lucky wilbury
06-04-2004, 12:22 AM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38776

Ray Bradbury rips Michael Moore
'Fahrenheit 451' author says filmmaker stole his title for Bush-bash

Posted: June 3, 2004
5:30 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Author Ray Bradbury has ripped into filmmaker Michael Moore for using the title "Fahrenheit 9/11" for his new Bush-bashing movie, an obvious takeoff on the 84-year-old's science-fiction classic "Fahrenheit 451."

Judging by an interview with the author conducted by the Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter, Bradbury is steamed.

"Michael Moore is a screwed a--hole, that is what I think about that case," Bradbury said according to an English translation of the story. "He stole my title and changed the numbers without ever asking me for permission."

Continued the author: "[Moore] is a horrible human being – horrible human!"

Michael Moore and wife Kathleen Glynn (photo: Oscar.com)

When asked if he agrees with Moore's political positions, Bradbury replied, "That has nothing to do with it. He copied my title; that is what happened. That has nothing to do with my political opinions."

According to the Swedish daily, Bradbury said he had tried to discuss the issue with Moore several months ago, but that the director avoided him.

"I called his publisher. They promised he would call me the same afternoon, but he didn't," Bradbury is quoted as saying.

The author also claimed Moore ruined Wesley Clark's chances of being president with a "kiss of death." When the filmmaker charged President Bush with reneging on his military service, Bradbury explained, the former general should have distanced himself.

"He slandered the president to General Clark, and Clark allowed him to do it," Bradbury said. "Clark should have said: 'Don't say that. It is not true.' That day Clark lost his chance to become president."

Bradbury dismissed any chance of the title being changed at this point:

"Who cares? Nobody will see his movie. It is almost dead already. Never mind, nobody cares."

Moore's film won the Palme d'Or award at the Cannes Film Festival last month and is scheduled to hit theaters on June 25.

Of the Cannes award, Bradbury told the paper: "I have won prizes in different places and they are mostly meaningless. The people there hate us, which is why they gave him the d'Or. It's a meaningless prize."

According to the report, Bradbury refused to say if he would take legal action against Moore.

FORD
06-04-2004, 12:42 AM
So Ray Bradbury's a Republican?

I guess that's mildly depressing. I used to love his books :(

lucky wilbury
06-04-2004, 12:44 AM
i don't think he is. his clark comment seems to indicate he's a dem most likely a clarke supporter. he's just pissed that someones ripping off his stuff.

Katydid
06-13-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38776

Ray Bradbury rips Michael Moore
'Fahrenheit 451' author says filmmaker stole his title for Bush-bash

Posted: June 3, 2004
5:30 p.m. Eastern

SURE HE WON AN AWARD AT THE CANNES FILM FESTIVAL...THE FRENCH HATE AMERICANS...

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Author Ray Bradbury has ripped into filmmaker Michael Moore for using the title "Fahrenheit 9/11" for his new Bush-bashing movie, an obvious takeoff on the 84-year-old's science-fiction classic "Fahrenheit 451."

Judging by an interview with the author conducted by the Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter, Bradbury is steamed.

"Michael Moore is a screwed a--hole, that is what I think about that case," Bradbury said according to an English translation of the story. "He stole my title and changed the numbers without ever asking me for permission."

Continued the author: "[Moore] is a horrible human being – horrible human!"

Michael Moore and wife Kathleen Glynn (photo: Oscar.com)

When asked if he agrees with Moore's political positions, Bradbury replied, "That has nothing to do with it. He copied my title; that is what happened. That has nothing to do with my political opinions."

According to the Swedish daily, Bradbury said he had tried to discuss the issue with Moore several months ago, but that the director avoided him.

"I called his publisher. They promised he would call me the same afternoon, but he didn't," Bradbury is quoted as saying.

The author also claimed Moore ruined Wesley Clark's chances of being president with a "kiss of death." When the filmmaker charged President Bush with reneging on his military service, Bradbury explained, the former general should have distanced himself.

"He slandered the president to General Clark, and Clark allowed him to do it," Bradbury said. "Clark should have said: 'Don't say that. It is not true.' That day Clark lost his chance to become president."

Bradbury dismissed any chance of the title being changed at this point:

"Who cares? Nobody will see his movie. It is almost dead already. Never mind, nobody cares."

Moore's film won the Palme d'Or award at the Cannes Film Festival last month and is scheduled to hit theaters on June 25.

Of the Cannes award, Bradbury told the paper: "I have won prizes in different places and they are mostly meaningless. The people there hate us, which is why they gave him the d'Or. It's a meaningless prize."

According to the report, Bradbury refused to say if he would take legal action against Moore.

BIGBADZERO
06-13-2004, 02:09 PM
Michael Moore is a big fat liar.

amadeus
06-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Moore better hope that Bush gets re-elected (or re-selected in his words) otherwise he is out of a job. If Bush is gone, who will he focus his inane propaganda on??

DaveIsKing
06-13-2004, 04:23 PM
I hope Bradbury sues Michael Moore.

I think Michael Moore, that liberal cunt, needs to be placed in a THIRD WORLD PARADISE with the rest of his liberal cocksuckers.

Eating bugs, drinking piss water and trying to keep their mudhuts from blowing away during dust storms...

Africa, for instance, is a continent rich in resources, yet the inhabitants there are the poor, destitute and starving. They can't figure out how to get the best out of their land. Meanwhile, people in Iceland conquered the least arable land of any continent and made a civilized community with the world highest literacy rate and superior education system.

If the THIRD WORLD and COMMUNISM is so wonderful, how come those pestering things like FACTS, SCIENCE, HISTORY and COMMONSENSE show otherwise.

Liberals, like MICHAEL PISSFACE MOORE seem to conveniently ignore FACTS, LOGIC, TRUTH & REALITY. For propaganda made to get an emotional response out of people.

Here's a response for you, Michael Moore--- FUCK YOU!

;)