PDA

View Full Version : FDA plans to limit amount of salt allowed in processed foods for health reasons

BigBadBrian
04-22-2010, 07:23 AM
The Food and Drug Administration is planning an unprecedented effort to gradually reduce the salt consumed each day by Americans, saying that less sodium in everything from soup to nuts would prevent thousands of deaths from hypertension and heart disease. The initiative, to be launched this year, would eventually lead to the first legal limits on the amount of salt allowed in food products.

The government intends to work with the food industry and health experts to reduce sodium gradually over a period of years to adjust the American palate to a less salty diet, according to FDA sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the initiative had not been formally announced.

Officials have not determined the salt limits. In a complicated undertaking, the FDA would analyze the salt in spaghetti sauces, breads and thousands of other products that make up the $600 billion food and beverage market, sources said. Working with food manufacturers, the government would set limits for salt in these categories, designed to gradually ratchet down sodium consumption. The changes would be calibrated so that consumers barely notice the modification.

The legal limits would be open to public comment, but administration officials do not think they need additional authority from Congress.

"This is a 10-year program," one source said. "This is not rolling off a log. We're talking about a comprehensive phase-down of a widely used ingredient. We're talking about embedded tastes in a whole generation of people."

The FDA, which regulates most processed foods, would be joined in the effort by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which oversees meat and poultry.

Currently, manufacturers can use as much salt as they like in products because under federal standards, it falls into the category deemed "generally recognized as safe." Foodmakers are merely required to report the amount on nutrition labels.

But for the past 30 years, health officials have grown increasingly alarmed as salt intake has increased with the explosion in processed foods and restaurant meals. Most adults consume about twice the government's daily recommended limit, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Until now, the government has pushed the food industry to voluntarily reduce salt and tried to educate consumers about the dangers of excessive sodium. But in a study to be released Wednesday, an expert panel convened by the Institute of Medicine concludes that those measures have failed. The panel will recommend that the government take action, according to sources familiar with the findings.

Although the specifics of the government's plans have not been made public, the food industry has been bracing for a federal initiative.

"We're working on it voluntarily already," said Melissa Musiker, senior manager of science policy, nutrition and health at the Grocery Manufacturers Association. In recent months, Conagra, Pepsico, Kraft Foods, General Mills, Sara Lee and others have announced that they would reduce sodium in many of their products. Pepsico has developed a new shape for sodium chloride crystals that the company hopes will allow it to reduce salt by 25 percent in its Lay's Classic potato chips.

Morton Satin, director for technical and regulatory affairs at the Salt Institute, which represents salt producers, said regulation "would be a disaster for the public." He said that the science regarding sodium is unclear and that consumption does not necessarily lead to health problems.
"If you consume a lot of salt, you also get rid of a lot of salt -- it doesn't mean it's an excess," he said. "I want to make sure they're basing this on everything that is in the scientific literature, so we don't end up being guinea pigs because someone thinks they're doing something good."

Michael Jacobson of the Center for Science in the Public Interest, which first petitioned the FDA to regulate sodium in 1978, said voluntary efforts by industry are laudable, "but they could change their minds tomorrow. . . . Limiting sodium might be the single most important thing the FDA can to do to promote health."

In January, New York City launched a campaign against salt, urging food manufacturers and chain restaurants to voluntarily reduce sodium by 25 percent in their products nationwide over the next five years. Baltimore, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago and the District are among a list of cities supporting the New York initiative.

A recent study by researchers at Columbia and Stanford universities and the University of California at San Francisco found that cutting salt intake by 3 grams a day could prevent tens of thousands of heart attacks, strokes and cases of heart disease.

Most salt eaten by Americans -- 77 percent -- comes from processed foods, making it difficult for consumers to limit salt to healthy levels, experts say.

"We can't just rely on the individual to do something," said Cheryl Anderson, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health who served on the Institute of Medicine committee. "Food manufacturers have to reduce the amount of sodium in foods."

Reducing salt across the food supply will be a massive and technically challenging project. Although many artificial sweeteners have been discovered, there is no salt substitute.

Humans have an innate taste for salt, which is needed for some basic biological functions. But beyond flavor, salt is also used as a preservative to inhibit microbial growth; it gives texture and structure to certain foods; and it helps leaven and brown baked goods.

Gary K. Beauchamp, a psychobiologist and director of the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philadelphia, said salt also provides another, less understood quality. "It gives something that food people refer to as 'mouthfeel,' " said Beauchamp, who also served on the Institutes of Medicine committee. "For some soups, for instance, it's not just the salty taste -- sodium makes the soup feel thicker."

Policymakers will have to decide whether to exempt inherently salty foods, such as pickles, while mandating changes in other products to reduce the overall sodium levels in the food supply.

Above all, government officials and food industry executives say, a product with reduced salt must still taste good, or it will flop in the marketplace, as evidenced by several low-sodium products that had abysmal sales.

"Historically, consumers have found low-sodium products haven't been of the quality that's expected," said Todd Abraham, senior vice president of research and nutrition for Kraft Foods. "We're all trying to maintain the delicious quality of the product but one that consumers recognize as healthier."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/19/AR2010041905049.html?hpid=topnews

BigBadBrian
04-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Is there any aspect of the American life that Barry doesn't want to control? This is bullshit, just like not being able to get unpasteurized cheese from other countries, for example. Setting suggested guidelines for consumption is fine, but forcing food companies and restaurants to meet certain standards for fucking sodium is ridiculous.

Igosplut
04-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Before you run off on this, just TRY to find common food that doesn't have shitloads of salt in it. Very hard.

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 08:14 AM
This is a great idea. They should at least have to put a big warning sticker on this stuff.

People have no idea the amount of salt big food companies put into food as a filler and preservative. A meatball sub from Subway has more than the recommended amount of salt for days, the same as 18 bags of chips.

Thats fucked up.

ELVIS
04-22-2010, 08:22 AM
Did Big Brother tell you that or did you read the Subway Nutrition Information for yourself ??

Igosplut
04-22-2010, 08:35 AM
This is a great idea. They should at least have to put a big warning sticker on this stuff.

People have no idea the amount of salt big food companies put into food as a filler and preservative. A meatball sub from Subway has more than the recommended amount of salt for days, the same as 18 bags of chips.

Thats fucked up.

Exactly. There's a fuckload of salt in just about every food for sale today. Making them take it out will make it easier to buy stuff that's not buried in salt.

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Did Big Brother tell you that or did you read the Subway Nutrition Information for yourself ??

Would you believe me more if I was a bronze age goat herder? :)

You should know I can always back up my shit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/5200118/Sandwiches-with-salt-content-equivalent-to-nine-bags-of-crisps.html

A 12" Meatball Marinara which contains 8.8g of salt which is equivalent of 18 bags of crisps(chips here).

Their own website shows a footlong marinara has 3040 mg of sodium which is a lot more than the RDA.

http://www.subway.com/applications/NutritionInfo/nutritionlist.aspx?id=sandwich

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Exactly. There's a fuckload of salt in just about every food for sale today. Making them take it out will make it easier to buy stuff that's not buried in salt.

It's fucked up. I add hardly any salt when cooking and never add it to my food but I bet I'm still eating more than I should because of all the hidden shit.

The other thing is that for the consumer it's a waste of time. It's like a drug you just acquire a resistance to it.

Anyway does the black man run the FDA? I bet it's white people coming up with this recommendation so BBB and Elvis can relax.

ELVIS
04-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Would you believe me more if I was a bronze age goat herder? :)

You should know I can always back up my shit.

I didn't doubt your info and i'm well aware of the sodium content in processed food, such as the meatballs at Subway and the sauce...

But what's next, a war on salt that fails and leads to an anti-sodium drug that causes impotence in Scott men as a side effect ??

BTW, if your eating a 12" Marinara, you're defeating the purpose of eating at Subway anyway...

