PDA

View Full Version : Sharon Osbourne strikes again!

tojoro
04-14-2010, 09:02 PM
I guess the re-recorded versions of Blizzard & Diary aren't selling too well. I just discovered that there will be an ad in the August issue of Guitar World for another Ozzy boxed set, containing the scab albums, but they plan to package them with a DVD of the footage they found with Randy from '81.
(couldn't find that post from April, so I started a new one)
Kind of desperate, but to be expected. I got this from randyrhoads.us, in a post from the site admin, who seems to be in close contact with Randy's brother and sister. He was with them at this year's NAMM when the relic Jackson was revealed.
We'll see how it goes. He claims to be 110% sure it isn't the After Hours footage.
I know the Osbournes are a major empire, but if they want to release something with Randy's name and image, I'd imagine they have to get his family's approval first.

jhale667
04-14-2010, 09:07 PM
The Scab albums are an insult to Randy's legacy. :mad: And that box-set.

Diamondjimi
04-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Well at least the :shiznit: O$bournes :shiznit: are giving us something new (DVD).

The SCAB:shiznit: versions are enough to make me :barf: . If Randy was alive today I think the SCAB:shiznit: situation would be a major issue...

Fuck the SCABS:shiznit: and bring on the DVD!!!

Kristy
04-14-2010, 10:11 PM
I guess the re-recorded versions of Blizzard & Diary aren't selling too well.

I'll go on record saying I actually bought one of those. Fucking horrible.

Diamondjimi
04-14-2010, 10:21 PM

I hear ya there...

Blackflag
04-14-2010, 10:25 PM
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/scab

jhale667
04-14-2010, 10:33 PM
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/scab

See 5c in your example - dummy

Blackflag
04-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Is Randy on strike?

It's not an example, it's a dictionary.

Blackflag
04-14-2010, 11:11 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/ww/news/2010/04/14/041410palin.jpg

I like this picture, btw.

Diamondjimi
04-14-2010, 11:13 PM
See 5c in your example - dummy

Exactly!

Is Randy on strike?

Humour FAIL! :Loser:

Diamondjimi
04-14-2010, 11:14 PM
http://l.yimg.com/a/i/ww/news/2010/04/14/041410palin.jpg

I like this picture, btw.

Why, because she's calling you an asshole in sign language?

Blackflag
04-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Why, because she's calling you an asshole in sign language?

I guess that makes two languages you're not real good with...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e5/Wise_Image_01-1-.gif

Asshole.

jhale667
04-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Is Randy on strike?

No, Daisley and Kerslake were, essentially.

You FAIL.

Blackflag
04-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Didn't realize Ozzy had a union. But I'm not a big fan, so who knew.

Diamondjimi
04-14-2010, 11:55 PM
I guess that makes two languages you're not real good with...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e5/Wise_Image_01-1-.gif

Asshole.

Wow, did you Google that all by yourself???

Goood boy!

Blackflag
04-15-2010, 12:06 AM
Weak response to be being owned.

jhale667
04-15-2010, 12:19 AM
This is my response to be being owned.

http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/klessons/images/denial.jpg

:lmao:

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Weak response to be being owned.

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Admitting-Youre-an-Asshole-Magnet-C11749872.jpeg

The joke clearly went over your head.... move along Parky...

Blackflag
04-15-2010, 12:28 AM
Parky..?

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Strike 2 !

http://wiki.ggc.usg.edu/mediawiki/images/thumb/3/3d/NLaBellaCartmanProject.gif/400px-NLaBellaCartmanProject.gif

Hardrock69
04-15-2010, 01:24 AM
This is why I am going to heavily advocate DOWNLOADING THE DVD FOR FREE.

FUCK SHARON OSBOURNE!!!! SHE IS A GODDAMNABLE CUNT!

I will NOT buy this box set, as I refuse to give any more money to that brainless, stench-ridden whore!

But I WILL download the DVD and will encourage everyone else to do the same!

