PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin to headline 2010 Glastonbury Festival?

Mr Walker
05-25-2010, 09:33 AM
According to Gigwise.com, guitar legend Jimmy Page says he “wouldn't rule out” LED ZEPPELIN replacing U2 at Glastonbury next month.

The Irish band have today been forced to cancel their inaugural headline slot at Glastonbury on June 25th due to the back injury Bono suffered last week.

The singer has been advised by doctors to rest up for eight weeks after undergoing emergency surgery in Munich and today personally phoned Michael Eavis to cancel U2's slot at Worthy Farm.

He said: "I'm heartbroken. We really wanted to be there to do something really special - we even wrote a song especially for the Festival."

Speaking to BBC 6 Music, Led Zeppelin legend Jimmy Page has hinted the band wouldn't say no to playing.

Jimmy simply said: "I never rule anything out."

Mr Walker
05-25-2010, 09:33 AM
hmm... Plant is hanging out with Jason Bonham...

LED ZEPPELIN fans are in for a rare treat this morning as ROBERT PLANT - who will be joined by JASON BONHAM - will conduct a special interview on the Paul and Young Ron Morning Show airing on Big 105.9 FM Miami from 6: 00-10: 00 AM EST.

Fans can listen to the interview live through the internet here (click on the Listen Live 105.9 logo on the right).

Check out the recent New York Times Q&A here with Jason Bonham regarding his announcement to launch a limited engagement of 30 concert dates this fall--honoring the 30th anniversary of the passing of his father legendary drummer John Bonham.

To read the full press release, visit this location.

For more information, visit Jblze.com.

Jagermeister
05-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Cool.

Seshmeister
05-25-2010, 09:55 AM
How can someone as small as Bono get back problems?

binnie
05-25-2010, 11:09 AM
I seriously doubt they'll do it. Plant is clearly very reticent about reunions..........

Seshmeister
05-25-2010, 11:12 AM
He knows that they're actually not very good now.

sadaist
05-25-2010, 12:11 PM
I seriously doubt they'll do it. Plant is clearly very reticent about reunions..........

Yeah he is. But how long was Sting like that? And we finally got a HUGE tour from them. They made it very clear it was a 1-time tour, and I believe them. So I made sure I didn't miss my chance. And it was fucking excellent. I would love Led Zep to do a 1-time tour like The Police did. They would make a billion dollars and a ton of fans would get some sense of closure. A 1-off show just isn't good enough to me. Even if it's televised or made into a dvd, nothing compares to actually being at a show live.

Mr Walker
05-25-2010, 12:33 PM

I don't think he wants to do a full tour/record new music as Zeppelin... they might be able to talk him into one or two 'one-nighters' here and there.

chefcraig
05-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I don't think he wants to do a full tour/record new music as Zeppelin... they might be able to talk him into one or two 'one-nighters' here and there.

Ya know, given the evidence provided on John Paul Jones' last two solo albums (along with the Them Crooked Vultures recording and tour), at this point I would be far more interested if Page, Plant and Jason Bonham chose to show up as guests on a handful of tracks for another Jones solo project. This would eliminate the pressure of performing under the name Led Zeppelin, and if the trio wanted to appear at a few shows when Jones decided to tour it would be quite a cool thing, rather than some super hyped series of concerts that resulted in a nightmare to score tickets for.

lesfunk
05-25-2010, 01:23 PM
How can someone as small as Bono get back problems?
From carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders...

78/84 guy
05-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Here we go again !!!!!! Don't get sucked into the light people !! Or is it dark with Pagey involved ??? They won't even release the damn 02 show on dvd. I'd love to see them The 2 Page Plant tours were great !!! A Zeppelin tour with John's kid would top it even if they sucked.

sadaist
05-25-2010, 07:40 PM

HAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Great reply. He sure thinks he is carrying that weight.

kwame k
05-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Listening to the O2 show.....Plant's voice is shot!

Yes, it sounded passable, adding in the Wow factor, but like Jack Bruce said........they had to tune down for the sake of Plant and not the rest of the band...or something like that.

As usual, I'll agree with Craig on this one.....Page, Jones and Bonham could make some interesting music with another singer but for the love of God don't call it Led Zepplin:pullinghair:

Van Halen tired it and look where it got them........:barf:

Diamondjimi
05-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Zeppelin "reunion"? Couldn't care less. Plant's voice is toast...

Led Zeppelin died on September 25 1980 !

GreenBayLA
05-26-2010, 04:59 AM

sounds familiar...
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?59048-U2-Cancels-Tour

Seshmeister
05-26-2010, 12:07 PM
So much for this rumor - just announced...

http://www.ilikemusic.com/music_news/Gorillaz_Replace_U2_at_Glastonbury_2010-9909

Gorillaz will replace U2 as the friday Pyramid Stage Headliner at Glastonbury 2010.

Damon Albarn's virtual band announced that they would be taking the place of U2 a day after the band pulled out following Bono's back surgery. As a result, Damon will headline the Pyramid Stage for the second year running, after Blur topped the bill last year on Sunday night.

Festival organiser Michael Eavis stated: "This is going to be Gorillaz' only UK festival appearance. It'll be a massive audio visual spectacle which will really ignite the Pyramid Stage on the Friday night, with Muse, then Stevie Wonder to follow. I'm very excited about Gorillaz' show coming here because they're so open to guests and collaborations. The alchemy of Friday's show is going to be astonishing: a perfect, contemporary way to kick off the 40th anniversary celebrations."

Said Murdoc from Gorillaz: "We're like some great big horrible warship pulling in to the Bay of Glastonbury to save the day. It was us or The Beatles and they split up years ago. The previous soldiers got pulled from duty last minute so it's up to my Plastic Beach naval cavalry to sail in and sort the battlefield out. I can assure you though, I'm bringing extra troops. Loads of them. Glastonbury will be ours…cutlasses drawn, trumpets ready. We're coming in…"

With Muse set to headline Saturday and Stevie ready to headline Sunday night, The Pyramid Stage boasts another world class line-up for 2010.

Having recently released their third album Plastic Beach, featuring guests including Lou Reed, Snoop Dogg, Mos Def and Bobby Womack, Gorillaz launched their new live show at US festival Coachella in California in April. They are set to play other European festivals including Denmark's Roskilde on 1 July and Benicassim in Spain on 18 July, followed by a UK and European Arena tour in September and November 2010.