:elvis:

ELVIS
04-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Anyway does the black man run the FDA? I bet it's white people coming up with this recommendation so BBB and Elvis can relax.

I'm not stupid enough to blame the President, or any individual. I learned my lesson by supporting the Bush administration and being lied to...

I blame big government and I don't trust them...

Am I supposed to believe that salt is bad but cloned meat is good because Big Brother says so ??

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Ooof...

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 09:41 AM
I didn't doubt your info and i'm well aware of the sodium content in processed food, such as the meatballs at Subway and the sauce...

But what's next, a war on salt that fails and leads to an anti-sodium drug that causes impotence in Scott men as a side effect ??

BTW, if your eating a 12" Marinara, you're defeating the purpose of eating at Subway anyway...

You call that an apology?

The 12" ham has 2400 mg which is at least an RDA.

BTW I think you are completely wrong. I've posted these salt facts about Subway before and people were shocked. I was shocked too.

The purpose of Subway to a lot of people is a way to get relatively healthy fast food. Problem is that although a lot of their stuff is fine fatwise they are filling it up with salt. It seems a lot of it is in their bread for some reason, probably as a preservative to max their profits.

If they had to label their products as being dangerously high in salt guess what would happen?

They would reduce the salt and everyone is a winner.

Same goes for ready meals. Over here a lot of places now have a little green/amber/red label for fat and salt and so on it's a help. Who wants to stand there trying to work out the difference between sodium and salt doses and how many people are eating it?

Do you want to turn into a pillar of salt without even getting the fun of Sodom?

jhale667
04-22-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm not stupid enough to blame the President, or any individual.

Which puts you a mere micro-step ahead of Frontline resident idiot BlandBitchBrie...but to be the only other dumbass in this thread disputing the fact that most processed foods are loaded with salt, and that it's unhealthy? Pretty dumb. :umm:

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm not stupid enough to blame the President, or any individual. I learned my lesson by supporting the Bush administration and being lied to...

Are you calling BBB stupid?

Watch out he tends to quickly turn to ad hominen attacks when his arguments fail... :)

ELVIS
04-22-2010, 09:52 AM
disputing the fact that most processed foods are loaded with salt, and that it's unhealthy?

I'm not disputing that at all. I don't eat processed food...

ELVIS
04-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Are you calling BBB stupid?

:)

No, but he's wrong by taking the Hannity approach and blaming "Barry"...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 10:32 AM

I blame big government and I don't trust them...

Am I supposed to believe that salt is bad but cloned meat is good because Big Brother says so ??

Funny. You believe in corporate assholes that profit from your worst interests...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 10:40 AM
And the premise of this thread is ridiculous. We need MORE FDA food inspectors and regulation, not less. The FDA was gutted under Reagan and now cannot keep up with monitoring the U.S. food supply which as spawned all sorts of E-coli outbreaks and the like and abominations like dead, rotting chickens festering in coops next to the ones selected for your next meal at corporate farms and processing plants...

Maybe Brian would go along with renaming Sodium "High-blood-pressure-anti-heart'o'fascist™" terrorist biologicals? Because simpletons like Brian are highly susceptible to marketing and mindlessly fake slogans and catch-phrases. Then I'm pretty sure he'd want us to throw trillion$ at the problem. He might even come to the realization that high blood pressure and heart disease kill far more Americans each year than terrorism ever has...

kwame k
04-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Is there any aspect of the American life that Barry doesn't want to control? This is bullshit, just like not being able to get unpasteurized cheese from other countries, for example. Setting suggested guidelines for consumption is fine, but forcing food companies and restaurants to meet certain standards for fucking sodium is ridiculous.

I totally agree, Forrest.......The other day those Fascists were talking about redoing the nuclear plant here, to make it safer.

How dare they take away our God given right to allow companies to poison us.......

BigBadBrian
04-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Before you run off on this, just TRY to find common food that doesn't have shitloads of salt in it. Very hard.

It's very easy, actually. Shop along the edges of your grocery store: produce, meat, and dairy. Stay away from convenience food in the middle aisles. People need to learn to cook whole, unprocessed food and quit eating sodium-laden pre-prepared food and take-out in front of the TV when they get home.

Yes, there is alot of salt in our food supply. Like everything else, I feel our diets are our responsibility, not the governments. The FDA's responsibility stops after enforcing accurate labeling of food. Then it's up to the people. I blame Obama simply because he's currently the HMFIC and the FDA is part of the executive branch.

Nick, I agree the FDA needs more food inspectors but that's really not a part of this issue, is it?

Sesh, you made some good arguments here but your use of "black man" and "white man" was race-baiting, pure and simple. It ruined all other arguments you made. When will liberals realize that conservatives are opposed to Obama because of policy issues and not skin color? Until they do, they are at a serious disadvantage in arguments.

jhale667
04-22-2010, 12:20 PM
When will liberals realize that conservatives are opposed to Obama because of policy issues and not skin color? Until they do, they are at a serious disadvantage in arguments.

When conservatives STFU with the idiocy, fear-mongering and LIES, and actually make a valid, policy- based argument against him, perhaps? Instead of crying about taxes (that are the lowest in 60 years), whining about birth certificates (when citizenship of said black guy has already been proven), comparing him to Hitler or Communists (sometimes in the same breath) and saying stupid shit like "We want our country back" when no one's taken it from them?!? Maybe?

Guitar Shark
04-22-2010, 12:36 PM

If you knew anything about the way the FDA works (which you obviously don't), you would know that this proposal has been in the works for years, well before Obama took office.

Satan
04-22-2010, 12:48 PM
It's very easy, actually. Shop along the edges of your grocery store: produce, meat, and dairy. Stay away from convenience food in the middle aisles. People need to learn to cook whole, unprocessed food and quit eating sodium-laden pre-prepared food and take-out in front of the TV when they get home.

Sometimes its not that simple, particularly in economic times such as these. The processed foods are cheaper, probably because there's so little actual food in it.

But then, pesticides on the vegetables, and hormones & antibiotics in the meat & dairy aren't exactly healthy either.

The problem, as usual is corporatism putting profits before people, and not giving a flying fuck whether their products are actually safe for consumption or not.

jhale667
04-22-2010, 12:50 PM
If you knew anything about the way the FDA works (which you obviously don't), you would know that this proposal has been in the works for years, well before Obama took office.

Even if he DID, you really don't think for a second that would stop him from viewing it as a perfectly good excuse to rip on "Barry" now would it? He's a fuckstump on a (hate) mission...

Guitar Shark
04-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Even if he DID, you really don't think for a second that would stop him from viewing it as a perfectly good excuse to rip on "Barry" now would it? He's a fuckstump on a (hate) mission...

I made my comment primarily for the benefit of other people who might otherwise be inclined to believe BBB's flawed take.

kwame k
04-22-2010, 12:56 PM
I've seen the guy reach on his six-degrees-of-everything's-Obama's-fault but he's really reaching on this one.

Unless he is actually a corporate whore disguised as an idiot.

kwame k
04-22-2010, 01:00 PM
I made my comment primarily for the benefit of other people who might otherwise be inclined to believe BBB's flawed take.

Most people that are as paranoid delusional as 3B's are already tucked safely away in the bunker, joyfully awaiting the rapture.

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Sometimes its not that simple, particularly in economic times such as these. The processed foods are cheaper, probably because there's so little actual food in it.

But then, pesticides on the vegetables, and hormones & antibiotics in the meat & dairy aren't exactly healthy either.

The problem, as usual is corporatism putting profits before people, and not giving a flying fuck whether their products are actually safe for consumption or not.

Try and stay in character FORD for fuck sake. :)

Satan
04-22-2010, 01:45 PM
What? You're shocked to find out the Devil would promote healthy food?

