PDA

View Full Version : $haron finally smartens up?!

tojoro
05-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Looks like Blizzard and Diary are getting re-mastered yet again, though this time, Daisley & Kerslake's performances are restored. Bob himself confirmed this on his FB page. $haron also confirmed video of the Rhoads era to be included.
Look for a Thanksgiving release stateside.
http://www.bravewords.com/news/139240

FORD
05-19-2010, 09:53 PM
About fucking time.

Now if someone would just restore the other half of Randy Rhoads' recorded work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv9X4UyePhk

Doctor Dude
05-19-2010, 10:58 PM
About fucking time.

Now if someone would just restore the other half of Randy Rhoads' recorded work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv9X4UyePhk

RE: old QR... Are you talking about a remix and remaster or just re-release?

FORD
05-19-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm talking about the fact that the original two Quiet Riot albums have never been released in the US (and even the Japanese import has been out of print for decades) and the one disc we eventually got from DuBrow was not a "remaster" as it was labeled, but more like a completely new vocal on all the tracks, and some overdubs on the bass & drum parts. DuBrow insists all the guitar work was Randy, but how the Hell would you know, given the inauthentic nature of the album otherwise.

It's a fucking tragedy that a talent like Randy Rhoads can't even have an honest document of his recorded work available. At least the Osbournes seem to be ready to reverse their part in this crime. DuBrow is no longer available to do so, so I don't even know who the Hell you would talk to on that one.

Randy's mother? She's gotta be at least in her 80's by now, and probably wouldn't want much to do with the actual project, but as far as I know, she still owns the legal rights to Randy's music.

Hardrock69
05-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Incredible. Sharon The CUNT has some kind of dim awareness of a ray of light slowly creeping into that sub-human, cro-magnon skull of hers.

Fucking bitch. Why does God take Ronnie James Dio but leave fucking whores like Sharon Cuntie Osbourne alive? :mad:

Hardrock69
05-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Incredible. Sharon The CUNT has some kind of dim awareness of a ray of light slowly creeping into that sub-human, cro-magnon skull of hers.

Fucking bitch. Why does God take Ronnie James Dio but leave fucking whores like Sharon Cuntie Osbourne alive? :mad:

Little Texan
05-20-2010, 12:21 AM
How are we to know that this wasn't Sharon's plan all along...to cut out Daisley's and Kerslake's performances, replace them with substandard rerecorded performances to create an uproar and high demand for the albums with the original performances still intact, and then several years down the road make the originals available again to the buying public, thus spurring increased sales of the first two albums?

jhale667
05-20-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm talking about the fact that the original two Quiet Riot albums have never been released in the US (and even the Japanese import has been out of print for decades) and the one disc we eventually got from DuBrow was not a "remaster" as it was labeled, but more like a completely new vocal on all the tracks, and some overdubs on the bass & drum parts. DuBrow insists all the guitar work was Randy, but how the Hell would you know, given the inauthentic nature of the album otherwise.

It's a fucking tragedy that a talent like Randy Rhoads can't even have an honest document of his recorded work available. At least the Osbournes seem to be ready to reverse their part in this crime. DuBrow is no longer available to do so, so I don't even know who the Hell you would talk to on that one.

Randy's mother? She's gotta be at least in her 80's by now, and probably wouldn't want much to do with the actual project, but as far as I know, she still owns the legal rights to Randy's music.

I know some of Randy's tracks were re-amped using Carlos' Marshalls, but they were intent on keeping Randy's parts themselves intact. Still, replacing any of the original performances (EQ tweaks aside, which was the purpose of the re-amping) it's kind of the same deal that Sharon pulled in a way, only it wasn't over royalties or conflicting egos..

Steve Savicki
05-20-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm talking about the fact that the original two Quiet Riot albums have never been released in the US (and even the Japanese import has been out of print for decades)
Link to the info please.

jhale667
05-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Link to the info please.

It's a well-known fact...so STFU, Steve.

Diamondjimi
05-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Link to the info please.

