PDA

View Full Version : The Trials And Tribulations Of Brett Michaels Thread

LoungeMachine
04-23-2010, 05:12 PM
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20363506,00.html

LoungeMachine
04-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Bret Michaels's health has taken a turn for the worse, PEOPLE has learned: After an excruciating headache late Thursday night, the star was rushed to an undisclosed hospital where doctors discovered he suffered a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage (bleeding at the base of his brain stem), according to a source close to the situation.

Michaels, 47, is currently in critical condition. "After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause. [It] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation," the source says.

The rocker's latest hospital visit follows his emergency appendectomy in San Antonio, Texas, on April 12. There is no word yet whether this new development is related to the rocker's recent appendectomy or to his diabetes.

After his appendectomy, Michaels remained in the hospital under his doctors' care – then transferred to a rehab facility specializing in diabetic patients.

As he was recovering, Michaels – who was still in the running to win this season of NBC's Celebrity Apprentice – seemed to be in good spirits and updated fans on his progress.

"They told me that if I had gone on stage like I wanted to, [my appendix] likely would have ruptured and I could have died," he wrote in a note to his fans. "There is just no way around the fact that getting your appendix out HURTS. I have a pretty good threshold for pain, but this one hurts." Next
See Heidi Montag's 'Superficial' Music Video

Anonymous
04-23-2010, 05:17 PM
The rocker?

What the fuck?

These news people never get any facts right. Bunch of retards.

Cheers! :bottle:

ThrillsNSpills
04-23-2010, 05:21 PM
You know he's from Butler right? :)

Did this stem(no pun intended) from the fact that's he's a type 1 diabetic?

It must be difficult to monitor all your levels if you going through the surgery process.

Diamondjimi
04-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Could be all the cheese that runs through his veins formed a huge nugget at the base of his tiny brain...

Another clown who no longer gets press on his musical merits, yet still remains an attention whore.

Maybe he'll take this as a warning to slow down, buy a ranch in Wyoming and fade into obscurity...

Get well soon Douchebag! :clown:

Diamondjimi
04-23-2010, 05:27 PM
You know he's from Butler right? :)

Are you implying Bret Michaels is the one and only Joe Thudner? :biggrin:

Satan
04-23-2010, 05:36 PM
It may not be directly related to his appendectomy, but I'm willing to bet that it had EVERYTHING to do with drugs prescribed after his appendectomy.

Hate the guy's music, but I'd hate to see him come to Hell under these circumstances. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2010, 05:43 PM
we have a buddy at work who had acl recon surg as well as torn miniscus repair a week ago. two days later diag'd with a small blood clot. they chose an aspirin regimine to thin the blood. they did ultrasound yesterday, doc calls this mornin' and they admit him this afternoon, he calls and says he is in a borderline fatal situation. crazy, scary shit.

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Considering the staggering amount of STDs he's received from the various sluts, gold diggers and clearly unbalanced nutcases on his Rock of Love show, I'm amazed the guy has lived this long.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/5272/rockoflove2.jpg (http://img541.imageshack.us/i/rockoflove2.jpg/)

LoungeMachine
04-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Ya know, not for nuthin' but........

I'm all for laughing and joking at people we despise's expense, but when it comes to the MORTALITY of someone, it can go too far in my opinion.

Especially when we're talking about a father, a musician, a human being. REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE THINK OF THEIR MUSIC.

:gulp:

Brett Michaels, Sammy Hagar, GW Bush, hell even ButtFag for that matter....I wouldnt wish death on any of them. Regardless of their sins against man or music.

thome
04-23-2010, 06:02 PM
It may not be directly related to his appendectomy, but I'm willing to bet that it had EVERYTHING to do with drugs prescribed after his appendectomy.

Hate the guy's music, but I'd hate to see him come to Hell under these circumstances. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d085.gif

That and the 20 year addiction to, wig glue..mixing chemicles is bad m'kay.

but I should also post what Lounge wrote..best wishes.

sadaist
04-23-2010, 06:03 PM
I hope he makes it through ok. I like the guy just for the fact that I love to hate him. He is such a tool. It is so fun to make him the butt of so many jokes. I'm not ready to give that up.

Plus, it's fun to see how whorish women can really be. Brett can really bring in out in them.

MAX
04-23-2010, 06:04 PM

I'm all for laughing and joking at people we despise's expense, but when it comes to the MORTALITY of someone, it can go too far in my opinion.

Especially when we're talking about a father, a musician, a human being. REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE THINK OF THEIR MUSIC.

Brett Michaels, Sammy Hagar, GW Bush, hell even ButtFag for that matter....I wouldnt wish death on any of them. Regardless of their sins against man or music.

Agreed and well said. However, I still don't think disgrACE should be allowed to post here or on any site for that matter with all of his victimized, lying bullshit.

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Agreed and well said. However, I still don't think disgrACE should be allowed to post here or on any site for that matter with all of his victimized, lying bullshit.

I can think of another (whose name isn't worth mentioning) that tends to belittle the issue of a person's well being or death as well. If anyone is to be banned for such a thing, then he deserves to be first on the list.

Igosplut
04-23-2010, 08:25 PM
I can think of another (whose name isn't worth mentioning) that tends to belittle the issue of a person's well being or death as well. If anyone is to be banned for such a thing, then he deserves to be first on the list.

Yes and yes.

fryingdutchman
04-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Always hated POISON myself, and certainly not a Bret Michaels fan...but I do hope he gets well soon.

Love him or hate him...he has found a way (albeit an extremely annoying, degrading way) to keep himself on the "B" and "C" lists...

Hardrock69
04-23-2010, 08:51 PM

I agree. Hope he gets through this ok.

Northern Girl
04-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Bret Michaels -- Stabilized

Originally posted Apr 23rd 2010 5:15 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Bret Michaels is awake, in good spirits and talking ... TMZ has learned.

Ambre Lake, the Season 2 winner of "Rock of Love," tells TMZ she's spoken with people who are close to Bret who say he's stabilized and conscious.

Lake's tale matches another contestant who has also spoken with Bret's bandmates.

We're told the next 24 to 48 hours are critical -- Bret will be closely monitored.

Seshmeister
04-23-2010, 09:27 PM
It would be devastating if this illness somehow affected his amazing hair.

Dan
04-23-2010, 09:28 PM
All The Best To Him.

Diamondjimi
04-23-2010, 09:30 PM
People shooting at his bus a couple of years ago, brain hemorrhage... Time to retire, Wigboy....

Seshmeister
04-23-2010, 09:38 PM
All The Best To Him.

Indeed he's given me some fun over the years.

The first Poison album when it came out kind of worked as almost a party punk album, their problem came when they tried and failed to raise their game after it like the Sex Pistols trying to do a Rush cover.

Plus he gave me one of the only moments I've ever almost fallen out of my seat laughing in the cinema...

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-eXUtoDH4g&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-eXUtoDH4g&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Nickdfresh
04-23-2010, 10:16 PM
I hope Brett gets well soon. Not a huge fan of his work, but it brings back memories nevertheless. Wish him all the best...

Anonymous
04-23-2010, 11:11 PM

Dude, I agree with everything you've said, but what the fuck?

No one here has, or will, - well, apart from the usual suspects, but everyone has come to expect that of them - wish death on Bref Michaels. We DO make fun of the guy & always will, but I don't think anyone in this thread has wished harm upon him.

Should we stop making fun of him because he's in critical condition? Should we eventually start to respect him after his death, may it be a VERY long time from now? That would make us hypocrites. Let's continue with the Bref bashing. May he live long. Hell, the longer he lives, the lower he'll stoop. That alone is good reason.

Let's poke fun at the guys in Cinderella too.

Anonymous
04-24-2010, 01:22 AM
Well played, tardbrain.

Bref Michaels in Main. Not only that, it's a fuckin' DUPE (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?58758-Brett-Michaels-in-ICU-in-Critical-Condition)!

Is it really that hard to READ the fuckin' forums?

Anonymous
04-24-2010, 01:41 AM
Oh, so you SAW the other thread & decided you should enlighten the rest of the site by purposely starting a dupe thread?

