PDA

View Full Version : John Peak dies after wheelie bin stunt goes wrong - Weeksy you ok ???

Panamark
04-18-2010, 10:32 AM
- Man rode wheelie bin down steep hill
-Thrown against tree after hitting gutter
- "He was laughing the whole way down"

TO his mates, John Peake was an "extreme dude" who loved a cold beer and a good laugh.
He lived life to the limits and enjoyed surfing or skateboarding whenever he had the chance.

So when seven mates lined two wheelie bins up at the top of a steep hill at 3am yesterday after a night of drinking, Peake, 22, was among them.

"He was laughing the whole way down," friend David Gorrel, 21, told The Daily Telegraph. "Our mate, he died laughing."

Peake, of Umina, died when he hit a gutter and slammed headfirst into a tree while riding the wheelie bin 300m down Lone Pine Ave, in Umina Beach, NSW.

The quiet street is popular with youngsters who test their courage by riding bicycles, scooters or wheelie bins down the steep gradient.
Police said that Mr Peake, who worked as a driller at the Entrance, was lying flat on the wheelie bin.

His friend Sean Gale, 19, also of Umina, was lying on top of him.

Another young man, who rode a second bin alone, survived the steep descent, only realising his mates had crashed when he reached the bottom of the hill without them.

Mr Peake's friends tried desperately to revive him at the scene. He was pronounced dead a short time later at Gosford Hospital.

Mr Gale suffered broken ribs and other internal injuries.

Panamark
04-18-2010, 10:32 AM
http://www.news.com.au/national/john-peak-dies-after-wheelie-bin-stunt-goes-wrong/story-e6frfkvr-1225855218765

Panamark
04-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Reason I posted this was for one of our members Weeksy Lee Roth.
This is his "part of the world"

Panamark
04-18-2010, 10:37 AM
And he is a crazy bugger, Im sure he wheelie bin surfs to work !!!!

Northern Girl
04-18-2010, 10:40 AM
at 3am yesterday after a night of drinking

Too many stories like this...:(

Just having a little fun...:umm:

Igosplut
04-18-2010, 11:55 AM
What the hell is a "Wheelie bin"??

chefcraig
04-18-2010, 01:00 PM
What the hell is a "Wheelie bin"??

I had to look it up myself, as I believed it was an Aussie wheel barrow at first. It's one of those plastic garbage containers that has wheels to help you roll it to the curb.

Little Texan
04-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Too many stories like this...:(

Just having a little fun...:umm:

When is having a little fun ever worth one's life? To be young, reckless, and stupid...

Panamark
04-19-2010, 04:01 AM
Here guys....

http://www.thetangentnewspaper.co.uk/images/mar10/wheelie.jpg

sadaist
04-19-2010, 12:08 PM
That sucks. Poor kid. It gives me flashbacks of all the stupid things I did at a youngster. I had a 4x4 and a buddy & me drove to the snow with a couple of round disc sleds and a ton of beer. I parked on a snow bank & turned on all the off road lights to light up the night sky & hill. We sledded down this hill for a couple hours drunk as skunks. Slept it off in the back of the SUV. When we awoke after daybreak, we went out for a couple more runs. When we looked at the hill....now being sober...we packed it up & left, not believing we were stupid enough to sled down such a fucked up hill.

ELVIS
04-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Too much Jackass...

Dan
04-19-2010, 02:45 PM
It Happens In New Zealand Too.:rolleyes:

Night On The Piss Then Hop Into A Bin And Roll Down The Street.

Little Texan
04-19-2010, 07:18 PM
What a shitty way to go...riding a trash can down a hill.

Panamark
04-19-2010, 08:10 PM
I tried to find a youtube of this, but there was an old ad on TV here where some dude on the back
of the garbage truck steals a bottle of lemon soda drink off some dudes front lawn as he
is working out. The dude upon realizing, leaps onto his wheelie bin chases after the truck,
snatches the drink back out of the garbo's hand, drinks it in one gulp then throws the empty
container into the back of the truck. The drink is called Solo... Funny ad, but I always wondered
if that's what started this craze. Dan might have seen the ad I'm talking about.

Panamark
04-19-2010, 08:16 PM
What a shitty way to go...riding a trash can down a hill.

Yeah, but they did say he was laughing ? If anything I hope it stops others.
Jeez at least put a helmet on ya silly young buggers !!! :mad:

Dan
04-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Mark,Never Seen the Ad.

GAR
04-24-2010, 02:56 AM
Most dangerous thing I ever did at that age was hang onto bumpers when trucks came to a stop at the intersection.. we used to drag 100 ft in the dirt or more before letting go we coulda got killed.

Dr. Love
04-24-2010, 03:00 AM
I saw some people on the road the other day on the way home from work. They were riding motorcycles and doing what I consider irresponsible, crazy shit ... wheelies at 70 mph, laying down on their belly on the seat of their bikes, stuff like that. Generally freaking out the other motorists. Several years ago I'd've thought it was cool. All I could think in this case was ... if I were to do something like that and it went horribly wrong, right before I died, would I think it was worth it?

Probably not. Probably wouldn't even have a chance to realize something had went wrong.