PDA

View Full Version : webster's defines illegal as..

PETE'S BROTHER
04-23-2010, 07:39 PM
against the law! i'm assuming, i didn't really look it up. i don't understand this protest.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/04/23/20100423arizona-immigration-law-passed.html

thome
04-23-2010, 07:49 PM
That border drug murder mayhem war is going to spill over into this country soon enough if it already hasn't .

Perhaps it is a bit profiling, but also perhaps forward thinking.

Kansas city suburban cops are so bored they are trying to pass a law that sais they can look at your car across the way pick, any scenario, and assume they are seeing that you are not compliant with current seat belt laws and that is probable cause to hit those sexy sirens and have a go at your soft underbelly with their night stick.

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Lemme get this straight...by working for what is essentially a labor pool and picking up an honest day's pay, even a legal resident can get arrested? Seriously, does the following excerpt from the linked article make a lick of sense to anyone? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-327.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Sad-Smileys/)

It also makes it illegal to impede the flow of traffic by picking up day laborers for work. A day laborer who gets picked up for work, thus impeding traffic, would also be committing a criminal act.

thome
04-23-2010, 07:53 PM
the day labor issue is a tax issue Uncle want his due.

sadaist
04-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Lemme get this straight...by working for what is essentially a labor pool and picking up an honest day's pay, even a legal resident can get arrested? Seriously, does the following excerpt from the linked article make a lick of sense to anyone? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-327.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Sad-Smileys/)

Don't stop in the road to pick them up. Easy.

Igosplut
04-23-2010, 08:09 PM
the day labor issue is a tax issue Uncle want his due.

That's part of it I'm sure.

But this is the key phrase....

issued an executive order Arizona Police Officer Standards and Training board to develop training that will help police agencies appropriately implement the legislation, including what does or does not constitute reasonable suspicion that somebody is an illegal immigrant.

Tons of room for abuse in there I fear....

chefcraig
04-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Don't stop in the road to pick them up. Easy.

So in other words, the state now has the ability to harass people under the guise of giving out motor vehicle violations. How is this any different than hassling a black man driving a car in the "wrong" neighborhood, what is now referred to as DWB or "Driving While Black"?

Hardrock69
04-23-2010, 08:32 PM
I am in favor of that law.

All of these fucking idiots who are protesting are missing the point. If you come into this country illegally, you are by definition a CRIMINAL.

You have BROKEN THE LAW.

PERIOD!

END OF FUCKING STORY!

I am a liberal about some things, but I think ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS SHOULD BE ROUNDED UP AND SENT BACK TO WHEREVER THEY CAME FROM!

How they would go about it is the difficult part.

HOWEVER, in the normal course of a day's work, if a cop has a valid reason (not just "he does not like the way someone looks") for asking for identification, the cop should not be restricted from determining if the person in question is a legal citizen of the United States.

If the person's ID turns out to be fake, that alone is a criminal offense. Identity theft is a serious thing in the eyes of Johnny Law. So when they take the person downtown to "Book 'em Danno!", they should not be restricted from checking that person's background. If they are found to be an illegal immigrant, send them to jail once they have had a fair trial, then SEND THEM THE FUCK BACK TO WHEREVER THEY CAME FROM!

IF the person in question has a legitimate ID issued by the State Of Arizona, then I see no reason to be suspicious of that person.

That should be the defining issue. If their ID is valid, do not worry about it. If it is fake, investigate further. What the fuck is so difficult about that?

It is not a 'social' issue. It is not a 'racism' issue. It is not a 'cultural' issue.

IT IS A LEGAL ISSUE! THAT IS ALL THERE IS TO IT!

ALL OF THOSE PROTESTERS SHOULD BE TOLD TO SHUT THEIR GODDAMN FUCKING PIEHOLES AND GO HOME!

However, it is a free country, and idiots and morons can protest about whatever the fuck they want to.

*end rant here*

thome
04-23-2010, 08:39 PM
That's part of it I'm sure.

But this is the key phrase....

issued an executive order Arizona Police Officer Standards and Training board to develop training that will help police agencies appropriately implement the legislation, including what does or does not constitute reasonable suspicion that somebody is an illegal immigrant.

Tons of room for abuse in there I fear....

I have spent some time in Albuquerque and one of my friends who lives there told of big issues with the Mexicans and especially the High School Mexican gangs..I didn't like that city anyway .

I have entertained thoughts of Arizona as a place to hang my hat for awhile..I just doubt that this police profile thing is going to make much of a difference.

Much like Europe ..."Papers Please" and you move on.

If Mexicans would play fair, work here and go back and try to save thier HOMELAND they take to the streets to celebrate..but, they don't they abuse the system and could give a fukk.

They are a issue, no matter what -The Front- sais.

If a Border State, has gone to this level there is a BIG issue.

It is a cops duty to ask you; if you have been pulled over for any violation, to ask if you are carrying any fire arms of illegal contraband in your vehicle it doesn't matter what you answer he will search your ride and perhaps arrest you for resisting his legal rite to grill you in order to fulfill his objective of getting money out of your pocket in any way nessecary the more the better.

All this law does is increase a attitude of awareness of the Illegal Alien situation and line the pockets of the state.

I am not saying it is all that bad down south but I have always thought we should control with more force what our supposed land is.

As I have said in every Mescan thread I would be doing the same as they are.

GAR
04-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Once again, I see a few who do not understand the issue who should probably read a little more before inserting their ill-informed misunderstandings as commentary.

When I was a kid I earned a little money as paperboy for the Pasadena Star-News. They don't accept kids anymore, and you have to spic Spanish.

I feel sorry for American kids who have no way in hell to compete with illegal fucking alien adults who the government won't have the balls to deport.

Anonymous
04-24-2010, 12:49 AM
Once again, I see a few who do not understand the issue who should probably read a little more before inserting their ill-informed misunderstandings as commentary.

When I was a kid I earned a little money as paperboy for the Pasadena Star-News. They don't accept kids anymore, and you have to spic Spanish.

I feel sorry for American kids who have no way in hell to compete with illegal fucking alien adults who the government won't have the balls to deport.

:indifferent0020:

Cheers... :indifferent0020:

Satan
04-24-2010, 01:55 AM
Satan defines Jan Brewer and Joe Arpaio as: fucking racist pieces of shit.

Don't think this law is racist? Be sure to count the number of Russian immigrants that end up in Joe's tent concentration camps eating rotten bologna sandwiches in their state issued pink undies.

GAR
04-24-2010, 02:24 AM
Communist.

Hardrock69
04-24-2010, 02:41 AM
Only Garfuckle would call SATAN a commie. :lmao:

ULTRAMAN VH
04-24-2010, 05:47 AM
These protesters also continue to turn a blind eye to the ever growing gang activity on american soil. And lets not forget to mention the rancher and his dog who were recently murdered in Arizona.

Apr
23Liberals cry racism over AZ immigration bill; ignore overwhelming crime
By: Cas | Filed Under: illegal immigration • libtards
Arizona is on the brink of passing a tough new immigration law that some are calling racial profiling. The bill would give police the right to arrest anyone they suspect to be an illegal immigrant if they are unable to produce a driver’s license or identity papers.

Naturally, this has the liberals and Latino lobbyists in an uproar. Cries of RAAAAACISM!!! are already begininng. Total ignorance of the ongoing, overwhelming crime due to illegal immigrant is, as usual, being ignored.

Over at the Huffington Post Miguel Guadalupe (who identifies himself as a Latino progressive American) calls this a “Gestapo law”.

“Show me your papers, are your papers in order?” This phrase was made famous, or rather infamous, by the Gestapo, and will soon be heard throughout the state of Arizona, should their Governor sign into law SB1070, a vague and broad law giving law enforcement the unprecedented power to stop and check the documentation of any individual where “reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the U.S..”

There are no guidelines as to what “reasonable suspicion” is, but knowing the reality on the ground, it is obvious to all that “reasonable suspicion” means those looking like, sounding like, or acting like general stereotypes of undocumented immigrants coming from Latin America. In short — this is a bill that allows police to suspect all Latinos of being undocumented, and gives them the right to question their status at any time, for any reason.

He bleats on with some more Nazi rhetoric and right-wing bashing, but never once admits to the obvious. Illegal immigration is a crime. And even legal immigrants — non-US citizens — are here only at our pleasure. It’s a harsh truth, but no immigrant has a right to be here. Coming here through legal channels means you won’t be arrested, but if you come here illegally then you can and should be arrested if you are discovered. Liberals may not like it that Latinos will have to prove they are not here illegally, but I think that what really makes them so angry is the thought of our immigration laws actually being, you know, enforced.

As for the Nazi rhetoric, let’s bring Mr. Guadalupe back to reality. In Nazi Germany, the Gestapo was looking for Jews so that they could be shipped to concentration camps and murdered. There’s kind of a big difference between the murders of innocent people and the arrest of a criminal, but apparently, Mr. Guadalupe can’t comprehend the difference.

At Shakesville, they’re hyperventilating that this is going to be a repeat of the Geary Act:

As a historian, I don’t like to hear people say “If we don’t learn history, we’re doomed to repeat it.” We learn history all the time, and still do much of the same, hateful stuff that’s always been done.

In reading the provisons of the bill, I wondered, how different was it from the Geary Act of 1892:

The law required all Chinese residents of the United States to carry a resident permit, a sort of internal passport. Failure to carry the permit at all times was punishable by deportation or a year at hard labor.

How different is it? Well, for one, we don’t force people to serve hard labor anymore. The only place where there is anything even remotely similar is in Maricopa County, where they still have chain gangs. Thing is, the chain gangs are on a volunteer basis. People caught in Arizona who are suspected of being illegal immigrants will be arrested and, if they are in fact illegal immigrants, deported. Again, considering that illegal immigrants are in fact criminals, what is the big deal?

Markos Moulitsas whines that no one will be checking for Canadian or Irish immigrants (really), and points out that Latinos are on the fast track to becoming a majority in Arizona.

The GOP-dominated Arizona legislature last week passed a bill making it a misdemeanor to lack immigration paperwork and requiring police to question people if they have a “reasonable suspicion” that someone is an illegal immigrant. But undocumented white Canadians or Irish need not fear, because “reasonable suspicion” is not-so-veiled code for “brown skin.”

God forbid you are darker-skinned and leave your wallet at home. In modern-day Arizona, that is grounds for jail.

… But while conservatives might pat themselves on the back for passage of this law, the long-term effects shouldn’t be so comforting. Latinos make up 29 percent of Arizona’s population. If current population trends continue, Arizona will become a majority-minority state by 2015. In 2003, more Latino babies were born than non-Hispanic white babies. And by 2007, Latino babies were 45 percent of the total, compared to 41 percent for non-Hispanic whites, and 14 percent for non-Hispanic Asians, Native Americans and African-Americans.

The Irish-Canadian argument is perhaps my favorite. I’m sure police should be worrying about all immigrants in Arizona. Because we all know that there are just tons of Canadians and Europeans flying into Mexico City so that they can cross the border illegally into Arizona!

The reality is, Latinos will be targeted because Latinos make up the majority of illegal immigrants. Again, this is a criminal offense. Authorities talk about enforcing the law, and liberals completely lose their minds. If we aren’t even allowed to ask someone about their immigration status, then how the hell are we supposed to get a handle on illegal immigration? The answer is we can’t, and I suspect that this is the exact thing that liberals are trying to accomplish.

As for the growing number of Latino babies being born, there’s a name for them: anchor babies.

At Firedoglake, the bill is being called xenophobic, and strangely… being attacked on the grounds that poor, innocent, little brown-skinned people will be the ones investigated while all the evil white-skinned criminals will be able to keep on breaking the law!

In fact, multiple police chiefs have come out strongly against the bill, despite state legislators trying to minimize that opposition. Law enforcement doesn’t want to spend all their time enforcing an untargeted police state against brown-skinned people while real people engaging in real crimes don’t get the same kind of speculation.

It’s a shame that none of these people get it. Being an illegal immigrant is in and of itself a crime. And Arizona residents have seen firsthand the effects of letting illegal immigration run rampant — but more on that shortly.

The best angry post was from Feministing. Apparently, illegal immigration somehow relates to equality for women now. I don’t see it, but then again, I don’t consider modern feminists to be true feminists, anyways. Their outrage comes courtesy of John McCain.

According to McCain, “illegals,” are intentionally cause traffic accidents, uh, not to mention cause property damage, theft and other types of crime, well, you know, all while tending to your garden. Watch below.

… You have to love how he essentially says that he is sorry if there is any racial profiling to come out of this law, but that it is basically worth it to “protect” people.

McCain’s attitude to me reeks of the small minded racism that came out of the last election and reminds me of something Alice Walker said when I went to see her speak last week (i know I am so lucky, she was amazing). She mentioned that she really loved Obama, but she often felt frustrated with the way that he was negotiating with some Republicans, not because it was bad politics, but because he isn’t old enough to have seen how stubborn whites that were against desegregation and black advancement used to act in Congress. She said that the behavior of many Republicans in Congress was the same attitude that they had many years ago when they didn’t want blacks to have equal access and that they were acting like “spoiled children.” To which naturally, we all applauded.

So we not only have Nazi rhetoric against this bill, but we have racism/civil rights rhetoric as well. Most interesting to point out, of course, is that Republicans are being blamed for fighting against the civil rights and desegregation movement. As most people with any knowledge of American history know, it was Democrats who fought against repealing slavery, Democrats who fought against desegregation, Democrats who fought against civil rights, and Democrats who kept a former leader of the KKK in their party for decades. Republicans were the ones for desegregation, the repeal of slavery, and the civil rights movement. But, as per usual from liberals, that’s gotten neatly turned onto its head in order to paint conservatives and Republicans yet again as racists.

