• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

JACKYL: 'When Moonshine And Dynamite Collide' First-Week Sales Revealed

Oh fuck sakes people!

"When Moonshine and Dynamite Collide", the new album from Georgia-based rockers JACKYL, sold 3,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 192 on The Billboard 200 chart.

To celebrate the release of the new album, JACKYL frontman Jesse James Dupree, guitarist Jeff Worley, bassist Roman Glick and drummer Chris Worley have been on a promotional tour, partnering up with radio stations in cities across the South and Midwest. The band has targeted some of its favorite strip clubs in which to throw a series of CD-release parties that are doubling as on-location video shoots for "She's Not A Drug".

Dupree had this to say: "From all of the phone calls that we made to the people that pre-ordered 'When Moonshine And Dynamite Collide' and through these 12 dates of CD-release parties that radio stations up though the Midwest have thrown us and now seeing the first-week chart numbers, the obvious is that people are ready to ROCK!!!!!! PUH-POW!"

"When Moonshine and Dynamite Collide" was released on May 4 via Mighty Loud.

JACKYL has earned two Guinness Book of World Records citations and the designation "The Hardest Working Band in Rock 'N' Roll" for performing 100 shows in 50 days as well as 21 shows in 24 hours. Staying true to its working-band roots, JACKYL is a staple on the summer festival circuit and maintains its commitment to every show being the sonic equivalent to a man being shot out of a cannon.

JACKYL was recently featured on the hit TruTV show "Full Throttle Saloon", which was created and executive produced by Jesse James Dupree, and the band will be headlining an extensive tour through 2010 in support of "When Moonshine and Dynamite Collide".

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qCm6re-RTdc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qCm6re-RTdc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  • Blaze
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Jackie for short, right?
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    sigpic

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4FMNb4Jw2KI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4FMNb4Jw2KI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

That's why I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Didn't Jesse and Nugent spend a night in jail together a few year back ??

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

I heard the song 'Just Like A Negro' on the radio a few weeks ago.

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

JACKYL Frontman Interviewed On 101.7 THE FOX - June 1, 2010

On May 26, Jesse James Dupree of Georgia-based rockers JACKYL was interviewed on Santa Rosa, California's 101.7 The Fox radio station inside the "Less Is More Lounge." Watch the nine-minute chat below.

"When Moonshine and Dynamite Collide", the new album from JACKYL, sold 3,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 192 on The Billboard 200 chart.

To celebrate the release of the new album, Jesse James Dupree, guitarist Jeff Worley, bassist Roman Glick and drummer Chris Worley have been on a promotional tour, partnering up with radio stations in cities across the South and Midwest. The band has targeted some of its favorite strip clubs in which to throw a series of CD-release parties that are doubling as on-location video shoots for "She's Not A Drug".

Dupree had this to say: "From all of the phone calls that we made to the people that pre-ordered 'When Moonshine And Dynamite Collide' and through these 12 dates of CD-release parties that radio stations up though the Midwest have thrown us and now seeing the first-week chart numbers, the obvious is that people are ready to ROCK!!!!!! PUH-POW!"

JACKYL has earned two Guinness Book of World Records citations and the designation "The Hardest Working Band in Rock 'N' Roll" for performing 100 shows in 50 days as well as 21 shows in 24 hours. Staying true to its working-band roots, JACKYL is a staple on the summer festival circuit and maintains its commitment to every show being the sonic equivalent to a man being shot out of a cannon.

JACKYL was recently featured on the hit TruTV show "Full Throttle Saloon", which was created and executive produced by Jesse James Dupree, and the band will be headlining an extensive tour through 2010 in support of "When Moonshine and Dynamite Collide".