There are no words for your lack of usefulness or intelligence.

What a fuckin' retard, dear Lard...

Dan
04-24-2010, 02:13 AM
Fucking Sheep.

Diamondjimi
04-24-2010, 02:22 AM
deero the queer-o + this thread= FAIL!

GAR
04-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Kill this stupid non-Dave, Daveposer thread to the DUMP

Anonymous
04-24-2010, 02:56 AM
Shut the fuck up, Queero.

Go play with Bref's balls.

Terry
04-24-2010, 07:47 AM

Am a bit surprised you'd want him in Hell under ANY circumstances, My Dark Lord of the Night...

Fuck, was half-looking forward to ending up down there someday to sit at the side of my unholy father, but if worthless tosspots like Brett Michaels are gonna be running around the place, maybe I'll have to look into this atheism thing more carefully.

Terry
04-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Dude, I agree with everything you've said, but what the fuck?

No one here has, or will, - well, apart from the usual suspects, but everyone has come to expect that of them - wish death on Bref Michaels. We DO make fun of the guy & always will, but I don't think anyone in this thread has wished harm upon him.

Should we stop making fun of him because he's in critical condition? Should we eventually start to respect him after his death, may it be a VERY long time from now? That would make us hypocrites. Let's continue with the Bref bashing. May he live long. Hell, the longer he lives, the lower he'll stoop. That alone is good reason.

Let's poke fun at the guys in Cinderella too.

On a strictly human level, it is a shame that (in spite of everyone being born to die) Brett Michaels is suffering. The worst thing the guy has done is make shitty hair metal music. Hardly anything deserving of someone else wanting to see the guy in pain.

However, the fact that he is sick doesn't somehow elevate his...er...um..."lifetime artistic output" up to a higher plane or make it into something it previously wasn't. He may well be a nice enough guy, but even on the simple level of a 'rock star' the guy has always been little more than a lame Roth-wannabe poser. Wandering from one cheesy reality show to the next with his abysmal series of face lifts and those retarded bandanas on his head in an attempt to stay relevant. He's basically an insult to the best rock music has to offer, and while I wish him a complete and speedy recovery, I (like many others on this site) wouldn't for a moment lament him just going the fuck away and taking his lame, corporatized version of a "rock and roll bad boy" image with him.

Gaywads like Posion are what slowly killed off mainstream American hard rock.

Va Beach VH Fan
04-24-2010, 08:15 AM
Moving, merging, etc, etc.,etc....

Sensible Shoes
04-24-2010, 10:05 AM
I have a soft spot for Bret. That stupid Rock of Love show has given me hours of belly laughs at the ridiculousness of it all. Unabashadly staged with the biggest cast of fucked up women who make the Bachelorettes look like debutantes by comparison. Every season Bret walks off with some horrible skank - and next season he's back looking for another - guess the first one ran off with Vince Neil or something.

Get well soon Bret, And take the bandanna off for this one - it can't be helping the pressure in your brain.

BigBadBrian
04-24-2010, 10:08 AM

Well said.

Saw him(Poison) last year with Cheap Trick and Def Leppard. I actually thought he put on a good show....fuck it...I don't mind saying that. Get well, Bret! :gulp:

jero
04-24-2010, 10:32 AM
And he fucked Pamela when she was smoking hot! That deservers some respect!

Seshmeister
04-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Just heard Bret Michaels is in critical condition in an ICU with a subarachnoid hemorrhage.
That's a bleed beween the first and second membranes that cover the brain. I know Dave wishes him well
and so we all do too. Poison opened for Dave on his first solo trek and in retrospect it is easy to see the
influences each had on the other. Get well Bret!

Out of vague interest could you outline exactly how Michaels influenced Roth.

Nitro Express
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM
Considering the staggering amount of STDs he's received from the various sluts, gold diggers and clearly unbalanced nutcases on his Rock of Love show, I'm amazed the guy has lived this long.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/5272/rockoflove2.jpg (http://img541.imageshack.us/i/rockoflove2.jpg/)

No kidding. I'm suprised one of them hasn't cut his cock off yet let alone kill him.

NATEDOG001976
04-24-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm not really a Poison fan, but when I saw them at a concert festival, they were not bad. Hope he's ok.

Diamondjimi
04-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Maybe it all stems from this "incident"....

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JocPcYBCN18&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JocPcYBCN18&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

:lmao:

jero
04-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Update -- Posted by Janna on Sunday, April 25 2010

Everyone at Michaels Entertainment would like to thank all fans and friends for their continued thoughts and prayers through this difficult time.

At this point Bret remains in ICU in critical condition. He is under 24 hour doctors care and supervision. We are hopeful that further tests will locate the source of the bleeding, which has still not been located. As we all know Bret is a fighter and we are hopeful that once all is complete the slurred speech, blurred vision and dizziness, etc. will be eliminated and all functions will return to normal.

More information will be posted as it becomes available

binnie
04-25-2010, 03:35 PM
I'll be the first to laugh at Poison, but I wish Brett all the best.

SparkieD
04-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Well, I ain't gonna pretend to be a fan because I can't stand the guy. However, I do hope he recovers. It would be a shame for him to not be around to watch his children grow up.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 09:35 PM

well, obviously one thing is.......:umm:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 10:52 PM

holy shit! the fucking m&ms! dave obviously found out about bret's diabetes in the seventies and knew that was way too much sugar for a rockstar. gotta be it, right?:umm:

GAR
04-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Yay Bref!

sonrisa salvaje
04-26-2010, 12:56 PM
I'll chime in and wish Brett good luck as well. Saw Poison open for DLR on Skyscraper. They were decent but i don't like their music at all and what i have heard of Brett's solo work is pretty bad. I have always made fun of Brett because of his music and image but i truly hope he gets well. It never ceases to amaze me how someone can have the world by the balls one minute and then end up in a bad situation the next. Enjoy whatever ride you have while you can; you never know when it is your time to leave.

VanHalener
04-26-2010, 01:53 PM
On a strictly human level, it is a shame that (in spite of everyone being born to die) Brett Michaels is suffering...

Get well soon dude, then get the hell to Ranch Obscurity as fast as you can.:shiznit:

Carloscda
04-27-2010, 01:31 AM
Watching MSNBC earlier today, they said Trump went to visit him.
He comes out and gives a statement "It doesn't look good" ?!

Ok first of all why did he have to say anything?! Let the family decide if they want that information released!

It's also being speculated that this has something to do with when that curtain wall came down on his head?!

Some may not like the guy but I but I don't wish death on anyone especially one with a young kid!

Diamondjimi
04-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Rugs of a feather, stick together...

Trump? Just gatin off to get ratings and sales of Bert Michaels latest "album".

Nothing but attentionwhoring....:handjob:

GAR
04-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Its not that I wish Brett die or anything, but the taking into consideration with what he's done with the life he's been given I don't wish him much more hedonism.

Goodbye, good luck and good riddance if he croaks. And I suppose when he does they'll be playing that sucky ballad for a week, too.

sadaist
04-27-2010, 03:11 AM
. And I suppose when he does they'll be playing that sucky ballad for a week, too.

If he lives, you'll be hearing it another 10+ years.

Sensible Shoes
04-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Wonder if this is boosting sales of his single with Miley?

Va Beach VH Fan
04-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Merging yet again.....

ELVIS
04-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Poor Bret...

Seshmeister
04-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Bad enough to be critically ill without that twat coming in to visit(get some cheap publicity from) you.

chefcraig
04-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Bad enough to be critically ill without that twat coming in to visit (get some cheap publicity from) you.

Yeah, no kidding. His new show on the Golf Channel, Donald Trump's Fabulous World Of Golf (http://www.thegolfchannel.com/donald-trump/) is nearly unwatchable. The man knows nothing about the sport, and his inane comments are nearly as distracting as when ABC thought it was a great idea to hire Dennis Miller for Monday Night Football a few years ago. :duh:

Seshmeister
04-27-2010, 11:55 AM
The US(original) version of The Apprentice seems to be just one huge advert for the Trump corporation.