And a big thanks to John McCain, by the way, for boiling this all down to illegal immigrants intentionally causing traffic accidents. While framed disastrously, this is the kind of thing he was actually referring to:

In that story, Babeu said that there had been “numerous officers that have been killed by illegal immigrants in Arizona” and that “in just one patrol area, we’ve had 64 pursuits — failure to yield for an officer — in one month.”

The line didn’t fully mesh with McCain’s inference that illegal aliens were causing disasters on the roads “intentionally.” But Buchanan pointed out that in a subsequent interview on MSNBC (this Wednesday), Babeu did, in fact, make that point.

“[J]ust last month alone we have had 64 pursuits. That’s where these illegals are failing to yield to lights and sirens, as every good citizen would pull to the side of the road, they are intentionally causing serious traffic hazards. They have caused wrecks, running red lights. It puts our deputies and officers in harm’s way. One thing new in their tactics, nearly every one of them is armed. So this created, even with one of our deputies crashing into an actual ditch and into water, he was face down unconscious. And a Casa Grande officer literally saved his life.”

McCain was making a good point, but he did it in the most awful way. He effectively diminished the rampant crime taking place in Arizona due to illegal immigration to nothing more than traffic accidents. And the reality, unfortunately, is much more grim.

Consider the murder of Arizona rancher Rob Krentz. Arizona ranchers had been afraid that something like this would happen for a long time now, because of the increasing amount of border crime going on, and it eventually did. Michelle Malkin has been very outspoken about his death, and received multiple testimonies from other ranchers attesting to the increasing crime in the area. They have seen firsthand the drug smuggling and human trafficking going on across the border. They’ve seen the violence from the drug cartels. See this example:

For many years, we farmed along side those on the other side of the border. Most people who crossed our properties were not a threat, but that has long since changed. We now find ourselves faced with a government that feels the issue is not significant, as well as our neighbors in the city who are more concerned about “immigrants rights” than our safety. While Bush’s fence project had a lot of problems, the section that crosses our property created a significant deterrent. Traffic decreased from over a hundred per day to a handful per week. The cartels don’t care how they get access to your property. If they can’t buy you out, they will kill you and your family.

Families who live along both sides of the border have been threatened and attacked for some time now by cartels. On the same weekend that the consulate worker was murdered, a young man from Fabens, Texas and his father in law were kidnapped and taken into Mexico. He had turned in a group who had moved onto his property and set up a meth lab to law enforcement. Both men were tortured for several hours before they were finally murdered and dumped.

This problem is not just one on the borders anymore, either. Illegal immigration crime has spread its tentacles throughout the entire country, and nowhere is that more evident than in the frightening growth of the brutal Central American gang, MS-13. They engage in a whole host of illegal activities — drug trafficking, murder, prostitution, human trafficking, home invasions, money laundering, extortion, carjackings, bank robberies, contract killing, rape, kidnapping, arms trafficking, and more. This isn’t your average gang. They are notoriously brutal and bloodthirsty, and they’ve become the fastest growing gang in America.

The signs of a new threat in northern Virginia emerged ominously in blood-spattered urban streets and rural scrub. Two summers ago the body of a young woman who had informed against her former gang associates was found on the banks of the Shenandoah River, repeatedly stabbed and her head nearly severed. Last May in Alexandria, gang members armed with machetes hacked away at a member of the South Side Locos, slicing off some of his fingers and leaving others dangling by a shred of skin. Only a week later in Herndon, a member of the 18th Street gang was pumped full of .38-caliber bullets, while his female companion, who tried to flee, was shot in the back. The assailant, according to a witness, had a large tattoo emblazoned on his forehead. It read MS, for Mara Salvatrucha, the gang allegedly responsible for all these attacks.

At the nearby headquarters of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, agents–many of whom live in these communities–fielded the reports with mounting alarm. But Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, wasn’t terrifying just northern Virginia. “They were popping up everywhere,” says Chris Swecker, assistant director of the FBI’s criminal investigative division. “It seemed like we were hearing more and more about MS-13.” Then one day last fall, FBI Director Robert Mueller called Swecker into his office. “You have a mandate to go out and address this gang,” Mueller told him. Mueller declared MS-13 the top priority of the bureau’s criminal-enterprise branch–which targets organized crime–and authorized the creation of a new national task force to combat it. The task force, which includes agencies like the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), aims to take on MS-13 much as the FBI once tackled the Mafia.

Composed of mostly Salvadorans and other Central Americans–many of them undocumented–the gang has a uniquely international profile, with an estimated 8,000 to 10,000 members in 33 states in the United States (out of more than 700,000 gang members overall), and tens of thousands more in Central America. It’s considered the fastest-growing, most violent and least understood of the nation’s street gangs–in part because U.S. law enforcement has not been watching as closely as it might have. As authorities have focused their attention on the war against terrorism, MS-13 has proliferated. In the FBI’s D.C. field office, the number of agents dedicated to gang investigations declined by 50 percent. “There was a definite shift in resources post-9/11 toward terrorism,” says Michael Mason, assistant director in charge of that office. “As a result, we had fewer resources to focus on gangs,” though he adds that the bureau made up for any shortfall by leveraging resources from other agencies. In recent weeks, authorities have made strides against MS-13: a gang leader accused of orchestrating a December bus bombing in Honduras that killed 28 people was arrested in Texas in February, and a recent seven-city sweep by ICE netted more than 100 reputed MS-13 members. But Robert Clifford, head of the new national task force, says “no single law-enforcement action is really going to deal the type of blow” necessary to dismantle the gang. No one is more interested in busting up MS-13 than leaders of the Latino community, who live with the fear and fallout of the gang’s savage actions.

The violence and crime that have washed over our country due to our open borders and lax immigration policies cannot be dismissed anymore. And if racial profiling is what’s needed to stem the bleeding, so to speak, then that is what needs to be done. Liberals like to pretend that they can hold hands with dictators, terrorists, and illegal immigrants alike and sing Kumbaya to make everything all better. Saying over and over again that they’re just trying to do jobs that Americans won’t do won’t stop the crime. The truth is, the amount of crime that has flooded into Arizona has given lawmakers no choice but to take harsher measures to protect Americans. Liberals and lobbyists want to stand in the way of that, making people like the Arizona ranchers further susceptible to become victims of these criminals. They try to stop the effort to stop the flow of crime by making accusations of racism and by marginalizing the amount of criminal activity that has been happening in Arizona.

Arizona lawmakers are responding to what has become a legitimate crisis in Arizona, yet liberals are siding with criminals, drug dealers, murders, and the like. You tell me who is more un-American.

Igosplut
04-24-2010, 07:11 AM

Actually I understand it much better than you coward. I have a friend that lives in the desert at Tombstone. He's constantly telling me story's of illegals running through his yard, and approaching his wife trying to pay for rides to the highway. Last month, one tried to steal one of their trucks. And even HE doesn't like the sound of the new laws.

Your prejudice is shining through again. And they're STILL competing for your paper route, so I can see why you feel the way you do...

Get a better job than what a street person would have and you won't have to worry about it.

sadaist
04-24-2010, 07:21 AM
ALL OF THOSE PROTESTERS SHOULD BE TOLD TO SHUT THEIR GODDAMN FUCKING PIEHOLES AND GO HOME!

Couldn't agree more. The least they could do is protest in English. I saw the news and they were all chanting "Si Se Puede, Si Se Puede" (Yes we can). They interviewed one lady and she only spoke Spanish so it had to be translated. What the fuck! You come here illegally and then flaunt it by waving a Mexican flag and chanting in a foreign language? That is a slap to the face of every single American and every single person who has immigrated here legally or is sitting in another country waiting their legal turn to come here.

We need to do this on three fronts. First, build the wall or fence. Israel has a great one that no one can get through. We can copy that. Second, deportation of illegals. If they are in our prison systems, let them finish their time and bill their government for their incarceration. If they are on death row, do the damn job already. Tired of this bullshit of waiting 35 years to inject someone. Third, bring the hammer down on people who hire, transport, or in any way, shape, or form assist or condone illegal immigration.

sadaist
04-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Be sure to count the number of Russian immigrants

There will be zero immigrants. Can't you fucking read? It's "illegal" immigrants that are the problem.

Jan Brewer and Joe Arpaio as: fucking racist pieces of shit.

If they were racist, they would try to get rid of all immigrants. They are only going to get rid of "illegal" immigrants.

Terry
04-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Like Hardrock69, I am of a liberal mind on some issues, but not immigration.

However, while measures can be taken to stem the current flow of illegals into the country, dealing with those already inside the borders...if America really wants to get serious about it, my fear is what would need to happen would have to, by default, be pretty Draconian in order to be effective.

sadaist
04-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Even though I am for this law, I still think it misses the point. We need to stop the inflow first & foremost. Otherwise people will sneak in at a much higher rate than we could ever send them back. Plug the holes coming in, then worry about the ones already here.

thome
04-24-2010, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=thome;1452401]That border drug murder mayhem war is going to spill over into this country soon enough if it already hasn't .
Perhaps it is a bit profiling, but also perhaps forward thinking.

I am not saying it is all that bad down south but I have always thought we should control with more force what our supposed land is.
QUOTE]

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/23/mexican-police-officers-killed-ciudad-juarez/

There is eventually one place to run, North.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/23/1898805/ariz-governor-signs-immigration.html

"That includes, for example, the recent efforts in Arizona, which threaten to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans, as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe," Obama said.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/23/1898805/ariz-governor-signs-immigration.html#ixzz0m1TMNIO1

ULTRAMAN VH
04-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Even though I am for this law, I still think it misses the point. We need to stop the inflow first & foremost. Otherwise people will sneak in at a much higher rate than we could ever send them back. Plug the holes coming in, then worry about the ones already here.

You think the inflow is bad now, wait till Obama and the democratic party put forth blanket amnesty. The inflow will be like a swarm of army ants initiating a full frontal assault on Yogi Bear's f#*king pic nic basket!

LoungeMachine
04-24-2010, 02:50 PM

Yeah, umm......

Here's a thought.

ARREST THE OWNERS OF COMPANIES WHO HIRE THEM.

No jobs? No "illegal" workers.

Never happen.

Why? Because this is all a smoke screen.

Corporate America LOVES cheap illegal labor.

:gulp:

I love you guys who want everyone arrested and deported EXCEPT for the ones doing the hiring.

LoungeMachine
04-24-2010, 02:57 PM
You think the inflow is bad now, wait till Obama and the democratic party put forth blanket amnesty. The inflow will be like a swarm of army ants initiating a full frontal assault on Yogi Bear's f#*king pic nic basket!

You mean like Ronnie signed in 1986?

:lmao:

Satan
04-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Only Garfuckle would call SATAN a commie. :lmao:

Well, I am kinda RED. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

chefcraig
04-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Well, I am kinda RED. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

As are cardinals. So much for irony, eh? :tongue0011:

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/690/bcard.jpg (http://img530.imageshack.us/i/bcard.jpg/)http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7567/acard2.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/i/acard2.jpg/)

hideyoursheep
04-24-2010, 04:03 PM

I love you guys who want everyone arrested and deported EXCEPT for the ones doing the hiring.

Which is why corporate America are the biggest hypocrites of all. They preach capitalism, yet run their companies like the Soviet Union.

kwame k
04-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Why not make it easy for the immigrants to come to this country, legally. Make getting a visa easy and cheap, they'll be on the books for taxes then, and a record of who's in this country would be far more accurate.

Putting up a fence or declaring another "war on" campaign didn't work for The War on Drugs, The War on Terra or any of the other ones, what makes you guys think it will work for immigration.

chefcraig
04-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Why not make it easy for the immigrants to come to this country, legally. Make getting a visa easy and cheap, they'll be on the books for taxes then, and a record of who's in this country would be far more accurate.

Putting up a fence or declaring another "war on" campaign didn't work for The War on Drugs, The War on Terra or any of the other ones, what makes you guys think it will work for immigration.

Amen. You should see the disaster currently taking place at the dept. of motor vehicles when you attempt to re-up your driver's license in Florida now. Thanks to some new laws put forth by the legislature that took effect recently, protecting our state from immigrants now requires at least 3-4 forms of proof of residence, including a birth certificate. People are now finding they must miss at times up to two or three days of work in order to jump through the hoops instigated by this nonsense. And that's just to hold a license, which is no guarantee of the driving skills (or lack) of the beholder. Just lovely.

kwame k
04-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Jesus, Craig. If they only spent that much time on actual driving skills!!!!!!

LoungeMachine
04-24-2010, 05:01 PM

Damn those socialist governments invading our lives and REQUIRING us to know how to drive.

KEEP YOUR GOVERNMENT OUT OF MY CAR.

Just more Big Government meddling in our private lives.

kwame k
04-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Fucking Fascists!

chefcraig
04-24-2010, 05:53 PM

Damn those socialist governments invading our lives and REQUIRING us to know how to drive.

KEEP YOUR GOVERNMENT OUT OF MY CAR.

Just more Big Government meddling in our private lives.