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 01:28 AM
That fucker will be Torrented on the first day. Can't wait.

That maggot ridden Cunt will never see a dollar of my money EVER again!

Panamark
04-15-2010, 02:01 AM

Kristy, I hope you have the originals with Daisley and Kerslake ? They are masterful.
Those remixed versions are criminal.

tojoro
04-15-2010, 07:08 AM
Kristy,
I bought those too. This was before Sharon was forced to put the stickers on the front stating the bass and drums were redone. I knew at first listen something was off, as being a bass player, I'd memorized every nuance since forever ago, needless to say, I was pissed once I had read the liner notes.
Thankfully I've still got the vinyl, as well as the '95 remasters.
Blackflag, why is it that everyone else here understands where I was coming from with the scab comment but you? Since I've joined, I've realized that you seem to contribute very little to this site, and that you seem to get off on shitting on a lot of threads.
Unless this is an inside joke I'm missing, no one really seems to like you here, and you don't seem to like it here.
Through your posts, you come off as someone who is bitter, attention-starved, and convinced you are smarter than most, and right where everyone else is wrong.
Life is short, try to get some enjoyment out of it and contribute something positive. Break off the stick that you obviously have jammed up your ass.
I know I'm a new guy here, but this is the image you project to people, if you actually care...

ThrillsNSpills
04-15-2010, 08:43 AM
The only good thing you could say about the remasters is that there was a bonus track on one of them.

Sharon fucked up so bad killing those classics that nobody who loved those albums could ever forgive her.
You DONT kill the drum intro to Little Dolls.
It's one thing to mess with perfection and another to not label the disc to say they were tampered with.

She should have realized that that move would have fucked up their bottom line in the long run.

Panamark
04-15-2010, 10:04 AM
When those two albums are so ingrained in your mind, hearing the bastardized remixes
almost makes a grown man cry ? The new drums and bass are not even good ??
Do you reckon Sharon waits until Ozzy is about to pass out at night and gets him
to sign that he agrees ?...... When I first heard the remix of Blizzard I was like
"Has Ozzy heard this ?? he is gonna kill someone" then I learned the whole
shit, fucked up crap that Sharon Arden pulled on Bob and Lee.... Those guys
saved Ozzy just as much as Randy did... I shit you not !!!

Diamondjimi
04-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Blackflag, why is it that everyone else here understands where I was coming from with the scab comment but you? Since I've joined, I've realized that you seem to contribute very little to this site, and that you seem to get off on shitting on a lot of threads.
Unless this is an inside joke I'm missing, no one really seems to like you here, and you don't seem to like it here.
Through your posts, you come off as someone who is bitter, attention-starved, and convinced you are smarter than most, and right where everyone else is wrong.
Life is short, try to get some enjoyment out of it and contribute something positive. Break off the stick that you obviously have jammed up your ass.

Nailed it! ;)

kissfan1976
04-15-2010, 11:02 AM
When those two albums are so ingrained in your mind, hearing the bastardized remixes
almost makes a grown man cry ? The new drums and bass are not even good ??
Do you reckon Sharon waits until Ozzy is about to pass out at night and gets him
to sign that he agrees ?...... When I first heard the remix of Blizzard I was like
"Has Ozzy heard this ?? he is gonna kill someone" then I learned the whole
shit, fucked up crap that Sharon Arden pulled on Bob and Lee.... Those guys
saved Ozzy just as much as Randy did... I shit you not !!!

I agree!

I 'm just glad EVH never went and replaced Mikey's bass tracks with Wolfie's.

ELVIS
04-15-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm sure that idea was considered...

jhale667
04-15-2010, 11:18 AM
I know I'm a new guy here, but this is the image you project to people, if you actually care...

Nailed it indeed. Where's the "thanks" button when you NEED it? :hee:

ELVIS
04-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Under your nose...

jhale667
04-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Under your nose...

