PDA

View Full Version : Val's Losing It

LoungeMachine
04-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Read it.

Liked it.

Learned a thing or two about spED that confirmed my opinions of him.

Glossed over 90% of the weight/Jenny bullshit, just to scan all of the spED/Dave/CVH/Wolf stuff.

Also the McKenzie Phillips chapter was interesting.

Taken for what it was, it wasn't a bad read.

:gulp:

discuss.

And no, reading it doesnt make you grow a vagina or suddenly want to watch Oprah.

chefcraig
04-28-2010, 04:25 PM
On first read, I thought this thread was titled "Vai's Losing It", and tuned in hoping that somebody finally had some dirt on the squeaky-clean guitarist Steve Vai.

Rats. :(

Anyway yeah, I read the book when it came out. In a nutshell, she got a job on tv and married Ed, who was first sweet and then not. She starred in a bunch of tv movies that nobody remembers, had a kid and got really fat. She lost the weight, wrote a book and still has not made a film that anyone remembers.

Utterly riveting reading.

Anonymous
04-28-2010, 04:28 PM
And no, reading it doesnt make you grow a vagina

Damn.

And here I was going over my lines to find one that would work on you.

No, no, don't you worry, you'll always have Blackfag. :biggrin:

Cheers! :bottle:

LoungeMachine
04-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Utterly riveting reading.

Certainly not.

However the dealings with spED, and some behind the scenes glimpses of the CASH GRAB / DADDY KNOWS BEST tour was cool.

ThrillsNSpills
04-28-2010, 04:57 PM
And no, reading it doesnt make you grow a vagina or suddenly want to watch Oprah.

Well you're one of the lucky ones then. I made it to chapter five and started bleeding

binnie
04-28-2010, 05:32 PM
You have to be a dedicated Van Halen fan to plan through that shit - kudos Lounge.......

Seshmeister
04-28-2010, 05:35 PM
More dedicated than me for one.

Blackflag
04-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Are there any zombies in it? Gratuitous sex scenes?

MAX
04-28-2010, 05:44 PM

Apparantly she fucked Spielberg.

Blackflag
04-28-2010, 05:45 PM
So I guess that's "yes" to both questions...

MAX
04-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Also the McKenzie Phillips chapter was interesting.

Aren't you friends with her or something? Seriously? :confused:

I liked her on Dr. Drew. I wonder if she's still sober? When she put her doggy to sleep, I almost cried. Now, who has the mangina? lol

ThrillsNSpills
04-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Apparantly she fucked Spielberg.

Perhaps she was the inspiration for E.T.

hambon4lif
04-28-2010, 06:12 PM
I was very disappointed by this book.

I wanted to read that chapter about Dave getting her all coked-up and dizzy, bending her over and giving her some bang-bang........they shouldn't have edited that part out.

.....shows you how pathetic her acting career was if she was desperate enough to let Spielberg tap that ass.

LoungeMachine
04-28-2010, 06:13 PM

What the fuck do you think?

She was married to spED.

LoungeMachine
04-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Aren't you friends with her or something? Seriously? :confused:

lol

I knew her in the early 90's when she was touring with her dad, Scott, and Spanky Mcfarlane. We hung out a few times.

She's actually a really cool chick.

I have a huge love of biographies and autobiographies, especially music and political related.

Fact of the matter is, she didnt exactly come off as "the victim" in this book, she took her lumps.

Whoever ghosted it for her was pretty good.

I want to read Mack's next, and compare it to Papa John and California Dreaming

chefcraig
04-28-2010, 06:26 PM

Not me. The whole "shooting up my daughter and then banging her" situation would be uncomfortable. And if she even thinks about devoting a chapter (or even a paragraph) to Snyder, I really don't wanna know as it would be even more traumatic (let alone be downright creepy) to read about.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/183/dwaynefschneider.jpg (http://img248.imageshack.us/i/dwaynefschneider.jpg/)

MAX
04-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks Lounge.

I knew I'd read that you knew her or were friends with her somewhere. ;)

Seriously, I did like her on Dr. Drew. She seemed nice and not what's been portrayed by the media. Also, I did almost fucking cry like a bebbi when she put her little dog to sleep. I'm a pussy when it comes to animals. However, I do question her claims about Papa John bangin' her? I mean, she made them after he's no longer here to refute said allegations?