LINK ! (http://www.gofuckyourself.com/)

Diamondjimi
05-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Notice the original "OO" logo from the B.O.O. album...

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/138/l_e68240c4265148e491ca32a8f94e2386.jpg

Doctor Dude
05-20-2010, 01:59 AM
I know some of Randy's tracks were re-amped using Carlos' Marshalls, but they were intent on keeping Randy's parts themselves intact. Still, replacing any of the original performances (EQ tweaks aside, which was the purpose of the re-amping) it's kind of the same deal that Sharon pulled in a way, only it wasn't over royalties or conflicting egos..

Exactly, the main reason for the remix was due to Kevin's insecurity with his vocals. Randy's parts were left intact but run through Carlos' amp as you mentioned. I have no problem with the end result. The original recording sounded sloppy, needed some punching up.

Shut the fuck up, Steve. Just go away.

GAR
05-20-2010, 02:12 AM
Long time no see, Member 46!

jhale667
05-20-2010, 02:49 AM
Exactly, the main reason for the remix was due to Kevin's insecurity with his vocals. Randy's parts were left intact but run through Carlos' amp as you mentioned. I have no problem with the end result. The original recording sounded sloppy, needed some punching up.

Shut the fuck up, Steve. Just go away.

Yeah, it's seeming not nearly as offensive as taking out Daisley and Kerslake's performances...which is fucking blasphemous, if you ask me (and even if you didn't).

Kev went back and fixed parts that he recorded as a kid that "made (him) cringe" years later; he didn't eliminate someone's contribution to a timeless classic over a royalty dispute. :mad:

And as for youthful recordings making one cringe - what musician among us doesn't have that demo in their collection? :lmao: I can totally see - and have done myself recently - EQ tweaks to old MP3s (not to derail, but with some pretty cool results):

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8271708

...But to totally change or remove parts of something that's for the most part supposed to be a historic retrospective? Ends up being more like that album with Bono and company dueting with the ghost of Frank Sinatra (chairman of the bored). A novelty at best. In Sharon's case with her move, an annoyance, and a blemish on Ozzy's legacy.

Unchainme
05-20-2010, 02:51 AM
Long time no see, Member 46!

must've finished his sentence following the whole "Dateline NBC" thing.

Nitro Express
05-20-2010, 03:28 AM

She even had ass cancer. Damn cancer research!

tojoro
05-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Hey Ford,
I agree, I'd like those two QR albums done proper. Delores does have something to do with them not being released outside of Japan.
She is going on the feelings of her son, who didn't like the end result of either album. It took a lot of convincing on Kevin's part just to get the RR Years album approved by Dee. There was supposed to be a second volume, but that obviously never came to be.
I don't mean to sound morbid here, but it has been said that the very reason the public has seen next to nothing in terms of Rhoads merchandise, is because Delores does not want to appear as though she is making money off of the name of her dead son.
I can understand that to a point, but like some have stated here, as of '02 none of us could walk into a record store and buy an authentic representation of Randy's work with either band and that is unfortunate.
I just hope the remasters themselves are done properly. If $haron were smart, she would have Max Norman do the job.
Perhaps the success of this box would show Delores that she could have the same if she were to somehow put out a similar box of the Quiet Riot material.

ELVIS
05-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Two live shows with Randy ??

Awesome!!!!

:elvis:

Jagermeister
05-20-2010, 09:34 AM
This is really good news. I hope it actually happens.

It has allways been a mystery to me as to why no real studio bootlegs have ever surfaced of Randy. Must be a ton a shit around some where.

Anonymous
05-20-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm shelling out for this, I really am.

I only have in CD form the 24 bit remastered edition of Diary of a Madman, the one with the small cover amidst all that green shit. Apparently that was before they edited Randy out? I kicked myself over the years for not purchasing Blizzard of Ozz when I had the chance. I figured "yeah, I'll buy this next week or so" & weeks became years & fuck!

Now I got the chance again, I'm giving away my hard earned money to The Cunt.

Least she could do would be to come over & blow me.