I sat there watching him and his 'hair' thinking there must be something fundamentally wrong with our economic system if this is what rises to the top.

ThrillsNSpills
04-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah, no kidding. His new show on the Golf Channel, Donald Trump's Fabulous World Of Golf (http://www.thegolfchannel.com/donald-trump/) is nearly unwatchable. The man knows nothing about the sport, and his inane comments are nearly as distracting as when ABC thought it was a great idea to hire Dennis Miller for Monday Night Football a few years ago. :duh:

lol. That Dennis Miller on Monday night Football almost played like an SNL skit.
He sucked the energy out of the room with every inane reference .

Mr Walker
04-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Still in ICU but upgraded from 'critical' to 'stable'.

Anonymous
04-27-2010, 06:46 PM
That's grate news.

Not only I don't wish him any ill - he may be extremely annoying, but he never really did anyone any harm - I'd hate for him to use his death just to get media attention for one last time.

Fucking prick.

Here's to a fast recovery, you fuckin' fish face.

Northern Girl
04-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Bret Michaels' Condition Worsening, Not Improving; Surgery Imminent

Swelling of the Brain Causing Poison Frontman's Condition to Deteriorate

By Saul Relative

"Celebrity Apprentice" contestant and Poison frontman Bret Michaels' condition is said to be deteriorating, according to a report from ETOnline. The celebrity news site claims that a source close to the family revealed that the 47-year-old singer would undergo surgery soon to relieve swelling in the brain. The report comes on the heels of optimistic doctoral prognoses and reports, including an interview with Bret Michaels' father.

After five days in the hospital, Bret Michaels' condition remained critical, and doctors were still having difficulty locating the source of the bleeding that was found emanating from the base of his brain. His publicists headed off talk of "stabilized" and "improving" condition reports by posting a statement Sunday on the rocker's website and his Facebook page, noting that Poison frontman was in an ICU in critical condition, that the tests had failed to locate the source of the subarachnoid hemorrhage, that more tests were forthcoming, and that although Bret Michaels was conscious, his words were slurred and his vision blurry.

It was a cautious but hopeful statement, entreating all of Bret Michaels' fans -- from his music and his stints on reality shows like "Rock of Love" and "Celebrity Apprentice 3" -- to pray and hope for the best.
On Monday, reports were somewhat pragmatic. Updates on the singer's condition included many professional medical opinions on what could be expected. Although some of the numbers were a bit daunting -- such as one in four of brain hemorrhage victims die within the first week and half within the first six months -- the idea of survivability became the underlying theme.

Then, on Tuesday, "Extra" talked with Bret Michaels' father, Wally Sychak, who told them that he had talked to his son, and although his words were a bit slow, he understood the conversation. He seemed to be improving.

He said he had been told that Michaels was moving his arms and legs. When asked how Bret had sounded on the phone, his father said, "He sounded a little slow, but fine. He was talking, not as cheerful as he usually is. But I guess he is under sedation. But he understood what he was saying and knew me. Everything seemed good that way."

"Well, the fact that he was talking to me and giving me information," Sychak told "Extra," "I thought that was great. I understood that this was a terrible ordeal that he was going through. We're not getting information right now. I guess no news is good news."

But if the news being reported by ETOnline about surgery being imminent came from a reliable source, no news in this case wasn't so good.

Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital Thursday night after suffering from an excruciatingly painful headache. He was diagnosed with a subarachnoid hemorrhage, a bleeding between the brain and its protective layer of tissue covering the brain. Doctors are unsure of the cause of the hemorrhage but note that most are caused by undetected aneurysms.

Bret Michaels is currently starring as a contestant on "Celebrity Apprentice," where he has raised thousands of dollars for diabetes (the American Diabetes Association), a condition for which he was diagnosed at the age of six.

Diamondjimi
04-27-2010, 08:19 PM
The fact that 20 years of an over tightened headband and deep drilled hairplugs may have caused this dilemma. Get well soon Bert!

VanHalenFan5150
04-27-2010, 09:46 PM
I hope the man's okay! He's a great guy, he's cool, he's a true rocker, and even if I never liked Poison I feel great sorrow for him! :( Get well soon Bret!

Terry
04-27-2010, 10:07 PM
That's grate news.

Not only I don't wish him any ill - he may be extremely annoying, but he never really did anyone any harm - I'd hate for him to use his death just to get media attention for one last time.

Fucking prick.

Here's to a fast recovery, you fuckin' fish face.

Really.

If he passed away, VH1 Classic would be running every Posion video round-the-clock, Eddie Trunk would pronounce him rock's greatest frontman of all time, and you couldn't turn on a radio for at least three days without hearing that Every Rose Has A Thorn gayness...

About the only thing worse would be if Jon Bon Jerkoff kicked the bucket. Man, I hope I'm not around to see or hear THAT bunch of idolizing media jibber-jabber should that come to pass.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-28-2010, 01:08 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/04/27/bret.michaels/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Test results indicate a setback in Bret Michaels' condition, a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures," said the statement posted by road manager Janna Elias.

Sensible Shoes
04-28-2010, 08:32 PM
This is not looking good at all.

Diamondjimi
04-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Really.

If he passed away, VH1 Classic would be running every Posion video round-the-clock, Eddie Trunk would pronounce him rock's greatest frontman of all time, and you couldn't turn on a radio for at least three days without hearing that Every Rose Has A Thorn gayness...

About the only thing worse would be if Jon Bon Jerkoff kicked the bucket. Man, I hope I'm not around to see or hear THAT bunch of idolizing media jibber-jabber should that come to pass.

Amen to that!

FORD
04-28-2010, 09:06 PM
I don't think Brett's previous collision with a falling stage background is related to his hemorrhage. It's true that such injuries can lie dormant for months or even years before they bleed out . The Beatles original bass player Stu Sutcliffe died of a hemorrhage resulting from getting his ass kicked in Hamburg several months earlier.

But Michaels got hit in the nose by the stage mishap. That's not likely to cause a brain stem injury. Hearing the low sodium factor mentioned, I'm still thinking that something related to his recent appendectomy is to blame. Whether prescription drug side effects, or a dietary thing, as being a diabetic and recovering from surgery can't be a great combination.

Seshmeister
04-28-2010, 09:41 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/04/27/bret.michaels/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Test results indicate a setback in Bret Michaels' condition, a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures," said the statement posted by road manager Janna Elias.

As opposed to hyponabasalt which is a lack of rock metal in the body...

Sensible Shoes
04-28-2010, 10:15 PM
I don't think Brett's previous collision with a falling stage background is related to his hemorrhage. It's true that such injuries can lie dormant for months or even years before they bleed out . The Beatles original bass player Stu Sutcliffe died of a hemorrhage resulting from getting his ass kicked in Hamburg several months earlier.

But Michaels got hit in the nose by the stage mishap. That's not likely to cause a brain stem injury. Hearing the low sodium factor mentioned, I'm still thinking that something related to his recent appendectomy is to blame. Whether prescription drug side effects, or a dietary thing, as being a diabetic and recovering from surgery can't be a great combination.

My elderly housemate has been going through some horrific health problems, and one of the frequent consequences of her diabetes is her enzymes going way off - sometimes nearly causing her death. Her magnesium goes wacky - then potassium - knocks her heart rythyms out of kilter. Diabetes is a real strain on the body, and yes, with all the other problems he's going through it's certainly not making anything easier.

Sensible Shoes
04-29-2010, 10:44 AM
I GUESS REPORTS OF HIS NEAR DEATH HAVE BEEN GREATLY EXAGGERATED.

(CNN) -- Bret Michaels' recovery from a brain hemorrhage suffered last week is going well enough that his concert tour could resume in a month, according to a statement on his website.

The rock singer and reality TV star suffered a massive brain hemorrhage and was hospitalized Friday.

"Even though yesterday was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday," his road manager Janna Elias said in the statement.

Tuesday's statement from Elias disclosed Michaels suffered a side effect from the brain hemorrhage called "hyponatremia, a lack of sodium in the body which leads to seizures."

Doctors sill have not pinpointed the "exact cause of the rupture" in Michaels' brain, she said.