Think of it this way...even the terrorists thought that perhaps taking a few lessons might be a good idea before attempting to operate a plane. Here in the not-so-deep south, people are of a different mindset. There is this weird sense of entitlement in play, telling them that they have a right to get behind the wheel of any vehicle (car, truck, motorcycle, watercraft, plane...you name it), even when their only experience might have come from watching one go by. Here in the land of nod, accidents are always someone else's fault. :angryone:

This also explains why only one driver in three has insurance in this state. :duh:

sadaist
04-24-2010, 08:05 PM

BUZZ - PLEASE TRY AGAIN

I posted:

"bring the hammer down on people who hire, transport, or in any way, shape, or form assist or condone illegal immigration."

kwame k
04-24-2010, 08:40 PM
OK, you may go to the second round, Sadie!

Satan
04-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Anybody got Chuck D's phone number? I think it's time for a remake of this song.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijeXGv9QLRc

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah, umm......

Here's a thought.

ARREST THE OWNERS OF COMPANIES WHO HIRE THEM.

No jobs? No "illegal" workers.

Never happen.

Why? Because this is all a smoke screen.

there have been a few token companies that have been prosecuted under the law against hiring them. but the sherriff gets hell for prosecuting/enforcing that law.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE]

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/23/mexican-police-officers-killed-ciudad-juarez/

There is eventually one place to run, North.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/23/1898805/ariz-governor-signs-immigration.html

"That includes, for example, the recent efforts in Arizona, which threaten to undermine basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans, as well as the trust between police and their communities that is so crucial to keeping us safe," Obama said.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/23/1898805/ariz-governor-signs-immigration.html#ixzz0m1TMNIO1

undermine fairness? cherished by americans! yes we aren't talking about americans tho. jaysus h ! in MY community, if the police remove a criminal, i'm fucking happy they are doin' their job!!

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 04:00 PM

with joe's roundups and raids, as well as recent laws passed, my city, mesa, has definately reduced levels of illegals. there is a fear in the peoples minds that are here illegaly. lots are goin' back to mexico.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Arizona lawmakers are responding to what has become a legitimate crisis in Arizona, yet liberals are siding with criminals, drug dealers, murders, and the like. You tell me who is more un-American.

while certainly not all illegals are murderers, thugs and thieves, and i have a couple people i really like that are illegal, that doesn't make it wrong for the cop to ask for id. for all the people who think cops are gonna be randomly confronting "brown people" that is ridiculous, they don't leave the a/c in their cruiser unless they have to.

Satan
04-25-2010, 06:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knv6nDZX1mc

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 09:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knv6nDZX1mc

wow, infuckingcredible journalism.:barf: the driver was never arrested for anything. sure, he had a bullshit ordeal to go thru, who knows what questions were asked and answered in what manner. the first polititian was pretty foolish on some accounts, but he wasn't spewing nazi filth. (sorry any dump members i may have offended:baaa:) the second guy didn't even get a chance. i tell you what, some fuckface comes up to me screamin' for my i.d. with a camera pal behind him is gonna be met with opposition as well. let along call me a fucking terrorist. no sir, fuck you !!:fufu:

Satan
04-25-2010, 09:48 PM
The problem is that a US citizen was arrested and harassed. Not because there was any reason to suspect him of a crime, but merely because of the color of his skin and his ethnic heritage. That is racism, and that is now the "law" in Arizona.

Illegal immigration may well be an actual problem. Jan Brewer, Joe Arpaio, and that dumbass Repuke piece of shit in that video who voted for this bill and doesn't even know the fucking laws, they are NOT the solution.

GAR
04-25-2010, 10:00 PM
(sorry any dump members i may have offended:baaa:)

none taken

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 10:08 PM
he wasn't arrested. if i was a truck driver in china, and the same scenario went down, it would be more understandable. more understandable than if i got pulled over in lincoln fucking nebraska. if i was in thailand, and i got pulled over for reckless driving in a miniputtputt onelungercar things they have there, and i stumbled on a few questions, or changed an answer, sure as fuck bet they would want some more info.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 10:20 PM
The problem is that a US citizen was arrested and harassed. Not because there was any reason to suspect him of a crime, but merely because of the color of his skin and his ethnic heritage. That is racism, and that is now the "law" in Arizona.

Illegal immigration may well be an actual problem. Jan Brewer, Joe Arpaio, and that dumbass Repuke piece of shit in that video who voted for this bill and doesn't even know the fucking laws, they are NOT the solution.

i can't believe i'm "arguing" with satan, my mom would be so proud! :0 1. he wasn't arrested. 2. if he was illegal, and his story seemed "off" and (even tho he was born in this country 20 or more years ago and still can't speak english well), that may not be pushing the edge so much of being suspicious of his immigration status. 3. illegal immigration may well be an actual problem? that could be siggy worthy, if i could ever figure that out. 4. so the people that are doing things to enforce the law of the land are not part of the solution? who is doin' something else to solve the problem and send these people back where they belong legally?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 10:27 PM
could you imagine 6 million americans moving to canada? somehow getting identification, jobs, buy an ssn (if they have those), have a kid get free health care etc, and i have the balls to be upset about bein' detained after gettin' pulled over for speeding in my general lee replicar and not knowin' the third word to "oh canada"?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Being born and raised in this country doesn't mean one has the command of the language of that of a university professor, unfortunately. It's so sad that so many people do not know the difference between "you and I" and "you and me." How many times I have heard people say, "Her and I will go (fill in activity)?" Her and I? And don't even get me started on people who can't write despite having been educated right here in America. What is "could/should/would OF?"

People love to yell, "Speak English! This is America!" No, you fucking learn English first. You can't even tell the difference between the homophones "your," "you're," "yours," your's," "there," "their," and "they're." So STFU.

Back to the topic at hand, so will the criteria for judging a suspected illegal immigrant be based upon one's command of the English language?

Rant over. Thanks for reading.

you know what i meant, i hope. that was 8th grade level at best. and if his comprehension of the language is as poor as his speaking abilities, i'm sure that could add to problems with the questioning process. certainly not the officer's fault. my wife and i could start some speech classes for any color skinned person here in az, me and her would be happy to help.:tongue0011::)

PETE'S BROTHER
04-25-2010, 11:40 PM
People love to yell, "Speak English! This is America!" No, you fucking learn English first. You can't even tell the difference between the homophones "your," "you're," "yours," your's," "there," "their," and "they're." So STFU.

Back to the topic at hand, so will the criteria for judging a suspected illegal immigrant be based upon one's command of the English language?

Rant over. Thanks for reading.

i took three years of spanish in high school, and have lived in az and used my version of "spanglish" for twelve years, i cannot grasp the verb tenses and all the inconsistencies either.

and certainly "poor english" would be a warning flag in some instances.

not tryin' ta piss ya off, just not gonna stfu. :baaa:

Satan
04-26-2010, 12:05 AM

If that is the new standard, then I demand the arrest of.........

http://www.mikepellegrini.com/Graphics/bush_moron.jpg

There's 8 years worth of evidence proving that English is not his first language.

Satan
04-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Only problem with arresting Chimpy is that nobody would be able to figure out what country he's from. Or one that would take him, if he was deported. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/d025.gif

Igosplut
04-26-2010, 06:56 AM
After watching that video I've got news for the people in AZ. In MA you HAVE to identify yourself when asked by law enforcement (and can be asked for no reason), and if you don't, they can arrest you just for that. it's a law here.....

thome
04-26-2010, 12:53 PM
GAT DAMN FERRINERS!!!

They ...Took ...Our.... JEBBBZ!

Thie... Tik... Or....... JiBZZ!!

CH ...JI... KI'JJJJJJJJJjjjjjjjjBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSsssssssss

All acceptable English, get used to it.

sadaist
04-26-2010, 01:31 PM
GAT DAMN FERRINERS!!!

Yup

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/brj2UkUPjCI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/brj2UkUPjCI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MAX
04-26-2010, 02:53 PM
GAT DAMN FERRINERS!!!

Thie... Tik... Or....... JiBZZ!!

CH ...JI... KI'JJJJJJJJJjjjjjjjjBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSsssssssss

All acceptable English, get used to it.

CALLATE WAY!!!

Pinche gringo culero!!! :D

For English press 1... Para Espanol marque 2?

MAX
04-26-2010, 03:02 PM
There was a story on our local news after this with some Mexican Americans stating; "Now, many more of our people will come over into Utah." WTF? Like it's a threat? :confused:

Seriously, I have zero problem with this and I'm going on record telling you that many of the best people I know are from Mexico and the hardest working people as well. I consider myself lucky to be their friends. Most loyal people I know!!! With that being said, they're pissed about the protesting as well. Why? Cos, they're LEGAL hardworking citizens!!! Why should they go through all of the proper channels only to be fucked by peeps who refuse to play by the rules? My buddy Ramon finally got his citizenship last year and was crying cos he was so fucking happy. Again, I don't see the big deal? If you're legal, what's to worry about? Yeah, it sucks that it's come to this but it's a shame that illegal's have done it to law abiding peeps.

Blackflag
04-26-2010, 03:06 PM

You keep saying this over and over again, but I've never heard one person say we should go easy on people who hire illegals. Are you arguing with yourself?

MAX
04-26-2010, 03:10 PM
After watching that video I've got news for the people in AZ. In MA you HAVE to identify yourself when asked by law enforcement (and can be asked for no reason), and if you don't, they can arrest you just for that. it's a law here.....

No wonder I get pulled over on the Masspike so much when borrowing and driving DG's car? Fuck, she has the stickers to fly through the tolls. When they see me driving, the cops must think something escaped from the zoo? One look at me.... That's gotta be it. :)

MAX
04-26-2010, 03:29 PM
i took three years of spanish in high school, and have lived in az and used my version of "spanglish" for twelve years, i cannot grasp the verb tenses and all the inconsistencies either.

and certainly "poor english" would be a warning flag in some instances.

not tryin' ta piss ya off, just not gonna stfu. :baaa:

You ever eat one of those Mexican Hot Dogs they keep praising on the travel channel? They're supposedly exclusive to Tucson? Personally, they look like they have way too much shit in 'em for my liking. Bacon wrapped, pinto beans, mayo, jalapeno peppers, onions and tomatoes? It's a toilet accident just waiting to happen!!! :eek:

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/foodie/2008630SonoranHotDog.jpg

PETE'S BROTHER
04-26-2010, 03:38 PM
You ever eat one of those Mexican Hot Dogs they keep praising on the travel channel? They're supposedly exclusive to Tucson? Personally, they look like they have way too much shit in 'em for my liking. Bacon wrapped, pinto beans, mayo, jalapeno peppers, onions and tomatoes? It's a toilet accident just waiting to happen!!! :eek:

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/foodie/2008630SonoranHotDog.jpg

i have seen the episode, but never tried one.

Igosplut
04-26-2010, 03:39 PM
No wonder I get pulled over on the Masspike so much when borrowing and driving DG's car? Fuck, she has the stickers to fly through the tolls. When they see me driving, the cops must think something escaped from the zoo? One look at me.... That's gotta be it. :)

The difference between MA and the new AZ law is that if you identify yourself here, that's enough even if they can't find you on their data base. My understanding is that even if you give them ID (drivers license, SS card, ect) they can STILL ARREST you, and hold you until you can have somebody produce a birth certificate (or enough to satisfy the officer). And that's EVERYBODY at ANYTIME. Too much room for abuse in my book...

MAX
04-26-2010, 03:45 PM
i have seen the episode, but never tried one.

I wouldn't. You'd prolly be lookin' at a week on the can. :019:

MAX
04-26-2010, 03:46 PM
The difference between MA and the new AZ law is that if you identify yourself here, that's enough even if they can't find you on their data base. My understanding is that even if you give them ID (drivers license, SS card, ect) they can STILL ARREST you, and hold you until you can have somebody produce a birth certificate (or enough to satisfy the officer). And that's EVERYBODY at ANYTIME. Too much room for abuse in my book...

Oh well, I still love the Bay-less State. :cool:

Now and on to more important things...

Who has the best lobster rolls on the cape? Cannot wait for you to toast my arrival by purchasing me one. :D

Igosplut
04-26-2010, 03:54 PM
I get bugs (lobsters) and fish for free. All I gotta do is ask ahead of time. But that stuff is all over here, and there is as many different recipes as there are places. Depends on how ya like 'em...

Blackflag
04-26-2010, 03:55 PM

I don't like stop and identify laws, and I don't like this law.

However, if they find somebody who is here illegally, they should be shown the door. Say, somebody gets stopped for speeding, and they don't have a license. Illegals shouldn't have licenses. It's stupid not to sweep out everybody you can easily find.

I also think they should take the federal ID and stick it in their ass.

Blackflag
04-26-2010, 03:56 PM
I get bugs (lobsters)

I've been telling people for years that shellfish are bugs, and they never admit it.

MAX
04-26-2010, 03:59 PM
I get bugs (lobsters) and fish for free. All I gotta do is ask ahead of time. But that stuff is all over here, and there is as many different recipes as there are places. Depends on how ya like 'em...

I dunno, you tell me? I've never had one. DG knows I'd love 'em though. You aren't one of those Massholes who likes to put the intestinal shit from the middle of the lobsters on crackers are you? What's the shit (literally) called?? Tomale? :confused:

MAX
04-26-2010, 04:02 PM
I've been telling people for years that shellfish are bugs, and they never admit it.

They are fucking bugs. Inscets of the sea. Damn tasty though. Seriously, they're in the same family (or not too far) as roaches. lmao

Actually, in the early days of this country, we fed lobster to prisoners!!! No fucking joke!!!

MAX
04-26-2010, 04:03 PM
However, if they find somebody who is here illegally, they should be shown the door.