Cheers! :bottle:

ELVIS
05-20-2010, 10:24 AM
No, there's not...

tojoro
05-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Jag,
Check this out: http://www.bobdaisley.com/article-randydoc.html
So that answers the question of studio demos and such. Kick-ass avatar, btw:)

Imapus,
Those '95 remasters, (swirly colored backgrounds), are the ones folks have been clamoring for since the '02 debacle. It was Bob & Lee who were edited out, not Randy. I still come across the '95s in record shops for $10 or less, used.

Jagermeister
05-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Jag,

Imapus,
Those '95 remasters, (swirly colored backgrounds), are the ones folks have been clamoring for since the '02 debacle. It was Bob & Lee who were edited out, not Randy. I still come across the '95s in record shops for $10 or less, used.

"The Grail" That shit is un fuckin real! I don't know what tosay....

Jagermeister
05-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Wait. Are u Bob Daisley?

tojoro
05-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Nah...I'd love to have half the guy's talent, but none of the hassle he's had to go through just to get what's rightfully his.

Jagermeister
05-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Well The Holy Grail. Man can u imagine the number of RR fans that want that? I mean I think I have every known video of him that is around but to have that fuckin shit would be just, man I can't explain how I feel about that.

Igosplut
05-20-2010, 11:39 AM

Naw, It only took one good hard kick in the purse for her to realize...

Jagermeister
05-20-2010, 11:41 AM
I think Bob , RR's mom and his foundation and the fans are the only ones that should profit from the Grail. Fuck $haron.

jhale667
05-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Jag,

Imapus,

THAT Daisley interview pretty much validates all the reasons Dubrow gave for not wanting to be involved with the project...

tojoro
05-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Considering the poor relations between the O$bournes and Daisley & Kerslake, I wondered how Bob and Lee were able to use compositions from Blizzard & Diary for their Living Loud project with Jimmy Barnes & Steve Morse.
Obviously, there shouldn't have been a problem, as it's known that Ozzy's only contribution to those albums were his voice and vocal melodies.
These albums getting the deluxe treatment, with the original recordings is truly great news. The audio and video extras are gravy, but I really hope that Bob and Lee will finally get the credit they deserve.
Perhaps there is some truth that this was Sharon's plan all along in order to make the 30th anniv. all that much bigger.
Myself? I agree with Igo. I think they started to realize Blizzard and Diary weren't selling like they used to. What was done to those albums was the textbook example of cutting off your nose to spite your face. She fucked up a very important part of her husband's legacy just to say 'fuck you' to a couple of ex-hired hands. In the end, it made her look foolish to fans and peers alike, and hurt Ozzy, Inc.
I am glad, but suprised $haron is going forward with this, as basically she is admitting she is wrong, but that is a small price to pay in order to restore a lot of credibility.
It's obvious I am biased. I do love the two albums that were recorded with Jake, I've always wished he and Ozzy could have worked together once more. I've liked Zakk, but never loved his work with Oz. What I'm trying to say is BOO & DOAM are the two most important albums Ozzy has in his solo canon. They solidified his reputation, they yeild the most songs that are still played live today and they set the template for what is referred to as the "Ozzy Sound".
Ozzy owes much to Kerslake & Daisley, more than the financial sense, as it was the two of them that rescued him from the depths and gave him a solid foundation to stand on and build a name, and they also took a green kid with little touring or studio experience, and helped him become a solid contender.
Looks like I'll have more than turkey to sink my teeth into this Thanksgiving!

atomicpunk5151
05-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Man, first day purchase for the Randy videos and the remasters with Bob & Lee. Great news.

chefcraig
05-20-2010, 01:44 PM
How are we to know that this wasn't Sharon's plan all along...to cut out Daisley's and Kerslake's performances, replace them with substandard rerecorded performances to create an uproar and high demand for the albums with the original performances still intact, and then several years down the road make the originals available again to the buying public, thus spurring increased sales of the first two albums?

The only thing missing from this scenario is the outright demand for...one million dollars.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9219/drevilv.jpg (http://img85.imageshack.us/i/drevilv.jpg/)

Bonus punchline, mainly because I saw it on a MASH rerun the other evening.

