PDA

View Full Version : KISS: New U.S. Tour Dates Announced - May 24, 2010

Jagermeister
05-24-2010, 11:30 AM
According to AOL's Noisecreep, KISS has announced the next leg of its U.S. tour in support of the band's latest studio album, "Sonic Boom", featuring stops in both amphitheaters and arenas.

Instead of selecting an established band as support, KISS has teamed up with Guitar Center to discover a talented, unsigned act. The Guitar Center On-Stage competition will allow unsigned rock bands to compete for a chance to open for KISS at 22 different tour stops. The winning band will also receive a $10,000 Guitar Center shopping spree. Unsigned bands can begin registering June 1.

KISS tour dates:

Jul. 23 - Cheyenne, WY - Cheyenne Frontier Days
Jul. 24 - Minot, ND - North Dakota State Fair
Jul. 29 - Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagara Pavilion
Jul. 30 - Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Center
Jul. 31 - Hershey, PA - Hershey Park Stadium
Aug. 06 - Philadelphia, PA - Susquehanna Bank Center
Aug. 07 - Boston, MA - Comcast Center
Aug. 09 - Indianapolis, IN - Indiana State Fairgrounds
Aug. 13 - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
Aug. 14 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
Aug. 15 - Scranton, PA - Toyota Pavilion
Aug. 19 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Arena
Aug. 20 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
Aug. 21 - Washington DC - Jiffy Lube Live
Aug. 27 - Virginia Beach, VA - Virginia Beach Amphitheater
Aug. 28 - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Aug. 29 - Raleigh, NC - Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek
Sep. 02 - Milwaukee, WI - Marcus Amphitheatre
Sep. 03 - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Sep. 04 - St. Paul, MN - Minnesota State Fair
Sep. 10 - Toronto, ON - Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
Sep. 11 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
Sep. 12 - Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center
Sep. 17 - Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Sep. 18 - Dallas, TX - Pizza Hut Park
Sep. 19 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Sep. 22 - Sandy, UT - Rio Tinto Stadium
Sep. 24 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Wireless Pavilion

Tickets for many shows go on sale June 4 via Live Nation.
The members of KISS will donate a dollar from every ticket sold to the Wounded Warriors Project. This charity benefits the United States Armed Forces.

Jagermeister
05-24-2010, 11:30 AM
If you can go see this do. It's a great show and they play tons of old stuff.

kissfan1976
05-24-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm there!!!

Va Beach VH Fan
05-24-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm so close to the VA Beach Ampitheater I walk to the shows, but I doubt I go to this one. After seeing them about five times, plus not wanting to hear anything from the new record, I think I'll pass...

Jagermeister
05-24-2010, 12:40 PM
I'm so close to the VA Beach Ampitheater I walk to the shows, but I doubt I go to this one. After seeing them about five times, plus not wanting to hear anything from the new record, I think I'll pass...

They only play maybe 3 songs from sonic boom. It's really 99% vintage Kiss songs. Unless they change the set list for some reason.

kissfan1976
05-24-2010, 01:30 PM
They were playing Crazy Nights in Europe.
I hate that song!

I don't care for anything between Lick It Up & Revenge.

Hardrock69
05-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Cool! They are coming nowhere near me!

What the fuck happened to them 'retiring'?

Beat that dead horsie!

Va Beach VH Fan
05-24-2010, 06:56 PM
The "farewell tour" was 10 fucking years ago !!!

DavidLeeNatra
05-25-2010, 02:43 AM
http://a590.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/14/l_c5caed374ed0e368e741eff6fb2bcfad.jpg

Mr Walker
05-25-2010, 08:38 AM
I told my kids I would take them... I also told Wooda I'd buy him a ticket.

indeedido
05-25-2010, 08:56 AM
It's good for rock that they continue to tour. For me, I cannot support this sham with Frankentommy up their. KISS ended a long time ago for me. The reunion was great, but sans Ace and Peter its yawn, gag, snore. If they took off the makeup and toured I could accept that. Or new make up/characters. But not this un-psycho circus sham. :(

Jagermeister
05-25-2010, 09:02 AM
I told my kids I would take them... I also told Wooda I'd buy him a ticket.

I would insert some images to get you pumped up about the show but I can't find the attahce image button. :(

People just becasue Ace and Peter are no longer in the band doesn't mean it's not KISS.

Hardrock69
05-25-2010, 09:07 AM
No it's HALF of Kiss. :biggrin:

One thing is cool though.....the fact they are having contests so unsigned bands can open for them. THAT is REALLY cool. Giving back to the Rock Community, so to speak.

Jagermeister
05-25-2010, 09:11 AM
No it's HALF of Kiss. :biggrin:

One thing is cool though.....the fact they are having contests so unsigned bands can open for them. THAT is REALLY cool. Giving back to the Rock Community, so to speak.

Um yeah that is correct I guess.

sadaist
05-25-2010, 09:31 AM
I saw Kiss once in the late 80's. Worst show ever! The stage was shaped like a horseshoe. This big finale was a couple lights above them exploded and began to fall. Yawn. I had a bigger pop when I popped a light bulb in my desk lamp. The whole show was just boring. Now, my friends who are Kiss fans swear to me that it was just a bad show. Pyros didn't work right, sound was off, band was off, etc... But I've never gone back. Fuck em.

But, they are now getting up there in age. Last tour? Should I give them another shot? Fuck. I just don't wanna plop down $100 for another weak ass show with half of Kiss. Plus I only like the old stuff. Have they even released anything new since Animalize? That's how much I follow them nowadays.

Well, the show I would see is Phoenix, AZ. Last on the list. So if they get overall good reviews here, I might go. So anyone who goes, get those reviews up here for us.

sadaist
05-25-2010, 09:33 AM
The "farewell tour" was 10 fucking years ago !!!

Yeah. In hindsight, that was the one I should have gone to.

indeedido
05-25-2010, 12:21 PM
KI$$ don't do anything for anyone but themselves. I suspect this is a cheap way to not have to pay an opening band.

I can live without Ace and Peter in the band and it still being called KISS. What pisses me off is these two clowns they trot out every night in their makeup. I'm a die hard, but I draw the line there.

The show itself is good, the old songs are good. Frankentommy can pull them off, but he's no Ace. Just a scab.

Hardrock69
05-25-2010, 12:43 PM
They have come here a couple of times in the past few years. I purposely did not go each time.

If I want to see Kiss, or hear Paul Stanley screaming about needing some Cold Gin, I will just get out one of my DVDs of their shows in the 70s when they were kicking ass and taking names, and watch it. I get just as much enjoyment out of it, and I do not have to shell out $100, fight traffic, etc.

sadaist
05-25-2010, 07:38 PM
their shows in the 70s when they were kicking ass and taking names, .

When I went & saw them in the 80's, that is what I was hoping for. My older brother had seen them in the late 70's. He is into Kiss like I'm into VH.

Hardrock69
05-26-2010, 10:28 AM
I saw them in the mid-80s, and they were fucking lame.

Saw them about a year or two later, expecting them to suck again, and they came out and kicked my ass.

kissfan1976
05-26-2010, 01:47 PM
I saw them in the mid-80s, and they were fucking lame.

Saw them about a year or two later, expecting them to suck again, and they came out and kicked my ass.

The Non Make Up years sucked.
Their last 3 tours since '"The Farewell" have been great.