PDA

View Full Version : Psychological Damaging Dreams (REMs)

Blaze
04-12-2010, 11:55 PM
What dreams strike you?

The last one like this I did not like the Sammy interference with the channel direction.

We all have Um REMs occurrences.
What is yours or can you insight an REM?

Here is the dream I just woke from that rings this topic to the forefront again.

This by means was not the weirdest dream of the set, just the easiest to explain.

I was in my police car alone. I was preparing to enter a roadway from an parking area. The area I was leaving had some of the dream-scape I mentioned that was to difficult to describe.

Traffic was passing. I notice this motorcycle. It looks like it is on a path for me and it is. The motorcycle hits my passenger side door. It appears to hit full throttle. It pops the window. I had the car locked up for security purposes ( I was freaked out from where I just left). The guy on the motorcycle hops off his motorcycle, like the crash was planned to pop my window. He starts rummaging through my car. I am concerned. I have objects that are classified. The motorcycle driver shines a flash light in my eyes and says "I have a gun. Take this." I can't see what it is because of the light. I think is it poison? Am I to eat it? What is it in his hand? I try to shield my eyes so I can see what is in his hand. He repeats he has a gun. I decide it is too complicate a dream and attempt to wake; And I wake. Earlier, I had attempted to wake and could not, I had to change the dream to exit the earlier events.

Any insight? for anyone? Hell if you are not a member sigh in give some insight up.

Discuss~

Diamondjimi
04-13-2010, 01:06 AM
Although I'm NOT an expert in dream psychosis...
I believe your dream is telling you that you may want to give up hallucinogens and alcohol and focus on a life of sobriety...

GAR
04-13-2010, 03:13 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w2luRC1TKdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w2luRC1TKdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

None of this!

Sensible Shoes
04-13-2010, 06:43 AM
Probably nothing more than a sense of danger over something much smaller. The ones right before we wake up are the most vivid, and have a sense of reality to them that is hard to shake. I had one a few weeks ago where my best friend was murdered and that one was very real for a while after I woke up - upsetting - and then stayed with me for a few days. Made me very uneasy, but it's fairly clear that I was concerned that I was losing my friend in some way. While it's fascinating to try and figure them out, and to try and bridge the gap between the two "realities" - it's probably best to not dwell on them and get on with things.

Blaze
04-13-2010, 07:11 AM
Although I'm NOT an expert in dream psychosis...
I believe your dream is telling you that you may want to give up hallucinogens and alcohol and focus on a life of sobriety...
You first! :biggrin:

Blaze
04-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Probably nothing more than a sense of danger over something much smaller. The ones right before we wake up are the most vivid, and have a sense of reality to them that is hard to shake. I had one a few weeks ago where my best friend was murdered and that one was very real for a while after I woke up - upsetting - and then stayed with me for a few days. Made me very uneasy, but it's fairly clear that I was concerned that I was losing my friend in some way. While it's fascinating to try and figure them out, and to try and bridge the gap between the two "realities" - it's probably best to not dwell on them and get on with things.
Oh, that sucks for a dream. And I see why one like that could linger. This one by no means was that bad, just a bit odd. I really apologize to you, I had forgotten that some people have real nightmares.
I wrote the title as a lark. And me being of my nature like analysis, I thought others would like the shrink angle too..:hitch:

About your dream, If you were not the one murdering your best friend, then it was outside forces taking your friend. Or something not of your control possibly.

REMs can make some of the best songs. One of the best reasons to sleep is for the dreams. I used to really get into lucid dreaming. I was pretty good at it.

In the other part of the dream I was being annoyed by almost quite literary an asterisk. Nothing really bad, just pesky like a bad child and over bearing or enveloping like a gnat or mosquito. that is horrible description of it. It was quite odd.

Last night mine was about my fingers. They had not had electricity (not quite electricity more like energy) in a long time. And I was trying to build a device to make the proper vibrations, so my fingers could hear. :biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-13-2010, 12:44 PM
The motorcycle driver shines a flash light in my eyes and says "I have a gun. Take this." I can't see what it is because of the light. I think is it poison? Am I to eat it? What is it in his hand? I try to shield my eyes so I can see what is in his hand. He repeats he has a gun.

Any insight? for anyone? Hell if you are not a member sigh in give some insight up.