Flagg: (to Burns) You were insanely jealous of her engagement. You were furious at being rejected! You were capable of murder.
Hawkeye: That's right! So you hit over the head with a blunt instrument.
B.J.: A saxophone.
Hawkeye: Then you hypnotized her and told her she was Johnny Ray.
B.J.: Then you performed plastic surgery on her, made her look like Johnny.
Hawkeye: The rest is obvious. You stuck her in a trunk, you mailed her to Las Vegas, and now she's doing two shows a night at the Sands.
B.J.: Three on Saturdays.
Flagg: (dragging Burns with him) There's only one flaw with that theory.
Hawkeye: Only one?
Flagg: They don't do three shows Saturday night at the Sands.
Hawkeye: How do you know?
Flagg: I was a showgirl for six weeks.

Jagermeister
05-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Sharon Osbourne was the surprise guest at Ozzy Osbourne's elaborately staged news conference on Wednesday afternoon (May 19) at Casa Loma's Great Hall in Toronto, Ontario, Canada to promote his new album, "Scream".

Video highlights from the press conference can be viewed in two parts below (courtesy of MusikUniverse.net).

When asked about Ozzy's upcoming 30th-anniversary editions of his first two albums, 1980's "Blizzard Of Ozz" and 1981's "Diary Of A Madman", with their original drum and bass tracks restored (unlike the 2002 reissues of these albums, which saw the replacement of the original bass and drum tracks by Osbourne's then-drummer Mike Bordin and -bassist Robert Trujillo), Sharon said, "They are coming out for Thanksgiving and they will be on the market then. . . It's going back to the original recordings with [Bob] Daisley [bass] and [Lee] Kerslake [drums]. And there will be a lot of stuff that you haven't heard before in the packages. Like certain conversations that were going on in the studio with the guys just messing around while the tape was still rolling. All of that will be added into it."

Q: There's also talk of some visuals in the archives with Randy Rhoads.

Sharon: "We've got two different shows that we have in the archives that we're working on right now. Of course, in those days, the tapes were, like, cut to twenty minutes and then you had to change the tape, so we're trying to clean it up and make sense of it. We are working on it, yeah, along with another film that we have of Randy, so it'll all be boxed together. It should be a great piece to have for a real fan. It will be an amazing piece."

As previously reported, Ozzy Osbourne will release a holiday album called "Black Christmas" late next year, according to an article in the latest issue of Rolling Stone magazine. The set will be accompanied by a TV special. Ozzy's wife and manager Sharon seems to be the driving force behind the project, telling the magazine that she had discussed the idea with her husband, but that "he's trying to forget that it actually exists." No further details, such as songs that Ozzy might record for the album, are available.

According to Rolling Stone, Ozzy is reportedly considering performing both "Blizzard Of Ozz" and "Diary Of A Madman" in their entirety at some point in his upcoming touring schedule.

The Ozz will hit the road in support of his new record, "Scream", which is due out on June 22. He'll begin with a short, six-date Ozzfest trek before headlining on his own in the fall.

Ozzy says he wants to change up his set list when he gets onstage this year, explaining, "I've got such a . . . body of work to choose from now. I'd like to do some different [BLACK] SABBATH songs, and some different Ozzy songs."

Ozzfest begins on August 14 in San Bernardino, California. The festival's organizers have announced that all fans who purchase tickets for one of the dates before June 18 at LiveNation.com will receive a digital copy of "Scream" the day before the album is available in stores. Tickets go on sale Saturday (May 22) and will feature all-in pricing with no additional fees.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjLH8HkZZtQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZjLH8HkZZtQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jagermeister
05-20-2010, 03:04 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EW2K8eIc59s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EW2K8eIc59s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jagermeister
05-20-2010, 03:08 PM
He really likes Gus basically because he can play all his old shit note for note? ok.. I get that.

Jagermeister
05-20-2010, 03:13 PM
" So Ozzy when was the last time you wiped your own ass? "

" Ask Sharon"

binnie
05-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Some re-issues I'm actually excited about. They have been a long time coming.