What door? Lounge's front door? :D

j/k

PETE'S BROTHER
04-26-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't like stop and identify laws, and I don't like this law.

However, if they find somebody who is here illegally, they should be shown the door. Say, somebody gets stopped for speeding, and they don't have a license. Illegals shouldn't have licenses. It's stupid not to sweep out everybody you can easily find.

I also think they should take the federal ID and stick it in their ass.

it isn't stop and id, tho. it's if you are breakin' a law and are illegal, you are charged with a crime.

Blackflag
04-26-2010, 04:09 PM
That would be cruel. If you take them to Lounge's front door, he would go through the back door.

Blackflag
04-26-2010, 04:12 PM
it isn't stop and id, tho. it's if you are breakin' a law and are illegal, you are charged with a crime.

But the only way to enforce that is random stop and ID, I guess. Fuck that shit. I'm already sick to death of the random DUI stops from these fucking dimwits.

Is that where this is headed? Stop everybody on the road and check their credentials? Go door to door asking for papers? They can give me head.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-26-2010, 04:20 PM
oh i'm so mad at you. you are infuriating, you don't understand, you don't get it, you are not using your brain, i can't explain it simple enough, argh.:biggrin:

Igosplut
04-26-2010, 04:20 PM

We call 'em bugs because they crawl like bugs. Lobsters are the rats of the ocean, they eat everything. You wouldn't want to know....

One time somebody left a bag of lobster hanging from my back door. When I opened the bag, one of the fuckers got me with a claw (they were all unbanded) I fired the bag into the refrigerator and went back to work. Coming home after work I open the fridge to see a few had crawled out of the bag. Reaching in the same little fucker got me again. Wrapped them up again and forgot about it. The next morning the bag (plastic) was torn and most of them were spread out in the fridge rather fucked up. And that same little fucker was clamped onto one of the shelves hanging from the bottom of the racks spread eagle. He had tore his way out again and fucked up the rest of 'em. I almost took him back and threw him in the bay, but in the end he went the way of most lobsters....

Blackflag
04-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Did you attend the Lounge School of Debate over the weekend? You forgot to call me a name.

Igosplut
04-26-2010, 04:22 PM
I dunno, you tell me? I've never had one. DG knows I'd love 'em though. You aren't one of those Massholes who likes to put the intestinal shit from the middle of the lobsters on crackers are you? What's the shit (literally) called?? Tomale? :confused:

Naw, I only eat the tails. Fuck, I can't even stand oysters, and I can get as many of those for nothing as I want also...

Blackflag
04-26-2010, 04:23 PM
One time somebody left a bag of lobster hanging from my back door.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

They are total bugs. Disgusting.

MAX
04-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Naw, I only eat the tails. Fuck, I can't even stand oysters, and I can get as many of those for nothing as I want also...

Oysters remind me of having a cold and lots of vile and disgusting snot!!! :barf:

sadaist
04-26-2010, 04:26 PM
They are fucking bugs. Inscets of the sea. Damn tasty though. Seriously, they're in the same family (or not too far) as roaches. lmao

Actually, in the early days of this country, we fed lobster to prisoners!!! No fucking joke!!!

So true. Just like roaches of the sea. Delicious, buttery, savory roaches of the sea. Hell, cheese is just mold & we all eat that. We eat a lot of disgusting things...as long as it tastes good. Just look at pussy. I mean come on, really? Those things are breeding grounds for bacteria. Yet, irresistible just the same.

Maybe if we start feeding pussy to inmates, all these criminals currently on the lamb will turn themselves in.

Blackflag
04-26-2010, 04:29 PM
So true. Just like roaches of the sea. Delicious, buttery, savory roaches of the sea. Hell, cheese is just mold & we all eat that.

Then why don't you people just cut to the chase and eat roaches? Disgusting. Fresh cheese isn't moldy, just your stinky cheeses.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Did you attend the Lounge School of Debate over the weekend? You forgot to call me a name.

oh yeah, "clay"? "sparky"? "fuckstump"?

Blackflag
04-26-2010, 04:30 PM
There you go - that's more like it.

MAX
04-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Maybe if we start feeding pussy to inmates, all these criminals currently on the lamb will turn themselves in.

That wouldn't work cos inmates are used to picking up bars of soap. Such deliciousness as a yumdelicious pussy would throw them off and shock their system.

MAX
04-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Then why don't you people just cut to the chase and eat roaches?

Hey now, lots of people eat at Taco Bell!!!

PETE'S BROTHER
04-26-2010, 04:39 PM
ugh, i triple dog dare ya to try one of their fish tacos.:barf:

MAX
04-26-2010, 04:40 PM
ugh, i triple dog dare ya to try one of their fish tacos.:barf:

No thanks, I'm trying to quit.

Not fish tacos... ;)

Blackflag
04-26-2010, 04:41 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ykjyz1igk1vyfM:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PxeorjbIL._SS400_.jpg

PETE'S BROTHER
04-26-2010, 04:42 PM
i mean shrimp ones, and still.

MAX
04-26-2010, 04:43 PM
i mean shrimp ones, and still.

I gave those up for Lent... I mean, next year's. :D

sadaist
04-26-2010, 08:09 PM
Then why don't you people just cut to the chase and eat roaches? Disgusting.

As soon as roaches grow to where they have a 1/2 lb tail, sign me up.

Blackflag
04-27-2010, 12:28 AM

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

sadaist
04-27-2010, 03:23 AM

LMAO. Sorry.

That's kinda how I feel about Chorizo. It makes the most awesome burritos. Chorizo & egg. God I love them. However, if you ever are unfortunate enough to read the ingredients, you may never eat it again. Lymph nodes & salivary glands. Yup. I kid you not. So you just have to eat it & not think about it. Damn it's tasty.

Blackflag
04-27-2010, 03:34 AM
Lymph nodes? :barf:

LoungeMachine
04-27-2010, 04:31 AM

Wow.

Recycling lines from Ben Stiller movies......

original.

Blackflag
04-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Lounge, you made the biggest mistake of all - you went full retard.

chefcraig
04-27-2010, 11:55 AM
That's kinda how I feel about Chorizo. It makes the most awesome burritos. Chorizo & egg. God I love them. However, if you ever are unfortunate enough to read the ingredients, you may never eat it again. Lymph nodes & salivary glands. Yup. I kid you not. So you just have to eat it & not think about it. Damn it's tasty.

I hear ya on that. I prefer the fresh over the dried, which is far more common around here. The thing is, when I peel the skin off the fresh and slice it up, I tend to avert my eyes, as just seeing all of the non-identifiable ingredients exposed will make your head spin.

Still, the stuff tastes nothing short of amazing with eggs and cheese, in a baked bread or a calzone, and definetly in stews.

Blackflag
04-27-2010, 12:06 PM
I had that one time just to see what it was like. Tasty, but I would not have that again.

And I didn't even know it had lymph nodes in it... You guys should not be eating that shit.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:jfljK1RJKWGS-M:http://big-giant.com:16080/thebeege/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/el_chorizo_jm_2.jpg

chefcraig
04-27-2010, 12:13 PM
I had that one time just to see what it was like. Tasty, but I would not have that again.

And I didn't even know it had lymph nodes in it... You guys should not be eating that shit.

Tell me about it. The thing is, at this late stage of my life, avoiding questionable foods is more or less like closing the corral after the horses have escaped. And with my luck, the minute I start eating better my doctor will advise me that I have around three weeks to live. Fortunately, with my healthcare plan, I rarely see the bastard.

Seshmeister
04-27-2010, 12:24 PM

It's true I don't really understand the rules. If lobsters and prawns lived on land who would eat them?

Seshmeister
04-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Apart from the Chinese I mean...

PETE'S BROTHER
04-27-2010, 01:02 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/04/27/20100427arizona-immigration-law-mexico-travel-alert.html

It says that once the law takes effect, foreigners can be detained if they fail to carry immigration documents. While enforcement details are not yet clear, the alert says "it should be assumed that any Mexican citizen could be bothered and questioned for no other reason at any moment."

Anonymous
04-27-2010, 01:22 PM
What the fuck? Are you guys talking shit about chouriço? Try roastin' that shit - it don't get any better.

You can also slice a few pieces of the thing & add some nice cheese to the plate whilst having a few beers, or even better - some wine.

Makes for some kickass sandwiches too.

And, like Chef said, it's absolutely fuckin' A in stews. Ain't for nuthin' he's a Chef.

Trouble is, you probably don't get the good stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if what you're eating is not chouriço at all... just something similar enough to fool you guys.

I feel sorry for Amerikaners... no proper tasty foodstuffs. Still, you can't 'ave ev'rything, can ya?

Cheers! :bottle:

Blackflag
04-27-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/04/27/20100427arizona-immigration-law-mexico-travel-alert.html

It says that once the law takes effect, foreigners can be detained if they fail to carry immigration documents. While enforcement details are not yet clear, the alert says "it should be assumed that any Mexican citizen could be bothered and questioned for no other reason at any moment."

Like Americans can be asked for documents if they're in a foreign country? Like any guest in any other country can be asked for their passport? They should stay home if they don't like it.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-27-2010, 01:48 PM
agreed

MAX
04-27-2010, 02:09 PM
LMAO. Sorry.

WOW!!! I fucking LOVE chorizo and could truly care less what's in it. I've had better than others but there's a family owned place here called Molcasalsa and they make there own. It's ground and fresh. Looks more like ground beef than anything else. I asked the owner what makes theirs so good, he told me they use cinnamon and other spices to season it. Sounds crezzi but it's beyond epic!!! The chorizo burrito is chorizo (obviously) eggs and cheese!!! So fucking good. If anyone is in SLC before I move in Aug. We'll hook up and I'll take you there. DG loved it when she was last here.

MAX
04-27-2010, 02:11 PM
It's true I don't really understand the rules. If lobsters and prawns lived on land who would eat them?

I'm sorry Sesh but haggis is fucking awful!!! :barf:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-27-2010, 02:12 PM
So how will cops go about enforcing this law? The governor who signed the bill into law doesn't know the criteria by which to judge an illegal immigrant. Someone here said poor English would be "a warning flag." What if someone is not speaking, just driving in his/her van down to a store to pick up baby diapers or something, just performing mundane chores like this? How can one tell what his/her immigration/citizenship status is? I'm serious.

if any human being on the planet, regardless of skin pigmentation, is in the state of arizona, and is IN THE PROCESS OF COMMITTING A CRIME, the police are required to ask immigration status. you are takin' my "warning flag" out of context a bit. if there is a person from mongolia, who is caught stealing, and can't communicate with the officers, that could be an indicator of an illegal status, especially if his us drivers license is faded and torn, and his ssn number comes back inconclusive. simply an enhancer to questionableness (sp ?) in a given situation. some guy buyin' a beer in a store that can't speak english well, isn't gonna be pulled aside.

MAX
04-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Everyone bitches about "profiling" well and in this day and age, stereotypical behavior encourages it. Examples; A driver all over the road at say 1 am? If a cop spots that, it might be safe to assume the fucktard's been drinkin', no? How about a bright car boomin' Tupac in a gang-infested area where there's been lotsa graffiti or drive byes, is it so horrible for a cop to profile a car that fits such a stereotypical description if it helps to keep a neighborhood safe? If the culprit's are not doing anything wrong then what should they be worried about? If they are pissed for dressing like NWA and being a nuicance, both shame on them and fuck them for wasting the police's valuable time and our tax dollars. Same applies with illegal's. It's a shame that law abiding citizens have to put up with the bullshit cos of the rest sneakin' over the border and pulling this crap. Unfortunately, it makes the situation shitty for everyone.

Regardless and as for the libby's whining and crying about it whilst throwing bottles at the police as they rioted in Arizona, I'd love to toss them a steaming hot cup of shut the fuck up and tell me the solution?

Welcome to the 21'st Century folks and I hate to tell you but this shit is only going to get worse unless immigration gets a serious makeover. Lastly and before some of you start hucking rocks my way, one of my best friends is a border patrolman by choice. He had a very cushy job as a air marshall but gave up the $$$ and promotion to get back on the field. After the stories he's told me (most of them are sad ones) he feels a responsibility to stop the illegal activity.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
and the fuckfaces who smeared refried beans in the shape of swastikas on the capitol building, are you fucking kidding me?

MAX
04-27-2010, 02:44 PM
and the fuckfaces who smeared refried beans in the shape of swastikas on the capitol building, are you fucking kidding me?

Yeah, that was bullshit!!! Yet, the whiny's (my new name for 'em and they know who the are and represent) claims the only violent one's are the tea baggers? :rolleyes:

Blackflag
04-27-2010, 02:51 PM
I love refritos.

MAX
04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
What are those? :confused:

Blackflag
04-27-2010, 03:04 PM
I think that's what George Bush calls refried beans...

MAX
04-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Yeah, just looked 'em up. Guess that's what some people call them? I love them as well. Especially the authentic one's cooked with lard.

chefcraig
04-27-2010, 03:09 PM
I think that's what George Bush Sr. calls refried beans...

The little brown ones. :biggrin:

sadaist
04-27-2010, 03:29 PM
All this talk of chorizo, I wonder if we get rid of all the Mexicans that are here illegally how it will impact the food we are able to get.

Back to the new AZ law, I'm wondering how this is different than all of the border checkpoints set up all over the southern states. In Southern CA, most major freeways have several border checkpoints. All traffic is stopped and 4+ border patrol agents stand in the lanes. They ask each driver of each vehicle what their citizenship is. "US" I always reply, then I get the wave through. These guys are trained to look for suspicious people and know what to look for & who to flag over into secondary for further questioning. Why are people not up in arms about this? What exactly is the difference now that law enforcement officers will be afforded the same tools as these border patrol agents?

