PDA

View Full Version : Iran shows off 'high destruction' speed boats in war games

ELVIS
04-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards launched a new "ultra-fast" boat capable of causing severe destruction after testing it during a three-day military drill. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/7619877/Iran-shows-off-high-destruction-speed-boats-in-war-games.html)

Ali Reza Tangsiri, spokesman for the exercise. "Since the boat has high speed, it is less detectable by radar."

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01621/iran_1621944c.jpg

Ali Shirazi, a senior aide to supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, described the naval exercises as a specific response to Washington's "nuclear threats." He said: "The most important message from the exercises in the face of American nuclear threats is that we will strongly resist them."

The new vessel was tested in the Strait of Hormuz, the narrow, strategically important waterway between the Gulf and the Gulf of Oman. Nearly 40 percent of world's seaborne oil shipments pass through this waterway.

Mr Tangsiri said that keeping the Strait of Hormuz open and guaranteeing its security was a priority for Iran.

"The Strait of Hormuz belongs to the region and foreigners must not intervene in it. We want to keep it safe and secure."

In its new nuclear policy, the United States has pointedly declined to rule out the use of nuclear arms against Iran and North Korea in the event of a conflict.

Yesteday, Ayatollah Khamenei took another swipe at US President Barack Obama's "nuclear threat," which he called "a black spot in that government's record."

Iranian military officials have previously warned that if their country were attacked, their forces would hit back by blocking the Strait of Hormuz.

The military exercise also marked the 31st anniversary of the Guards, which were set up soon after the Islamic revolution of 1979.

The Guards were created by Iranian revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini to defend the Islamic republic from internal and external threats.

They are one of Iran's most powerful institutions and under direct command of Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who succeeded Khomeini as the nation's supreme leader.

:elvis:

Diamondjimi
04-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Hadji don't surf...

LoungeMachine
04-23-2010, 04:05 PM
And?

:gulp:

Or are we starting threads anytime another country ups its defense?

MAX
04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
And?

Or are we starting threads anytime another country ups its defense?

As we deplete our own.

LoungeMachine
04-23-2010, 04:22 PM
As we deplete our own.

Point granted.

Maybe we should stop occupying other countries and save our resources for the REAL threats....

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 04:32 PM
I don't see why our own navy just doesn't buy a fleet of those bass boats you see on ESPN every weekend, then retrofit them with weapons. And to be sure they find the target, fill the live well with iced beer and hire rednecks to pilot them.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't see why our own navy just doesn't buy a fleet of those bass boats you see on ESPN every weekend, then retrofit them with weapons. And to be sure they find the target, fill the live well with iced beer and hire rednecks to pilot them.

vanhalener? i'm sure he's up for it.:baaa:

LoungeMachine
04-23-2010, 04:38 PM

Because the DoD wont issue a purchase order for anything under $100Million per......

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2010, 04:42 PM
and they prefer it to be made overseas

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Because the DoD wont issue a purchase order for anything under $100Million per......

So? Ya wanna split the cost of one (they cost around 15 grand for a stripped model), then we could gladly turn around sell it to 'em for that amount.

Seshmeister
04-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Well fuck me it's time for the US to start spending some money on defence before these Iranian fuckers with their mighty speed boats take over the planet.

Do you realise that Iran's military spending has now reached $6 BILLION A YEAR!

Holy cunt do you realise that the US is only spending 200 times as much.

Something must be done.

Write to your congressman.

Phone your Senator demanding that the US borrow more money from China before these crazy A-rabs invade Alabama godammit!

Seshmeister
04-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Actually on second thoughts I have a better idea.

Lets bomb them.

Blow up their children with smart bombs.

It will revitalise the underfunded struggling military defence complex allowing them to increase their political donations while at the same time distracting the US public from the fucking economic mess and even better the killer speed boat captains won't be able to have fun on the water as they will be too busy burying dead children.

Everyone's a winner.

As Jesus said, urge your leaders to kill children for in that way the billionaires may enter my kingdom and you may be meek and so forth.

Nickdfresh
04-23-2010, 09:57 PM

The U.S. and U.K. Navies long ago began mounting ultra-rapid fire mini-guns and .50 caliber machine-guns to their decks years back. The Iranians get a hard-on over showing these cheap "wonder weapons," but they're almost useless against modern Western navies...

Nickdfresh
04-23-2010, 09:58 PM
As we deplete our own.

You communist. How dare you imply we should go further into debt and deficit fund the world's most expensive military by far? Like several times more spending than our next 10 potential enemies combined...

Seshmeister
04-23-2010, 10:27 PM
As we deplete our own.

Oh no run away.

http://rankingamerica.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/chart-of-military-spending.jpg

Of course this graph doesn't include the communist pensions and medicare that takes it over the trillion...