FORD
05-20-2010, 03:48 PM
I think Bob , RR's mom and his foundation and the fans are the only ones that should profit from the Grail. Fuck $haron.

Well, if you believe the bullshit that Sharon spewed out on "Celebrity Apprentice", then she would donate every dime she and Ozzy made from these reissues to her cancer charity. Maybe she'll surprise us all and do exactly that?

Of course the odds of that are about equal to my odds of winning the Powerball and retiring to Tahiti with Angie Everhart, but it COULD happen, right? :biggrin:

ELVIS
05-20-2010, 07:28 PM
A remastered SOTD should be included as well...

chefcraig
05-20-2010, 07:40 PM

We'll more than likely see that right after he gets around to re-releasing Ultimate Sin, or when hell freezes over, whichever comes first. :duh:

FORD
05-20-2010, 07:42 PM

Nah, I'd like to see that album get it's own upgrade, and repackage it with a legit release of the video from the Gillis leg of that tour. But not mixed with the Randy stuff. That era should stand on its own.

ELVIS
05-20-2010, 07:46 PM
yeah, I agree with that...

Mr Walker
05-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Nah, I'd like to see that album get it's own upgrade, and repackage it with a legit release of the video from the Gillis leg of that tour. But not mixed with the Randy stuff. That era should stand on its own.

I read they were releasing the Gillis show on DVD... I'll try to find the article.

Mr Walker
05-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Here it is...

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=54606

chefcraig
05-20-2010, 08:08 PM
I read they were releasing the Gillis show on DVD... I'll try to find the article.

Here it is...

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=54606

That's great news, thanks for the heads-up. I've seen boots of this show, and apparently they were transferred over from VHS, so the image was really cloudy and crummy. If I'm not mistaken, this is the show that was presented on MTV long ago.

Blizzard Of Ozz: Diary Of A Madman Tour 1982 (http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=7481)

Tracklisting:

* 'Over The Mountain'
* 'Mr. Crowley'
* 'Crazy Train'
* 'Revelation (Mother Earth)'
* 'Steal Away'
* 'Suicide Solution'
* 'Goodbye to Romance'
* 'I Don't Know'
* 'Believer'
* 'Flying High Again'
* 'Children Of The Grave'
* 'Paranoid'

The line-up: Brad Gillis (guitar), Rudi Sarzo (bass), Don Airey (keyboards) and Tommy Aldridge (drums).

FORD
05-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Looks like this is gonna be a great year for "classic" Live DVD's.

Ozzy w/Rhoads and w/Gillis. The Stones "Ladies and Gentlemen" probably just in time for Xmas.
Eddie, open the goddamn vaults already!

ELVIS
05-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Maybe Sharon isn't so bad after all...

Terry
05-20-2010, 09:18 PM
I don't think Sharon had any grand plan all along concerning the elimination of Kerslake and Daisley...certainly nothing strategic in thinking "I'll wipe them off the 2002 reissues, then by 2010 people will be lining up in the streets to buy new reissues with the Daisley and Kerslake performances restored."

It was just a shortsighted attempt to try and somehow screw Daisley and Kerslake out of a few bucks. I mean, thank fuck I held onto the 1990's cd versions of Blizzard and Diary: never heard the dubbed reissue versions, and don't want to.

There really is a dearth of RR footage out there...not a helluva a lotta audio stuff, either. Like, have heard a few Ozzy solo live boots when RR was still alive, but some of them were amateur audience recordings where the sound was so abysmal it was barely worth even hearing.

Should be worth checking out the Blizzard and Diary reissues (although I'm wondering just how many times a given band can repackage the same old shit, tweak it with extras, and expect it to sell), if only for the RR footage.

Yeah, ELVIS is right...they might as well reissue SOTD while they're at it.

chefcraig
05-20-2010, 09:24 PM

Riiiight...after all, I'm sure even Hitler had a dog that loved him.

Diamondjimi
05-20-2010, 11:51 PM
That's great news, thanks for the heads-up. I've seen boots of this show, and apparently they were transferred over from VHS, so the image was really cloudy and crummy. If I'm not mistaken, this is the show that was presented on MTV long ago.