The border checkpoints don't run 24 hours a day. Many times they are closed...or open meaning you just cruise through at freeway speeds. They don't have a set schedule of when they perform stops or allow free flow traffic.

Anonymous
04-27-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm sorry Sesh but haggis is fucking awful!!! :barf:

You're crazy. I LOOOOVE haggis.

SOUNDS disgusting, when someone tells you what it is... but it's so damn good, Jaysus Krist...

Cheers! :bottle:

Blackflag
04-27-2010, 06:06 PM
All this talk of chorizo, I wonder if we get rid of all the Mexicans that are here illegally how it will impact the food we are able to get.

Back to the new AZ law, I'm wondering how this is different than all of the border checkpoints set up all over the southern states. In Southern CA, most major freeways have several border checkpoints. All traffic is stopped and 4+ border patrol agents stand in the lanes. They ask each driver of each vehicle what their citizenship is. "US" I always reply, then I get the wave through. These guys are trained to look for suspicious people and know what to look for & who to flag over into secondary for further questioning. Why are people not up in arms about this? What exactly is the difference now that law enforcement officers will be afforded the same tools as these border patrol agents?

The border checkpoints don't run 24 hours a day. Many times they are closed...or open meaning you just cruise through at freeway speeds. They don't have a set schedule of when they perform stops or allow free flow traffic.

If I'm crossing the border - sure, check my ID to make sure I'm American. I have no problem with that. Makes sense.

But if I'm walking down the street in Yakima, minding my own business, and I haven't done anything wrong? Leave me the fuck alone and don't ask me for my ID.

sadaist
04-27-2010, 08:36 PM
If I'm crossing the border - sure, check my ID to make sure I'm American. I have no problem with that. Makes sense.

But if I'm walking down the street in Yakima, minding my own business, and I haven't done anything wrong? Leave me the fuck alone and don't ask me for my ID.

The border checkpoints I'm speaking of are no where near the border. There is one on I-15 north of Escondido...a good 45 miles north of the border. There are others on I-5 & I-8, again no where near the border. These are checkpoints the border patrol has to look for illegals & smuggling. When operating, they stop every vehicle, eye the driver and either wave you through or have you go into secondary.

Read this. This checkpoint is near where I live.

http://home.znet.com/schester/fallbrook/issues/temecula_checkpoint.html

Blackflag
04-27-2010, 11:55 PM
The border checkpoints I'm speaking of are no where near the border.

Then it sounds like California's shitty DUI checkpoints, and their fireworks checkpoints - and I don't like any of them.

No probable cause = leave me the fuck alone.

sadaist
04-28-2010, 12:24 AM
Then it sounds like California's shitty DUI checkpoints, and their fireworks checkpoints - and I don't like any of them.

No probable cause = leave me the fuck alone.

Yeah. Funny thing, one night my girlfriend & I were coming north a few miles before the checkpoint. Some other driver was loaded out of his mind. Swerving, almost went off the road several times, & nearly took out a bunch of other drivers. We called 911. We stayed behind him and hit the checkpoint before the CHP got there. Girlfriend got out & ran up the line of cars screaming "Don't Let Him Through!!!". They saw how sauced he was & made him wait in his car in secondary for at least 45 minutes until CHP arrived to test him. We had to wait too & give statements. He was arrested & no one was hurt. But this checkpoint & it's employees couldn't do shit about it. Real cops had to be summoned.

And this law passed in AZ seems nothing new, in fact mirroring current Federal laws. It just gives the local authorities the power to enforce what the others are unable (or unwilling) to do.

People are up in arms protesting the enforcement and enforcers of the federal law. Their anger is misdirected. Change the law, don't complain about the enforcement of it.

Blackflag
04-28-2010, 12:31 AM
I hope you're not trying to sell me on DUI checkpoints.

FORD
04-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Let's have some common fucking sense solutions (which the Brewer/Arpaio/Pearce/Hitler plan is NOT)...

1) Arrest the employers who hire undocumented aliens. Nobody is going to come here looking for work, if there isn't any to find.

2) Legalize all drugs. Treat addiction as a health problem, not a criminal problem (subject for another thread) and put the smugglers out of business for good. Nobody really likes that Mexican dirt weed anyway.

GAR
04-29-2010, 01:09 AM
The Mexican Travel Bureau is advising all Mexican citizens who travel or reside in the state of Arizona to return, or leave just that state.

Blackflag
04-29-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm sure Arizona is really upset about that.

jhale667
04-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Let's have some common fucking sense solutions (which the Brewer/Arpaio/Pearce/Hitler plan is NOT)...

1) Arrest the employers who hire undocumented aliens. Nobody is going to come here looking for work, if there isn't any to find.

2) Legalize all drugs. Treat addiction as a health problem, not a criminal problem (subject for another thread) and put the smugglers out of business for good. Nobody really likes that Mexican dirt weed anyway.

That's the only way anything is ever going to change.

GAR
04-29-2010, 02:40 AM
There was this guy on the news from the Latino Something-Something Council on Someshit which I care nothing about, except for the absolute falsehoods he reiterated:

"Undocumented workers do not hurt anyone."
"They are good members of the community."
"They do not cause harm or suffering, they only seek a better life"

1. They cost California alone, ten billion dollars a year in overages for the state and local public services they OVERutilize. And THAT directly harms Americans.

2. Once their anchor babies are born, they claim no knowledge of true paternity so they can get state aid, WIC, USDA, and General Relief. And THAT directly harms Americans.

3. They top the list in DUI deaths and citations because they come over the border with their culture of driving drunk, which we lost in the 70's. And THAT directly harms Americans.

4. They effort themselves to have as many children as possible so that GR household check gets additionally higher. And THAT directly harms Americans.

5. They top the list in domestic violence calls draining 911 dispatch and the city further of police because they come over the border with their culture's acceptance of wife-beating. And THAT directly harms Americans.

6. Just ten illegal families with four kids apiece will occupy over half the typical schoolbus, requiring one full additional classroom, one teacher and overtime office administration hours. And THAT directly harms Americans.

7. They top the list of long-term reciipients at local private- and church-ran foodbanks, draining emergency services intended for AMERICANS out of work or in a TEMPORARY bind. And THAT directly harms Americans.

8. They top the list of jaywalkers during rush-hour traffic, glutting your stoplight wait-times and making everyone late for work. And THAT directly harms Americans.

9. They top the list of drug possesion with intent to sell, because they're the ones bringing dope up from Mexico. And THAT directly harms Americans.

10. "Survival of the Fittest" theory applied to illegal immigration states it hurts the USA most because the brain-drain of illegal professionals and those capable enough to actually improve their country for the better, but never will once they get a foothold here in the USA even as their diluted labor wages are found acceptable to what they may earn in their native country, they just never go back home and overhaul their own countries of origin. And because illegal-hiring employers are not penalized, they pay increasingly lower wages and THAT directly harms ALL Americans!

Illegal immigration isn't about race card, but Rev. Al Sharpton is coming to Arizona Friday I believe so he can pick up that dead Racism pony and hitch his fucking pram to it for all the media to fondle..

jhale667
04-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Your #8 is just retarded, but you forgot most importantly, #11 the one that impacts you most personally:

11) They take the shitty jobs that usually only uneducated American LOSERS (and ex-convicts) like YOU -GAyR - are qualified for. :cool:

Seshmeister
04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
I like #6. :)

Did you know that just 13 families with four kids apiece will occupy over half the typical schoolbus, requiring one full additional classroom, one teacher and overtime office administration hours?

Or that just 60 families with two kids apiece will occupy one and a half typical schoolbuses, requiring three full additional classrooms, three teachers and overtime office administration hours?

I did learn that at school and stuff in counting class.

Seshmeister
04-29-2010, 11:29 AM
http://www.richardpettinger.com/economics/clever_exam_answers/exam-answers-6.jpg

BigBadBrian
04-29-2010, 12:02 PM
I like #6. :)

Did you know that just 13 families with four kids apiece will occupy over half the typical schoolbus, requiring one full additional classroom, one teacher and overtime office administration hours?

Or that just 60 families with two kids apiece will occupy one and a half typical schoolbuses, requiring three full additional classrooms, three teachers and overtime office administration hours?

I did learn that at school and stuff in counting class.

We are all so proud of you for graduating "counting class" last year! Well done!!!

FORD
04-29-2010, 12:53 PM
We are all so proud of you for graduating "counting class" last year! Well done!!!

Ironic that you would post in these threads with a picture of Mr. Amnesty himself, Ronald "cheap labor" Reagan. ;)

Seshmeister
04-29-2010, 01:02 PM

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0903/you-sir-jack-bauer-24-weak-demotivational-poster-1236128158.jpg

jhale667
04-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Cute how BlandBitchBrie has such (irrational, unfounded, idiotic, etc) hatred for Obama, yet his current avatar is of (besides W.) the WORST PRESIDENT EVER...

FORD
04-29-2010, 06:17 PM
The Dupnik rebellion: Pima's top cop says "no" to SB 1070

Reporters: Steve Nunez and Forrest Carr

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Pima County's top lawman says he has no intention of enforcing Arizona's controversial crackdown on illegal immigration. Sheriff Clarence Dupnik calls SB 1070 "racist," "disgusting," and "unnecessary."

Speaking Tuesday morning with KGUN9's Steve Nunez, Dupnik made it clear that while he will not comply with the provisions of the new law, nor will he let illegal immigrants go free. "We're going to keep doing what we've been doing all along," Dupnik said. "We're going to stop and detain these people for the Border Patrol."

The sheriff acknowledged that this course of action could get him hauled into court. SB 1070 allows citizens to sue any law enforcement official who doesn't comply with the law. But Dupnik told Nunez that SB 1070 would force his deputies to adopt racial profiling as an enforcement tactic, which Dupnik says could also get him sued. "So we're kind of in a damned if we do, damned if we don't situation. It's just a stupid law."

Dupnik had harsh words for anyone who thinks SB 1070 will not lead to racial profiling. "If I tell my people to go out and look for A, B, and C, they're going to do it. They'll find some flimsy excuse like a tail light that's not working as a basis for a stop, which is a bunch of baloney."

But if Dupnik feels the law is stupid, its sponsor, State Senator Russell Pearce of Mesa, has the same label for Dupnik. In an e-mail exchange with KGUN9 News, Pearce characterized Dupnik's comments as "the stupidest statement... someone who takes an oath to enforce the law has ever made."

Pearce insisted that SB 1070 prohibits racial profiling. He repeated a phrase he's used in the past, writing, "Illegal is a not a race, it is a crime." And he added, "I guess the 9 Sheriffs who support this bill are racist."

SB 1070 criminalizes illegal immigration. But it will be up to county attorneys to prosecute complaints. That raises an obvious question: will Pima County Attorney Barbara LaWall also refuse to comply with the law? If she joins Dupnik's rebellion, then SB 1070 would be effectively DOA in Pima County.

In answer to that question Tuesday afternoon, LaWall told KGUN9 News that it's too early to tell. LaWall said her position will depend on standards yet to be developed to determine what constitutes "reasonable suspicion" in asking someone for their papers.

SB 1070 is in fact silent on the issue of racial profiling in determining the circumstances under how and when police can stop someone and demand proof of citizenship. When she signed the immigration measure into law on Friday, Governor Jan Brewer also signed an executive order to go with the law. That order requires such standards to be drawn up and for local law enforcement officers to receive training on them. The executive order does not specify what those standards should be, and does not specifically address the issue of racial profiling. But in signing the bill and issuing the order, Brewer stated that she is determined to prevent racial discrimination.

Late Tuesday afternoon, Paul Senseman, spokesman for Governor Jan Brewer, sent KGUN9 this statement in response to a query about Dupnik's stance: "Since the new Arizona law simply regulates immigration the same way that federal law and federal authorities currently regulate, it seems misguided to be angry or react negatively about this bill. Racial profiling is specifically written in the state law to be illegal. No additional documents are needed for anyone in Arizona, other than what federal law currently requires."

The fact that the governor's office was able to get back to KGUN9 News on Tuesday with a response is remarkable, in light of the volume of calls that are pouring in. An office assistant told KGUN9 earlier Tuesday afternoon that over the past five days, the office has received 160,000 phone calls, and is having a hard time keeping up.

KGUN9 has also received very heavy viewer traffic on this issue, although not at that kind of level. E-mails and web postings continue to heavily favor implementation of the law. By viewer request, KGUN9.com is running another "Question of the Day" web poll on this issue. Viewers can find that poll on the KGUN9.com home page, about halfway down on the right, and may cast votes through midnight on Tuesday.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-29-2010, 06:24 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100429/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_immigration_politics;_ylt=AtB6L5ePaDY593JymbQ1j geyFz4D;_ylu=X3oDMTJzczIzcTVoBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwN DI5L3VzX2ltbWlncmF0aW9uX3BvbGl0aWNzBHBvcwM1BHNlYwN 5bl9hcnRpY2xlX3N1bW1hcnlfbGlzdARzbGsDb2JhbWF0YWtlc 2lt

"I don't want us to do something just for the sake of politics that doesn't solve the problem," Obama told reporters Wednesday night aboard Air Force One
:lmao::(:barf::devils:

PETE'S BROTHER
04-29-2010, 07:04 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/04/28/20100428arizona-immigration-law-joe-arpaio-and-sharpton-politico.html

The state's new anti-immigration law, signed by GOP Gov. Jan Brewer last Friday, has reignited the rivalry that plays out in dueling cable appearances and competing quotes in news stories.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/04/28/20100428arizona-immigration-law-joe-arpaio-and-sharpton-politico.html#ixzz0mX7YNBFg

anti-immigration? ha

FORD
04-30-2010, 02:31 PM
By the Time I Get to Arizona

Thursday 29 April 2010

by: William Rivers Pitt, t r u t h o u t | Op-Ed

Rap and hip-hop have never been my cup of tea, for the most part. But ever since the governor of Arizona put pen to paper and officially designated every brown-skinned person in the state to be criminally suspicious the moment they walk out their door, an old Public Enemy song has been running through my head.

