PDA

View Full Version : What Would Be Your Plan For Immigration Reform?

BigBadBrian
05-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Seriously. I would consider any and all ideas.

FORD has said to legalize drugs. That's one route. What else? I'll post my ideas in a day or two.

ELVIS
05-28-2010, 09:24 AM
There's no need for "immigration reform."

The needs are to enforce the laws and to seal the border...

LoungeMachine
05-28-2010, 09:38 AM

wtf????????????

I agree with ELVIS ???????????????????

wtf??????????

:gulp:

ELVIS
05-28-2010, 09:44 AM
:rockit:

:elvis:

jhale667
05-28-2010, 09:56 AM
wtf????????????

I agree with ELVIS ???????????????????

wtf??????????

I KNOW, what's UP with that??

Agree, drugs should be legalized, and the existing immigration laws should be enforced more vigorously.

BigBadBrian
05-28-2010, 11:00 AM

That itself is change...reform.

Should this Berlin Wall Style fence be built? A more robust version of sections of fencing already in place?

http://www.borderfenceproject.com/

ELVIS
05-28-2010, 12:11 PM
The word 'reform' means to amend or improve by the means of change...

We don't need change, we need enforcement...

knuckleboner
05-30-2010, 02:33 PM
actually, big E, we do need reform. and here's what i'd do:

it's a crime to enter the country illegally, so we label it as such. just like other crimes that, by themselves, aren't violent or that bad, we punish you with a reasonable punishment. in this case, we give illegal immigrants a timeframe by which they can come forward, admit their crime, and take their punishment. in order to be eligible, they need to have no violent crimes on their record, and have a history of either continuous work, or a willingness to commit to job training and english language classes. in addition, their punishment includes 3 straight years of $500 in fines, and they have to submit to DNA and fingerprint databases. once admitting their crime and undergoing punishment, the illegal immigrant receives a temporary visa, but a new, lower class. it is probationary; subject to revocation with the first criminal conviction, the first time they skip a fine payment, or the first time they skip out on job training / english classes if they don't have a current job. at that point, they are back to being illegal aliens and subject to deportation as soon as they're caught.

for every 1 million illegal immigrants that register, the government gets $1.5 billion over 3 years. the yearly fines go to processing and monitoring the probationary immigrants, increased border security - both manpower and capital survelliance/fence equipment on the border, increased deportation funding, and increased funding to investigate and prosecute employers who hire illegal immigrants.

any temporary immigrant who makes it through their 3 year probation can apply for a normal green card, and receives the same status that any recent, legal immigrant would receive.

the fact is that even if we had the money to deport 12 to 20 million illegal residents (which we don't) doing so wouldn't solve anything. absent border security, which we don't have, and which also costs money that we don't have, deporting is worthless, anyways. i deport you, you come back.

that last piece is changing the amount of legal, temporary workers we allow into the country. during the boom times, the incentive to come into the country was huge. it had nothing to do with benefits, and everything to do with the lure of high-paying jobs (relative to what they could get in their home countries). during the late 1990s, we had unemployment in the 4-5% range. WAY low. the illegal immigrants were not taking jobs away from people. they were, by and large, taking the low-wage (for American standards), low-skilled jobs legal residents generally didn't want. when the demand for jobs increases, and the supply of legal workers is not enough to meet the demand, we should increase the amount of legal immigrants we allow in, even if just temporarily.
increasing border security (which we need for national security as well), increasing deportations (which we currently do very little of), increasing employer investigations (which we also do very little of) and allowing for temporary legal immigration when demand increases, will discourage future illegal immigration. and we do so in a way that increases national security, as well.

lesfunk
05-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Enforce the existing laws. Hire Americans. Punish those who do not. Fortify the border. Legalize Heroin, OD a hippie.... ah... forget that last part

lesfunk
05-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Outlaw Political correctness.

sadaist
05-30-2010, 04:05 PM
That itself is change...reform.

Should this Berlin Wall Style fence be built? A more robust version of sections of fencing already in place?

http://www.borderfenceproject.com/

The problem is there are huge swaths where no fence exists. Many other parts where it's simply a 6 foot high rusted out chain link fence with gaping holes & missing pieces. Some pieces are rusted metal posts with large parts missing.