BigBadBrian
04-24-2010, 07:14 AM

Man, I'd love a Ranger bass boat, one I could also take out into the bay/ocean for flounder and striper. Damn, crankbaits are getting expensive!

BigBadBrian
04-24-2010, 07:19 AM
The U.S. and U.K. Navies long ago began mounting ultra-rapid fire mini-guns and .50 caliber machine-guns to their decks years back. The Iranians get a hard-on over showing these cheap "wonder weapons," but they're almost useless against modern Western navies...

Agreed. I was 25mm chain-gun qualified and it wiould make short work of these boats, as would a .50 cal.

http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/data/3058/medium/US-Navy-Destroyer-Ships-971121-N-1434K-003.jpg

Seshmeister
04-24-2010, 12:51 PM

I think the UK started sticking them on after the Falklands War in 1982 partly to use as a last line of defence against missiles.

Nitro Express
04-24-2010, 12:59 PM
The US is a war economy. It's our biggest industry. We have outsourced our consumer goods production. With this economic model there will never be world peace as long as the US needs excuses to keep it's huge war industry going. Many people don't get what the whole middle east thing is about. It's about controlling the flow of oil and since the US is in debt to Asia, it needs to control the oil to blackmail the Asians into financing our debt. We don't control Iran's flow of oil, Venzuala's flow of oil, or Russia's flow of oil. Iran wants nukes because it has nasty neighbors and India and Pakistan already have nukes. North Korea has nukes and we are doing nothing. North Korea is not an oil nation.

No what's really going on with Iran is we want to control their oil so we can blackmail China into buying more of our debt. It has nothing to do with national security or terrorism. There's a bigger geopolitical picture. It's about who controls the world's economy.

Nitro Express
04-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Naval vessles are basically obsolete. Hypersonic anti-ship missles and high speed torpedos will make short work of any air craft carrier. Iran has both supplied by Russia and China. Any naval ship sitting in that Gulf is a sitting duck no-matter what kind of guns are on it. A move against Iran is unwinable. The US is streatched too thin fighting on numerous fronts in numerous countries. If we attack Iran we are nuts making the same mistake Hitler made during world war II. You can wreak a lot of havoc with technology but it's still a man with a rifle that mops up the final battles and secures victory. Victory we don't have in Iraq or Afganistahn. Also, moving against Iran could possibly set off World War III. Anyone thinking it's a good idea is nuts. Plus Israel has around 200 nukes. Iran does anything they are toast and they know it.

Nickdfresh
04-24-2010, 08:20 PM
I think the UK started sticking them on after the Falklands War in 1982 partly to use as a last line of defence against missiles.

Actually, the UK Navy had 20mm miniguns as an antimissile weapon even before the Falklands. However, minguns come in different calibers. The ones I'm talking about fire the same ammo as the average infantry machine-gun. It was realized by the 1980s that modern Western naval vessels in the Persian Gulf were well equipped to take out another modern Western or Eastern naval vessel, but they had a small vulnerability to crude "low-tech" solutions such as land mines and terrorists/special operations naval forces operating in small fast boats. So, manned weapons mounts deemed obsolete years ago and a throwback to WWII have now been retrofitted to most modern naval vessels in order to fend off naval-guerrilla/pirate attacks...

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/upload/img_400/minigun.jpg

Seshmeister
04-24-2010, 09:03 PM
The US is a war economy. It's our biggest industry. We have outsourced our consumer goods production. With this economic model there will never be world peace as long as the US needs excuses to keep it's huge war industry going. Many people don't get what the whole middle east thing is about. It's about controlling the flow of oil and since the US is in debt to Asia, it needs to control the oil to blackmail the Asians into financing our debt. We don't control Iran's flow of oil, Venzuala's flow of oil, or Russia's flow of oil. Iran wants nukes because it has nasty neighbors and India and Pakistan already have nukes. North Korea has nukes and we are doing nothing. North Korea is not an oil nation.

No what's really going on with Iran is we want to control their oil so we can blackmail China into buying more of our debt. It has nothing to do with national security or terrorism. There's a bigger geopolitical picture. It's about who controls the world's economy.

Ten years ago if I had read that post I would have thought it was a bit out there and maybe you were a bit of a conspiracy nut but unfortunately now I know you are pretty much spot on with this. Whether fueling the war economy is the conscious cynical motivation of the politicians or not is kind of irrelevant because it happens either way. I remember people on this site being really quite shocked 3 or 4 years ago when someone posted a worldwide survey where the US was seen as the most dangerous country in the world.

thome
04-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey look at all this cock harware I can discuss about and post cock pictures of and discuss how cock I am with my knowlege about it uses design restrictions and capabilities and ranges of attachment fesability and how cock it is all just such horrible rotten nasty crap that noone can use ever with any ability to find a reason other than mine.

wierd.....

you guys are so cock!