"He is responding well to tests and treatments," Elias said.

Video: Friends of Bret talk with Larry

Video: Sharon Osbourne prays for Bret Michaels Michaels, 47, was the lead singer for the '80s glam-metal "hair band" Poison. He became a reality star by headlining the VH1 show "Rock of Love with Bret Michaels." He has also appeared on "Celebrity Apprentice."

Elias said the plan is for Michaels' tour to resume May 26 in Fort Smith, Arkansas, "provided there are no further complications or setbacks."

The possibility Michaels could return to performing next month comes just six days after what has been described as a near-fatal attack.

"Doctors state Michaels is very lucky as his condition could have been fatal," Elias said Tuesday.

His full recovery could be months away, she said.

"With further testing and rehabilitation, they are hopeful that Bret will gradually improve as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months," she said.

Michaels is suffering slurred speech and blurred vision, according to earlier statements.

His manager and publicist have been careful not to disclose the hospital or even the city where the singer is being treated. They cite security reasons for the secrecy.

ELVIS
04-29-2010, 10:46 AM
I think that report is highly exaggerated...

Little Texan
04-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Elias said the plan is for Michaels' tour to resume May 26 in Fort Smith, Arkansas, "provided there are no further complications or setbacks."

His full recovery could be months away, she said.

So, his full recovery could be months away, yet he's going back on tour in less than a month? Is that a good idea to be going back to work so soon if he's not completely healthy, yet? Seems to me that's just asking for a relapse.

chefcraig
04-29-2010, 11:56 AM
So, his full recovery could be months away, yet he's going back on tour in less than a month? Is that a good idea to be going back to work so soon if he's not completely healthy, yet? Seems to me that's just asking for a relapse.

Why would you think that? :duh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnYvIfG9Vb4

FORD
04-29-2010, 11:56 AM
I understand he probably has the whole summer tour with Fake Skynyrd booked and everything, but to go on tour with a bleeding brain is just fucking insane, and any doctor who would sign off on such a thing is probably just as crazy. At least with the Apprentice, you could probably limp through the rest of that show with a brain injury. Except I suspect that was filmed months in advance and was already over before Brett got the brain bleed.

Mr Walker
04-29-2010, 12:28 PM
I understand he probably has the whole summer tour with Fake Skynyrd booked and everything, but to go on tour with a bleeding brain is just fucking insane, and any doctor who would sign off on such a thing is probably just as crazy. At least with the Apprentice, you could probably limp through the rest of that show with a brain injury. Except I suspect that was filmed months in advance and was already over before Brett got the brain bleed.

I don't watch the show, but I think it's all in the can except for a live show when they announce a winner... I'm thinking that Brett must have been in the running or possibly is the winner the way Trump has been running around and sucking his dick in the press.

Diamondjimi
05-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Taint nothin but an exaggerated publicity stunt. Milk it Bert....

Anonymous
05-03-2010, 03:47 PM

Is it a good idea for Bref to go back to work at all?

He should just stay home & live a VERY quiet life from now on.

Ya hear, Bref? Get better & go home. And STAY THERE.

binnie
05-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Taint nothin but an exaggerated publicity stunt. Milk it Bert....

Would anyone, even the man who penned 'Un-Skinny-Bop', stoop THAT low?

Blackflag
05-03-2010, 05:34 PM

I forgot all about that song.

chefcraig
05-03-2010, 06:49 PM
I forgot all about that song.

You should have been here in the not-so-deep South when that tune came out. It's main riff owed more than a passing resemblance to a lick in Lynyrd Skynyrd's "I Know A Little", and Skynyrd fans (still smarting from the untimely demise of the group and the failure of the Rossington-Collins Band) were up in arms that these lame posers had taken such a liberty.

Diamondjimi
05-03-2010, 07:06 PM

You can count on it...;)

Susie Q
05-03-2010, 09:50 PM
You know....to some level I am with Jimi on this one. I think his people are making it out to be more than it is to get the sympathy vote and his popularity up. While, I am sure he has health issues, I think they very well could be over exaggerated.

SparkieD
05-03-2010, 11:08 PM
Y'know, I've kept pretty quiet about this cuz I ain't one to kick a fish when he's down, but this guy is big on exaggerating EVERYTHING which is the main reason I can't stand him. Never mind the ridiculous persona and the God-awful shitty tunes. He just needs to get well and rest that over-inflated innertube he calls a mouth, preferably out of the spotlight he been whoring for all these years.

GAR
05-04-2010, 02:53 AM
His manager and publicist have been careful not to disclose the hospital or even the city where the singer is being treated. They cite security reasons for the secrecy.

NOT Cedars-Sinai. Oh no, not Cedars. Uh uh. He wouldn't be there. Nope! Nobody go lookin' there..

FORD
05-04-2010, 02:58 AM
After seeing a couple minutes of "The Apprentice" the other night, I really think Brett needs to give up on his shitty music and do voice overs for radio commercials. He actually has a perfect voice for that.

VanHalenFan5150
05-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Heard Bret is recovering very well ATM. Anybody wanna confirm this?

PETE'S BROTHER
05-04-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/music/articles/2010/05/04/20100504bret-michaels-discharged-phoenix-hospital.html

Northern Girl
05-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Bret Michaels press conference: Poison frontman walking and talking; expected to make full recovery

BY Nancy Dillon

DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF

Tuesday, May 4th 2010, 3:33 PM

Bret Michaels' medical team still doesn't know what caused the rocker's sudden brain bleed.

LOS ANGELES - Rocker Bret Michaels is very lucky man.

The Poison frontman who suffered a massive brain hemorrhage last month is walking and talking and expected to make a full recovery, his doctor said Tuesday.

He's even been released from the Barrow Neurological Institute, the Phoenix neurosurgery center that admitted him with "incapacitating" head and neck pain, lethargy, disorientation and slurred speech the morning of April 22.

"I really expect that he will fortunately make a 100% recovery," Dr. Joseph Zabramski, Barrow's chief of cerebrovascular surgery, told reporters. "He's just one of those lucky people, the 20% or so who have a subarachnoid hemorrhage who make a complete recovery and are able to resume all of their normal activities."

The doctor said multiple angiograms failed to turn up evidence of an aneurysm. His medical team still doesn't know what caused Michael's bleeding, he said.

"Patients who don't have anything identified in their angiograms tend to do well," Dr. Zabramski said. "This is one of those rare instances in medicine where we're actually pleased not to be able to find what caused the problem."

He said it will take another seven to 10 days for Michaels' body to dissolve the blood clot around his brain. It's a painful process called chemical meningitis that brings "severe" back pain and spasms, the doctor said.

"Earlier on he was feeling pretty good, and I think he thought he was going to be up and about sooner than he was," the doctor said. "(Then) this chemical meningitis thing takes over and he's really suffering again right now."

Because Michaels is a diabetic, doctors can't treat his new pain with steroids because they could send his glucose out of control.

"Right now he has severe back pain, and when he tries to walk he gets spasms in his back…and the headaches come back again," the doctor said.

Michaels is due for another major evaluation in two weeks, and Zabramski said he made the "Celebrity Apprentice" competitor promise he wouldn't offer any guarantees about his return to the concert circuit or Donald Trump's boardroom.

Zabramski refused to say where Michaels is now -- at a physical therapy center or back home.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/05/04/2010-05-04_bret_michaels_press_conference_poison_frontman_ walking_and_talking_expected_to_m.html#ixzz0n0L866 Ik

ELVIS
05-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Hmmm...

Va Beach VH Fan
05-06-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm happy I guess that the guy's doing better, but making tour plans, especially when they still don't know what cause the problem in the first place, is really rolling the dice.....

Mr Walker
05-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I saw him on the cover of People magazine when I ran to the store last night.
The funny thing was where it said 'exclusive pictures' and it had a picture of him in a hospital bed with wires all over his chest... and he still has the god damn bandanna on... LOL!!!
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2010/galleries/magazine/100517/1-brett-michaels-660.jpg

Seshmeister
05-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Hahahaha.

He must have insisted on a photoshop.