Blizzard Of Ozz: Diary Of A Madman Tour 1982 (http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=7481)

Tracklisting:

* 'Over The Mountain'
* 'Mr. Crowley'
* 'Crazy Train'
* 'Revelation (Mother Earth)'
* 'Steal Away'
* 'Suicide Solution'
* 'Goodbye to Romance'
* 'I Don't Know'
* 'Believer'
* 'Flying High Again'
* 'Children Of The Grave'
* 'Paranoid'

The line-up: Brad Gillis (guitar), Rudi Sarzo (bass), Don Airey (keyboards) and Tommy Aldridge (drums).

I have this on dvd (via torrent). Not a bad copy. I actually saw this tour waaay back. I thought Gillis did a fine job cuntsidering the amount of time he had to get Randys material down...

Hardrock69
05-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Like, 3 days?

I saw this when it was on MTV the first time. Sure Brad Gillis is a capable guitarist, but I had seen Randy with Ozzy only a month before he died, so I pretty much hated that video concert.

Igosplut
05-21-2010, 06:39 AM
Riiiight...after all, I'm sure even Hitler had a dog that loved him.

Oh fuck Chef, that was good..

Mr Walker
05-21-2010, 09:03 AM

Not so fast E... I don't know if it's been mentioned in here but she's making Ozzy release a Christmas CD (Black Christmas)... I'm assuming it's a Christmas CD and there's to be an accompanying TV special to go with it.
Now you won't find many people who love Christmas music as much as I do, but I don't like the sounds of this... it stinks like Sharon (p.u.) and I don't think Ozzy wants anything to do with it... much like that aborted variety show they did for FOX.

Jagermeister
05-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Not so fast E... I don't know if it's been mentioned in here but she's making Ozzy release a Christmas CD (Black Christmas)... I'm assuming it's a Christmas CD and there's to be an accompanying TV special to go with it.
Now you won't find many people who love Christmas music as much as I do, but I don't like the sounds of this... it stinks like Sharon (p.u.) and I don't think Ozzy wants anything to do with it... much like that aborted variety show they did for FOX.

Ask Sharon!

Hardrock69
05-21-2010, 10:32 AM
When a metal musician is being lined up to release a Christmas album, well, I would say they are grasping at straws. Funny thing is, I think Halford is doing a Christmas CD as well.

I prefer this song to any other (about Christmas):
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbTULjLtKP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pbTULjLtKP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

chefcraig
05-21-2010, 10:44 AM
The Halford Christmas album came out late last year. LINK (http://www.robhalford.com/new/index.php?blog=4&title=chart-attack-rob-halford-releasing-chris&m) A handful of the tunes appeared at Youtube, but were removed almost immediately. The thing that is odd being he was giving the tracks away for free at his website, so I didn't follow the logic at the time, and still don't.

Hardrock69
05-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Heh....I forgot that it came out last year. I did not care enough to bother remembering about it, lol.

Mr Walker
05-21-2010, 02:48 PM
The Halford Christmas album came out late last year.

I love the Halford Christmas cd... The difference is that Halford wanted to do this... he knew this CD wouldn't be some kind of platinum mega-seller and that lot of his fan base would dismiss it, but this was something in his heart he wanted to do and he did it and I like it quite a bit. It wasn't a straw grasping publicity stunt... if that's what he was after I'm sure it would have been a Judas Priest Christmas CD. What Ozzy... or I should say Sharon is doing is a gimmicky cash grab and it appears she is forcing Ozzy to do this. Kinda sad. I would think that after the success of Heaven and Hell, Ozzy would be trying to raise his bar and try to reclaim some of his legitimacy and legacy instead of this kind of Sharon driven horseshit that has led his fan base to call for his retirement and for Sharon's head.