Nope...

chefcraig
04-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Where's the "thanks" button when you NEED it? :hee:

J, you might need to redo some of your settings in your Profile. Go to the "Settings" at the top of the page. The newest version of VBulletin is different, and the section formerly known as the CPU has changed somewhat. Also, for one reason or another the last post in a thread occasionally does not include options for thanks, reputation or for reporting a post.

ThrillsNSpills
04-15-2010, 12:11 PM
I have a nuke button on mine.
is that normal?

ELVIS
04-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Mines duzz...

ELVIS
04-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I have a nuke button on mine.
is that normal?

try it out...

jhale667
04-15-2010, 12:21 PM
J, you might need to redo some of your settings in your Profile. Go to the "Settings" at the top of the page. The newest version of VBulletin is different, and the section formerly known as the CPU has changed somewhat. Also, for one reason or another the last post in a thread occasionally does not include options for thanks, reputation or for reporting a post.

Will check it out in a sec...thanks!

Oddly, they were there last night...gone when I signed on this morning...

jhale667
04-15-2010, 01:40 PM
The new Ozzy tune is available for streaming...kinda underwhelmed. Gus G quotes a Zakk lick from the "Miracle Man"solo in his solo almost verbatim...:rolleyes:

http://www.metalinsider.net/new-music/stream-ozzy-osbourne-let-me-hear-you-scream

ELVIS
04-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Ozzy doesn't sound terrible...

jhale667
04-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Maybe it'll grow on me... dunno. :umm:

binnie
04-15-2010, 02:00 PM
That Ozzy tune has the same effect on me as the three tunes on 'The Best Of Both Worlds' - both sound like a cover band that has tried to write its own material.

atomicpunk5151
04-15-2010, 04:06 PM
The new Ozzy tune is available for streaming...kinda underwhelmed. Gus G quotes a Zakk lick from the "Miracle Man"solo in his solo almost verbatim...:rolleyes:

http://www.metalinsider.net/new-music/stream-ozzy-osbourne-let-me-hear-you-scream

Kind of strange to hear the part from "Miracle Man". I think it is so obvious that it may be a tribute or nod to Zakk? Not sure.

As for the song, ok I guess. Nothing special.

kwame k
04-15-2010, 04:22 PM
This is why I am going to heavily advocate DOWNLOADING THE DVD FOR FREE.

I will NOT buy this box set, as I refuse to give any more money to that brainless, stench-ridden whore!

But I WILL download the DVD and will encourage everyone else to do the same!

Normally I download something to see if I like it then buy it but I agree........any Ozzy stuff I get will be for free.

binnie
04-15-2010, 04:38 PM
It's just Ozzy the cartoon character isn't it?

jhale667
04-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Kind of strange to hear the part from "Miracle Man". I think it is so obvious that it may be a tribute or nod to Zakk? Not sure.

As for the song, ok I guess. Nothing special.

Yeah, I think it's an homage to his hero (he apparently hadn't heard the Randy versions of Ozzy's material prior to getting the gig). I noticed on the MetalInsider page someone asserts Zakk supposedly did the rhythms and they've edited out the "Pings", Gus only did the solo.

The solo's actually the coolest thing about the tune...I listened to it again louder than I could at the office when I got home, and besides the solo - I dig the off-kilter opening lick - it's still not doing much for me.

:guitar:

kissfan1976
04-16-2010, 10:13 AM
I agree with some of the comments on that website,the music sounds like Nickleback.

binnie
04-16-2010, 10:35 AM
I don't hear the Nickleback connection.

As I've said above, I'm not really that impressed - on first listen I'd say that the production is certainly better than 'Black Rain', and that Ozzy's vocals sound more aggressive and stronger than he has in years, largely because he's almost talking rather than singing. The guitar playing is a little generic for me - whilst flashy, there's not a lot of individuality there, it could be anyone playing that solo.