What a silly man.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Is he that insecure to show that he has a receding hairline ???

PETE'S BROTHER
05-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Bald is beautiful, baby !!

Diamondjimi
05-12-2010, 05:51 PM

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/images/stories/Bret%20Pics/Medical/Next_Weeks_Cover_People_Bret_Busted_m2.jpg

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/images/stories/Bret%20Pics/Medical/1bretz2kkz5.jpg

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/images/stories/Bret%20Pics/Medical/bret_michaelsp.jpg

Jagermeister
05-12-2010, 05:54 PM
Holy fuck!

LMAO!

Jagermeister
05-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Bret Michaels, who suffered a subarachnoid brain hemorrhage on April 22, just 10 days after an emergency appendectomy in San Antonio, Texas while on his "Custom Built" tour, is planning on making his return to live performances Friday, May 28 (Memorial Day Weekend) at Hard Rock Live in Biloxi, Mississippi. This hard-rocking venue has hosted such acts as KID ROCK, THREE DOORS DOWN, STEVIE NICKS and DAUGHTRY.

Michaels, who has been rehabbing since his release from ICU, has increased his rehabilitation sessions to twice a day to prepare for his comeback in Biloxi and to continue on all of his solo dates, including a tour with LYNYRD SKYNYRD, which begins June 10 in West Palm Beach, Florida at the Cruzan Amphitheater.

"We have been overwhelmed with well wishes and offers that continue to pour in for Bret," states Brian Ahern from William Morris Endeavor Agency (WME). "And promoters have really stepped up to the plate to reschedule dates he missed. Which is a testament to Bret's great live performances and friendships he has built over the years."

The singer plans to remain on tour throughout the fall and early winter, with dates scheduled through December.

Shows that were postponed due to the singer's medical emergencies are currently being rescheduled.

Michaels, who continues to be a strong competitor on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice" Sunday nights, is hoping to be able to return to New York, along with the rest of the cast, for the finale on Sunday, May 23. Donald Trump says, "We really hope that Bret is well and able to join us at the finale as 'Apprentice' has hit some of its highest ratings ever and I have much respect as he is a fighter and strong competitor."

Michaels will make his first televised appearance since being hospitalized on "The Oprah Winfrey Show", on an episode that will air Wednesday, May 19. His upcoming album, "Custom Built", includes the hit song "Nothing to Lose" with Miley Cyrus, a remake of the SUBLIME song "What I Got", as well as a rock and country remake of his smash hit "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" featuring other artists such as Jay Demarcus of RASCAL FLATTS, Brad Arnold of THREE DOORS DOWN, Chris Cagle and Mark Wills, just to name a few.

"Custom Built" is set to hit stores June 8.

To hear samples of the tracks from "Custom Built", to pre-order the record or purchase Bret's never-before-offered platinum and gold meet-and-greet packages, visit BretMichaels.com.

Diamondjimi
05-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Well he's achieved attention whore Royalty... he's made it to Oprah!

SparkieD
05-14-2010, 10:46 PM
So in just a few days time, the bitch has been released from the hospital, released a single, done a People interview, lined up a stint on Oprah (fucking gag!) AND is preparing for a gig in a mere two weeks. Shit, most people can't even walk or talk or wipe thier own ass so soon after something like this. That fucker's Superman or I just got a whiff of a big fat rat.

kwame k
05-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Have you heard the dude's music.... obviously he sold his soul to the devil a long time ago!

Dan
05-14-2010, 11:24 PM
I Smell A Big Rat Too.:D

Diamondjimi
05-15-2010, 03:06 AM
So in just a few days time, the bitch has been released from the hospital, released a single, done a People interview, lined up a stint on Oprah (fucking gag!) AND is preparing for a gig in a mere two weeks. Shit, most people can't even walk or talk or wipe thier own ass so soon after something like this. That fucker's Superman or I just got a whiff of a big fat rat.

He'll be exposed, just a matter of time....

Have you heard the dude's music.... obviously he sold his soul to the devil a long time ago!

His success cost him his soul and an eternity of rectal ploughing from Beelzebub and his cronies..

LoungeMachine
05-15-2010, 03:42 PM
I changed my mind....

I wish they'd smothered this moron with a pillow.

Seshmeister
05-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Before everyone goes into complete hater mode remember the doctor did confirm the diagnosis and say he got lucky on the outcome.

Doctor Dude
05-15-2010, 10:29 PM

None of the former, but plenty of the latter.

It's bullshit. And you're right, he would barely be able to communicate through speech and unlikely to walk without help for months if not years.

I smell a rat too, and it looks something like the thing residing on Trump's head.

Anonymous
05-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Before everyone goes into complete hater mode remember the doctor did confirm the diagnosis and say he got lucky on the outcome.

Doc could've been paid to "confirm" it.

Maybe Bref SHOULD die. I dunno...

SparkieD
05-18-2010, 01:42 AM
Motherfucker sounds like he hasn't missed a beat. (Can't get it to embed.)

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid2133643001?bctid=86161418001

Nitro Express
05-18-2010, 02:10 AM
I thought one of those crazy whores on his reality show would have killed him already.

Nitro Express
05-18-2010, 02:14 AM
I thought one of those crazy assed bitches would fall for Brett too hard and he would end up in this sort of situation.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/enECGYRKDBU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/enECGYRKDBU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DavidLeeNatra
05-18-2010, 04:14 AM
http://starnewsworld.com/Bret-Michaels-bald.jpg

GAR
05-18-2010, 04:20 AM
Bald is beautiful, baby !!

My chick thinks so!

GAR
05-18-2010, 04:21 AM

hahahaha - the dooragectomy was a success Brett

Seshmeister
05-18-2010, 08:54 AM

"But what if I prayed every day for an hour, ok 2 hours. Would it grow back then?"

Seshmeister
05-18-2010, 08:58 AM

"I don't know about you Father but I like to grab the younger guys heads like this, it gives you more control."

Seshmeister
05-18-2010, 09:00 AM

"The doctors told me my brain had swollen to 20 TIMES it's usual size"

chefcraig
05-18-2010, 09:07 AM

"I once caught a fish this big..."

Seshmeister
05-18-2010, 09:16 AM

"The number on my knee? To cut a long story short I called CC and said I'm in hospital bring me my SEXy pants..."

chefcraig
05-18-2010, 09:23 AM

"So I had this weird dream where I was sitting at a pottery wheel with Demi Moore...then I woke up, realizing I'd dozed off in front of the tv while TNT was showing yet another repeat of that movie "GHOST", and I had a bag of Funyuns and cheese dip all over my lap..."

PETE'S BROTHER
05-18-2010, 01:18 PM
My chick thinks so!

mine too

Sensible Shoes
05-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Boy you're all sleeping.

FORD
05-20-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't watch Oprah. So was there anything worthy of note. Did Brett say that Jesus miraculously healed him, but only if he promised to NEVER tour with Poison again?

jhale667
05-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Boy you're all sleeping.

You do realize this site is mostly made up of dudes that DON'T watch Oprah, yes?

jhale667
05-20-2010, 12:47 AM
I mean...Oprah, FFS?

Diamondjimi
05-20-2010, 01:11 AM
This 2 bit hack is milking it for all it's worth. Gee, a miracle recovery just in time to make press in time tour with Skynyrd (what's left of 'em)
Karma will even everything out with this Douchenozzle.

Guess the old saying "If ya can dazzle 'em with brains, baffle 'em with bullshit" applies to this wig wearin hack...

GAR
05-20-2010, 02:59 AM
I bet there was not a dry eye in the house.

j/k fuck that guy

Seshmeister
05-20-2010, 05:01 AM
You do realize this site is mostly made up of dudes that DON'T watch Oprah, yes?

And work during daytime TV. :) ;)

Blaze
05-20-2010, 06:11 AM
Who's Oprah?

Blaze
05-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Damn, I couldn't even find any remixes of ANYTHING his....

binnie
05-20-2010, 06:49 AM
What did he say?

Is he going to write a song about it? 'The Brain-Bleed Blues'?

'Unskinny Brain-Bop........blows me away, yeah.....'