It's purely selfish on my part. People die early, the population of Hell expands faster than our infrastructure can handle it. I want you mortals to live long and happy lives up there. And then come down here and burn for all eternity when we have room for you! http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d010.gif

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Yes, there is alot of salt in our food supply. Like everything else, I feel our diets are our responsibility, not the governments. The FDA's responsibility stops after enforcing accurate labeling of food. Then it's up to the people. I blame Obama simply because he's currently the HMFIC and the FDA is part of the executive branch.

Nick, I agree the FDA needs more food inspectors but that's really not a part of this issue, is it?

Sesh, you made some good arguments here but your use of "black man" and "white man" was race-baiting, pure and simple. It ruined all other arguments you made. When will liberals realize that conservatives are opposed to Obama because of policy issues and not skin color? Until they do, they are at a serious disadvantage in arguments.

Oh please! If it were up to people like you, we'd still be eating lard sandwiches containing parts of meat house accident victims and other various scenes out of "The Jungle"....

chefcraig
04-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Oh please! If it were up to people like you, we'd still be eating lard sandwiches containing parts of meat house accident victims and other various scenes out of "The Jungle"....

Might have aimed a bit too high with that reference, Nick. Instead of Upton Sinclair, this may come to mind instead...

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5383/mowgliandbaloodisney800.jpg (http://img684.imageshack.us/i/mowgliandbaloodisney800.jpg/)

Igosplut
04-22-2010, 02:44 PM

It all depends on where you live. As I've stated before, we have no fast food where I live so there is no need for me to address that (now). The markets we have carry very little of anything like that as this is a small place and not "Money worthy" of have off-beat things. And even things marked "Low sodium" are often deceiving on levels. So it's easy to type it, but much harder to do.....

And blaming Obama for it makes you sound just like Ford going on a tirade about the BCE....

BigBadBrian
04-22-2010, 03:20 PM
As usual, GS, Nick, jhale, and kwame resort to throwing insults instead of arguments. Nobody is surprised about that. Sesh says I'm the king of personal attacks. I think he's politically biased on that matter.

At least GS put somewhat of a legit response in his. Yes GS, I know how long government regulations take to put into place. Afterall, the Patriot Act was authored primarily by Democrats under the Clinton Administration. We all know how long that took to put in place. :gulp:

kwame k
04-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Well shit, Forrest........had I known we were getting graded on our posts, I would of put more effort in it :)

Contradict yourself much? Your second post you whine like the little bitch you are about Barry taking over every aspect of your life........31posts later you're telling GS you know how long government regulations take.......

Do you even have a clue how a government agency runs or hasn't Beck covered that yet on his show?

Got a link for your BS about the Patriot Act?

Run Forrest, Run!

BigBadBrian
04-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Well shit, Forrest........had I known we were getting graded on our posts, I would of put more effort in it :)

Contradict yourself much? Your second post you whine like the little bitch you are about Barry taking over every aspect of your life........31posts later you're telling GS you know how long government regulations take.......

My point is proven. Thanks!

No, the fact that it takes so long is not mutually exclusive of the fact that more government interference is turning up in our lives.

kwame k
04-22-2010, 03:42 PM
....and you honestly think Obama called up the FDA and told them to lower the salt content in food, ASAP!

Thus, proving my point that you are a paranoid idiot.....

Stupid is as stupid does, Forrest.

BigBadBrian
04-22-2010, 03:43 PM
It all depends on where you live. As I've stated before, we have no fast food where I live so there is no need for me to address that (now). The markets we have carry very little of anything like that as this is a small place and not "Money worthy" of have off-beat things. And even things marked "Low sodium" are often deceiving on levels. So it's easy to type it, but much harder to do.....
I guess all you can do is do the best you can while shopping.

And blaming Obama for it makes you sound just like Ford going on a tirade about the BCE....

Maybe, but inflammatory threads get a lot of responses. The left-wing cadre of the frontline get their panties in a bunch when I question their leader.

kwame k
04-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Take it easy, Forrest.....the government still allows enough chemicals and junk in our food that will still kill you!

BTW, you can add salt to your food, Forrest......they make this thing they call a salt shaker that doses out portions of salt while you shake it, hence the name salt shaker!

kwame k
04-22-2010, 03:50 PM
The left-wing cadre of the frontline get their panties in a bunch when I question their leader.

I just find it fucking hilarious that you think Obama is sitting there planning all the shit you blame on him, running all the agencies by himself and personally writing all the new legislation.

Damn, elect a black guy to office and he does everything, Ma! That's the way those people are you know :lmao:

MAX
04-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Great, now the government is going to regulate my fucking potato chips? BTW, my blood pressure is normal, that is until I see this shit on the news. It's bad enough that the first lady wants to blame a clown mascot (who started Willard Scott's wonderful career, sells yummy boogies and is the inspiration for the round rocker's wardrobe) for kids bein' too pudgy and now they're going to fuck with my salty food? Fuck them, fuck this and fuck you too!!! :mad:

Just a thought... Maybe, I should borrow one of my mother's high blood pressure pills now, no? :)

MAX
04-22-2010, 03:56 PM

I find it easier to blame his administration for everything that goes wrong recently... It saves time. :D

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 03:57 PM
I feel like the government should do more to regulate dese nuts.

MAX
04-22-2010, 04:00 PM
I feel like the government should do more to regulate dese nuts.

Cashews or almonds? :confused:

BigBadBrian
04-22-2010, 04:02 PM
:rolleyes4:
I just find it fucking hilarious that you think Obama is sitting there planning all the shit you blame on him, running all the agencies by himself and personally writing all the new legislation.

Damn, elect a black guy to office and he does everything, Ma! That's the way those people are you know :lmao:

Race-baiting again. Who would have thought? :rolleyes4:

I guess responsibility has no meaning for you. While he may not have proposed this, Obama is resposible for everything done by the executive branch of the government.

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't know, but I've heard they're salty.

kwame k
04-22-2010, 04:10 PM
:rolleyes4:

Race-baiting again. Who would have thought? :rolleyes4:

I guess responsibility has no meaning for you. While he may not have proposed this, Obama is resposible for everything done by the executive branch of the government.

You fear monger, I race bait.....being prejudice is the only rational explanation I can come up with why you hate Obama the way you do and accuse the guy of everything but were a silent cheerleader when the real oppressor and destroyer of our Constitution was in power......

Responsibility? So....you admit that Bush fucked this country up almost to the point of collapse then.......you're making progress, Forrest.

How on God's green earth can you be against lowering a substance, that has been proven to lead to serious health issues, in our food is beyond stupid.
You against air bags and seat belts, too.

chefcraig
04-22-2010, 04:16 PM

I thought only Ronald Reagan could do that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skQuhoG7fFM

MAX
04-22-2010, 04:19 PM
I don't know, but I've heard they're salty.

Sure are fucking delicious though. :D

Ever had the Wasabi Soy Sauce flavored almonds? Soy sauce has hardly any sodium. :biggrin:
They'd better not fuck with those or I'll be pissed. :mad:

BigBadBrian
04-22-2010, 04:20 PM
You fear monger, I race bait.....being prejudice is the only rational explanation I can come up with why you hate Obama the way you do

I see you're watching Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, and Chris Matthews now. Well done, Pinnochio.

How on God's green earth can you be against lowering a substance, that has been proven to lead to serious health issues, in our food is beyond stupid.

Why do you reference God? I know it's just a saying, but aren't you an atheist?

Anyway, am I against people lowering salt in their diet? Hell NO! Feeling that it should be the responsibility of the people vice the government? Yes. Understand it now? What words don't you understand?

kwame k
04-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Man, I miss Phil Hartman :(

MAX
04-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Obama's race has nothing to do with the fact that he's a retard. :biggrin:

MAX
04-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Shit, I feel like that old man from "Caddyshack" who cannot hit the ball going "I'm hot today!!!"