I'm countin' down to the day deservin'
Fittin' for a king
I'm waitin' for the time when I can
Get to Arizona ...

"By the Time I Get to Arizona" was written out of rage the last time that state covered itself in disgrace and dishonor by rejecting a holiday celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. The lyrics, which are harshly threatening, essentially advocate getting a group of people together to travel to Arizona and make damned sure MLK gets his day, or else. That never happened, at least not in the way Chuck D envisioned it, and Arizona eventually got its head screwed on straight and gave Dr. King his day, but it's funny how history repeats itself closely enough that old songs become new again. "Read between the lines," the song goes, "Then you see the lie/Politically planned/But understand that's all she wrote/When we see the real side/That hide behind the vote."

Yup. All too familiar.

The thing is, I love Arizona. Fifteen years ago, a friend and I drove to California and had the pleasure of passing through the Painted Desert. We hit Flagstaff in the middle of the night, and at four o'clock that morning, I watched the full moon set and the sun rise while standing on the lip of the Grand Canyon. Nobody anywhere has ever seen more stars than I did that night. I've been drunk on Fat Tire bombers at a Diamondbacks game, helped a little bit with a Democratic Congressional campaign and met some of the best people I've ever known. I spent a year one day in Phoenix Sky Harbor airport, and even that was relatively pleasant.

Just so we know what we're talking about, here is the relevant portion of Arizona's new immigration law as passed by the House, which was the version recently signed by the governor:

FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE, WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON, EXCEPT IF THE DETERMINATION MAY HINDER OR OBSTRUCT AN INVESTIGATION.

In other words, "Show us your papers, you."

There is no doubt that immigration reform in America is among the thorniest political conundrums faced by state and local government, especially out west and along the Mexican border. A lot of East Coast liberals like myself, who live in areas with a fraction of the undocumented population that states like Arizona have, probably need to tread lightly around passing judgment on state governments trying to manage an issue this complicated.

Most of the time, that is. This new Arizona law, however, deserves as much condemnation as can be mustered. Beyond the fact that it is so brazenly unconstitutional that it will likely not survive long, there is the matter of turning an entire race of people - nay, make that a few races of people - into suspected criminals. I am not a rich man, but I'd bet all my worldly possessions that you won't be seeing a lot of Norwegian tourists getting hassled for their papers in Phoenix. This is about brown people, about a breed of racism so virulent that it boggles the mind, and it will do nothing but harm the state itself along with many thousands of innocent people.

History is repeating itself in other ways here, most especially in the political realm. Whatever the reaction may be among rank-and-file Republicans, you have to believe the party bosses in the RNC are hiding under their desks. They've seen this show before. Before the 2006 midterm elections, Sen. Ted Kennedy and Arizona's own John McCain got together to propose a broad immigration reform bill that would have eventually naturalized the millions of undocumented immigrants currently in the country. Right-wing members of the House went berserk, and offered up their own bill that was, in many ways, the birth-mother of this new Arizona law. The ensuing argument over these competing bills caused a deep rift in the Republican ranks, was instrumental in the GOP's '06 midterm debacle and had quite a bit to do with the pasting John McCain took in the 2008 presidential election.

Now that Arizona has thrown more gasoline onto that fire, expect that rift to open up once again. The issue has already claimed the last shreds and tatters of John McCain's alleged integrity; after having worked with Ted Kennedy on a relatively moderate reform package, he has boomeranged to the right in support of this new bill, in order to fend off a surprisingly robust re-election challenge from wing -nut radio host J.D. Hayworth.

Speaking of wing nuts, you have to ask yourself why all those Tea Party anti-government types we've seen holding badly-spelled signs are so quiet about this. After all, granting police the power to stop anyone they "reasonably suspect" to be undocumented is about the most rank intrusion into privacy and personal liberty we've seen come down the pike in a long while. You'd think these champions of the Constitution would be hopping mad, but, thus far, we've heard nothing but crickets from that crew. There have to be a few Hispanic Republicans, right? They probably won't appreciate getting shaken down by a cop because of the color of their skin.

Well, that problem appears to be about to resolve itself. The Hispanic voting community is pretty much the fastest-growing bloc in the nation, and the GOP has been trying for years to court them. With the passage of this new law, you can pretty much scotch that effort. Republican approval of this bill has nailed that door shut, and you can expect massive Latino support for all things Democratic to be a sure-fire mortal lock for at least a couple of generations to come.

This issue strikes to the heart of the American experience, and exposes some rank hypocrisies that shame us all. Whenever you hear someone railing against "illegals," ask them if they like fruit and meat. If they have any of either in their kitchen, you can count on the fingerprints of undocumented workers being all over that food, and all over every other sector of our economy. Ask them why the laborers themselves are worthy of punishment, but not the massive corporations who pad their bottom line by employing them. Ask them if there is any honor in the fact that GOP resistance to naturalization stems primarily from the fear that those new citizens will vote Democratic.

Our immigration policies must be reformed, but not like this. At this point, I can never go to Arizona again, which really bums me out because it is among my favorite places in the world. The law must not be allowed to stand. Period. End of file.

William Rivers Pitt is a New York Times and internationally bestselling author of two books: "War on Iraq: What Team Bush Doesn't Want You to Know" and "The Greatest Sedition Is Silence." His newest book, "House of Ill Repute: Reflections on War, Lies, and America's Ravaged Reputation," is now available from PoliPointPress.
http://www.truthout.org/william-rivers-pitt-by-time-i-get-arizona58992

Blackflag
04-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Just so we know what we're talking about, here is the relevant portion of Arizona's new immigration law as passed by the House, which was the version recently signed by the governor:

FOR ANY LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF THIS STATE OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL OR A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY OF A COUNTY, CITY, TOWN OR OTHER POLITICAL SUBDIVISION OF THIS STATE WHERE REASONABLE SUSPICION EXISTS THAT THE PERSON IS AN ALIEN WHO IS UNLAWFULLY PRESENT IN THE UNITED STATES, A REASONABLE ATTEMPT SHALL BE MADE, WHEN PRACTICABLE, TO DETERMINE THE IMMIGRATION STATUS OF THE PERSON, EXCEPT IF THE DETERMINATION MAY HINDER OR OBSTRUCT AN INVESTIGATION.

In other words, "Show us your papers, you."

This is already the law. The police can ask for your ID during a lawful stop. To me, this is not the part that's problematic. And as usual, ignorant motherfuckers miss the point.

jhale667
04-30-2010, 02:43 PM
That does raise an excellent question - where is the teabagged party's ire in this? Is this not a prime example of a "government out of control" "trampling the constitution/personal liberties" etc. etc.? Gee, think they don't care because the main people the AZ law targets are BROWN? So what if a few (actually LEGAL CITIZEN) brown people get harassed, right? :rolleyes:

Blackflag
04-30-2010, 02:46 PM
That does raise an excellent question - where is the teabagged party's ire in this?

Maybe you should worry less about being on the opposite side of the issue as the "tea party" and form your own position on the issue. The world doesn't revolve around them.

jhale667
04-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Maybe you should worry less about being on the opposite side of the issue as the "tea party" and form your own position on the issue. The world doesn't revolve around them.

Who ever said I don't have a position on immigration? I'm all for deporting illegals, and HARSHLY punishing employers that hire them. But at the same time, you can't declare open season on brown people, stupid. Use your head for something other than a hat-rack, why don't ya?

PETE'S BROTHER
04-30-2010, 03:00 PM
But at the same time, you can't declare open season on brown people, stupid.

this should read"But at the same time, you can't declare open season on brown people. this statement is stupid"

Blackflag
04-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Who ever said I don't have a position on immigration? I'm all for deporting illegals, and HARSHLY punishing employers that hire them.

I don't disagree. It's just weird that you give a fuck what the "tea party" thinks about anything.

But at the same time, you can't declare open season on brown people, stupid. Use your head for something other than a hat-rack, why don't ya?

By the same token, I don't see that asking for somebody's ID/visa during a lawful stop "open season on brown people."

The other part of the law regarding arrest is the part that I think is fucking bullshit. See above (or the twin thread to this one, maybe?).

FORD
04-30-2010, 03:07 PM

There are people on the Teabaggers side who do not like this fucked up law. Tom Tancredo is an avowed racist, and he's spoken out against it. Marco Rubio is the teabagger candidate for Senate in Florida. He has a problem with the law, and for obvious reasons - he's Cuban, and Joe Arpaio would pull his ass over in a heart beat for "looking like an illegal alien". If a law like this passed in Florida, Cuban exiles (and the citizen offspring of Cuban exiles) would probably be the bulk of those arrested in that state.

Blackflag
04-30-2010, 03:10 PM
There are people on the Teabaggers side who do not like this fucked up law. Tom Tancredo is an avowed racist, and he's spoken out against it. Marco Rubio is the teabagger candidate for Senate in Florida. He has a problem with the law, and for obvious reasons - he's Cuban, and Joe Arpaio would pull his ass over in a heart beat for "looking like an illegal alien". If a law like this passed in Florida, Cuban exiles (and the citizen offspring of Cuban exiles) would probably be the bulk of those arrested in that state.

I'm probably more anti-tax than the most militant person in the "tea party"...and I don't like this fucking law, either. We need to stop putting people into little boxes just because it's easier for our weak minds to handle.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-30-2010, 03:11 PM

arrested for what? the color of their skin, or their immigration status?

jhale667
04-30-2010, 03:16 PM
I don't disagree. It's just weird that you give a fuck what the "tea party" thinks about anything.

Probably wouldn't so much, they're kind of a joke - but there's clearly a (larger than anyone will own up to) segment of them that are just racist scumbags hiding behind the (in some -rare- cases admittedly genuine) "concerns" of those who disagree with the government's direction. And the fact that Repukes are fully stoking that element, almost overtly calling for violence against the POTUS, in the hopes that ONE of these nutbags will actually act on it. It's disgusting.

Oh, and though I can't stand her singing - props to Shakira for showing up in AZ yesterday and taunting Arpaio about "not having her papers"...:hee:

FORD
04-30-2010, 03:23 PM
arrested for what? the color of their skin, or their immigration status?

As far as racists like Jan Brewer, RuSSell Pearce, and Joe Arpaio are concerned, its the same thing. Let's face it, Bologna Joe ain't about to pull over the Swedish Bikini Team and ask them to show their papers.

Hell, since Shakira's blonde, she probably wouldn't be pulled over there either, at least until she told him she was Latina.

MAX
04-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Here's a new one...

When any of you have ever been pulled over what does the police officer usually ask you to provide? You do it right? Well, that's all that's going to happen in Arizona. Until people start being pulled over for apparantly being "brown" this is all that's going to happen to them as well.

D'oh and if they don't have a fucking green card or the proper identification. Then they're breaking the fucking law and it's...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsaTElBljOE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jsaTElBljOE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Blackflag
04-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Probably wouldn't so much, they're kind of a joke - but there's clearly a (larger than anyone will own up to) segment of them that are just racist scumbags hiding behind the (in some -rare- cases admittedly genuine) "concerns" of those who disagree with the government's direction. And the fact that Repukes are fully stoking that element, almost overtly calling for violence against the POTUS, in the hopes that ONE of these nutbags will actually act on it. It's disgusting.

And crazy people threatened Bush, too. That there are crazy people in the world has nothing to do with this issue.

Oh, and though I can't stand her singing - props to Shakira for showing up in AZ yesterday and taunting Arpaio about "not having her papers"...:hee:

Because our laws are just a big fucking joke now? If I were in Columbia, they'd ask me for my papers. I've been in foreign countries before, I've been stopped and asked for my visa - no reasonable suspicion of anything, not incident to a lawful stop - sometimes just because of how I look. I don't like it, but I comply, because I'm a guest in their fucking country. It's their problem if they choose not to have a Fourth Amendment in their private shithole. And I'm glad to get back to the U.S. where there is a Fourth Amendment.

But don't tell me it's "wrong" to check somebody's citizenship status if it's incident to a lawful stop. Or that it's cool for people to thumb their nose at our laws. I haven't heard one person here (or in my real world) say they dislike immigrants. They just dislike people who shit on the rules.

Blackflag
04-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Shakira. :eatit:

jhale667
04-30-2010, 05:55 PM
And crazy people threatened Bush, too. That there are crazy people in the world has nothing to do with this issue.

I don't recall any Facebook groups praying for Chimpy's death.

And yes, as long as Shakira doesn't sing - :eatit:

Blackflag
04-30-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't recall any Facebook groups praying for Chimpy's death.

They were burning Bush effigy's in the street, and more. I remember a protester's sign with Bush's head in a bullseye. Get over it. Separate your mancrush on Barack and concentrate on this topic. Focus!