Seshmeister
05-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Talk mumbo jumbo psychic fucking idiot fucking bullshit exploitative crap to me.

ThrillsNSpills
05-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Talk mumbo jumbo psychic fucking idiot fucking bullshit exploitative crap to me.

the lyrics in this post are already better than the ones in I want Action Tonight

binnie
05-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Satisfaction, alright!

ThrillsNSpills
05-20-2010, 11:36 AM
http://www.joblo.com/dvdclinic/images/news/michaels-jm.jpg
http://www.uniquedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/fish-big-lips.jpg

FORD
05-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Where the fuck did those braids come from? Did he steal those from AxHole's wig? :biggrin:

http://musiccourt.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/axl_rose_after_plastic_surgery-762164.jpg

binnie
05-20-2010, 05:24 PM
If he'd had the braids in they might have provided some cushioning when the stage prop landed on his head......

Doctor Dude
05-20-2010, 05:53 PM
This 2 bit hack is milking it for all it's worth. Gee, a miracle recovery just in time to make press in time tour with Skynyrd (what's left of 'em)

Guess the old saying "If ya can dazzle 'em with brains, baffle 'em with bullshit" applies to this wig wearin hack...

TMZ is reporting he was rushed to the hospital again today, this time as a result of a mild stroke. They found a hole in his heart too, apparently.

chefcraig
05-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Michaels blames ‘Busty Cops 3’ for hemorrhage

Rocker says he was switching between porn movie and ‘SportsCenter’

Rolling Stone
updated 12:14 p.m. ET, Thurs., May 20, 2010

Rolling Stone has finally convinced rock & roll survivor Bret Michaels to fess up to what he was watching on TV when his near-fatal hemorrhage struck last month.

The truth: "I was going back and forth from 'SportsCenter' to 'Busty Cops 3,'" the Poison frontman and Celebrity Apprentice finalist admits. "Maybe that's what did it!" he says about the intensity of the "Skin-e-max" flick.

Michaels says his recovery playlist includes loads of classic rock, from Aerosmith to Kiss and AC/DC, and adds he heard Don McLean's "American Pie" with fresh ears after being discharged from the hospital in Arizona where he spent two weeks recovering from sudden bleeding at the base of his brainstem. "When I heard lines like, 'This'll be the day that I die' ... I get chills just thinking about it," he says.

Sunday night, the guy known for sloppy groupie hook-ups on VH1's reality-dating juggernaut "Rock of Love" will enter Donald Trump's boardroom for one last time as perhaps the most improbable "Apprentice" finalist ever. Michaels gets why people underestimated him, but says he's a real contender. "None of them thought I was going to get out of bed," he says. "I said it on the show: Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." As Rolling Stone reported, Michaels' next reality show will be a more sober look at his struggle to balance his family with his rockin' lifestyle in VH1's "Life as I Know It."

Yesterday on Oprah, Michaels got teary-eyed as his daughters and "Celebrity Apprentice" costars sang his praises. "I think of all the crazy, crazy things I've done in my life, I'm just thankful to be here," he said.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37255554/ns/today-entertainment/

chefcraig
05-20-2010, 05:58 PM
TMZ is reporting he was rushed to the hospital again today, this time as a result of a mild stroke. They found a hole in his heart too, apparently.

Bret Michaels Hospitalized for Heart Problems

Bret Michaels was rushed back to the hospital this week where doctors claim they found a "hole in the heart."

According to Bret's rep, the singer was complaining about "numbness on the left side of his body, predominately his face and hands."

After a series of tests, doctors concluded that Michaels had suffered a "Transient Ischemic Attack -- more commonly referred to as a "warning stroke."

During the tests, the doctors say they found that Bret had a Patent Forum Ovale -- which is essentially a hole in the heart.

Doctors say Bret's condition is "operable and treatable." The docs also don't believe the "warning stroke" is related to Bret's brain hemorrhage.

Bret will be treated with outpatient care -- which includes a daily injection of a blood thinner.

Bret's rep also notes that the singer is in "good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be OK."

The rep concludes, "He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive but he has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again."

http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/20/bret-michaels-hospitalized-heart-hole-warning-stroke/

PETE'S BROTHER
05-20-2010, 06:16 PM
fuck, now he's gonna cover that extreme song that is stuck in my head.:barf:

sadaist
05-20-2010, 07:06 PM
and is ready to rock again."

Again? When exactly was the first time?

FORD
05-20-2010, 07:10 PM
So which porn flick caused his heart problem?

PETE'S BROTHER
05-20-2010, 07:19 PM
busty babes 3?

chefcraig
05-20-2010, 07:22 PM

"A Hole In My Heart" (http://www.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/review/589). Seriously, this is one whacked out movie. :headlights:

Va Beach VH Fan
05-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Threads merged.....

Diamondjimi
05-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Bret Michaels Hospitalized for Heart Problems

[I]Bret Michaels was rushed back to the hospital this week where doctors claim they found a "hole in the heart."

According to Bret's rep, the singer was complaining about "numbness on the left side of his body, predominately his face and hands.".......
http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/20/bret-michaels-hospitalized-heart-hole-warning-stroke/

I rest my case... :baaa:

Va Beach VH Fan
05-20-2010, 09:13 PM
The docs also don't believe the "warning stroke" is related to Bret's brain hemorrhage.

I'm no doctor (and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night), but how could they positively say that a BRAIN hemorrhage and a warning STROKE (lack of blood supply to the BRAIN) aren't connected ??

All jokes aside, Bret's got some serious shit going on, I hope something tragic doesn't happen....

FORD
05-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I still say prescription drugs are behind a lot of this shit. I'll bet he's on that Plavix crap.

Nitro Express
05-20-2010, 10:08 PM
I bet there was not a dry eye in the house.

j/k fuck that guy

Or a dry pussy. Oprah's seats probably were covered in pussy juice from horny Bret worshippers.

PETE'S BROTHER
05-21-2010, 11:46 AM

busty cops 3

binnie
05-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Well, I hope he gets well soon, all joking aside....

Jagermeister
05-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Bret Michaels Back In Hospital

Bret Michaels was readmitted to the hospital this week after suffering numbness on the left side of his body, predominately his face and hands which doctors described as a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) or warning stroke. While MRI and CT scan tests were being conducted, Michaels also received a Doppler Ultrasound of his legs and lower abdomen looking for blood clots and most importantly an Ultrasound Bubble Test of his heart was conducted which proved positive for a Patent Forum Ovale (PFO), a hole in the heart. Dr. Zabramski (Bret's neurosurgeon), Dr. Becker (who ordered the test), Dr. Cook (who conducted the test) and Dr. Frey (Director, Outpatient Stroke Program) all confirmed the results.

Dr. Zabramski states: "There is no doubt that the positive Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) is devastating news to Bret and his family. The good news is that it is operable and treatable and we think we may have diagnosed the problem that caused the Transient Ischemic Attach (TIA) or warning stroke; however we feel it is highly unlikely this is connected to the brain hemorrhage he suffered just a few weeks earlier. Once again it is great that he quickly reacted to the severe numbness and got to the hospital immediately."

Dr. Zabramski continues, "I realize Bret wants to make a full recovery so that he can be active with his family, attempt to attend the finale of Celebrity Apprentice and especially get back on the road to continue making music. Without a doubt he is very determined to get healthy and make a 100% recovery. Medically speaking it is a fantastic attitude both mentally and physically for him to have. However, Bret's brain and body are not quite 100% yet, especially with the hole found in his heart. Further tests will be conducted throughout the week and I will have more information next week as to how this Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) will be treated. For now, Bret will be treated with outpatient care which includes a daily injection of Lovenox (a blood thinner to reduce the chance of blood clots) and blood tests."

Bret's rep, Janna Elias, states "Bret wants everyone to know he cannot thank you enough for all of the well wishes, prayers, and good vibes you have sent his way. Even though these last few months have been tough on him and his family, especially this most recent setback, he is in good spirits, great medical hands and is positive and hopeful that everything is going to be OK. He is up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive but he has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again."