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 04:28 PM
I doubt he's stupid. I just think he's an evil sell-out corporate shill lying motherfucker, like almost all politicians. Still has nothing to do with his race. I think he has Goldman Sachs' dick permanently stuck in his mouth.

Brian probably dislikes him because Obama likes big government.

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 04:30 PM

Ever had the Wasabi Soy Sauce flavored almonds? Soy sauce has hardly any sodium. :biggrin:

You know what are crazy are cashews.

MAX
04-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Rachel Maddow

"Ooh, a lesbian sighting. They're so fascinating, why is that? Because they don't want us. You've got to respect that." - George Costanza

kwame k
04-22-2010, 04:34 PM
I see you're watching Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, and Chris Matthews now. Well done, Pinnochio.

Sure......keep telling yourself that. Since I never watch any political shows or TV for that matter.

Why do you reference God? I know it's just a saying, but aren't you an atheist?

Nope.....if you quit profiling you might not think that but then that wouldn't fit into the nice little box that you seem to have to put everything in.

Anyway, am I against people lowering salt in their diet? Hell NO! Feeling that it should be the responsibility of the people vice the government? Yes. Understand it now? What words don't you understand?

For an idiot like you that's a dumb statement.......it's supposed to be the FDA's job that the food we eat and the drugs we take are as safe as they can be. Why in the fuck would you have a problem with the FDA doing their job?

Oh, I know! Once they take away one of your liberties that makes it easier for them to take more. You're one of those mental midgets aren't you, Forrest.

MAX
04-22-2010, 04:37 PM
You know what are crazy are cashews.

Cashews are my favorite nut. Especially the salted ones. I used to love eating pounds of those and washing 'em down with gallons of beer. Needed all of that beer to piss cos they're SO FUCKING SALTY!!!

Satan
04-22-2010, 04:43 PM

Found some Wasabi flavored macadamia nuts at HellMart a few weeks ago. Kinda weak by my Unholy standards, but they would probably be "extreme" enough for most mortals.

Satan
04-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Cashews are my favorite nut. Especially the salted ones. I used to love eating pounds of those and washing 'em down with gallons of beer. Needed all of that beer to piss cos they're SO FUCKING SALTY!!!

Well you wouldn't need GALLONS of beer if you didn't live in a fucked up cult ran state where 4.2% is considered "strong beer" http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Ford shops at WalMart.

Shocking.

http://thm-a03.yimg.com/nimage/067a24bcf5e4579c

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9798

BigBadBrian
04-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Sure......keep telling yourself that. Since I never watch any political shows or TV for that matter.

You obviously never read anything about politics either.

Nope.....if you quit profiling you might not think that but then that wouldn't fit into the nice little box that you seem to have to put everything in.

:lmao: Pot. Kettle. Black. Paraphrasing: "you don't like Obama so you're obviously a racist."

For an idiot like you that's a dumb statement.......it's supposed to be the FDA's job that the food we eat and the drugs we take are as safe as they can be. Why in the fuck would you have a problem with the FDA doing their job?

Oh, I know! Once they take away one of your liberties that makes it easier for them to take more.

It's a fundamental difference. You love big government, I hate it. The people should control the government, not the government controlling the people.

kwame k
04-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Keep swinging, Forrest! Loved that small government thing you guys had going in 00's.

Small but effective government........if you care to quote me.

MAX
04-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Well you wouldn't need GALLONS of beer if you didn't live in a fucked up cult ran state where 4.2% is considered "strong beer" http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

It's actually a shitty 3.2%. lol

When I used to drink beer I never touched that piss anyway. I bought the real stuff from the liquor store. :D

Anyhoo...

Uh oh...

I feel another Max rant coming, oh fuck.

Here's the deal as to why this pisses me off. I'm tired of the government getting more and more into what should be both mine and my family's business. While I do find it admirable that Michelle feels the need to meddle in the school lunch program (as her pet project) and limit the endless servings of meat lovers pizza, deep fried chicken fingers and Dr. Pepper by suggesting healthier alternatives, that's not her fucking job!!! Nor is it the government's!!! It's the parent's responsibility to get the fat little shit's off their collective asses, away from the xbox and it wouldn't kill them to feed the bastiids a cupla celery sticks or an apple as opposed to the cheese doodles and ranch dressing once in a while.

Secondly, I'm by no means educated enough to teach a course on the subject. Nonetheless, way back in the dark ages and when I was still in college, I did take a few nutritional courses. In said classes, I also learned that both fruits and vegetables can also be extremely high in calories when not eaten properly. Judging by the size of the first lady's hips and thighs, she hardly resembles to be an expert on the subject at hand Also, I don't think she should be the tell all authority of what my children should be eating until she drops a few lbs herself. Nor should the fucking government be fucking with my pastrami sandwich if/when I DECIDE TO HAVE IT FOR LUNCH!!!

Lastly, if I want someone to pass the salt so I can add even more sodium to my fucking can of V-8 juice, again, MY BUSINESS and I shouldn't have to ask the government for permission.

MAX
04-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Ford shops at WalMart.

Shocking.

Hey, I do too in these tough economic times.

Where else can I get my huge ass tub of Maxwell House five bucks cheaper than everywhere else? Not to mention I can get a HUGE bag of ghetto, frosted mini wheats (the off brand in the plastic bag) for three bones!!!

PETE'S BROTHER
04-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Hey, I do too in these tough economic times.

Where else can I get my huge ass tub of Maxwell House five bucks cheaper than everywhere else? Not to mention I can get a HUGE bag of ghetto, frosted mini wheats (the off brand in the plastic bag) for three bones!!!

remember that poor guy runnin' the corner store? he used to sell coffee and mini-wheats.:( now he's the greeter at wal-mart

MAX
04-22-2010, 05:28 PM
remember that poor guy runnin' the corner store? he used to sell coffee and mini-wheats.:( now he's the greeter at wal-mart

Yup, the family owned "corner store" that was in business since the 40's just closed shop three weeks ago. (http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14741182) :(

I bought the last box of mini wheats while everything was 50% off. No joke!!! It's a tragedy, I know.

http://www.deseretnews.com/photos/midres/2735864.jpg

***click on blue to read about said blues***

kwame k
04-22-2010, 05:32 PM
The thing is, they have found that a high salt content in food can lead to heart problems and a myriad of other problems.......no one is outlawing salt so you can salt the fuck out of whatever you want. You can't un-salt your food!

I want to know what's in my food. It would be convenient if I could actually eat at a fast food restaurant and buy food that's already prepared sometimes, without worrying about the fact that this plastic food will kill me.

I personally eat fast food and prepared food maybe a couple of times a year, so really this doesn't effect me either way.

Just don't see how this is a bad thing........if they found high levels Mercury in fish would you guys be pissed if the FDA stepped in and regulated that?

Guitar Shark
04-22-2010, 05:35 PM
People like MAX and BBB only want the government to intervene in situations they think are important. You know, like outlawing abortion.

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 05:38 PM
I want to know what's in my food.

It's already the law that they have to put nutritional content. If people still choose to eat it, that's their choice. Any step beyond informing people is the government saving you from yourself.

It's the same thing with cigarettes. It says right on the fucking package it will kill you. Nobody can claim they're unaware of that. Should the government take the next step and say you can't buy them? Hell no.

How about a little personal responsibility.

Just don't see how this is a bad thing........if they found high levels Mercury in fish would you guys be pissed if the FDA stepped in and regulated that?

There's a difference between processed food and a raw product. If I don't want a hamburger that's been salted to death, I'll go buy some hamburger and make my own. Or I should be able to buy the salty shit if that's what I want. But if I can't buy raw hamburger that's safe to eat, that's a whole different story.