Discuss~

if he was handing you a copy of 5150, this would make a lot more sense.;)

Sensible Shoes
04-13-2010, 12:55 PM
I have the "school" dream repeatedly. The one where I either haven't gone to class all semester, or it's the day of the final and I have no idea where or what time it is, and CERTAINLY haven't studied for it. There is a grain of truth in all of that. :D

Then there's the one where I get into a complete fucking rage at somebody and open my mouth to yell and nothing comes out but squeaks and rasping as I can feel my throat refusing to make any sound. Feels like being strangled. Gee that's not too fucking hard to analyze - although I recently had one where I actually did scream at somebody and called them many horrible names including a cunt. Fucking cunt, I think.

ELVIS
04-13-2010, 12:58 PM
I recently had one where I actually did scream at somebody and called them many horrible names including a cunt. Fucking cunt, I think.

You ??

No way!

:biggrin:

Sensible Shoes
04-13-2010, 01:42 PM
I DID! But it was only a dream. Same as writing it here. Not spoken out loud.

Anonymous
04-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Then there's the one where I get into a complete fucking rage at somebody and open my mouth to yell and nothing comes out but squeaks and rasping as I can feel my throat refusing to make any sound. Feels like being strangled. Gee that's not too fucking hard to analyze - although I recently had one where I actually did scream at somebody and called them many horrible names including a cunt. Fucking cunt, I think.

Well, like you said, that one isn't that hard to analyse. And neither is the second part, if you'll think about it. You finally DID scream at someone & it was right here, remember?

I guess attacking Suckadicki did make you feel good enough that your subconscious was finally able to get that scream out in your dreams.

Now you have to thank him for it. And then, because of that, you'll go back to the nightmares.

Cheers! :bottle:

Sensible Shoes
04-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah but screaming on the Interweb is not the same as having it literally come out of your mouth. I'll get there one day. Maybe today as a matter of fact.

In the meantime, has anybody ever had a dream that was SO GOOD you didn't want to wake up? And yes of course, the sexual ones come to mind, but there are other kinds too.

Blaze
04-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Oh, yea. I have had those. When you don't want to wake up try to grab onto something or start talking to someone in the dream. It don't always work. but sometimes it does. You might wake up a little bit, but usually go right back into the dream. What annoys me is when I go to sleep in my dreams. I have yet to see those dreams. :pullinghair:

binnie
04-13-2010, 03:42 PM
I am sure that I must dream, but I very rarely remember any of them. Maybe once every 3 or 4 months I can actually recal a dream.....

Little Texan
04-13-2010, 03:54 PM
I once had a dream within a dream within a dream. I don't know what I was on, but it was really fucked up, and I've never had another one like it since. Most of the dreams I have are abstract and just a big mishmash of different thoughts that make absolutely no sense.

Blaze
04-13-2010, 10:56 PM
if he was handing you a copy of 5150, this would make a lot more sense.;)

Yea, good thing I got outta there!

Blaze
04-13-2010, 10:57 PM
I am sure that I must dream, but I very rarely remember any of them. Maybe once every 3 or 4 months I can actually recal a dream.....
Wow, I could not imagine a life without dream recall. :headlights:

Blaze
04-13-2010, 11:00 PM
I once had a dream within a dream within a dream. I don't know what I was on, but it was really fucked up, and I've never had another one like it since. Most of the dreams I have are abstract and just a big mishmash of different thoughts that make absolutely no sense.
Isn't that the shakes! I have been trying forever to see those dreams inside of dreams and you get a no effort inclusive.! :pullinghair::biggrin:

Anonymous
04-13-2010, 11:02 PM
I have recently had many dreams where girls that I know are really pressed against me, we're having a normal chat, sometimes there's even other friends & acquaintances participating & it's all very normal, except for the fact that they're REALLY pressing against me, but somehow I fail to take action. I neither accept their advances nor refuse them.

I just sit there & chat like it's the most normal thing in the world. What's wrong with me, apart from the obvious that you people get to see here every day?

Northern Girl
04-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Wow, I could not imagine a life without dream recall. :headlights:

Really?

How does remembering crazy dreams enhance your life?

Other than make you sit around and wonder what they mean and seek opinions from strangers on the internet. :confused12:

GAR
04-14-2010, 02:19 AM
In the meantime, has anybody ever had a dream that was SO GOOD you didn't want to wake up?
I dreamed I was running a downhill trail so fast, I decided to put my arms out like wings to see if my feet would lift off the ground at at that speed, when I started gliding a few feet off the ground.

