PDA

View Full Version : Haha Another Scammer Is Trying To Hoodwink The Faithful....err.. I Mean THE GULLIBLE

Hardrock69
04-28-2010, 12:59 PM
NOAH'S ARK HAS BEEN FOUND!!! (again).

Nevermind the fact that the Great Flood happened at MINIMUM 7,000 years ago, and any actual wood dating from that time period would have crumbled to dust by the time of the mythological being known as "Christ":

http://www.livescience.com/history/noahs-ark-discovered-again-100428.html

Noah's Ark Re-Rediscovered

By Benjamin Radford, LiveScience's Bad Science Columnist

posted: 28 April 2010 12:41 pm ET

A Chinese Christian filmmaker claims to have found the final resting place of Noah's Ark on Turkey's Mount Ararat.

Yeung Wing-Cheung says he and a team from Noah's Ark Ministries found the remains of the Ark at an elevation of about 12,000 feet (3,658 meters). They filmed inside the structure and took wood samples that were later analyzed in Iran. He claims the wood was carbon-dated to around the reputed time of Noah's flood, which would be remarkable since organic material should have long since disintegrated in the last 5,000 years.

Yeung said that he is "99 percent certain that it is Noah's Ark based on historical accounts, including the Bible and local beliefs of the people in the area, as well as carbon dating."

While news of the find is making headlines around the world, there's one part of the story that Yeung is conspicuously silent about: He is only the latest in a long line of people who claim to have found Noah's Ark. In fact, there have been at least half a dozen others — all of them funded by Christian organizations — who have claimed final, definitive proof of Noah's Ark. So far none of the claims have proven true.

Noah's Ark is routinely re-discovered, because there are many who fervently want it to be found. Biblical literalists — those who believe that proof of the Bible's events remains to be found — have spent their lives and fortunes trying to scientifically validate their religious beliefs.

There are several reasons why the new claims should be treated with skepticism. For example, Yeung refuses to disclose the location of the find and is instead keeping it a secret. This of course is inherently unscientific; for the claims to be proven, the evidence must be presented to other scientists for peer-review. Nor has the alleged 5,000-year-old wood been made available for independent testing.

Searching for the Ark

There is a long and rich history of Ark finds. Nearly 40 years ago, Violet M. Cummings, author of "Noah's Ark: Fable or Fact?" (Creation-Science Research Center, 1973) claimed — without evidence — that Noah's Ark had been found on Mount Ararat. According to the 1976 book and film "In Search of Noah's Ark," (Scholastic Book Services) "there is now actual photographic evidence that Noah's Ark really does exist.... Scientists have used satellites, computers, and powerful cameras to pinpoint the Ark's exact location on Mt. Ararat." Yet again, no real evidence was offered.

As for why Mt. Ararat, that goes back to Genesis 8:4, which states "...and on the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat."

In February 1993 CBS aired a two-hour primetime special titled, "The Incredible Discovery of Noah's Ark." It included the riveting testimony of a George Jammal, who claimed not only to have personally seen the Ark on Ararat but recovered a piece of it. Unfortunately for believers, it was all a hoax. Jammal was later revealed as a paid actor who had never even been to Turkey and whose piece of the Ark was not an unknown ancient timber but instead modern pine soaked in soy sauce.

In March 2006, a team of researchers found a rock formation on Mount Ararat that might resemble a huge ark, nearly covered in glacial ice. Little came of that claim. But a few months later, in June, a team of archaeologists from the Bible Archaeology Search and Exploration (BASE) Institute, a Christian organization, found yet another rock formation that might be Noah's Ark. This time the Ark was "found" not on Ararat but at 13,000 feet (3,962 meters) in the Elburz Mountains of Iran.

"I can't imagine what it could be if it is not the Ark," said team member Arch Bonnema. They brought back pieces of stone they claim may be petrified wood beams, as well as video footage of the rocky cliffs. Once again the evidence didn't match the hype.

Now Yeung is presenting the world with yet more photographs and videotapes; the cycle begins anew. Yeung's claims may be true, but he will have to offer science, not speculation and secrecy, if he wants the world to believe him.

ELVIS
04-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Did you even read what you posted ??

LoungeMachine
04-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Moving to Non

Seshmeister
04-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Last year the same guy dug up Fred Flintstones car.

Hardrock69
04-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Did you even read what you posted ??

Did you?

kwame k
04-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Cool they found Gilgamesh's boat :)

Anonymous
04-29-2010, 07:13 PM

That nasty little wizard dude from the Smurfs? He had a boat? I don't remember that... what for?

Cheers! :bottle:

Ally_Kat
04-29-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm always skeptical when people claim to have found the ark because...well, how many times have we found the ark?