The song is an attempt at an anthem, but the elevator stops way short of the top floor.........

jhale667
04-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Agree production-wise it's the best thing he's done in years, but apart from the solo it's just kinda flat. Sounds like he's trying too hard to be "contemporary". My former drummer and a couple of co-workers think I'm crazy, they love it.

binnie
04-16-2010, 11:46 AM
They must be hard of hearing. It reminds me of when Alice Cooper was releasing stuff like 'Trash' and 'Hey Stoopid' - he'd become a parody of his former self, a cartoon villain. The music had big choruses, but it was devoid of the depth that made his earlier stuff great.

Same situation here, I'm afraid. This song is better than 'I Don't Wanna Stop', however.........

kissfan1976
04-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Man, I can just imagine the uproar if Gene was ever to replace Ace & Peter's guitar and drums with Eric & Tommy's on the first 6 KISS studio albums.

Diamondjimi
04-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Man, I can just imagine the uproar if Gene was ever to replace Ace & Peter's guitar and drums with Eric & Tommy's on the first 6 KISS studio albums.

Shhhhhh.!!! :biggrin:

ThrillsNSpills
04-16-2010, 01:55 PM
So when exactly is this box set coming out?
There's no mention of it anywhere on the net.

chefcraig
04-16-2010, 01:59 PM

After the first 3 albums, it's debatable what tracks Ace and Peter did play on.

kissfan1976
04-16-2010, 02:16 PM
After the first 3 albums, it's debatable what tracks Ace and Peter did play on.

True.

I know there was some "Ace Ghosts" on Destoyer.

kwame k
04-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Everything Ozzy has done over the last decade or so sounds like a Rob Zombie rip-off, IMO.

chefcraig
04-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Everything Ozzy has done over the last decade or so sounds like a Rob Zombie rip-off, IMO.

I remain unmoved one way or the other by this tune. When I was younger, music that sounded like it was made on an assembly line and failed to sound even remotely organic was called "corporate rock". This referred more than anything to the cynical nature of record companies then (and now), that fobbed this soul-free "music" on an apparently naive public. It was bland as vanilla and calculated right down to the beats per minute of the tunes. Today, you have crap bands like Nickleback that seem to have rediscovered the formula, and I believe that is where the comparison came from. What's even is worse is what you just pointed out, as here is an artist flagrantly aping acts that he himself influenced decades ago. And that's just plain sad.

I don't like it, nor do I hate it, as it's just sort of there. As an artist, you've probably reached a nadir when people are neither thrilled or appalled by your work.

tojoro
04-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Thrills,
There will supposedly be an announcement made in the August issue of Guitar World. I imagine they will announce the date then. I haven't heard much lately about Jack Osbourne's doc, but that was supposed to be out this year too.
Maybe the two will coincide.
2010 is shaping up to be a big year for Oz. Sabbath's debut turned 40, Blizzard of Ozz turned 30, he's had a book come out, an album coming out, the Rhoads DVD, and Jack's doc.
Busy guy...too bad the Sabbath anniv. is marred by the lawsuit with Tony, and the Blizzard anniv marred by....well, 'nuff said on that one!

kwame k
04-16-2010, 02:53 PM
I remain unmoved one way or the other by this tune. When I was younger, music that sounded like it was made on an assembly line and failed to sound even remotely organic was called "corporate rock". This referred more than anything to the cynical nature of record companies then (and now), that fobbed this soul-free "music" on an apparently naive public. It was bland as vanilla and calculated right down to the beats per minute of the tunes. Today, you have crap bands like Nickleback that seem to have rediscovered the formula, and I believe that is where the comparison came from. What's even is worse is what you just pointed out, as here is an artist flagrantly aping acts that he himself influenced decades ago. And that's just plain sad.

I don't like it, nor do I hate it, as it's just sort of there. As an artist, you've probably reached a nadir when people are neither thrilled or appalled by your work.

Very true, Craig.....Ozzy hasn't done anything for me since Ultimate Sin.

jhale667
04-16-2010, 03:17 PM
Speaking of documentaries, anyone heard when Peter Margolis' one about Randy is coming out? Seems like last I heard they'd reached a similar impasse with Sharon, Daisley and Kerlake: Sharon wants them to use the bastardized versions of the Blizzard and Diary material, while Bob and Lee rightfully insist that if they're being interviewed for and participating in the project, it damn well better be the original versions.