BITEYOASS
04-25-2010, 12:07 AM
The only thing that Iran is showing off are their video editing and photo-shop skills.

Nitro Express
04-25-2010, 01:49 AM
Well fuck me it's time for the US to start spending some money on defence before these Iranian fuckers with their mighty speed boats take over the planet.

Do you realise that Iran's military spending has now reached $6 BILLION A YEAR!

Holy cunt do you realise that the US is only spending 200 times as much.

Something must be done.

Write to your congressman.

Phone your Senator demanding that the US borrow more money from China before these crazy A-rabs invade Alabama godammit!

China isn't going to loan money for us to attack one of their allies. Iran and China do lots of business together. China is just biding their time. We are only 18 percent of their total export trade anyways. China has no interest in getting into a war, all they have to do is sit tight, because of the current US policies, the US is it's biggest enemy and doing more destruction to itself than any enemy would do.

Nitro Express
04-25-2010, 01:53 AM
I spent part of my childhood in Hong Kong. I speak a little Cantonese. I'm thinking about taking some Mandarin classes. It's a no brainer. Great Britian ruled the 19th Century. The US ruled the 20th. China is going to be the economic powerhouse in the 21st. They have been really smart in their foreign and monitary policy. Their human rights and pollution problems are big minuses, but China could very well evolve into a better country. The potential is there.

Nitro Express
04-25-2010, 02:03 AM
It's pretty obvious there has been long-term collusion. It's pretty much out in the open. David Rockefeller even admitted to Charlie Rose that he set up the Trilateral Commission because the Bilderberg Group didn't want Asian members. Someone has been leaking the Bilderberg roster every year and Charlie Rose is on the list and Mr. Rockefeller mentioned Charlie Rose attended Bilderberg. I first heard of The Bohemian Club and The Bilderberg Group from my father in law who worked in the aerospace industry. I worked for various military contractors and knew all about those people. He seemed like a real conspiracy nut when I first met him but he's been right on everything.

I first thought something was rotten when CEOs started making huge amounts of money and then they ran companies into the ground and then got another CEO job with another company. There seemed to be an extended good ol boys club. Now we see how much power the big banks have. They control corporations and governments now. The people have actually been pushed aside so the western world right now is in a stage of fascism. It's particularly bad in the US because we have the big war machine and we have been hijacked by some pretty rotten people.

Nitro Express
04-25-2010, 02:10 AM
I was told the Rockefeller family pretty much controlled the US and the Rothchilds controlled Europe. The Rockefellers control trillions of dollars and have it all hidden in hundreds if not thousands of foundations. They have even bought the prodistant church's in this country through the National Council on Church's. How they control the corporations is most common stock is owned by funds. Funds don't have proxy voting rights so the major share holders that are people have those voting rights. David Rockefeller alone controls an average of 6% of the world's publically traded corporations. He makes Warren Buffet and Bill Gates look like small potatoes. The people who control the world are the people who own controlling shares in the banks that own the central banks. Then they buy political influence and they eventually control military interests. So it's banking, bombs, and politics and a very few people actually control these areas outright now. It's obvious as hell.

Nitro Express
04-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Ten years ago if I had read that post I would have thought it was a bit out there and maybe you were a bit of a conspiracy nut but unfortunately now I know you are pretty much spot on with this. Whether fueling the war economy is the conscious cynical motivation of the politicians or not is kind of irrelevant because it happens either way. I remember people on this site being really quite shocked 3 or 4 years ago when someone posted a worldwide survey where the US was seen as the most dangerous country in the world.

What makes the US dangerous is our military technology and it's been wrestled away from the American people. We have puppet presidents now owned by the elites. Clinton was a Rockefeller agent, they even live in a home in New York on Rockefeller land. The Bush's are New England old money tied to the Harriman fortune and Dick Chenney is a Rockefeller agent. Barrack Obama works for George Soros and Evelyn de Rothschild. If you look at Obama he has more of the European approach and look who has been building his image, the European elites behind the Nobel peace prize. Obama seems like a loose cannon because he came in with Zibignew Brzenski's avoid war with Iran policy and now he seems like he may go to war with Iran now which was a neocon policy. So it seems like Obama is being influenced by both the Rothschilds and Rockefellers. Goldman Sachs has worked closely with both the Bush administration and the Obama administration. So there might we a different approach but both Obama and Bush are pro war and in the pockets of Wall Street big time.

Seshmeister
04-25-2010, 01:51 PM
It's very telling that after Obama's speech about reforming Wall Street share prices there actually went up a little.

I don't think they are quaking in the boots, they know it's just a PR exercise.

GAR
04-27-2010, 02:51 AM
Point granted.

Maybe we should stop occupying other countries and save our resources for the REAL threats....

You have been reading too much poopaganda.