What does fascinate me is the location above sea level, the age, all that jazz - if legit. But by keeping everything secret, this is looking like a big fake.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-29-2010, 07:18 PM
i forgot about this game http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.videogamecritic.net/images/coleco/smurf__rescue_in_gargamel%27s_castle.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.videogamecritic.net/colecosz.htm&usg=__YHrQVkvZ5g2P_-0TqU2KcyJvNyY=&h=300&w=400&sz=9&hl=en&start=73&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=ZaZ5_wddwwzZCM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGARGAMEL%2527S%2BCAT%26start%3D72%26u m%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D18%26tbs%3Disch: 1

Ally_Kat
04-29-2010, 07:18 PM

http://sharkrobot.com/images/large/shirt_ninjabot_imonaboat_LRG.jpg

kwame k
04-29-2010, 07:22 PM
That nasty little wizard dude from the Smurfs? He had a boat? I don't remember that... what for?

To save all the Smurfs from God's love, silly!

Hardrock69
04-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Yeah, Satan loves them more than God does. :hee:

WACF
04-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Some cool info on what may of caused the "great flood" stories that seem to be in every culture.

http://news.globaltv.com/technology/World%20altering%20collapse%20Canadian%20twice%20m assive%20thought%20Researchers/2667412/story.html

World-altering collapse of Canadian ice dam twice as massive as thought: Researchers

Dutch scientists probing deep layers of peat near the mouth of the Rhine River have shed fresh light on one of prehistoric Canada's most cataclysmic events — the collapse of a glacial ice dam that sent a massive freshwater pulse into the Atlantic Ocean 8,500 years ago, radically altering the Earth's climate.

Remarkably, their findings suggest the catastrophic drainage of ancient Lake Agassiz — a huge meltwater basin that covered nearly half of Canada at the end of the last ice age — sent twice as much water into the sea as previously believed.

Since experts had already estimated the total Agassiz discharge as equivalent to "15 Lake Superiors" — and linked the event to everything from the rise of agriculture in Europe to the ancient flood myths underlying the biblical story of Noah's Ark — the proposed super-sizing of the Canadian gusher promises a deluge of new research into its effects on the world's climate, oceans and shorelines.

Geologists Marc Hijma and Kim Cohen of the Netherlands' Utrecht University dated ancient plant fossils buried in the Rhine River delta near Rotterdam to reconstruct the date and scale of the Lake Agassiz outburst.

They determined that the collapse of a glacial wall near present-day Hudson Strait in northern Canada triggered a two-stage draining of the lake that sent global sea levels soaring by about three metres — "double the size of previous estimates," the authors state in a study published in the latest issue of the journal Geology.

They also pinpointed the date of the flood as 8,450 years ago (plus or minus 44 years) and concluded that a better understanding of the Lake Agassiz discharge is "essential" to predicting the trajectory of contemporary climate change.

"The (Agassiz) event is often seen as an analogue for possible future freshening of the North Atlantic," they state, "and serves as a test case for assessing the sensitivity of ocean circulation to freshwater perturbations in climate models."

The worldwide climate impact of the Agassiz discharge — first described in detail by University of Manitoba geologist James Teller — has become a major focus of international researchers in the past decade.

Dozens of studies have gauged the global effects of the outburst, including findings published last month that linked the sudden drainage to the enduring aridity of the Great Plains of North America.

In 2007, British geologist Chris Turney traced the sudden proliferation of farming across neolithic Europe to an exodus of coastal people moving inland to escape the results of the Agassiz flood.

"It still blows my mind to think that a release of water from Canada could set off a cascade of changes all the way across in Europe," Turney told Canwest News Service at the time. "It just goes to show how people and the environment are intimately linked."

The existence of Lake Agassiz, named for a leading 19th-century geologist, has been known since the late 1800s. Formed as early as 12,000 years ago from the meltwater of retreating glaciers, the lake drained and refilled at least twice, and was encircled by beaches still visible today as sandy ridges throughout Central and Western Canada.

Initially centred around the present Ontario-Manitoba border, Lake Agassiz formed, at its greatest extent, a 1.5-million-square-kilometre freshwater basin — an area larger than present-day Saskatchewan and Manitoba combined.

Lake Winnipeg is considered the last major remnant of what was once Lake Agassiz.

Teller's reconstructions of the lake's dying throes kick-started a worldwide wave of research into what was undoubtedly one of the most awesome natural events in Canadian prehistory.

He found that with the lake at the greatest width and depth ever in its 4,000-year lifespan, the glacier that had dammed Agassiz's northeastern shore broke somewhere along the icebound Hudson Bay about 8,500 years ago.