Jagermeister
05-21-2010, 02:58 PM
I love the Halford Christmas cd... The difference is that Halford wanted to do this... he knew this CD wouldn't be some kind of platinum mega-seller and that lot of his fan base would dismiss it, but this was something in his heart he wanted to do and he did it and I like it quite a bit. It wasn't a straw grasping publicity stunt... if that's what he was after I'm sure it would have been a Judas Priest Christmas CD. What Ozzy... or I should say Sharon is doing is a gimmicky cash grab and it appears she is forcing Ozzy to do this. Kinda sad. I would think that after the success of Heaven and Hell, Ozzy would be trying to raise his bar and try to reclaim some of his legitimacy and legacy instead of this kind of Sharon driven horseshit that has led his fan base to call for his retirement and for Sharon's head.

There is an article in this month Rolling Stone. I just blew through it but is said that Gus G. basically was brought in and just played over tracks for the new album and had nothing to do with any of the song writing. That's not stepping up. That's lets get the mother fucker out so we can your this summer. It also said he was doing an 18 month tour. The longest he had ecer done... Um Why?

FORD
05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
If the Ozzy Xmas album is going to be a bunch of shit like THIS, then they shouldn't even bother!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZaMqG-cSog

chefcraig
05-21-2010, 03:09 PM
There is an article in this month Rolling Stone. I just blew through it but is said that Gus G. basically was brought in and just played over tracks for the new album and had nothing to do with any of the song writing. That's not stepping up. That's lets get the mother fucker out so we can your this summer. It also said he was doing an 18 month tour. The longest he had ecer done... Um Why?

Funny you should mention this, as I just finished the article on my lunch break. As you said, the guitarist simply walked in and put down some tracks without contributing to the writing of the material. Since the producer (Kevin Churko) co-wrote the material with Ozzy, this really seems to be a strange way of working.

It seems the lengthy tour is designed to coincide with the release of all of this "product" coming out over the next two years. You really have to wonder if this is all part of Sharon's idea of financing the Osbourne family retirement fund.

ELVIS
05-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Co-wrote with Ozzy ??

Yeah riight...

chefcraig
05-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Co-wrote with Ozzy ??

Yeah riight...

I'm merely pointing out what was said in the promotional clip offered. Then again, you were the guy offering a belief that Sharon Osbourne has an altruistic heart: http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?59020-haron-finally-smartens-up-!&p=1458873&viewfull=1#post1458873

You simply can not pick and choose which part of this mess you care to be cynical about.