Sharon is so wrong on this issue - in multiple instances - it's sad. From everything I've heard (in some cases directly from friends and former bandmates) I think Randy would cunt-punt her if he could these days. :(

tojoro
04-16-2010, 03:41 PM
J,
The Margolis doc is finished, the three year contract was up last Wed., but he did get it done, despite lots of naysayers have said, it is coming out. Not sure if it will still be submitted to Sundance this Sept. for potential distributors.
From what I heard recently, Peter spent a good sum flying his crew and equip. to Austrailia, where he was met by someone claiming to be Bob's manager demanding a lot of money for Bob to appear in the film, etc. needless to say, it sounds like it was a bad experience.
Bob wanted the original music to be used in the film, which makes sense, but if Peter is being told by the Osbournes that he can use the remasters or nothing, what is he supposed to do?
At least the trip wasn't a total waste, as they also went to interview Scott Shelly as well, who was the man who taught Randy guitar at Musonia, (Dee Rhoads' music school in Burbank)
For those here who have never visited any of the Rhoads forums, the past three years have been pretty fucked up, to say the least...at first everyone thought Peter was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but one by one, most turned their backs on him. It got pretty harsh, some very disturbed folks came out of the woodwork looking to sabotage Peter, and I could never understand that.
He's doing an awesome thing. Many people have approached the family, looking to make a film about Randy, but they were all turned away.
Peter got the green light, as he was a former student, (he has all of his lessons with Randy on casette still.), Peter did the 80's guitar-L.A. Club scene thing, eventually got through school, and wound up in the film industry.
It was a chance meeting on a set while speaking to a member of the crew, who wound up being Randy's tech during Quiet Riot's club days pre-Ozzy named Brian Reason, who put Peter in touch with the family.
There seem to be a lot of power struggles, egos, grudges and jealousy that could have derailed this, but it got done, and I look forward to seeing it very much.

jhale667
04-16-2010, 04:30 PM
I look forward to seeing it too. :baaa: I stop by the Rhoads boards occasionally.

Margolis was totally over a barrel in that situation, I feel for him - doing the right thing in that instance would have lessened the project by a wider margin, if not killed it outright - I mean, the crap remasters (I have the remastered ORIGINAL tracks CDs, the ones that came out before the dispute btw, & they sound great) vs. the complete absence of Rhoads' playing during that pivotal period in his life in the documentary of said life? Doesn't work. Again, shame on Sharon. I've been a fan of Ozzy since I was a teenager, still love the guy - but that situation is just fucked up. What sucks is she's too smart not to be aware of what that act does to Randy's legacy, she just doesn't CARE. :(

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Ozzy after in '97 at an interview/signing he was doing he instructed his assistant to come and explain to me how he was making sure I'd get MORE $$ for my Rhoads autographed Diary Tour Program, me quoting assistant quoting Ozzy here "should you ever decide to sell it but he said "bet he's never gonna.". He's right. :baaa:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-19-2010, 12:10 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100419/ap_en_tv/us_people_sharon_osbourne;_ylt=Aq0EIWixBDoTUcySAMV Ggrqs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFrOWI5Y2M1BHBvcwMxNjYEc2VjA2F jY29yZGlvbl9lbnRlcnRhaW5tZW50BHNsawNzaGFyb25vc2Jvd XI-

Sharon Osbourne says she's having her breast implants removed this summer and will give them to her husband, rocker Ozzy Osbourne, as a paperweight.
The 57-year-old reality TV star says the implants will be better on Ozzy's desk "than on my chest 'cause they're awful."
She confirmed reports of her plans to do so during an appearance Monday on the "Today" show.
Osbourne is competing on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice."
She says the show is the hardest thing she's ever done in her career, but also the best.
Says Osbourne: "It's constant mental pressure, and you've got such a short time to do each challenge. ... It's really tough."
___