Jagermeister
05-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Let the flaming begin. I am proud to announce Bret won the Celebrity Apprentice last night and he deserved it.

Bret Michaels made it to the finish line Sunday of "The Celebrity Apprentice" despite life-threatening illness and was rewarded with victory and $250,000 for charity.

"You've done an amazing job in every single way," Donald Trump said before announcing his choice on a live segment of NBC's reality show. "A little flaky, but that's OK. ... You've also proven ... to be very brave. I appreciate that."

The other finalist, actress Holly Robinson Peete, has been "amazing," Trump said, and then rendered his decision.

"Holly, I have to tell you, we all love you. And Brett, I have to tell you — you're hired," Trump pronounced, drawing a lusty "whoop" from Michaels.

Michaels' appearance on the finale, which included live and taped segments, had been in question after he suffered a brain hemorrhage in April and was hospitalized again recently after suffering what doctors called a warning stroke. He faces surgery for a hole in his heart.

Trump didn't downplay the drama involving Michaels' health, asking the 47-year-old rock star of Poison fame if he was risking his life by coming on the finale against his doctors' advice.

"Lately it seems like me just standing me up is risking my life," Michaels replied, lightly, adding that it was worth the risk and he "came to win." He walked haltingly and with a slight limp.

His presence brought a moment of honest reality to a carefully constructed TV genre.

Robinson Peete, 45, said she and Michaels had become close during the series and there would be none of last season's animosity — a reference to finale fireworks between winner Joan Rivers and runner-up Annie Duke.

Robinson Peete teared up when she and Michaels took the stage before a studio audience in New York.

"Holly, that's so beautiful. You're crying," Trump observed.

"Well, I mean, who in America isn't?" she replied. Trump said that he'd never cried for his opponent.

"My 5-year-old son woke up this morning and said, 'Mom, I love you, but I'm kinda pulling for Bret.' How do you beat that?" Robinson Peete responded.

Both celebrities, who were playing to raise money for their favored causes, came out on top. Michaels, who as a child was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, claimed the winner's prize for the American Diabetes Association, and Peete learned that her charitable group would receive a matching amount.

Trump said the maker of Snapple beverages had agreed to give a matching $250,000 to HollyRod Foundation, whose mission is to support families who have a loved one with a serious medical condition. The actress has a son diagnosed as autistic.

The final challenge for "The Celebrity Apprentice" had required Michaels and Robinson Peete to each create a new flavor of Snapple and a marketing campaign for the soft drinks. Their versions are being sold for a limited period and highlight work their causes.

This season of "Celebrity Apprentice" began airing in March with 14 contestants, each competing in business-oriented tasks around Manhattan to raise money for and publicize their favorite causes.

Anonymous
05-24-2010, 12:10 PM
His presence brought a moment of honest reality to a carefully constructed TV genre.

Am I the only one here that feels absolutely nauseated by this sentence? :barf:

PETE'S BROTHER
05-24-2010, 12:53 PM
the whole damn show makes me wanna puke:barf:

hambon4lif
05-24-2010, 12:58 PM
This show was on the TV at the bar, so I only saw bits and pieces of it.

I saw the part where Cyndi Lauper was dancing on the table and wondering WTF that was about.
Cyndi trips me out...she always has that look on her face like she's smelling a rank-ass fart...probably 'cause she's a taco-slapper that takes too big of a bite...:biggrin:

Anyways.....I noticed Sharon wasn't there. Was she just being a sore-ass loser 'cause she didn't win or what?

The outcome was predictable as all fuck....

FORD
05-24-2010, 02:32 PM
I kinda figured Bret had it in the bag when Trump and his rug came to visit him in the hospital during the brain bleed thing. The Donald wouldn't have done that for someone he had already "fired".

Now that Michaels works for him, I wonder if Trump will make him dump the ridiculous bandana-wig and order him a hairpiece from his own supplier?

Jagermeister
05-24-2010, 02:36 PM
I kinda figured Bret had it in the bag when Trump and his rug came to visit him in the hospital during the brain bleed thing. The Donald wouldn't have done that for someone he had already "fired".

Now that Michaels works for him, I wonder if Trump will make him dump the ridiculous bandana-wig and order him a hairpiece from his own supplier?

I think Trump made some comment about hair last night.

Jagermeister
05-26-2010, 11:13 AM
One month after suffering a brain hemorrhage and just days after being re-admitted to the hospital for a warning stroke, POISON frontman and "The Celebrity Apprentice" winner Bret Michaels was interviewed on this past Monday's (May 24) edition of ABC-TV's "Live with Regis & Kelly" show. You can now watch his appearance below.

Due to Bret's recent recovery period, the release date for his new solo album, "Custom Built", has been moved to July 6.

Michaels made it to Sunday's live finale and won the title of "Celebrity Apprentice", beating out actress Holly Robinson Peete.

"Bret Michaels, his creativity and imagination are just amazing," said Donald Trump, who chose Michaels as the winner to receive $250,000 for his charity, the American Diabetes Association. "He's been through a lot."

Michaels, who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when he was six years old, flew from Los Angeles to New York on Sunday to attend the NBC show.

"[Doctors] didn't want you to be here tonight, are you risking your life being here?" Trump asked Michaels, according to Newsday.com.

"Lately, it seems like me standing up is risking my life," Michaels joked.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aw9xJG2FBeA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aw9xJG2FBeA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Diamondjimi
05-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Fox News Anchor Thinks Bret Michaels' Illness Was A Hoax

Read More: Fox News Anchor Thinks Bret Michaels' Illness Was A Hoax

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="390" height="320" id="Redlasso"><param name="movie" value="http://player.redlasso.com/redlasso_player_b1b_deploy.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="embedId=5b6f6579-0e56-4a8a-acd4-05186d8274a1&pid=undefined" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://player.redlasso.com/redlasso_player_b1b_deploy.swf" flashvars="embedId=5b6f6579-0e56-4a8a-acd4-05186d8274a1&pid=undefined" width="390" height="320" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" name="Redlasso"></embed></object>

FORD
05-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Nah, I don't think it was a hoax. I don't think Brett Michaels is smart enough to pull that off. But leave it to FAUX Noise to make the accusation.

Seshmeister
05-29-2010, 02:38 PM
His hair is definitely a hoax anyway - how did it grow 18 inches in 2 weeks from his hospital pic to now? :)

jero
05-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Bret Miracles

Diamondjimi
05-31-2010, 02:04 PM

Jagermeister
07-08-2010, 08:58 AM
According to a posting on POISON singer Bret Michaels' MySpace page, there have been "a few erroneous, false and irresponsible statements" recently spread on the Internet and one news station that Michaels' medical condition wasn't serious, real or life-threatening. Dr. Joseph Zabramski, MD, Bret's neurosurgeon at Barrow Neurological Institute states: "The fact is, the subarachnoid hemorrhage that Mr. Michaels suffered was very real, and very serious as was the T.I.A (warning stroke) and P.F.O., which will be operated on later this year. A subarachnoid hemorrhage is a life-threatening, neurosurgical emergency that requires an extensive work-up and management in the ICU to prevent re-bleeding and manage the complications associated with the initial hemorrhage. For anyone to speculate that this was not a life-threatening medical emergency is absolutely incorrect. Between 15 and 20 percent of patients die as a result of the initial hemorrhage, and only approximately 50 percent of those that survive have a good outcome. Recovery from subarachnoid hemorrhage is determined primarily by the size of the initial bleeding episode. Mr. Michaels quick reaction to the hemorrhage and immediate medical attention that followed aided in his ability to make a strong recovery and stop the brain hemorrhage before it caused severe and permanent brain damage. Mr. Michaels is fortunate to be alive after all that he has been through. Bret is truly one of the most determined individuals I have ever met when it comes to an attempt at making a full recovery."