Guitar Shark
04-22-2010, 05:40 PM
It's already the law that they have to put nutritional content. If people still choose to eat it, that's their choice. Any step beyond informing people is the government saving you from yourself.

It's the same thing with cigarettes. It says right on the fucking package it will kill you. Nobody can claim they're unaware of that. Should the government take the next step and say you can't buy them? Hell no.

How about a little personal responsibility.

There's a difference between processed food and a raw product. If I don't want a hamburger that's been salted to death, I'll go buy some hamburger and make my own. Or I should be able to buy the salty shit if that's what I want. But if I can't buy raw hamburger that's safe to eat, that's a whole different story.

Congratulations on being the first person in this thread to actually make a legitimate, compelling argument against this proposal.

MAX
04-22-2010, 05:40 PM

K, then what's next? I'll bet $$$ that there's high levels of sugar in my Milky Way and my Haagen Dagz, no?

Seriously, this regulation needs to be nipped in the bud before we let the FDA decide to hold my cock while I piss to regulate the levels of sodium in it.

MAX
04-22-2010, 05:42 PM
People like MAX and BBB only want the government to intervene in situations they think are important. You know, like outlawing abortion.

Oh, you happen to know my stance on abortion?

I like how you convieniently lump one thing with another. :rolleyes:

It's not all black and white. Uh oh, was that racist?

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Congratulations on being the first person in this thread to actually make a legitimate, compelling argument against this proposal.

The problem is, I probably don't disagree with the legislation. ;)

PETE'S BROTHER
04-22-2010, 05:44 PM
do ya think morton's table salt would be the next black market item to stockpile? they would have to take that salty shit off the shelves, right?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-22-2010, 05:45 PM
It's not all black and white. Uh oh, was that racist?

not when you're talkin' about salt and pepper (the condiments)

kwame k
04-22-2010, 05:47 PM
I want to see the poison that they put in the food stopped.

You can't even buy or it's hard to find or expensive to buy food that doesn't have chemicals in it and that's all the meat, dairy, poultry, and grain products that aren't prepared or fast food.

I personally don't think the FDA has gone far enough.

Guitar Shark
04-22-2010, 05:48 PM

You really missed your calling. You love to argue just for the sake of arguing, which screams lawyer.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-22-2010, 05:48 PM

:stirthepot: don't forget your sig!:poke:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-22-2010, 05:49 PM
You really missed your calling. You love to argue just for the sake of arguing, which screams lawyer.

i think he is, part time

jhale667
Truth Translation:

As usual, GS, Nick, jhale, and kwame kick my fucking ass from one end of this forum to the other. I should give it up.

Yes, we do. Must suck to be you. And you're really can't blame us for pointing out your blatant stupidity, the fact that you're attention whore that wants to share said stupidity with the world - nor the fact that you're ugly and your mom dresses you funny. :biggrin:

kwame k
No BF they don't label what's in all the food we consume......can you list the growth hormones that are in beef?

MAX
04-22-2010, 05:56 PM
not when you're talkin' about salt and pepper (the condiments)

I like you. :) Sharky has too high opinion of the government's recent streak of self-righteousness by meddling in my affairs. Therefore, he needs his balls busted from time to time. Thus, my statement. :eek:

Other than that, he's still a good egg (minus the naughty salt) in my book. :D

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 05:58 PM
i think he is, part time

If it were the only thing I had going on, my head would explode.

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 06:07 PM

Now all he needs to do is replace his heart with a cold dark dead stone, improve his lying and try and get a bit greedier.

MAX
04-22-2010, 06:07 PM
If it were the only thing I had going on, my head would explode.

You can do an episode of Yakima Law (spoof/parody "LA Law" of course) on Shoes' upcoming "Ace's Big Life" reality series with Ace's tummy exploding similar to that fat bastiid in "The Meaning of Life." :D

Seshmeister
04-22-2010, 06:09 PM

When I used to drink beer

I won't be the only person that stopped reading at that point.

MAX
04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
I won't be the only person that stopped reading at that point.

Bummer cos I do value your opinion regarding the subject oh soooooooo, soooooooo much. :)

BigBadBrian
04-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Truth Translation:

Yes, we do. Must suck to be you. And you're really can't blame us for pointing out your blatant stupidity, the fact that you're attention whore that wants to share said stupidity with the world - nor the fact that you're ugly and your mom dresses you funny. :biggrin:

Changing other people's quotes is so sixth-grade, which you didn't complete.

You feel the need to respond to my every post. You're my puppet, now dance, Pinocchio, DANCE!!!

http://www.collectablesltd.com/acatalog/GeppettoPinocchio.jpg

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Will Steven Seagal be in it?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-22-2010, 06:18 PM
You can do an episode of Yakima Law (spoof/parody "LA Law" of course) on Shoes' upcoming "Ace's Big Life" reality series with Ace's tummy exploding similar to that fat bastiid in "The Meaning of Life." :D

we should ask lounge to review it. he is eloquent and i'm sure would be impartial

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 06:23 PM
His reviews are too long-winded.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-22-2010, 06:25 PM
His reviews are too long-winded.

of course they are:tongue0011:

hambon4lif
04-22-2010, 07:56 PM
remember that poor guy runnin' the corner store? he used to sell coffee and mini-wheats.:( now he's the greeter at wal-martI hate to interrupt this profound and deeply probing discussion here....but for the life of me, I simply cannot understand the hypnotic trance that fucking store seems have on people....

"I know it crushes the mom & pop stores and depletes the community around it....but I can't seem to stop shopping there..."
They're like zombies! That place is like fucking heroine to some people.

I've never been able to figure that out....it's one of the greatest mysteries of the 21st century.

I just wanted to throw that out there.....you can go back to discussing the Obama/salt conspiracy.

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 09:55 PM
As usual, GS, Nick, jhale, and kwame resort to throwing insults instead of arguments. Nobody is surprised about that. Sesh says I'm the king of personal attacks. I think he's politically biased on that matter.

Oh please, do we have to list your ignorant retorts that go personal? Really? And no one said you were the "king" or personal attacks, more like the joker...

At least GS put somewhat of a legit response in his. Yes GS, I know how long government regulations take to put into place. Afterall, the Patriot Act was authored primarily by Democrats under the Clinton Administration. We all know how long that took to put in place. :gulp:

Do you pull these facts out of your ass? I mean, you're correct that there were segments of the Patriot Act under consideration--such as unifying various branches such as the Coast Guard, border patrol, etc. into a single dept. (of Homeland Security). But what ultimately transpired in 2001-2002 was an abortion of civil liberties administered largely at the behest of a Republican congress and administration.

Nice lie by omission though...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 10:01 PM
I doubt he's stupid. I just think he's an evil sell-out corporate shill lying motherfucker, like almost all politicians. Still has nothing to do with his race. I think he has Goldman Sachs' dick permanently stuck in his mouth.

Brian probably dislikes him because Obama likes big government.

Except under Obama, the SEC is investigating Goldman Sacks and their up for big fines...

kwame k
04-22-2010, 10:05 PM
There you go bringing in those pesky facts again.......

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 10:07 PM
It's a fundamental difference. You love big government, I hate it. The people should control the government, not the government controlling the people.

Anyone who saw you posting here around 2004-2006 will find your self-righteous, hypocritical preachy bullshit to be quite farcical Bri. If you could have sucked the gov'ts salty balls anymore as they rolled back 200 years of civil liberties precedent, especially with the Act you just mentiond, you'd have been a busy little tea bagger...

It's funny that you think gov't can't tell manufacturers to cool it on the salt, yet you just loved it when the Boushe administration attempted to send an American citizen to GITMO...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 10:11 PM

When I used to drink beer I never touched that piss anyway. I bought the real stuff from the liquor store. :D

Anyhoo...

Uh oh...

I feel another Max rant coming, oh fuck.