Diamondjimi
04-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Certainly not.

However the dealings with spED, and some behind the scenes glimpses of the CASH GRAB / DADDY KNOWS BEST tour was cool.

Well are you gonna spill some beans or do I have to spend 15 standing in the isle of Chapters Books skimming though the good bits? :pullinghair:

hambon4lif
04-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Not me. The whole "shooting up my daughter and then banging her" situation would be traumatic to read, let alone be downright creepy.That was pretty fucking twisted!

I haven't been able to listen to "California Dreamin'" ever since.

Northern Girl
04-28-2010, 06:50 PM

It's definitely a good read...no idea how that woman is still alive...unbelievable!

Nickdfresh
04-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Not me. The whole "shooting up my daughter and then banging her" situation would be uncomfortable. And if she even thinks about devoting a chapter (or even a paragraph) to Snyder, I really don't wanna know as it would be even more traumatic (let alone be downright creepy) to read about.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/183/dwaynefschneider.jpg (http://img248.imageshack.us/i/dwaynefschneider.jpg/)

I was actually thinking the same thing. :)

Bill Lumbergh once made a hysterical post about Val that almost literally made me piss my pants in addition to spitting out beer all over the screen...

GAR
04-29-2010, 01:47 AM
Phantom poo scribblers!

Igosplut
04-29-2010, 05:24 AM
I knew her in the early 90's when she was touring with her dad, Scott, and Spanky Mcfarlane. We hung out a few times.

She's actually a really cool chick.

I have a huge love of biographies and autobiographies, especially music and political related.

Fact of the matter is, she didnt exactly come off as "the victim" in this book, she took her lumps.

Whoever ghosted it for her was pretty good.

I read it last year. Not bad, she doesn't pull any punches on herself between fucking around on Edwierd and stuffing herself. Not something I would of read without the VH connection, but still not bad...

fryingdutchman
04-29-2010, 08:24 AM
I read it when it first came out. It was pretty good....but actually made me DISlike her a little bit more.

She has a second book out now, I believe....

I feel a "Roth Army Book Club" thread is in the offing....

chefcraig
04-29-2010, 08:36 AM
I was actually thinking the same thing. :)

Bill Lumbergh once made a hysterical post about Val that almost literally made me piss my pants in addition to spitting out beer all over the screen...

I remember that thread, I think it was called "Val Speaks". I wish I could find it, as there was some great material included. Some of it mine. :biggrin:

EDIT: Found it! Val Speaks (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?8311-The-Val-Speaks-Thread&highlight=)

Hardrock69
04-29-2010, 01:05 PM
I thought the book lame. It was interesting from a historical standpoint, but I do not care much about what Val thinks, just that she needs to kneel and suck my dick.

thome
04-29-2010, 05:37 PM
I believe I will always have issue with some Val...things....

But on a side note the "4 Braudez" on the new show she will be appearing in are all do-able in a time sequence warp thingie that could be.

Yes /No?

She on the other hand has no issue with me, cause I am.... a, sexy man.

thome
04-29-2010, 08:40 PM
I believe I will always have issue with some Val...things....

But on a side note the "4 Braudez" on the new show she will be appearing in are all do-able in a time sequence warp thingie that could be.

Yes /No?

She on the other hand has no issue with me, cause I am.... a, sexy man.

Nothing personal you sexy sexy girl.( To Val cause no one writes about me) and you all know I am a sexy man)

I like red heads.

With big sexy asses.,...

P.S. I am the sexy -Ass- that walks in the room.

Mutha On !!!

Northern Girl
04-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Her second book was a complete yawn...I don't even remember any of it...sold on ebay immediately after...oh yeah, that's where she was talking about Wolfie, the sex talk, blah blah blah.

She's taking the path of so many women getting older...she's looking for a "lightness of being." As someone who lives that, I can profoundly say she doesn't get it...it's all phoney...she's trying to create another career for herself but it is not authentic. Hopefully her new show won't bomb and she'll stick to acting.