So just as you'd do in a swimming pool, I kicked my legs up and started flapping soaring higher above the trees.

I could see I was about 50 feet off the ground. Who wants to wake up from that, just coasting over houses like that with the air rushing thru your hair like a good stiff bag of crackhits ought to do for you - except without the stiff bag of crack. Just a dream. A nice dream, without the shitting on people from above, without being naked and without dropping weapons on cars like the other dreams you really do want to wake up from.

Igosplut
04-14-2010, 06:46 AM
We know all about your dreams coward, you post them everyday.....

Blaze
04-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Really?

How does remembering crazy dreams enhance your life?

Other than make you sit around and wonder what they mean and seek opinions from strangers on the internet. :confused12:

My goodness! Sorry you do not have have dream recall.
I had no clue you were ticklish about lack of dream recall.
Not all dreams are nonsensical.
My dreams are not always discorded. I practice dream enhancement.
Many of my dreams are just things I am active in or want to do.

I doubt you actually were inquiring about dreams and life quality, but it is a good question and someone else that is "a stranger on the internet" might be interested.

This is such a common topic, I am just going to pull from writers that have already written articles.

Blaze
04-14-2010, 02:41 PM
The ultimate purpose of dreaming is to provide you with daily guidance in your Life Journey … to help you find the best way to solve problems and open your eyes to new opportunities so that you can be happy and feel complete. In fact, dreams most often relate to your circumstances of the past 24 to 48 hours and can assist you in the immediate future.

Here are ten ways your dreams can enhance your life.

1. Dreams tell you what’s really going on in your life

Dreams give you big, audacious, unmistakable clues as to what’s wrong in your life, what’s really going on. You may be grappling with the same problem over and over and never seem to find the solution. You’ll be astounded when you discover what your dreams can tell you about what’s really going on in your life.

2. Dreams tell you stuff you DON’T already know

Dreams usually bring up issues and information that are not in your waking thoughts. Your dreams will give you fresh information, gob-smacking “aha!” moments and open your eyes to new insights, possibilities and opportunities!

Your dreams put you in direct contact and communication with your all-knowing, powerful inner self and allow you to see your magical inner world with your dream eyes. Your incredible dream visions and symbols give you the inside track on your inner secret world … some of which you’re not aware of in your waking moments.

3. Dreams prioritize your problems

Your dream world is like a great big problem-sorting-out, prioritization machine. Your sub-conscious knows exactly which problem is more important and should get your attention first to make the most profound difference in your life right away. So when you get a message in your dreams relating to a specific problem, you know what to concentrate on first, where you’ll get the biggest return on your time and energy investment.

4. Dreams tell you what makes you tick

You can find out all about yourself in your dreams … it’s like having the best personal therapist or life coach in the world at your beck and call 24*7. How do your beliefs and values affect your daily life? How do your emotions and fears trip you up? Why is your relationship failing? Why can’t you earn more money?

You’ll discover some amazing, life-changing things about yourself in your dreams. Find out about your “real” self – what makes you tick. Your dream world doesn’t lie … it just brings the important things you need to know about yourself to your attention so you can be happier, healthier and wealthier.

5. Dreams uncover your flair and your flaws

Your dream journey is all about respecting your own sacredness and internal divinity, about self-understanding and acceptance … not self improvement. You’re already perfect right now; you are already enough, you already have everything you need to realize your intended destiny. The only variable is how you choose to get there. And your dreams can guide you.

Do you have a hidden talent that you’re not using? You may have a string of strengths that could be used together to achieve exactly what you want in life. Are you persisting with a flawed approach to something? What are your weaknesses, the chinks in your armour? Ours is a world of duality … light and dark, joy and sorrow, strength and weakness … power and fragility. Do you know how to best use your unique flair and how to bolster your flaws to achieve your personal goals? The good news is that the answers are in your dreams.

6. Dreams give you clear direction

Dreams present you with options and choices … point out the opportunities and potential obstacles … give you a chance to re-evaluate the direction you are taking with a particular issue and alter your course for a smoother ride. Your dreams are of full of symbolism relating to DIRECTION … look out for symbols like:
- Up or down
- Left or right
- Forwards or backwards
- Exits and entrances
- Ascending or descending
- Open or closed
- Light or dark
- Crossroads, forks in the road
- Bridges
- Stairways and ladders

When you evaluate these direction finders within the context of your dream you’ll find some crystal clear messages and solutions.