tojoro
05-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Like most bands I used to love, I have very little interest in anything new Ozzy may have to offer. He's changed band members too many times, and in a case like that, you lose the dynamic. It's just become a succession of hired players & songwriters who have a set template in which to work their trade.
Folks chuckle at AC/DC, as all of their material sounds the same. While that may be true, the dynamic is there because it's still all the same guys. We believe in AC/DC more, because we believe they're all mates, a gang, an actual group.
That's not the case with Ozzy. There's no 'Band of Brothers' vibe. His music sounds corporate and contrived because the band members are employees. Zakk had the longest tenure of anyone who ever played for Oz, and after 22 years, he found out he was out of a job by word of mouth. He says they're friends now, everything is all good, etc., but he was pretty livid last summer, and with good reason.
Though I liked the gritty, underground feel of Ozzmosis, Ozzy should have stayed retired after No More Tears. There were some good moments on the two Zakk albums, but, it was getting to be too by the numbers. Daisley was still writing the lyrics and music and playing bass on the albums, but it was becoming half hearted. It's too bad Ozzy never took him out on tour after Bark at The Moon, but, I guess Bob didn't have the MTV image they were looking for.
Of all the hard rock/ metal acts I loved back in the days of my youth, I held Ozzy in the highest regard. It is heartbreaking to see what he's become, and it's very disappointing to hear what has happened to his music.
$haron used to be a smart businesswoman, but it's hard to respect her. 'Nuff said on the Blizzard/Diary debacle, but it is even more curious as to why they would choose to delete Speak of the Devil and The Ultimate Sin from their catalogue. I would guess US has to do with Phil Soussan and the Shot In The Dark single...is it because Ozzy has to share credit with someone? Is it really that hard for them to part with money?
I've never read anywhere what the issue is with SOTD. I don't know if it's writing royalties issues with Tony, Geezer and Bill, or if it's the performance royalties with Brad, Rudy, Tommy and Don. He claims he hates the album now, but Ozzy touted that as a great live album back in '82...better than Sabbath's own Live Evil with Ronnie, released at the same time.
It's just very strange why Sharon would choose to mar one part of Ozzy's legacy, and pretend other parts of it never existed. It's just bad business, period. The only excuses I can come up with are money and/or spite.
It would explain why there is no single collection of all of the promo vids he's done over the years, and why his box set was so lopsided and full of filler. A lot of lost potential there, but again, I believe it comes to paying out cash. In the 30 years Ozzy has been solo, he has managed 10 studio albums and 5 live. There are a total of 28 people who are credited with playing on those albums!
7 guitar, 8 bass, 6 drums and 7 on keys. I am including the Scream album and it's personnel in those totals, but am not counting folks who played with Ozzy live only, like Bernie Torme, Carmine Appice or Jason Newstead.
Of all of these people, I've heard Don Airey and Zakk Wylde have nice things to say about the time they spent with Ozzy and Sharon. The rest are mute. I would imagine, upon departure from Ozzy, Inc., whether you were fired or leaving for greener pastures, there's probably a good chance you're signing something stating you will have nothing but good things to say about your time spent with us, or you will suffer.
Sharon has managed to build up quite an empire for her husband, but he is King of nothing. He has no friends, isn't remembered well by his peers and colleagues and is viewed as a washed-up, burned-out buffoon by the public in general.
I am glad it appears Sharon is righting the wrong of BOO & DOAM, but I'm going to wait until Thanksgiving to hear how they turn out before I start doing backflips. Naturally, she'll get my cash, but unlike most of the fanboys who are suddenly singing her praises and lining up to lick her boots, she won't get my thanks.
Why should I thank her for fixing something that should have been left alone in the first place?
All of this makes Ed look sort of silly if his only reason for not doing a vault purge is a royalty issue. He's only gotta split the cake with two guys that aren't related to him, and one is already on the payroll.

78/84 guy
07-14-2010, 05:36 PM
When is this stuff coming out ?? Anyone. I want that dvd of Randy bad.

BruinJer
07-14-2010, 09:47 PM
I heard November

Seshmeister
07-14-2010, 09:52 PM
At this point I think it is entirely justified to download anything from these people.

I've bought the albums at least once usually twice and paid my ticket money to shows, t-shirts and so on. Hell I've paid subscription to MTV.

No more.

In fact the more money that woman makes the worse she gets.

If you need Ozzy music I urge you to get a free download of 'utorrent' and then download the link below.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5162899/Ozzy_Osbourne_Complete_Discography_%2816_Albums__M P3_not_FLAC%29

Doctor Dude
07-14-2010, 10:03 PM
You paid a subscription to MTV?

Are you mad?

tojoro
07-14-2010, 10:26 PM
There was allegedly supposed to be an announcement in the August issue of Guitar World, which hit newsstands earlier this month, which turned out to be a small blurb within a sidebar, mentioning the remasters and the Holiday season.
Bob maintains he has yet to be contacted.

Seshmeister
07-15-2010, 05:20 AM
You paid a subscription to MTV?

Are you mad?

Well it was part of a cable package I had at the time of the Osbournes so close enough... :)

Terry
07-15-2010, 09:39 PM
I suppose I'll pick these remasters up in the end, mostly for the RR footage/dvd more than anything else, seeing as that RR documentary that has been several years in the making doesn't seem to be nearing a release date anytime soon.

Hardrock69
07-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Yes. I will also. Sad thing is, when I saw Ozzy with Randy, I consciously decided NOT to bring a tape recorder, as for once I just wanted to enjoy the show.

Big mistake on my part.

Hardrock69
07-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes. I will also. Sad thing is, when I saw Ozzy with Randy, I consciously decided NOT to bring a tape recorder, as for once I just wanted to enjoy the show.

Big mistake on my part.