ELVIS
04-19-2010, 12:22 PM
I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Ozzy after in '97 at an interview/signing he was doing he instructed his assistant to come and explain to me how he was making sure I'd get MORE $$ for my Rhoads autographed Diary Tour Program, me quoting assistant quoting Ozzy here "should you ever decide to sell it but he said "bet he's never gonna.". He's right. :baaa:

No comprehend...:confused:

ThrillsNSpills
04-19-2010, 12:45 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100419/ap_en_tv/us_people_sharon_osbourne;_ylt=Aq0EIWixBDoTUcySAMV Ggrqs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFrOWI5Y2M1BHBvcwMxNjYEc2VjA2F jY29yZGlvbl9lbnRlcnRhaW5tZW50BHNsawNzaGFyb25vc2Jvd XI-

Sharon Osbourne says she's having her breast implants removed this summer and will give them to her husband, rocker Ozzy Osbourne, as a paperweight.
The 57-year-old reality TV star says the implants will be better on Ozzy's desk "than on my chest 'cause they're awful."

___

Daisley paid for the left one and Kerslake the right.

chefcraig
04-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Daisley paid for the left one and Kerslake the right.

Meaning they have served their purpose and will be removed from sight forever more. Unless you really believe that Ozzy Osbourne has a desk, let alone does anything while seated at it.

jhale667
04-19-2010, 01:20 PM
No comprehend...:confused:

You'd like another slightly more detailed synopsis? M'kay...
When I was working for the company that also did Rockline in '97, Ozzy came into the offices to do an interview.We'd been pre-warned he didn't want to meet anyone, but had graciously agreed to sign whatever anyone wanted. Knowing this, I took the opportunity to bring in my Diary of a Madman tour program I'd been lucky enough to have Randy, Rudy, and Don Airey sign when I met them after the show in '82, but Ozzy hadn't come out of the venue at the time, nor had Tommy Aldridge, so it was missing their signatures.
I was excited to get Ozzy to sign it after all these years. They'd put post-its with everyone's name on each item so Ozzy could personalize them (as well as to facilitate them keeping track of the items submitted). Well, apparently Ozzy FLIPPED OUT when he saw my program (heard him through a soundproof wall), even HE hadn't seen an authentic Rhoads signature in ages, and he recognized it immediately. He told them to tell me he was NOT going to personalize it "To Jay" due to the fact that personalized autographs fetch less than regular non ones, and he wanted to make sure should I ever DECIDE to sell it, I'd get the maximum bang for my buck, but when my buddies told him I'd been holding on to it since I was 14, he said "He's probably NEVER gonna sell this!".

Props to the old man for that one. :baaa:

Igosplut
04-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Neat story J....

ELVIS
04-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Cool...

And the new song is growing on me...

Ozzy sounds good for an old fart...

:elvis:

jhale667
04-20-2010, 01:32 PM
The song I'm still kinda "meh" about, but I reeeeally like the solo the more I hear it. As someone on a gear forum put it "it sure is nice to hear those extra two notes in the scale in an Ozzy solo after all these years, isn't it?" :D

ELVIS
04-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Yeah, but only us guitar players hear that kind of thing...

Everyone else just hears the song with the vocals being the main focus, and in that aspect it's not bad...

jhale667
04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
No, I agree there, and it's NOT bad, actually...just not WOW either, y'know?

ELVIS
04-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I agree, but Ozzy's voice does sound good even though there's no higher register signature 'Ozzy'...

He needs something he can actually sing live...

jhale667
04-20-2010, 03:09 PM
I'll be interested to hear him pull this one off live...listen to the chorus carefully...notice every time he says "Let me hear you GO wild, GO" whatever...you can tell they've punched in that syllable. It's the exact same "Go" each time...was he running out of breath, or just pitchy during that part? Will be interesting to see if they pipe it in, or "augment" him in any way during that part live...