A huge torrent gushed into the ocean, draining the single greatest body of freshwater that has ever existed on the planet and profoundly altering the salinity, temperature and weather effects of the North Atlantic Ocean.

Some of this country's earliest aboriginal occupants may have even witnessed the epic occurrence since the peopling of Canada roughly coincides with the retreat of the glaciers.

Teller has theorized that Agassiz's final burst caused such a surge of sea water around the world it might have given rise to the Noah's Ark saga and other ancient accounts of massive floods.

"I'm very reluctant to step forward and say I believe there is definitely a link," he told Canwest News Service in 2004. "What I am saying is, here are two interesting things: these stories of a Great Flood, on one hand, and on the other side of the world, at roughly the same time, an outburst of water of gigantic proportions. But the next step, scientifically, is a very tentative one

Read it on Global News: World-altering collapse of Canadian ice dam twice as massive as thought: Researchers

Hardrock69
05-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Very interesting. Yeah, already knew that all ancient cultures had mythology about a great flood that happened in antedeluvian times. Pretty interesting about the Canadian lake.

WACF
05-01-2010, 02:07 AM
There have been some pretty interesting articles lately about Lake Agassiz and it effects of draining into the ocean.

Science has proven that there was a flood...which ties into all the stories...the biblical one being the most grand.

But I find it amazing that there was a factual basis for the stories...but like any small town with a coffee shop we know how stories grow.

I also find it amazing that any Christian can believe a kind and loving God would have wiped out all human beings but Noah and his family.
My mother in law calls it a beautiful story of rebirth...I mentioned the thought of little babies floating on the water because God was angry as anything but rebirth.

We don't talk religion anymore.

Seshmeister
05-01-2010, 05:51 AM
If she does mention it again ask her how the plants survived.

Or just jump around the room pointing at her shouting 'retard retard retard'. :)

As far as the science thing goes do you not think that it would be absolutely amazing if in the whole history of humans there hadn't been a big flood or two?

Sensible Shoes
05-01-2010, 11:26 AM
BTW, I found Jimmy Hoffa but I'm not telling you where.

Anonymous
05-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Or just jump around the room pointing at her shouting 'retard retard retard'. :)

This is your best bet, WACF. Go for it. I would.

As far as the science thing goes do you not think that it would be absolutely amazing if in the whole history of humans there hadn't been a big flood or two?

Caused, no doubt, by the climate changes that were the fault of mankind.

Anonymous
05-01-2010, 11:42 AM
BTW, I found Jimmy Hoffa but I'm not telling you where.

I know where.

Little Texan
05-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Double Post

Little Texan
05-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Some cool info on what may of caused the "great flood" stories that seem to be in every culture.

http://news.globaltv.com/technology/World%20altering%20collapse%20Canadian%20twice%20m assive%20thought%20Researchers/2667412/story.html

World-altering collapse of Canadian ice dam twice as massive as thought: Researchers

Dutch scientists probing deep layers of peat near the mouth of the Rhine River have shed fresh light on one of prehistoric Canada's most cataclysmic events — the collapse of a glacial ice dam that sent a massive freshwater pulse into the Atlantic Ocean 8,500 years ago, radically altering the Earth's climate.

Remarkably, their findings suggest the catastrophic drainage of ancient Lake Agassiz — a huge meltwater basin that covered nearly half of Canada at the end of the last ice age — sent twice as much water into the sea as previously believed.

Since experts had already estimated the total Agassiz discharge as equivalent to "15 Lake Superiors" — and linked the event to everything from the rise of agriculture in Europe to the ancient flood myths underlying the biblical story of Noah's Ark — the proposed super-sizing of the Canadian gusher promises a deluge of new research into its effects on the world's climate, oceans and shorelines.

Geologists Marc Hijma and Kim Cohen of the Netherlands' Utrecht University dated ancient plant fossils buried in the Rhine River delta near Rotterdam to reconstruct the date and scale of the Lake Agassiz outburst.

They determined that the collapse of a glacial wall near present-day Hudson Strait in northern Canada triggered a two-stage draining of the lake that sent global sea levels soaring by about three metres — "double the size of previous estimates," the authors state in a study published in the latest issue of the journal Geology.

They also pinpointed the date of the flood as 8,450 years ago (plus or minus 44 years) and concluded that a better understanding of the Lake Agassiz discharge is "essential" to predicting the trajectory of contemporary climate change.

"The (Agassiz) event is often seen as an analogue for possible future freshening of the North Atlantic," they state, "and serves as a test case for assessing the sensitivity of ocean circulation to freshwater perturbations in climate models."

The worldwide climate impact of the Agassiz discharge — first described in detail by University of Manitoba geologist James Teller — has become a major focus of international researchers in the past decade.

