PDA

View Full Version : LTC Doubts Obama's Citizenship, Faces Court-Martial

hideyoursheep
04-18-2010, 05:34 PM
An Army doc who refuses to go to Afghanistan until President Obama produces a birth certificate will face court-martial.

Lt. Col. Terry Lakin, a decorated military man who has become a part of the fringe "birther" movement - which believes President Obama was not born in the United States - could face a dishonorable discharge for failing to obey orders, MSNBC reported on Tuesday.

The 18-year veteran came out in support of the largely discredited conspiracy theorists at the end of March, proclaiming he would "disobey" his "illegal" orders to deploy.

"I believe all servicemen and women, and the American people, deserve the truth about President Obama's constitutional eligibility to the office of the presidency and the commander in chief," he said in a video statement posted on YouTube on March 30.

The Bronze Star Medal recipient refuses to go to Afghanistan for a second tour until Obama releases his birth certificate showing he was, in fact, born in the U.S.

"Seeking out public office, especially the highest in our land, means you must uphold the Constitution, Mr. President, and confirm your eligibility," Lakin said in the video.

The Army doctor was informed of his court-martial by his brigade commander, and his Pentagon building pass and laptop have been seized, MSNBC reported.

Several lawsuits have been filed - and dismissed - in the last two years by "birthers" who continue to believe that Obama was not born here, but instead in Kenya or possibly Indonesia.

In an effort to confront the conspiracy, Obama officials posted a copy of a certification of live birth online in 2008. Newspaper notices from August 4, 1961 have also been found in Hawaiian newspapers announcing his birth, and officials have confirmed his birth certificate exists and shows he was born in Honolulu.

A birth certificate claiming Obama was born in Kenya, which surfaced last year, later proved to be fake.

The claims of Obama's ineligibility to hold office because he wasn't a natural-born citizen began during his campaign for President.

LINK (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/04/14/2010-04-14_birther_lt_col_terry_lakin_to_be_courtmartialed _for_refusing_order_to_deploy_to_.html)

sadaist
04-18-2010, 05:55 PM
I saw Bill O'Reilly talking about this guy. O'Reilly said he had proof Obama WAS born in Hawaii, and showed I think a birth announcement from the local paper. This whole birther thing needs to stop. Plenty of things that are legitimate to go after Obama about.

Nickdfresh
04-18-2010, 05:59 PM
This guys a fucking whack-job. Someone might want to tell him that Obama already posted his birth certificate online, and that publicly insulting your commander in chief makes you a shitty officer. It's pretty scary this halfwit actually treats wounded servicemen, but then, we can probably figure out why he can't get a private practice...

hideyoursheep
04-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Rule #1- You ALWAYS follow your last order.

I seriously doubt his deployment orders came directly from Obama.