PDA

View Full Version : What Jump is about in Dave's own words

Sarge
01-10-2004, 11:30 PM
Rock Video Magazine (July 1984)
"David Lee Roth"
by Lisa Robinson

LR: Were you surprised that you had a #1 single with "Jump"?

DLR: "Jump" is a song that we wrote for several different reasons, primarily because it is leap year and secondly, because I was watching television one night and it was the five o'clock news and there was a fellow standing on top of the Arco Towers in Los Angeles and he was about to check out early, he was going to do the 33 stories drop - and there was a whole crowd of people in the parking lot downstairs yelling "Don't jump, don't jump" and I thought to myself, "Jump." So, I wrote it down and ultimately it made in onto the record, although in a much more positive vein. It's easy to translate it the way you hear it on the record as a "go for it" attitude, positive sort of affair - I jog, therefore, I am, approach.

lionsfan
01-11-2004, 02:15 AM
Interesting...I honestly didn't know that.

choppizz
01-16-2004, 11:11 AM
I think more likely he wrote Jump to give him an excuse to do a backflip in the video and show off for the MTV viewers. DLR himself said that his lyrics don't really mean much. I think he said " They're not poetry - I get most of my lyrics off the back of greeting cards!"

Mr Walker
01-16-2004, 11:27 AM
I always believed that 'Jump" was Dave's commentary on the state of VH and his relationship with Edward at the time...
Kinda like...

"you think it's tough working with me, try working with your whiny little depressed ass all the time... now shit or get off the pot... if it's so bad... fucking Jump you big pussy-fag cry baby"

Catfish
01-16-2004, 11:28 AM
At least Dave admits to not taking it all that seriously and we don't hear him saying shit like, "I thought it was beautiful poetry" like that cocksmacker Hagar.

One Voice
01-16-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Catfish
At least Dave admits to not taking it all that seriously and we don't hear him saying shit like, "I thought it was beautiful poetry" like that cocksmacker Hagar.

You got that right.
Sammy thinks everything he writes is amazing.
Shaka Doobie my ass.
What a joke Spammy is.

Gmoney
01-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Mr Walker

"you think it's tough working with me, try working with your whiny little depressed ass all the time... now shit or get off the pot... if it's so bad... fucking Jump you big pussy-fag cry baby"

Amen brother!!

Gmoney
01-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by One Voice
You got that right.
Sammy thinks everything he writes is amazing.
Shaka Doobie my ass.
What a joke Spammy is.

There is only two songs Hagar(aka Pajama Boy) knows how to write:

1) Pussy love songs
2) Drinking tequilla

One Voice
01-16-2004, 12:18 PM
And neither one worth a shit.

John Holmes
01-20-2004, 06:17 AM
Dave is the man. Period.