PDA

View Full Version : UFO Bassist Forced To Leave Tour

Jagermeister
05-06-2010, 03:55 PM
British hard rock legends UFO have issued the following update:

"After the show in Bruchsal, Barry Sparks [bass] sadly had to leave the tour to fly home to Arizona where a member of his family is seriously ill. Hannover's Peter Pichl, who played bass on [UFO's] 'The Visitor' album, has immediately travelled to Osnabrück to stand in for Barry for the final three shows of this leg of the tour.

"Our love and best wishes go out to Barry and his family."

UFO will be IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson's guests on Friday, May 21 during Bruce's weekly BBC 6 Music radio program, dubbed "The Bruce Dickinson Friday Rock Show". Listen to the broadcast live via the Internet between 900 p.m. and 1200 a.m. (midnight) U.K. time at BBC.co.uk.

The current lineup continues to consist of the three original members, Phil Mogg (vocals), Paul Raymond (guitar, keyboards), and Andy Parker (drums), as well as American world-class guitarist Vinnie Moore.

Jagermeister
05-06-2010, 03:56 PM
I would really like to see Vinnie Moore live.

WACF
05-06-2010, 04:55 PM
I take it Pete Way is still badly ill...

UFO is one band that is hugely underated in North America...especially canada.

I had never heard of them until I got XM back in '04...and that is a crime.

Jagermeister
05-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I guess.

Hardrock69
05-07-2010, 12:32 AM
I saw them a couple of years ago at the Wildhorse Saloon here in Gnashville. Third time I have seen Vinnie Moore. First time was with Alice Cooper in summer of 1991, second time was solo opening for Michael Schenker at a club in Kansas City in 1999, and then the UFO show. Needless to say, a kickass musician.

Mr Walker
05-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Difficult to find updates on Pete's condition.
From what I understand he's dealing with Cirrhosis and Hep C.

GreenBayLA
05-08-2010, 04:19 AM
Nice avatar Mr Walker
Your signature is lyric from We Belong To The Night.
What do I win?