PDA

View Full Version : ACE FREHLEY Working On Memoir Of His Time In KISS

Jagermeister
05-14-2010, 10:37 AM
According to the Artisan News Service, guitarist Ace Frehley is currently working on a memoir of his time in the seminal rock band KISS.

One of the most popular rock guitarists of the 1970s, Frehley became an inspiration to a generation of guitarists with his lead-guitar prowess and atmospheric Les Paul sound.

Ace Frehley performed with KISS from its inception in 1973 until his first departure in 1982 before rejoining KISS in 1996 for a very successful reunion tour. Frehley's second stint lasted until 2002 as Ace went back to being a solo artist again, but the stories and memories still remain from touring in one of rock and roll's most successful acts of all time.

One the red carpet just before his performance with Slash at the at the sixth annual MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert on May 7 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, Ace Frehley talked about putting his memoir together and how he got help remembering some of his old stories that he might have forgotten.

"It's gonna be memoirs, you know," he said.

"I just turned 59, [so] I think it's about time I start getting the stuff out and writing it down on paper before I forget it.

"It's hard for me to remember a lot of the stuff, so what I've been doing is getting together with people I used to work with, and they usually have better memories of situations than myself. Getting together with old bodyguards... They have the best stories about me... stuff I don't remember."

short vid here< (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3dljbqBYo4)

Jagermeister
05-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Hmmmm!

indeedido
05-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Should be interesting to hear more stories like gluing all the furniture to the ceiling in a hotel room. They took that story and used it in the movie Rock Star.

Also he said he is in the studio already working on a new album. Hopefully it won't be 20years for the Anomaly followup.

Terry
05-15-2010, 07:53 PM
And well Ace should go on the record about his perceptions of what KISS was about...you know, back when KISS mattered. I mean, fuck, Simmons has had several tell-alls about the band.

Could be interesting reading, although I've read so fucking much about the band Frehley might have trouble producing something worthwhile.

Golden AWe
05-15-2010, 08:42 PM
"I'm a plumber!"

Va Beach VH Fan
05-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I will read both this one and Peter's, whenever they come out....

But I agree, both of these books should be much more entertaining that Gene's or whenever Paul writes one.... Ace and Peter won't tow the KISS company line, if you know what I mean...

Terry
05-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Peter's been saying he was gonna write one for years...like, even before the reunion...I could have sworn something did come out, but maybe I just glimpsed an unauthorized biography of Criss in a bookstore.

Frehley and Criss have both given enough interviews about KISS covering the good, bad and ugly that it's hard to imagine what else there is left to tell, though.

Va Beach VH Fan
05-15-2010, 11:11 PM
I beleve Peter's wife wrote one, but Peter is said to be writing his now....