ELVIS
04-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Sounds like alternating lines to me...

They should leave out the piped in vocals and just let Ozzy fill it in with let me see your f***ing hands!

chefcraig
04-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Just be glad the producer didn't use that dreadful auto-tune device on the vocals. Every other song you hear these days reminds you of a Cher single from over a decade ago. :duh:

Seshmeister
04-20-2010, 06:26 PM
I wonder if they have recorded the second version yet.

The one they will be miming to passing it off as live on TV six or seven times over the next few months.

I used to think they just added some reverb to the album track but last time they had recorded a different guitar track miming to the single.

jhale667
04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Just be glad the producer didn't use that dreadful auto-tune device on the vocals. Every other song you hear these days reminds you of a Cher single from over a decade ago. :duh:

Just because the effect isn't obvious doesn't always mean it wasn't used, bro...

I wonder if they have recorded the second version yet.

The one they will be miming to passing it off as live on TV six or seven times over the next few months.

I used to think they just added some reverb to the album track but last time they had recorded a different guitar track miming to the single.

Yeah, saw that the few times he played "I don't wanna stop" supposedly "live"...was anything but...:ummm:

chefcraig
04-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Just because the effect isn't obvious doesn't always mean it wasn't used, bro...

Oh, I hear ya, believe me. My point was more toward considering the contrived nature of recording today, I'm surprised the gimmick was not used on the single, such as in the chorus: "Let me hear you GO-E-O-E-YO wild...". :biggrin:

Doctor Dude
04-20-2010, 07:08 PM

A-fucking-men.

I went on an alcohol-fueled tirade on the Blabbermouth board last night and got banned for life for posting a similar comment about Sharon.

Sadly I don't remember what I wrote and it's all gone now.

binnie
04-29-2010, 07:53 AM
As if 'Scream' wasn't an uninspired enough title, here's the artwork for Ozzy's album:

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ozzyscream.jpg

ELVIS
04-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Take out the wings, the word scream and change the flag to a mic stand and it would be cool...

binnie
04-29-2010, 09:37 AM
That's pretty much re-doing it then.....

jhale667
04-29-2010, 10:17 AM
As if 'Scream' wasn't an uninspired enough title, here's the artwork for Ozzy's album:

Saw that...even more underwhelming than the title track...:rolleyes:

chefcraig
04-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Saw that...even more underwhelming than the title track...:rolleyes:

It really looks like Ozzy is about to be picked up and dropped off a cliff by a huge-assed bald eagle. I saw an episode of CSI recently that documented how the birds would grab a critter within their talons, then fly up a great distance. Once aloft, they'd drop the hapless creature to the bottom of a canyon, effectively cracking it's skull and softening it's body in order to chow down. So in that context, Scream seems to make sense as a title.

It also makes you wonder why Osbourne didn't simply appropriate Munch's picture of the same name. Everyone else has. :umm:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9724/lgsc0169homersscreamthe.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/i/lgsc0169homersscreamthe.jpg/)

Seshmeister
04-29-2010, 11:16 AM

Is that Sharon pre plastic surgery on the flag?

binnie
04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Its looks like Ozzy is tying to pluck his lost talent out of thin air.....

Seshmeister
04-29-2010, 12:21 PM
My guess is these days he contributes less than 10% to the songwriting. Electronics can just about fix his voice in the studio so it all comes down to the backing band.

Unfortunately for some reason people who don't feel they are part of a band but are just temporary employees usually seem to be very poor at producing good original rock music. Also most people just aren't very good at songwriting in general. If you get a job in the Ozzy band based on your good playing ability there is still no reason that you should be any better at writing songs than the average bar band.

For all those reasons I would be stunned if this album is better than mediocre.

Hardrock69
04-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Is he even singing in the studio anymore? Hell, they could just take random sentences from all the previous albums he has sung on, use pitch transposer plugins to make them sing whatever melody required, and boom - new song. No need for Ozzy to ever sing again.