Here's the deal as to why this pisses me off. I'm tired of the government getting more and more into what should be both mine and my family's business. While I do find it admirable that Michelle feels the need to meddle in the school lunch program (as her pet project) and limit the endless servings of meat lovers pizza, deep fried chicken fingers and Dr. Pepper by suggesting healthier alternatives, that's not her fucking job!!! Nor is it the government's!!! It's the parent's responsibility to get the fat little shit's off their collective asses, away from the xbox and it wouldn't kill them to feed the bastiids a cupla celery sticks or an apple as opposed to the cheese doodles and ranch dressing once in a while.

Secondly, I'm by no means educated enough to teach a course on the subject. Nonetheless, way back in the dark ages and when I was still in college, I did take a few nutritional courses. In said classes, I also learned that both fruits and vegetables can also be extremely high in calories when not eaten properly. Judging by the size of the first lady's hips and thighs, she hardly resembles to be an expert on the subject at hand Also, I don't think she should be the tell all authority of what my children should be eating until she drops a few lbs herself. Nor should the fucking government be fucking with my pastrami sandwich if/when I DECIDE TO HAVE IT FOR LUNCH!!!

Lastly, if I want someone to pass the salt so I can add even more sodium to my fucking can of V-8 juice, again, MY BUSINESS and I shouldn't have to ask the government for permission.

MAX, do you have any idea of WHOM started the school lunch program to begin with and WHY?

Blackflag
04-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Whom started?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:1b163Ufov51WFM:http://www.rikmayall.info/pages/poseur.jpg

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 10:21 PM
Whom started?

Well, the U.S. Federal gov't is the "whom." But the U.S. Army and other branches pressured heavily for some standardized school-centered nutrition program in the late 1940s as something like 40% of WWII draftees were rejected for being malnourished, underweight, too short, etc...

MAX
04-22-2010, 10:23 PM
MAX, do you have any idea of WHOM started the school lunch program to begin with and WHY?

Actually I do Nikk. History was always one of my stronger subjects. :)

K, I'll bite. So what do Robert Hunter and the beginning of the program have to do with the pussification and obesety of the youth today? Never mind the sodium levels. ;)

MAX
04-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, the U.S. Federal gov't is the "whom." But the U.S. Army and other branches pressured heavily for some standardized school-centered nutrition program in the late 1940s as something like 40% of WWII draftees were rejected for being malnourished, underweight, too short, etc...

WRONG MAW!!!

The origin was to help out kids who couldn't afford to eat at home and it was much earlier in the 20th century than the 40's.

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
See my previous post...

Nickdfresh
04-22-2010, 10:28 PM
WRONG MAW!!!

The origin was to help out kids who couldn't afford to eat at home and it was much earlier in the 20th century than the 40's.

It was vastly expanded after WWII and coincided with the in 1946, largely for national security concerns:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_School_Lunch_Act

MAX
04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
It was vastly expanded after WWII and coincided with the in 1946, largely for national security concerns:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_School_Lunch_Act

I'm well aware of when the feds stepped in as well. However, it was YOU who asked ME "Whom" started the program, it's origin and why, no? ;)

Nitro Express
04-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Obama is just a puppet. Most modern politicians are. Barrack is the pitchman. The sales person. What's happened is the big corporations have bought Washington and now they own it. The healthcare law basically uses the government as the bully to make you buy health insurance and they also can micromanage the whole healthcare industry. The banks are using our tax money to bail themselves out and then they up our taxes and interest rates and fees. So basically, Washington is ran by a bunch of loan sharks, racketeers, and thugs. It's really gone to shit and many people are involved in the screw fest. Obama is only one player.

LoungeMachine
04-23-2010, 11:04 AM

Where the fuck does it say you would ever have to ask the government permission to add salt to anything?

:gulp:

ridiculous.

Anybody have any clue how bad high-sodium foods are for the nation's healthcare costs?

Much like HFCS.

Nitro Express
04-23-2010, 11:16 AM
The government has actually provided good nutritional information for years. Since I was in grade school the government has been trying to get people to eat right and exercise. I got an award from president Ford for achieving the goals of the presidential physical fitness program. The thing is a good percentage of the American public have become complete lazy ass slobs. Now if they pay for their destruction, fine. Go eat yourself to death I don't care the world is overpopulated anyways. But if public funds go towards paying for your bad decisions then maybe some mandates are in order. The thing is the government is grabbing way too much power mostly because the fat, lazy slobs haven't been involved enough in the political process and allowed the politicians and corporations to go wild.

ThrillsNSpills
04-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Much like HFCS.

Speaking of which check out these propaganda commercials.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KVsgXPt564Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KVsgXPt564Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EEbRxTOyGf0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EEbRxTOyGf0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

thome
04-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Salt is the only preservative that doesn't destroy the needed nutrients in food.

Fukk Off you homos suffering from Crainal Rectomosis.

You would all be dead, or alive and riddled with worms if it wasn't for government laws increasing the amount of salt in processed foods.

Utopians...whattever..?/ no concepts of reality just one dimensional blindness.

Finger pointing and crying little tears like Lemmings.

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 12:10 PM

Although like many mammals they may have tear ducts, being rodents, lemmings do not have fingers.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/7711/farsidelem.jpg (http://img714.imageshack.us/i/farsidelem.jpg/)

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2010, 12:13 PM
Although like many mammals they may have tear ducts, being rodents, lemmings do not have fingers.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/7711/farsidelem.jpg (http://img714.imageshack.us/i/farsidelem.jpg/)

but, little lemming tears is a cute, fuzzy visual.

thome
04-23-2010, 02:15 PM
I salt down Lemming every fall, it is a thomeville tradition then I bathe them come spring in a Lye bath to reconstitute thier salty goodness. (like that Lutefisk up in Wisconsin).

Lemmie'i...ng Tell Ya Sumptin!!!

If due the increasing sanitation achievements by the american food producers; we do not need so much salt in our processed foods...why is this news and what is the debate..?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
the debate is whether or not calling pepper black is racist.

MAX
04-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Where the fuck does it say you would ever have to ask the government permission to add salt to anything?

ridiculous.

Judas priest Lounge, your tampon's obviously rolled up nice and tightly again today, yes?

Fuck, I'm implying that this regulation is just one more unnecessary infringement from the government that I do neither want nor no I fucking need. Fine, they fuck with salt cos peeps with even less brain cells than I possess are too ignorant and/or just plain stupid to educate themselves regarding how much fucking sodium's in everything. Then and before long, the feds fucking regulate the sugar that's in my peppermint patties... Next, the FDA decides that too much hot sauce isn't good for me and they regulate my habanero intake. It doesn't end and this is only the beginning if we cuntinue blowing shit off as it happens.

Hey dipshits, I have a brilliant idea for you... It's called find out ON YOUR OWN what's in your food and whether it's too much or not enough!!!

Anybody have any clue how bad high-sodium foods are for the nation's healthcare costs?

Yes, the costs, the government certainly gives a shit about what things are costing nowadays and what's cost effective. :lmao:

LoungeMachine
04-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Your reading comprehension skills havent improved of late, I see....

MAX
04-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Your reading comprehension skills havent improved of late, I see....

Blame it on my sodium intake. :)

kwame k
04-23-2010, 02:57 PM
No....... blame it on the rain :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rB0Le3oM1b8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rB0Le3oM1b8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MAX
04-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Salt is the only preservative that doesn't destroy the needed nutrients in food.

Fukk Off you homos suffering from Crainal Rectomosis.

You would all be dead, or alive and riddled with worms if it wasn't for government laws increasing the amount of salt in processed foods.

Utopians...whattever..?/ no concepts of reality just one dimensional blindness.

Stop it thome cos you're (or I am) making too much sense. Salt cod, beef jerky and cured meats fucking ruined this country for fuck's sake!!! Had it not been for their invention, we'd all be much healthier!!!