Blackflag
04-30-2010, 06:01 PM
And yes, as long as Shakira doesn't sing - :eatit:

I don't mind the singing. It usually means she's dancing.

sadaist
04-30-2010, 06:30 PM
They were burning Bush effigy's in the street, and more. I remember a protester's sign with Bush's head in a bullseye. Get over it. Separate your mancrush on Barack and concentrate on this topic. Focus!

I remember. It wasn't all that long ago. Bush was by far the most disrespected President (or any public figure) we have seen in our lifetimes. Not going to debate whether some here believed he deserved that honor or not, just the fact that a lot worse was said & done to him in protests. Protests of Barack haven't even scratched that surface yet.

jhale667
04-30-2010, 06:36 PM

Uh, you're the resident mancrush-king, dude. :hee:
Burning in effigy is an accepted form of protest. Never saw the bullseye sign you mention, but that's crap if it happened, too. But what's going on now is far more blatant, and you know it.

Blackflag
04-30-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm not going to argue with you whether people hate Bush or Barack more, because it has zero to do with this thread.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-30-2010, 06:50 PM
I remember. It wasn't all that long ago. Bush was by far the most disrespected President (or any public figure) we have seen in our lifetimes. Not going to debate whether some here believed he deserved that honor or not, just the fact that a lot worse was said & done to him in protests. Protests of Barack haven't even scratched that surface yet.

if ya criticize or disrespect him, you are racist.

FORD
04-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Just for the record, Frau Brewer is the only border state governor who will sign this racist Nazi filth type of law.

Rick Perry (a BCE flunkie, no less) said he would never do this in Texas.

Herr Governator Schwarzenegger, an immigrant himself, (and the son of an Austrian Nazi guard) definitely knows better. And Bill Richardson, the son of immigrants who spent much of his early life in Mexico, knows more on the subject than Brewer, Pearce, Arpaio and the MinuteKlan combined.

So if Arizona had a lieutenant governor (like any other goddamn state) who would have taken Janet's place when she got a federal gig, this fascism would have never gone anywhere outside white supremacist Pearce's empty Mormon skull.

sadaist
04-30-2010, 09:13 PM
...this racist Nazi filth type of law.

It is simply a mirror of the federal law. Giving the state authorities the same power that the federal authorities currently have, yet fail to enforce. Where was the outrage to the federal law?

FORD
04-30-2010, 10:18 PM
<embed name="msnbc6d40fe" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=36862136&width=420&height=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="opaque" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

GAR
05-01-2010, 12:35 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs102.snc3/15007_112328945469983_100000786357097_90348_689984 1_n.jpg

GAR
05-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Just for the record, Frau Brewer is the only border state governor who will sign this racist Nazi filth type of law.

IF you read the AZ law you would find it is a duplicate of the Federal law, to be enacted on the local level my mentally-defective subgenious!

Blackflag
05-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Ford, in your world, is the only way to prove you're not a racist to never inquire who's here illegally?

GAR
05-01-2010, 03:58 AM
He likes to react to what PMSNBC says the bill will do, without even having looked at the bill.. http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/summary/s.1070pshs.doc.htm

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/49leg/2r/summary/1070PSHS.DOC_files/image001.gifAssigned to PSHS FOR COMMITTEE

ARIZONA STATE SENATE

Forty-ninth Legislature, Second Regular Session

FACT SHEET FOR S.B. 1070

immigration; law enforcement; safe neighborhoods

Purpose

Requires officials and agencies of the state and political subdivisions to fully comply with and assist in the enforcement of federal immigration laws and gives county attorneys subpoena power in certain investigations of employers. Establishes crimes involving trespassing by illegal aliens, stopping to hire or soliciting work under specified circumstances, and transporting, harboring or concealing unlawful aliens, and their respective penalties.

Background

Federal law provides that any alien who 1) enters or attempts to enter the U.S. at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, 2) eludes examination by immigration officers, or 3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the U.S. by a willfully false or misleading representation is guilty of improper entry by an alien. For the first commission of the offense, the person is fined, imprisoned up to six months, or both, and for a subsequent offense, is fined, imprisoned up to 2 years, or both (8 U.S.C. § 1325).

The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is the primary authority for enforcing immigration laws. ICE was created in March 2003 as an investigative branch of the Department of Homeland Security. ICE was the result of combining the Immigration and Naturalization Service and the U.S. Customs Service.

Current statute defines criminal trespass in the first degree as a person knowingly entering or remaining unlawfully in areas related to residential structures, residential yards, real property subject to a valid mineral claim or lease under certain circumstances, property if the person defaces religious symbols or religious property, or critical public service facilities. Depending on the circumstances, criminal trespass in the first degree provides penalties ranging from a class 1 misdemeanor to a class 6 felony (A.R.S. § 13-1504).

In 2007, Arizona enacted the Legal Arizona Workers Act (LAWA), prohibiting an employer from knowingly or intentionally employing an unauthorized alien and establishing penalties for employers in violation. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office administers the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements (SAVE) Program. The SAVE Program, together with the Social Security Administration (SSA), administers E-Verify, which allows employers to electronically confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. LAWA requires all Arizona employers to use E-Verify to verify the employment eligibility of new hires. Proof of verifying the employment authorization of an employee through E-Verify creates a rebuttable presumption that an employer did not intentionally or knowingly employ an unauthorized alien.
The fiscal impact is unknown; however, there may be additional costs associated with criminal prosecution and detention of persons who are accused and convicted of the crimes established in this legislation. Additionally, the addition of new fines associated with this measure may also have an impact.

Provisions

Enforcement

1. Requires a reasonable attempt to be made to determine the immigration status of a person during any legitimate contact made by an official or agency of the state or a county, city, town or political subdivision (political subdivision) if reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the U.S.

2. Requires the person’s immigration status to be verified with the federal government pursuant to federal law.

3. Requires an alien unlawfully present in the U.S. who is convicted of a violation of state or local law to be transferred immediately to the custody of ICE or Customs and Border Protection, on discharge from imprisonment or assessment of any fine that is imposed.

4. Allows a law enforcement agency to securely transport an alien who is unlawfully present in the U.S. and who is in the agency’s custody to:
a) a federal facility in this state or
b) any other point of transfer into federal custody that is outside the jurisdiction of the law enforcement agency.

5. Allows a law enforcement officer, without a warrant, to arrest a person if the officer has probable cause to believe that the person has committed any public offense that makes the person removable from the U.S.

6. Prohibits officials or agencies of the state and political subdivisions from being prevented or restricted from sending, receiving or maintaining an individual’s immigration status information or exchanging that information with any other governmental entity for the following official purposes:
a) determining eligibility for any public benefit, service or license provided by any federal, state, local or other political subdivision of this state;
b) verifying any claim of residence or domicile if that verification is required under state law or a judicial order issued pursuant to a civil or criminal proceeding in the state;
c) confirming a detainee’s identity; and
d) if the person is an alien, determining whether the person is in compliance with federal alien registration laws.

7. Disallows officials or agencies of the state or political subdivisions from adopting or implementing policies that limit immigration enforcement to less than the full extent permitted by federal law, and allows a person to bring an action in superior court to challenge an official or agency that does so.

8. Requires the court, if there is a judicial finding that an entity has committed a violation, to order any of the following:
a) that the plaintiff recover court costs and attorney fees;
b) that the defendant pay a civil penalty of not less than $1,000 and not more than $5,000 for each day that the policy has remained in effect after the filing of the action.

9. Requires the court to collect and remit the civil penalty to the Department of Public Safety (DPS), which must establish a special subaccount for the monies in the account established for the Gang and Immigration Intelligence Team Enforcement Mission (GIITEM) appropriation.

10. Specifies that law enforcement officers are indemnified by their agencies against reasonable costs and expenses, including attorney fees, incurred by the officer in connection with any action, suit or proceeding brought pursuant to this statute to which the officer may be a party by reason of the officer being or having been a member of the law enforcement agency, except in relation to matters in which the officer is adjudged to have acted in bad faith.

Trespassing by Illegal Aliens

11. Specifies that, in addition to any violation of federal law, a person is guilty of trespassing if the person is:
a) present on any public or private land in the state and
b) is not carrying his or her alien registration card or has willfully failed to register.

12. Requires, in the enforcement of this statute, the final determination of an alien’s immigration status to be determined by:
a) a law enforcement officer who is authorized to verify or ascertain an alien’s immigration status or
b) a law enforcement officer or agency communicating with ICE or the U.S. Border Protection.

13. Stipulates that a person is not eligible for suspension or commutation of sentence or release on any basis until the sentence imposed is served.

14. Directs the person to pay jail costs and an additional assessment of at least $500 for the first violation or at least $1,000 for subsequent offenses.

15. Requires the court to collect and remit the assessments to DPS for the special GIITEM subaccount.

16. Specifies that the trespassing statute does not apply to a person who maintains authorization from the federal government to remain in the U.S.

17. Classifies the violation as follows:
a) a class 2 felony if the person commits the violation while in possession of a dangerous drug, precursor chemicals used in the manufacturing of methamphetamine, a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument or property that is used for committing an act of terrorism;
b) a class 4 felony for a second or subsequent offense or if the person, within 60 months before the violation, accepted a voluntary removal from the U.S. or has been deported;
c) a class 1 misdemeanor in all other cases.

Unlawful Stopping and Solicitation of Work

18. Specifies that it is unlawful, if a motor vehicle is stopped on a street, roadway or highway and blocks or impedes the normal movement of traffic:
a) for a motor vehicle occupant to attempt to hire or hire and pick up passengers for work at a different location;
b) for a person to enter the motor vehicle in order to be hired by a motor vehicle occupant and to be transported to work at a different location.

19. Stipulates that it is unlawful for a person who is unlawfully present in the U.S. and who is an unauthorized alien to knowingly apply for work, solicit work in a public place or perform work as an employee or independent contractor in Arizona.

20. Classifies these offenses as class 1 misdemeanors.

21. Defines solicit and unauthorized alien.

Unlawful Transporting

22. Specifies that it is unlawful for a person to do or attempt to do the following if the person knows or recklessly disregards the fact that the alien has come to, has entered or remains in the U.S. in violation of law:
a) transport or move an alien in Arizona in a means of transportation;
b) conceal, harbor or shield an alien from detection in any place in Arizona, including any building or means of transportation.

23. Stipulates it is unlawful to encourage or induce an alien to come to or reside in Arizona if the person knows or recklessly disregards the fact that such coming to, entering or residing in this state is or will be in violation of law.

24. Subjects a means of transportation used in the commission of a violation to mandatory vehicle immobilization or impoundment.

25. Classifies these offenses as class 1 misdemeanors and subjects offenders to fines of at least $1,000, except that a violation that involves 10 or more illegal aliens is a class 6 felony with a fine of at least $1,000 for each alien who is involved.

Investigations of Employers

26. Allows the county attorney, in investigations of employers who are alleged to have knowingly or intentionally hired unauthorized aliens, to take evidence, administer oaths or affirmations, issue subpoenas requiring attendance and testimony of witnesses and cause depositions to be taken.

27. Exempts proceedings held during the course of a confidential investigation from open meeting laws.

28. Stipulates that an employer is not entrapped in an investigation if the employer was predisposed to knowingly or intentionally employ an unauthorized alien and law enforcement officers or their agents merely provided the employer with an opportunity to do so.

29. States that it is not entrapment for law enforcement officers or their agents merely to use a ruse or to conceal their identities.

30. Directs employers to keep verification records of their employees’ work eligibility through E-Verify.

31. Establishes a class 3 felony for failing to:
a) verify employment eligibility through E-Verify or
b) keep records of verifications.

Miscellaneous

32. Specifies that monies in the special GIITEM subaccount are subject to legislative appropriation for distribution for gang and immigration enforcement and for county jail reimbursement costs relating to immigration.

33. Stipulates that the terms of the act regarding immigration have the meanings given to them under federal immigration law.

34. Requires the act to be implemented in a manner consistent with federal laws regulating immigration, protecting the civil rights of all persons and respecting the privileges and immunities of U.S. citizens.

35. Contains intent and severability clauses.

36. Titles the legislation the “Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act.”

37. Makes conforming changes.

38. Becomes effective on the general effective date.

Prepared by Senate Research
January 15, 2010
AO/ly

GAR
05-01-2010, 04:00 AM
OK someone tell me where the racist agenda is in this thing? Because I only know what Fox News told me was in it, so I have to go on that because like FRODO I'm too lazy to read what I just posted.

Nitro Express
05-01-2010, 04:19 AM
I have a friend who lives in southern Arizona and it's gotten out of control down there due to the US Federal Government not doing it's job on the border. The state finally had to do something. The Democrat politicians wants the illegals to come in because if they get an amnesty bill passed, the will hold onto their power. The business owners want the cheap labor. Heck, I think certain government agencies are financing themselves with drug money so they need the drugs to come in. In other words the fat cats want an open border but the people who live on it are dealing with the crime, the killings, and the caos.

BigBadBrian
05-01-2010, 11:48 AM

It's not about race. You guys are sounding like a broken record..... "racism," "racism," "racism," "racism," "racism!" You guys will have to do better.

FORD
05-01-2010, 02:16 PM
EXCLUSIVE: Email From Author Of Arizona Law Reveals Intent To Cast Wide Net Against Latinos

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/kobach-1.jpg
Kristopher K. Kobach of the Immigration Reform Law Institute.