7. Dreams are a dialogue, a two-way conversation

Dreams are a dialogue between your inner self and your waking self … your sub-conscious and your conscious self. And it’s a two-way street. You receive messages and answers and you can ask for guidance and assistance in solving problems that you have right now. You can create your own Dream Meditation to explore a different aspect of yourself or issue you may be dealing with right now that you’re looking for guidance on.

8. Dreams are great problem solvers

Would you like to know if one of your dreams is providing you with a crystal clear solution? I had a dream recently which clearly showed me that taking on a certain work project would be disastrous. So I didn’t. I discovered later that the work was not quite what it seemed and that I would have been pretty miserable had I taken it on.

You’ll find that your dreams can provide you with amazing solutions to your current life situations and problems too.

9. Dreams remind you of important issues in your life

When you are avoiding something important … or putting it off … or are really stuck with something in your life … your dreams are just itching to show you a possible answer or a better way. Your dreams will hassle and harass you by sending recurring messages or you’ll have dreams with a recurring theme until you take notice. It’s like having your own personal Alert System.

10. Dreams give you the edge

You can be totally “in the know” with regard to any circumstance in your life right now. Is somebody around you not being totally honest or giving you the true picture? What is really going on? What outcomes could you expect and what opportunities and obstacles are there ahead of you? If you really take the time to write your dreams down and interpret them you’ll have the edge over others who don’t have this powerful information. And you’ll be able to better navigate your journey and solve your problems to give you the best possible outcome.

About the Author
http://www.article-mania.com/index.php?page=author&author_name=Diane%20de%20Villiers

Blaze
04-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Here is an interesting link with lots of articles.

http://dreamstudies.org

Blaze
04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
TWELVE FAMOUS DREAMS
Creativity and Famous Discoveries From Dreams

Throughout history, artists, inventors, writers and scientists have solved problems in their dreams. Brilliant Dreams has compiled a list of twelve famous discoveries and creativity in literature, science, music and even sports attributed to dreams.

Paul McCartney | Stephen King | Abraham Lincoln | Mary Shelley | Otto Loewi | Madame CJ Walker
Robert Louis Stephenson | Jack Nicklaus | Louis Agassiz | Elias Howe | Srinivasa Ramanujan | Kekule

http://www.brilliantdreams.com/product/famous-dreams.htm

Blaze
04-14-2010, 03:05 PM
I have recently had many dreams where girls that I know are really pressed against me, we're having a normal chat, sometimes there's even other friends & acquaintances participating & it's all very normal, except for the fact that they're REALLY pressing against me, but somehow I fail to take action. I neither accept their advances nor refuse them.

I just sit there & chat like it's the most normal thing in the world. What's wrong with me, apart from the obvious that you people get to see here every day?

First thought was that song~
Which is cheesy when said by anyone other than the Bellamy Brothers in song , but the old country belly rubbing music is so romantic.
http://pics.mediaplazza.com/t_24/64x64/YAcoeur-qui-battent.gif

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nAVUrq7jvtM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nAVUrq7jvtM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Northern Girl
04-14-2010, 04:48 PM
I have great dreams on Benadryl...but I don't turn to them for life's answers.

Anonymous
04-14-2010, 05:02 PM
I have great dreams on Benadryl...but I don't turn to them for life's answers.

There's no need to look for answers to life, anyway. They're right in front of you. Well, not literally, of course. Otherwise, life's answers would be either a laptop, a CRT monitor or an LCD.

Anyways, it's really simple.

Enjoy yourself. Well, in more ways than one usually enjoys oneself.

As long as one's having fun, you're making good use of your life.

Yes, even if it's Saturday night & you're sitting at home in silence reading Alice Behind the Looking Glass while most people are out partying.

If you're enjoying it, it's the best use of your time.

SparkieD
04-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Traffic was passing. I notice this motorcycle. It looks like it is on a path for me and it is.

Doesn't Thome ride a motorcycle?

Diamondjimi
04-14-2010, 05:26 PM
:lmao:

kwame k
04-14-2010, 05:27 PM
:lmao:

Blaze
04-14-2010, 07:04 PM
:baaa: :umm: :lmao:

Blaze
04-14-2010, 07:16 PM