LoungeMachine
04-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Certain governmental regulations are important.

No one will ever be told how much salt they may put on their own food, and you know it.

And it's not the government who pays for high healthcare costs, it's you and me, and you know that too.

So let's dispose of the silly rhetoric and fear-mongering, okay?

MAX
04-23-2010, 03:00 PM
No....... blame it on the rain :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rB0Le3oM1b8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rB0Le3oM1b8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I don't care who you are cos that's some funny-assed shit. Also, you could be on to something cos it's been raining buckets here for a cupla days. :D

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2010, 03:03 PM
blame it on rio

MAX
04-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Certain governmental regulations are important.

I will not argue with that point but only to a certain degree.

No one will ever be told how much salt they may put on their own food, and you know it.

What is giveth can also be taketh away. ;)

And it's not the government who pays for high healthcare costs, it's you and me, and you know that too.

So let's dispose of the silly rhetoric and fear-mongering, okay?

Again, I respectfully disagree. Not regarding health care cos that's an entirely different topic of conversation and one I'm absolutely not in the mood for today. :D

As for the "fear mongering" and "silly rhetoric" this is your forum after all. Hence, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future. ;) :gulp:

MAX
04-23-2010, 03:09 PM
blame it on rio

The chick in that had decent tits if I remember correctly?

kwame k
04-23-2010, 03:23 PM
But for the past 30 years, health officials have grown increasingly alarmed as salt intake has increased with the explosion in processed foods and restaurant meals. Most adults consume about twice the government's daily recommended limit, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

OK, I get the fact that you guys want zero regulations but..........when the experts come out and find that a substance/chemical in certain foods is bad for you, wouldn't you want your government to alert you to that fact and regulate how much of that is put in our food?

No one is outlawing salt.......no one is outlawing putting salt into products. Just regulating how much is put into certain foods. How is this a bad idea? Like the example I used before, if the Mercury levels in fish was found to be dangerously high, shouldn't the FDA step in and regulate how much, if any, is in the fish we consume?

I thought that's what the FDA did.......make sure the food we consume is relatively safe.......it's not and there's more toxic junk put into our food than anyone cares to admit. Growth hormones, genetically altered and on and on.

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 03:42 PM

Michelle Johnson, who was seventeen years old when the film was made. Damn that Michael Caine, he gets into everything.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3011/blameitonrio11024.jpg (http://img710.imageshack.us/i/blameitonrio11024.jpg/)

MAX
04-23-2010, 03:43 PM
OK, I get the fact that you guys want zero regulations but..........when the experts come out and find that a substance/chemical in certain foods is bad for you, wouldn't you want your government to alert you to that fact and regulate how much of that is put in our food?

Honestly, I don't want the government doing more of anything. I want them to be meddling less in what transpires with both my family and my own daily lives and routines. Seriously, when this friggin' country's going to hell in a hand basket and at an alarming rate, there's much more they both could and should be doing than paying attention to what I'm doing back here.

My parents and grandparents before them did just fine and were much healthier at a young age without FDA mandated nutritional labels on the packaging of their foods as opposed to the fat little bastards running around (make that sitting on their chubby cabooses) today.

No one is outlawing salt.......no one is outlawing putting salt into products. Just regulating how much is put into certain foods. How is this a bad idea? Like the example I used before, if the Mercury levels in fish was found to be dangerously high, shouldn't the FDA step in and regulate how much, if any, is in the fish we consume?

Bro, I understand that they're not outlawing it. Again, they're just "regulating" it or i.e. meddling where they shouldn't. That's just my opinion. I think it's a bad idea cos then they'll start regulating what else is both bad or supposedly dangerous for me next session.

I thought that's what the FDA did.......make sure the food we consume is relatively safe.......it's not and there's more toxic junk put into our food than anyone cares to admit. Growth hormones, genetically altered and on and on.

There's a place for the FDA and I'm by no means arguing that whatsoever. I'm happy that meat plants no longer go unchecked and rat turds, lips and assholes are not a part of the ingredients of my Fenway Franks. That's fine by me. However, I don't want to be staring down the barrel of old-age, reach for my Ben and Jerry's only to find out that the FDA decided sugar needed to be regulated, the levels of lactose were too dangerous and my Chunky Monkey suddenly became Soy Fucking Sunshine.

Again, I'm not saying that's inevitable but you give these people in power just a fucking little bit of what should be one's own choice and they'll take a fucking mile.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2010, 03:44 PM

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=MICHELLE+JOHNSON

MAX
04-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Michelle Johnson, who was seventeen years old when the film was made. Damn that Michael Caine, he gets into everything.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3011/blameitonrio11024.jpg (http://img710.imageshack.us/i/blameitonrio11024.jpg/)

Stop it!!! Again, there might be too much sodium in my jizz for me to be looking at that chick's jailbaiting knockers.

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah, but take one careful look in her eyes today, as she definitely gives off the vibe of being batshit nuts.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1281/michellejohnson006.jpg (http://img687.imageshack.us/i/michellejohnson006.jpg/)

MAX
04-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah, but take one careful look in her eyes today, as she definitely gives off the vibe of being batshit nuts.

She was obviously batshit nuts for letting Michael Caine throw one into her way back when, no? :barf:

Speaking of batshit nuts... If someone honestly needs the FDA to tell them that there just might be too much fucking salt in a footlong meatball hoagie from Subway, then they probably shouldn't be eating at said establishment in the first place??

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 04:07 PM
She was obviously batshit nuts for letting Michael Caine throw one into her way back when, no? :barf:

Then again, that might be the cause of her current appearance. And think about this fun fact: A pre-boob job Demi Moore played Caine's daughter in the film. Remarkably, there are nude pictures from the film of both actresses available on the internet, although Moore would have been around 22 at the time.

kwame k
04-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Honestly, I don't want the government doing more of anything. I want them to be meddling less in what transpires with both my family and my own daily lives and routines. Seriously, when this friggin' country's going to hell in a hand basket and at an alarming rate, there's much more they both could and should be doing than paying attention to what I'm doing back here.

I guess that's where we disagree as to what the government's role is.......contrary to what some people here believe(not implying you Max), I'm not for big government.....I'm for effective government. I'm really not a fan of the FDA either......they knowingly allow drugs to be approved that are found to have horrible side-effects and minimal testing of those drugs. They have allowed food and drugs to be approved that they knew were harmful but OK'd them because lobbyist paid $$$$$$.

My parents and grandparents before them did just fine and were much healthier at a young age without FDA mandated nutritional labels on the packaging of their foods as opposed to the fat little bastards running around (make that sitting on their chubby cabooses) today.

See in a way that's my point, too. The food I ate as a kid was way healthier than the mutated junk they are passing off today. Food never had the chemicals and garbage that it has in it today.

Bro, I understand that they're not outlawing it. Again, they're just "regulating" it or i.e. meddling where they shouldn't. That's just my opinion. I think it's a bad idea cos then they'll start regulating what else is both bad or supposedly dangerous for me next session.

See they already regulate every aspect of our food, right now. I just see it as they're doing their job and not taking away any, if you will, rights from us. Every town has a health department regulating how the food we eat is prepared and how the places we eat food in are to do business.

There's a place for the FDA and I'm by no means arguing that whatsoever. I'm happy that meat plants no longer go unchecked and rat turds, lips and assholes are not a part of the ingredients of my Fenway Franks. That's fine by me. However, I don't want to be staring down the barrel of old-age, reach for my Ben and Jerry's only to find out that the FDA decided sugar needed to be regulated, the levels of lactose were too dangerous and my Chunky Monkey suddenly became Soy Fucking Sunshine.

That's what I want the FDA to do on all food/drugs we consume......make it safe.

I agree, you should be able to eat anything you want and let's face it.......sometimes our government treats us like children.