Yesterday, Arizona lawmakers made a handful of changes to the immigration bill Gov. Jan Brewer (R-AZ) recently signed into effect that appear to be in response to many of the criticisms aimed at the bill. One of those changes replaces the phrase “lawful contact” with “lawful stop, detention or arrest” to “apparently clarify that officers don’t need to question a victim or witness about their legal status.” However, the legislature also implemented a third change that some call “frightening.” As part of the amended bill, a police officer responding to city ordinance violations would also be required to determine the immigration status of an individual they have reasonable suspicion of being an undocumented immigrant.

Wonk Room recently obtained an email written by Kris Kobach, a lawyer at the Immigration Reform Law Institute — the group which credits itself with writing the bill — to Arizona state Sen. Russell Pierce (R), urging him to include language that will allow police to use city ordinance violations such as “cars on blocks in the yard” as an excuse to “initiate quieries” in light of the “lawful contact” deletion:

To begin with, Kobach’s correspondence affirms that though the bill was proposed and passed in Arizona, the shots are being called by a small group of lawyers whose office is based in Washington, DC. It also indicates that after vigorously defending his bill and its “lawful contact provision” in the New York Times, Kobach may have had second thoughts about the constitutionality of the bill he prides himself with writing.

More importantly, Kobach is basically admitting to Pearce that by allowing police to use the violation of “any county or municipal ordinance” as a basis for inquiring about a person’s immigration status, the bill will still cast a wide enough net to help offset the effect of omitting the “lawful contact” language which would’ve allowed police to ask just about anyone they encounter about their immigration status. The examples Kobach provides, “cars on blocks in the yard” or “too many occupants of a rental accommodation,” suggest that net will mostly end up being cast over the poor.

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2010/04/30/kris-kobach-email/

Blackflag
05-01-2010, 02:25 PM
What? That doesn't say anything about latinos.

chefcraig
05-01-2010, 02:49 PM
What? That doesn't say anything about latinos.

Really. The phrases “cars on blocks in the yard” or “too many occupants of a rental accommodation” could apply just as easily to hillbillies, weekend hotrodding enthusiasts or college students at a frat party.

ELVIS
05-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Or niggaz in da hood...

:elvis:

Nitro Express
05-01-2010, 03:21 PM
They have played the racism angle to death. They are still stuck in the 1960's. There will always be some racism in the world. Try being white in the wrong neighborhood and see what happens but that being said, it's way better than it used to be. I can remember being a kid going up to Yankee Stadium with my dad and we got off at the wrong subway stop in Harlem. My dad is trying to figure out how to get back on the right train and some black dude helped my dad out, gave him a bunch of tokens and said,"Now get out of here whitey, it's dangerous for you to be here!" The same place Bill Clinton has an office now.

Nitro Express
05-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Try having open immigration in your home and see what happens. Just let anyone who wants to come in, come in. Keep the door open. See what happens. Same thing. I guess if you don't want to be raped, robbed, and murdered, you are a racist.

FORD
05-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Two well known serial killers came from my state. They were both white. Both Republicans too. The Bush Criminal Empire are (mostly) white Republican criminals, drug dealers, and mass murderers.

Does that mean we should round up all the white Republicans?

ELVIS
05-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Is Obama BCE ??

kwame k
05-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Two well known serial killers came from my state. They were both white. Both Republicans too. The Bush Criminal Empire are (mostly) white Republican criminals, drug dealers, and mass murderers.

Fuck yeah we should! Enslave those bastards, too :biggrin:

kwame k
05-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Is Obama BCE ??

Of course he is........Barack Controls Everything!

FORD
05-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Is Obama BCE ??

Is Obama a white Republican?

chefcraig
05-01-2010, 05:29 PM

Depends upon who you ask.

sadaist
05-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Depends upon who you ask.

True. Perception varies greatly. Remember when Rev Jackson was overheard saying he would cut Obamas balls off for talking down to blacks? You can't please all the people all the time.

FORD
05-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Well, this is sure interesting.......

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/7/2010/05/500x_0503_graytwitter.jpg

Arizona Republican Leader Follows White Supremacist

Don Black is a Florida-based white supremacist who is deemed so dangerous he's banned from the UK for inciting hatred. Arizona State Senate Majority leader Chuck Gray—a proponent of the recent immigration bill—follows him on Twitter.

StormfrontWPWW (White Pride Worldwide) is the Twitter account for Stormfront, a racist organization that is the latest project of uber-racist Stephen Donald Black, better known as Don Black. He was a Grand Wizard in the KKK and a member of the American Nazi Party. In 1981 he was convicted and jailed for trying to invade the Dominican Republic with a boatload of weapons, in order to set up some kind of utopian state. (He's pictured below, at a conference organized by the infamous white supremacist David Duke.) Stormfront.org, the website he set up on his release from jail, is a hate-filled racist forum.

Its Twitter account is one of 4,819 that Arizona State Senate Majority Leader Chuck Gray follows. (See screenshot.) Stormfront does not reciprocate, however—the group follows no one. Which means that Gray, or whoever is responsible for his Twitter account, sought out the racist organization specifically and decided its tweets were essential reading. Perhaps because they've linked heavily on their feed to stories about the recent Arizona immigration bill and similarly racist-tinged measures in the state to remove teachers with "ethnic" accents from classrooms? Of course, this isn't the first time Arizona's right-wing politicians have been linked with racist groups.

We reached out to Senator Gray's office for comment, but have not heard back as of yet. Governor Jan Brewer's office hasn't returned calls and emails for comment either. There was no answer at the number listed for Don Black, and emails to two addresses went unanswered. Mike Philipsen, a spokesperson for the Arizona Senate Republican Caucus, said he had no comment until he had spoken to Senator Gray. We will update the post with their responses if and when they arrive.

http://gawker.com/5529952/arizona-republican-leader-follows-white-supremacist

Nope, no fucking white supremacist racist fascism to see here...... :rolleyes:

PETE'S BROTHER
05-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Well, this is sure interesting.......

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/7/2010/05/500x_0503_graytwitter.jpg

Arizona Republican Leader Follows White Supremacist

Don Black is a Florida-based white supremacist who is deemed so dangerous he's banned from the UK for inciting hatred. Arizona State Senate Majority leader Chuck Gray—a proponent of the recent immigration bill—follows him on Twitter.

StormfrontWPWW (White Pride Worldwide) is the Twitter account for Stormfront, a racist organization that is the latest project of uber-racist Stephen Donald Black, better known as Don Black. He was a Grand Wizard in the KKK and a member of the American Nazi Party. In 1981 he was convicted and jailed for trying to invade the Dominican Republic with a boatload of weapons, in order to set up some kind of utopian state. (He's pictured below, at a conference organized by the infamous white supremacist David Duke.) Stormfront.org, the website he set up on his release from jail, is a hate-filled racist forum.

Its Twitter account is one of 4,819 that Arizona State Senate Majority Leader Chuck Gray follows. (See screenshot.) Stormfront does not reciprocate, however—the group follows no one. Which means that Gray, or whoever is responsible for his Twitter account, sought out the racist organization specifically and decided its tweets were essential reading. Perhaps because they've linked heavily on their feed to stories about the recent Arizona immigration bill and similarly racist-tinged measures in the state to remove teachers with "ethnic" accents from classrooms? Of course, this isn't the first time Arizona's right-wing politicians have been linked with racist groups.

We reached out to Senator Gray's office for comment, but have not heard back as of yet. Governor Jan Brewer's office hasn't returned calls and emails for comment either. There was no answer at the number listed for Don Black, and emails to two addresses went unanswered. Mike Philipsen, a spokesperson for the Arizona Senate Republican Caucus, said he had no comment until he had spoken to Senator Gray. We will update the post with their responses if and when they arrive.

http://gawker.com/5529952/arizona-republican-leader-follows-white-supremacist

Nope, no fucking white supremacist racist fascism to see here...... :rolleyes:

snoop dogg was too evil for the uk as well. maybe he's just keepin' tabs on people that are out of control and "over the edge".

PETE'S BROTHER
05-03-2010, 06:09 PM
just 'cause i'm following posts in gar's homobuttpirate thread, doesn't mean i agree with the context.

FORD
05-03-2010, 06:13 PM
just 'cause i'm following posts in gar's homobuttpirate thread, doesn't mean i agree with the context.

Not a valid comparison. If you were "following" posts at GAyR's favorite website "Jeff Gannon's shaved head guys who fist without lube.com" and then wrote laws to encourage public fisting, would it be logical to assume that you practiced such activities yourself?

LoungeMachine
05-03-2010, 06:14 PM

Sometimes, yes.

Blackflag
05-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Not a valid comparison. If you were "following" posts at GAyR's favorite website "Jeff Gannon's shaved head guys who fist without lube.com" and then wrote laws to encourage public fisting, would it be logical to assume that you practiced such activities yourself?

No sane polictician would subscribe to a white supremacist "twitter." I don't know the guy, but it's either somebody who created an account for him, or a subscription that happened without his knowledge. You know that, but you're just a fucking troll. Get your head out of your ass, and stop reading "gawker.com."

PETE'S BROTHER
05-03-2010, 06:27 PM

chuck gray does not shave his head tho.

FORD
05-03-2010, 07:30 PM
chuck gray does not shave his head tho.

If he keeps reading Stormfront, it's only a matter of time.

FORD
05-03-2010, 07:33 PM
No sane polictician would subscribe to a white supremacist "twitter." I don't know the guy, but it's either somebody who created an account for him, or a subscription that happened without his knowledge. You know that, but you're just a fucking troll. Get your head out of your ass, and stop reading "gawker.com."

No sane politician would support a law that singles out people based on their skin color either. But this assclown does. And the guy who actually sponsored the bill, Russell Pearce, also has links to white supremacist groups (and I mean besides Joe Arpaio's Nazi Sheriff department, though Pearce did work there)

GAR
05-04-2010, 03:30 AM

Follow me on Twitter! I should setup an account, don't you think?

How long do you bet it takes before I get: 1000 friends etc. ?

I've gotten good at initiating responses here.. maybe it's time to move on, because you folks have gotten really, really predictable since last year.

GAR
05-04-2010, 03:35 AM

Every opposing viewpoint to FORDs earns the title Racist.

I wonder if you work for the DMV or some other state agency where they can't fire the second-to-last white guy in the office, so the ones that dont' constantly attack belittle and mock you try to mediate and convert you to their minority-suffragette philosphy. While they refer to you in the white-cracker-ass sense behind your back. Cuz all you do is tell lies about people you disagree with or whom like me totally disagree with your false propogations.

GAR
05-04-2010, 03:40 AM

That's okay, so long as all white Democrats get rounded up too.. because what will happen is Republicans will defund such a stupid mandate permitting the escape those incarcerated Democrats expected them to provide, yet would allow their base to guilt them into staying in jail while the ACLU raises bail money thru thousand-dollar "Free the Freedom Fighters" plate dinners over the course of ten years and more fundraisers than you can shake a stick at.

jhale667
05-04-2010, 09:36 AM
maybe it's time to move on, because you folks have gotten really, really predictable since last year.

Then I guess you've already predicted the entire site telling you to FUCK OFF. :dafinger:

lesfunk
05-04-2010, 10:34 PM
:umm:

PETE'S BROTHER
05-05-2010, 01:24 PM
The team will be wearing its "Los Suns" jerseys for Wednesday night's Game 2 against the San Antonio Spurs "to honor [the] Latino community and the diversity of our league, the state of Arizona, and our nation." Awesome.
The decision to wear the jerseys came from way up the corporate ladder, as team owner Robert Sarver suggested the team wear their Noche Latina alternates.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Suns-will-wear-Los-Suns-unis-to-honor-Phoenix-?urn=nba,238682

FORD
05-05-2010, 03:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7I5WP9on4

Blackflag
05-05-2010, 03:45 PM
That movie looks awesome.

"Introducing Don Johnson."

LoungeMachine
05-05-2010, 03:52 PM
The team will be wearing its "Los Suns" jerseys for Wednesday night's Game 2 against the San Antonio Spurs "to honor [the] Latino community and the diversity of our league, the state of Arizona, and our nation." Awesome.
The decision to wear the jerseys came from way up the corporate ladder, as team owner Robert Sarver suggested the team wear their Noche Latina alternates.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Suns-will-wear-Los-Suns-unis-to-honor-Phoenix-?urn=nba,238682

Wouldn't it be Los Sols ?!?

PETE'S BROTHER
05-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Wouldn't it be Los Sols ?!?

i believe it should say los we're gonna make a mint from the community sellin' these jerseys during this uproar.

hambon4lif
05-05-2010, 08:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7I5WP9on4Hell Yeah!! I can't wait to see this flick!

GRINDHOUSE MOVIES FUCKING RULE!!!

PETE'S BROTHER
06-11-2011, 02:05 PM
one year later......

by Matt Haldane - Jun. 11, 2011 01:11 AM
The Arizona Republic-12 News Breaking News Team

Demonstrators gathered outside US Airways Center on Friday evening to protest Mexican music icon Vicente Fernandez and his tour sponsored by Budweiser.

Puente, a human rights group, showed up after organizing a boycott against the event. They gathered in lines along the pathway leading up to the main entrance, shouting chants led by men with megaphones.

"It's very sad that an artist like Vicente is a sellout," said Anayanse Garza, a protestor.

Protestors' concern comes from the fact that a large distributor of Budweiser in Arizona, Hensley & Co., is owned by Cindy McCain, Senator John McCain's wife. Protestors believe the money received from events like those put on by Fernandez could come back to support controversial legislation like SB 1070, Arizona's controversial illegal immigration law.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/20110611vicente-fernandez-budwiser-protest-abrk.html#ixzz1OzYS24X1