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/snTZPcM2lPI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/snTZPcM2lPI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

I was one of the 3,400 that bought it. It is not a bad record; pretty much straight ahead Jackyl. There are some cool ideas on the record. "My Moonshine Kicks Your Cocaine's Ass" is a smoking track. There is another tune on there that is a bluesy type ballad that borders on southern rock but the name escapes me. Kind of sounds like a cross between Skynyrd and Junkyard. I hadn't really kept up with Jackyl since their disappointing second album. I know they have had an album since with a track that AC/DC's Brian Johnson did vocals on. I picked this new one up somewhat out of curiosity and because of a lack of other releases out there, -ie- i didn't have anything better to listen to.
                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

JACKYL: 'She's Not A Drug' Video Released

"She's Not A Drug", the new video from Georgia-based rockers JACKYL, can be viewed below. The song comes off the band's new album, "When Moonshine and Dynamite Collide", which sold 3,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 192 on The Billboard 200 chart.

To celebrate the release of the new CD, Jesse James Dupree, guitarist Jeff Worley, bassist Roman Glick and drummer Chris Worley embarked on a promotional tour, partnering up with radio stations in cities across the South and Midwest. The band targeted some of its favorite strip clubs in which to throw a series of CD-release parties that doubled as on-location video shoots for "She's Not A Drug".

JACKYL was featured on the hit TruTV show "Full Throttle Saloon", which was created and executive produced by Jesse James Dupree.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayKu-7XUIf0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ayKu-7XUIf0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Rock Me Roll Me Jackyl Me off.

That's a kick ass video.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

videos like this one make the world a better place to live in.....

Comment

• Jagermeister
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                        videos like this one make the world a better place to live in.....
                        That chic with the red panties on, shakin her ass while standing on her head is priceless.

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Nice to see Steve-O still working.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• thome
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2005

I mona say sumt'n..
                            Jackyl just recently for some reason was contacted by D of Run D MC the rock and roll hall of fame singer, Rap Icon .

D ( Darryl) wanted to have a few tracks on the recent release, Just Like a Negro. Jesse was completely down with this opportunity. This is a old Mutha's

tune. Mother's Finest. R&B Funk that hits on all cylinders..you musician know more than me I am sure.

I believe thier first Live gig was in Sturgis this years..like a month ago.

My local DJ Johnny Dare is great close friends with Jesse. I don't thing Jesse and D had ever met, more than 2 months ago...I am sure they knew of each other...

Johnny has been playing the studio trac with D on it, since just before Sturgis and it is fenominal. After the live gig at Sturgis, D and Jackyl hit the road, about a five state live tour stopping in NYC Monday night this week then they flew to Kansas City yesterday Tuesday by 6 am morning while Johnny got on the radio and got all the people motivated to get to a warehouse in downtown KC (local bodies for the audience of a live video) yesterday evening they shot a video with directors with film crews and it ended about 2 am last night. This has been put together over a week or 10 days by Jesse, Dare and D, and the others involed.

I have no idea what is happening I am just like some guy and junk, but to the point:

Dare had D and Jesse in the studio this morning at about 7:30 am and they hit the mic's ( think of the time line here folks and how really interesting this all is).

The point again: D and Jesse spent the morning talking about this collaberation and thier childhoods and such and the hr or so is trully some of the finest radio I have ever heard. D said something that struck me he said.... we didn't grow up with rock and roll/ stars we didn't grow up "with" Aerosmith or Run DMC we all grew up together.( paraphrasing)

I am not here to promote anything. I know this is all good, but rarely have I stopped and turned around in my chair leaned over with ear to the radio, my elbows on my knees and really wanted to hear what some very interesting people had to say. I stopped what I was doing and was captivated.

I don't know for sure but Dare usually put the mornings shows up on his site after the morning taping.

If you guys get a chance I hope you give it a listen...http://www.freejohnnydare.com/fjd/

Or don't.... if it even gets posted.

Mutha On..!
                            Last edited by thome; 09-08-2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• thome
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Mar 2005

I want nothing from anyone but watching and listening to things form and come together over the last couple months has helped take some of the BS out of my life and see perhaps some new things . Darryl has a great story and I am happy they got together and all the inteviews I have heard of Darryl over the years

consistently ring of interest and affection for music.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQ0h50Lbgfg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yQ0h50Lbgfg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                              Last edited by thome; 09-08-2010, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...