Again, I'm not saying that's inevitable but you give these people in power just a fucking little bit of what should be one's own choice and they'll take a fucking mile.

We just see it from a different point of view......I look at it like they are doing their job!

In closing......I'm right and you're wrong, discuss :biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2010, 04:10 PM
Then again, that might be the cause of her current appearance. And think about this fun fact: A pre-boob job Demi Moore played Caine's daughter in the film. Remarkably, there are nude pictures from the film of both actresses available on the internet, although Moore would have been around 22 at the time.

you should post those here...____________________:baaa:

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 04:15 PM
you should post those here...____________________:baaa:

That's my point, bro...the one girl is under aged. Not only is it astounding those images are out there, yet that they were filmed in the first place.

LoungeMachine
04-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Speaking of batshit nuts... If someone honestly needs the FDA to tell them that there just might be too much fucking salt in a footlong meatball hoagie from Subway, then they probably shouldn't be eating at said establishment in the first place??

Not the point.

If WE [the government] don't hold big business and big agriculture accountable to some standards, then they'll feel free use anything to increase profits at our health risk.

Look at it this way, how the fuck does it affect YOU if we require sodium levels to be posted? It doesn't.

However it DOES affect you if we get rid of governement regulations and let them put known carcinogens or other toxic additives into our food supply unchecked.

This whole "keep the government out of my hoagie" is just a bullshit smokescreen for hating the current administration.

The US Government grew at RECORD LEVELS from 2001-2008 and you never said a word in here about it.

It's the old, if you're doing nothing wrong, what do you have to hide"?

WTF is wrong with making companies tell us what's in our food?

MAX
04-23-2010, 04:28 PM
I guess that's where we disagree as to what the government's role is.......contrary to what some people here believe(not implying you Max), I'm not for big government.....I'm for effective government. I'm really not a fan of the FDA either......they knowingly allow drugs to be approved that are found to have horrible side-effects and minimal testing of those drugs. They have allowed food and drugs to be approved that they knew were harmful but OK'd them because lobbyist paid $$$$$$.

Dude, you're going to give us both a bad rap if you keep stating the obvious and I agree with you. ;)

See in a way that's my point, too. The food I ate as a kid was way healthier than the mutated junk they are passing off today. Food never had the chemicals and garbage that it has in it today.

Me too but the government also didn't regulate nor inform us what was in everything either. My grandparents lived on a farm (no lie) and slaughtered their own beef, pork, sheep, chickens and what have you. They drank unpasteurized milk and ate eggs from non free-range hens cos the fucking chickens were gangbanged by the same horny rooster in the tiny-assed coupe on a daily basis. What I'm saying is they did just fine and lived looooong lives without being told how much cholesterol or fat grams were in what they ate.

They also grew a garden every year and sprayed it with unregulated poison to kill the fucking grasshoppers. Didn't kill 'em either. Nor did it fuck with me (some might argue that it did mentally) cos I ate it all as well.

Ummm... This sodium shit is just regulating the obvious. I mean, it's also obvious that High Fructose Corn Syrup's fucking an elixer from hell as opposed to real, pure sugar. However, it goes off without a mention and we all know it's due to the all mighty $$$. Fact being, I know it's bad for me and don't need Uncle Sam regulating it. I take a stand and refrain from putting it into my body.

See they already regulate every aspect of our food, right now. I just see it as they're doing their job and not taking away any, if you will, rights from us. Every town has a health department regulating how the food we eat is prepared and how the places we eat food in are to do business.

Yes they do but they're seemingly getting more and more into my pantry so to speak. Seriously, prior to this, did you think that maybe say a fucking Whopper might have a lot of salt? Golly, I sure didn't!!! LMAO!!!

That's what I want the FDA to do on all food/drugs we consume......make it safe.

I agree, you should be able to eat anything you want and let's face it.......sometimes our government treats us like children.

We just see it from a different point of view......I look at it like they are doing their job!

In closing......I'm right and you're wrong, discuss :biggrin:

Damn you cos your post was well written, you made your point and not full of fluffy, libby-lefty, bunny, the government does nothing wrong crap.

For that, I thank you.

jhale667
04-23-2010, 05:21 PM

That movie also starred Demi Moore, pre-breast augmentation.

And before anyone asks - NO, I do not want the government to regulate the levels of saline in her implants. ;)

Nickdfresh
04-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Whom started?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:1b163Ufov51WFM:http://www.rikmayall.info/pages/poseur.jpg

Oh that's rich. How was lunch with the former Deputy Assistant Directer of Quality Control Management and Redundancy Systems Analysis Twice Removed of the FBI?

Nickdfresh
04-23-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm well aware of when the feds stepped in as well. However, it was YOU who asked ME "Whom" started the program, it's origin and why, no? ;)

You are are you? Feel free to support any of what you've said...

Nickdfresh
04-23-2010, 07:08 PM
The government has actually provided good nutritional information for years. Since I was in grade school the government has been trying to get people to eat right and exercise. I got an award from president Ford for achieving the goals of the presidential physical fitness program. The thing is a good percentage of the American public have become complete lazy ass slobs. Now if they pay for their destruction, fine. Go eat yourself to death I don't care the world is overpopulated anyways. But if public funds go towards paying for your bad decisions then maybe some mandates are in order. The thing is the government is grabbing way too much power mostly because the fat, lazy slobs haven't been involved enough in the political process and allowed the politicians and corporations to go wild.

You are correct. Gov't efforts (in the modern era) actually began under Reagan. But the pinheads here who cum all over themselves with images of the Gipper would have claimed that was an insidious form of communism creating a young red militia if it had been Obama...

Seshmeister
04-23-2010, 09:01 PM
If anyone ever asks me what Van Halen are up to these days I'm going to reply I dunno but a thread at their fan website about salt content in food got 140 posts in a couple of days...

Blaze
04-23-2010, 11:23 PM
:biggrin:
And SEC officers getting busted for massive porn use while the economy crumbled received 3 replies.

the new report, obtained by ABC News, says senior employees of the SEC spent hours on the commission's computers looking at sites like naughty.com, skankwire, youporn, and others.

An SEC accountant attempted to access porn websites 1,800 times in a two-week period and had 600 pornographic images on her computer hard drive.

Another SEC accountant attempted to access porn sites 16,000 times in a single month.

Ironically, the report says most of these cases began in 2008, just as the financial system began to collapse.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?58751-SEC-Watchdogs-Distracted-By-Porn

Dr. Love
04-24-2010, 02:56 AM
I, for one, am grateful that the food industry has given me my lifetime recommended intake of salt by the time I reach thirty. It frees me up to try the other spices on my food for the rest of my (probably short) life.

BigBadBrian
04-24-2010, 07:06 AM
This whole "keep the government out of my hoagie" is just a bullshit smokescreen for hating the current administration.

Not true at all. And most real conservatives (not the "Neocons" you libs like to speak of) didn't like it under Bush either, but Bush's spending pales into comparison to Obama's.

Nitro Express
04-24-2010, 01:19 PM
I wanted to fuck her so bad when I saw that movie. If Michael Cain had a threesome with here and Demi Moore it's more proof life just isn't fucking fair.

MAX
04-24-2010, 06:27 PM
You are are you? Feel free to support any of what you've said...

C'mon Nikk? You're the self-proclaimed "historian" right? Besides, I already answered your question. :D I'm still anxiously awaiting your point though? :(

Unless, you're just playing the pesky grammar police card? However, you've caught me while I'm in a semi-decent mood and I know that would be rather weak even from you. Thus, you wouldn't do that. ;)

LoungeMachine
04-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Not true at all. And most real conservatives (not the "Neocons" you libs like to speak of) didn't like it under Bush either, but Bush's spending pales into comparison to Obama's.

:lmao:

You're complaining about the cost of water to put out a fire your guy started??????

Get real, dipshit.