Dr. Greg Gonzaba, whose team treated Michaels for the appendicitis in San Antonio. states: "When I arrived I found Mr. Michaels to be acutely distressed, upon my examination I concluded he was suffering from an 'acute abdomen,' a medical diagnosis suspicious for a serious, potentially fatal abdominal problem, such as appendicitis, cholecystitis or possible diverticulitis. These conditions, if left untreated, could escalate to a potentially fatal problem such as organ rupture, sepsis/toxicity and eventually death by overwhelming infection, not to mention Mr. Michaels is a diabetic which could complicate the condition. For a news source to assume and state his condition was not serious is completely false and irresponsible."

In recent months Bret Michaels' health issues and determination to recover and continue touring have been viewed as both inspirational by some and as potentially jeopardizing to his health by others. Michaels, a lifelong type 1 diabetic, had an emergency appendectomy, a brain hemorrhage, a T.I.A (warning stroke) and was diagnosed with a P.F.O (hole in his heart). This domino effect happened over the course of a month and a half. Although Michaels is not 100% yet, his fight to recover both physically and mentally, combined with continued lab work, including blood tests MRIs and physicals, four daily insulin injections along with two daily Lovenox injections to thin the blood, will be continued until he is able to have the operation on his heart in the fall.

Janna Elias, V.P. of Michaels Entertainment, states: "All people heal differently and while Bret may be out on the road and performing, he is still not 100%. He still has pain from the chemical meningitis, short-term memory loss and gets fatigued quicker than normal. Bret isn't by any means trying to put his health in jeopardy by being on the road. He simply feels that music is a powerful healer. For Bret to sit around and not live his life to the fullest would likely be more detrimental to his recovery then playing music. It is the same mindset as the lyrics to Tim McGraw's song 'Live Like You Were Dying'."

sonrisa salvaje
07-08-2010, 07:28 PM
What can one say about Brett that he hasn't already said himself? ;)

Diamondjimi
07-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Drugs Reportedly Found On BRET MICHAELS' Tour Buses - July 22, 2010
According to the Los Angeles Times, marijuana and unidentified controlled substances were found on two of POISON singer Bret Michaels' tour buses by police Wednesday night in Indiana.

The buses were pulled over near Ashley, Indiana for a problem with lights on one of the buses, police said. A K-9 team got positive results on walk-throughs of both buses, and the drugs were found in subsequent searches. Michaels was not on the bus where police say they found controlled substances.

Bret's representative released the following statement to TMZ.com regarding the incident:

"Two of Bret's tour buses were pulled over late last night. Officers on the scene claimed there were no trailer tag lights. No arrests were made. Mr. Michaels allowed an open search of the buses and everything was handled in a professional manner."

Link (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=143404)

Wait there's more!!!

I read in The Toronto Sun today that Bert is now saying that he believes that the self ownage he recieved on that awards show (or whatever the fuck it was) is probably responsible for his brain leakage... pfft! :rolleyes:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JocPcYBCN18&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0 xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JocPcYBCN18&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0 xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol: :lmao: :lol:

Bwahahahahaaaa, that one never gets old!!! :biggrin:

Diamondjimi
07-22-2010, 09:20 PM
If he believes that is responsible, he's a cuntplete pussy bitch who can't take a punch! :biggrin:

GAR
07-22-2010, 10:00 PM
I was just reading in the Curves Diet cookbook that Gonzaba beans are supposed to be good for you..

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
07-22-2010, 10:11 PM
are you on drugs again gary?
i want my fuckn money.

BruinJer
07-28-2010, 02:32 PM
I about died laughing seeing those pics of him in the hospital with that stupid bandana on his head...LOL I could just see it now... him in surgery with that rag on!

binnie
07-28-2010, 03:21 PM
You just know that Brett is going to write a song about this.....

chefcraig
07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
You just know that Brett is going to write a song about this.....

Fuck that, he'll probably get someone to ghostwrite his autobiography and include the details as one of the final chapters. Look for "Bandannas, Bandages and Nosebleeds: How I Won A Game Show By Conning Donald Trump" at a Barnes & Noble near you later this year.

binnie
07-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Hahahaha.

If his bio was to culminate in this 'near death' experience, you can guarentee that it would be called 'Every Rose Has It's Thorn'....

Green Manalishi
07-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Though I liked Poison for about 5 minutes in the late '80's , I always thought that Bret Michaels was a serious DLR wannabe . ...oh , not to mention his Steven Tyler-esque scarves on the mic stand .

BruinJer
07-28-2010, 05:24 PM
If he dies, he'll be "survived by his bandana"

Diamondjimi
07-28-2010, 06:23 PM
:lol:

Diamondjimi
04-23-2011, 04:47 AM
BRET MICHAELS Suffering From Corneal Ulcer - Apr. 22, 2011
POISON singer Bret Michaels told Mary Colurso of The Birmingham News that he is suffering from a corneal ulcer due to infection in his eye.

The problem began after fans accidentally hit him with a glass during an impromptu nightclub appearance in Panama City, Florida during spring break. When Michaels began to walk out of the venue, "Someone said, 'Bret, you rock!,' and this glass filled with vodka and Red Bull fell on my head, and something in the glass scratched my eye," Michaels said. "It was this comedy of errors that I survived through."

Instead of seeking medical attention, Michaels said he decided to try eye drops and be a "self-remedy guy." A short time later, however, he realized something was seriously wrong. Three doctor visits followed, including a trip to a specialist in Annapolis, Maryland.

"I got a shot in my eye yesterday," Michaels said. “They numb your eye completely. They don't even have a remedy for what's wrong with my eye. They're using this crazy stuff in my eye that they invented.”

Diamondjimi
04-23-2011, 04:48 AM
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/69e90ec0-47c6-4dd1-b10b-d629d34fdb22.jpg

ThrillsNSpills
04-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Watch, one day he will grow a couple of fins and return to the ocean.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2011, 05:10 PM

more likely a swamp

chefcraig
04-23-2011, 05:20 PM

more likely a swamp

My money is on a petri dish. Seriously, if this guy was any dumber, you'd have to water him twice a week.

Candy Girl
04-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Hmmm...his sales must be sluggish. Anything for attention.

Susie Q
04-23-2011, 05:44 PM
My money is on a petri dish. Seriously, if this guy was any dumber, you'd have to water him twice a week.

This was a grate™ one!! LMAO!! I also liked Thrill's comment too! I'm not a big Bret Michael's fan at ALL, but my friend Lori L~O~V~E~S him and I almost had to deal with going to one of his concerts. Thank CHRIST he cancelled out. LOL

binnie
04-23-2011, 06:23 PM
When does the tour with Motley Crue start? This will be to sell tickets.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2011, 06:24 PM
mid-late may?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2011, 06:25 PM
they're gonna be here in june

Hardrock69
04-24-2011, 03:33 PM
You mean he's not dead yet?

Is he getting better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2011, 10:23 AM
better? doubt it...

chefcraig
07-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Bret Michaels' Tonys Lawsuit Moved to New York

Poison frontman is suing over accident at 2009 awards show

ROLLING STONE (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bret-michaels-tonys-lawsuit-moved-to-new-york-20110707)

A judge in California has ruled that Bret Michaels' lawsuit against CBS and the Tony Awards will need to be moved to New York. Michaels is pursuing a suit against the broadcaster and the awards show because he claims that he was nearly killed when he was hit in the head by a descending backdrop after performing the opening number of the 2009 Tonys show.

According to Judge Dolly M. Gee of the United States District Court in Los Angeles, Michaels' case will need to be heard in the state where the accident occurred. Michaels had pursued the lawsuit in California because he resides in Los Angeles.

The Poison frontman's lawsuit states that the accident led to a cerebral hemorrhage. He was treated in early 2010, but was forced to cancel several concert appearances.

ThrillsNSpills
07-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Ok immediately 2 things come to mind.
Are they going to play the clip in question in the courtroom?
and
Are the people viewing the incident going to laugh their butts off when Brett gets conked in the head?

Seshmeister
07-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Exactly. Does no one ever just accept a mutual fuck up these days without going to a lawyer?

Maybe we should get a class action going against him for "Something to Believe In" constituting cruel and unusual punishment.

Nitro Express
07-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Bret Miracles

Give it time. He will be on the 700 Club as soon as his music career fades.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-08-2011, 12:00 PM

i'm suing him for not payin' my hair royalties