Dozens of studies have gauged the global effects of the outburst, including findings published last month that linked the sudden drainage to the enduring aridity of the Great Plains of North America.

In 2007, British geologist Chris Turney traced the sudden proliferation of farming across neolithic Europe to an exodus of coastal people moving inland to escape the results of the Agassiz flood.

"It still blows my mind to think that a release of water from Canada could set off a cascade of changes all the way across in Europe," Turney told Canwest News Service at the time. "It just goes to show how people and the environment are intimately linked."

The existence of Lake Agassiz, named for a leading 19th-century geologist, has been known since the late 1800s. Formed as early as 12,000 years ago from the meltwater of retreating glaciers, the lake drained and refilled at least twice, and was encircled by beaches still visible today as sandy ridges throughout Central and Western Canada.

Initially centred around the present Ontario-Manitoba border, Lake Agassiz formed, at its greatest extent, a 1.5-million-square-kilometre freshwater basin — an area larger than present-day Saskatchewan and Manitoba combined.

Lake Winnipeg is considered the last major remnant of what was once Lake Agassiz.

Teller's reconstructions of the lake's dying throes kick-started a worldwide wave of research into what was undoubtedly one of the most awesome natural events in Canadian prehistory.

He found that with the lake at the greatest width and depth ever in its 4,000-year lifespan, the glacier that had dammed Agassiz's northeastern shore broke somewhere along the icebound Hudson Bay about 8,500 years ago.

A huge torrent gushed into the ocean, draining the single greatest body of freshwater that has ever existed on the planet and profoundly altering the salinity, temperature and weather effects of the North Atlantic Ocean.

Some of this country's earliest aboriginal occupants may have even witnessed the epic occurrence since the peopling of Canada roughly coincides with the retreat of the glaciers.

Teller has theorized that Agassiz's final burst caused such a surge of sea water around the world it might have given rise to the Noah's Ark saga and other ancient accounts of massive floods.

"I'm very reluctant to step forward and say I believe there is definitely a link," he told Canwest News Service in 2004. "What I am saying is, here are two interesting things: these stories of a Great Flood, on one hand, and on the other side of the world, at roughly the same time, an outburst of water of gigantic proportions. But the next step, scientifically, is a very tentative one

Read it on Global News: World-altering collapse of Canadian ice dam twice as massive as thought: Researchers

The problem with relating this with the Noah flood story is it said in the bible the flood was caused by 40 days and 40 nights of rainfall, and mentioned nothing about an ice dam collapsing. Regardless, I think the story is just that, a story, and it has always come across to me as a bit fairy tale-ish.

Hardrock69
05-01-2010, 07:31 PM
The essence of Christian faith: the belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

chefcraig
05-01-2010, 07:56 PM
The essence of Christian faith: the belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

You left out the ninjas...

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2936/blamb.jpg (http://img293.imageshack.us/i/blamb.jpg/)

Seshmeister
05-01-2010, 08:31 PM

I really hope there is some god character and eternal life and so on if only because I deserve it.

The only thing I am sure about is that the organised religions we have in the world at the moment are complete fucking garbage unfortunately.

Actually to be honest they are surprisingly poor. My iPhone and laptops are pretty fucking good and they were created by people too so you would think that we would be able to come up with some decent religions that weren't so spastic fucking retarded.

WACF
05-01-2010, 09:41 PM
In my mother in laws world everything that exists is because God wants it to...except the bad stuff...that is because of Satan.

As far as the flood thing goes....for some reason I was really interested to see a flood of this magnitude was discovered to have happened...and then to see how it ties into stories in history.

Hardrock69
05-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Other experts are speaking up now, stating that wood was planted on Mt. Ararat in 2008, and that it is definitely a hoax (as if any sane person could believe otherwise):

Too many photos and stuff to copy...just check out the link if you want:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=146941

Hardrock69
05-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Dupe post

Seshmeister
05-02-2010, 10:50 AM
In my mother in laws world everything that exists is because God wants it to...except the bad stuff...that is because of Satan.

As far as the flood thing goes....for some reason I was really interested to see a flood of this magnitude was discovered to have happened...and then to see how it ties into stories in history.

Hah! :)

Ask her who created God.

Little Texan
05-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Hah! :)

Ask her who created God.

That's easy...

Ancient sheepherders with big imaginations! :biggrin:

Hardrock69
05-02-2010, 04:49 PM
:lmao:

chefcraig
05-02-2010, 06:31 PM
That's easy...

Ancient sheepherders with big imaginations! :biggrin:

Rookie sheepherder: Is everyone pointing and laughing at me because I am fucking a sheep?
Longtime sheepherder: No, they are pointing and laughing at you because you chose the ugly one.