Build a decent border. We don't need moats filled with sharks, electrified razor wires, mine fields and snipers waiting. A decent wall will slow the influx. Enforcing the laws here is what will really make the difference. Combined and it becomes a small problem. We will never stop it 100%. Much like we can never stop drunk driving or car theft 100%. But we have allowed it to get way out of hand. The tools are available for us, but for some reason our government chooses not to utilize them.

Hardrock69
05-31-2010, 01:39 AM
Legalize POT, and enforce the immigration laws.

Much as cocaine and heroin are major sources of revenue for the cartels, and legalization would remove the profit, I still have seen too many people's lives destroyed by them. So I am not in favor of legalizing hard drugs.
I am in favor of 'reform' of marijuana laws, not immigration laws. The reform that is necessary in regards to immigration is a reform in US policy as to enforcement of the laws. I think Mobama's decision to send National Guard troops to the border is a step in the right direction. But we need to seal our borders somehow.

GAR
05-31-2010, 01:56 AM
We can't have any discussion on "paths to citizenship" without paths-to-deportation.

I would begin an incarceration study first based on distributed holdings by Federal Regions one thru ten, which the lower-48 states feed regionally all deportation bodies off to leaving the biggest three in the border states of CA, AZ and TX.

Another thing I'd do about illegal immigration is quit lying about the actual number of these felons: if Arizona caught half a million just last year tresspassing, you know five times that got in or more. So do the math: five times .5 million = 2.5 mil, times twentyfive years= 62.5 million. And you wonder why there's a "browning" of America? My family didn't fight for that shit.. clear the land, kill the indians, build the roads, build the cities, fight the wars.. only to let some wetbacks steal it off for their children - fuck that!

This has been going on since the Reagan amnesty, and all those who saw that go down are in this country right now waiting for their chance to re-up on another Amnesty, and that's just bullshit.

I think the actual number is 30 to fifty million illegal job-stealing, drug-dealing, uneducated and superstitious Catholic assholes on our soil right now or more.. boy wouldn't the Democrats just love to have a new voter base like that! A bunch of dumbfucks voting for dumbfucks.. even Keith Olberman (dumbfuck, look him up) thinks Congress is a bunch of dumbfucks including the dumbfucks in the White House. So what does that say about it for you?

Nitro Express
05-31-2010, 07:04 AM
Anyone caught in the US illegally will be deported to Antarctica.

Nitro Express
05-31-2010, 07:05 AM
Anyone caught hiring illegals with be drafted into the military and given mine clearing duty.

Blaze
05-31-2010, 11:11 PM
What is the point of borders any more? It is just more limitations put on us by The Man!

Nickdfresh
06-01-2010, 09:29 AM
I think the actual number is 30 to fifty million illegal job-stealing, drug-dealing, uneducated and superstitious Catholic assholes on our soil right now or more.. ...

Right. We have plenty of native, white ignorant uneducated superstitious dumbfucks like yourself. We certainly don't need any more...

Jagermeister
06-01-2010, 11:13 AM

I agree. The only way to slow the flood is to plug the hole. And it's a bid damn hole. The only was to deter(we'll never stop them) Mexicans from entering the country is to make it more difficult to get in. In addition make it more difficult to survive once they get in.

BigBadBrian
06-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Right. We have plenty of native, white ignorant uneducated superstitious dumbfucks like yourself. We certainly don't need any more...

Substitute 'black' for 'white' Nick and you'll see what a really racist statement you just made.

Nickdfresh
06-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Substitute 'black' for 'white' Nick and you'll see what a really racist statement you just made.

http://afrocityblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/thats_racist_animated1.gif?w=310

jhale667
06-03-2010, 03:24 PM
So, Nick made a racist statement by REFERENCING a KNOWN racist's comment? Yeah right BBBitch. Tell us another one. Notice you said NOTHING to said racist shit-stain for the comment Nick quoted - hypocrite.

Guitar Shark
06-03-2010, 04:02 PM

All right. So how do we pay for that?

PETE'S BROTHER
06-03-2010, 04:17 PM
we've been paying for it with tax dollars

Guitar Shark
06-03-2010, 04:31 PM
But it would cost a LOT, LOT more to do what ELVIS is proposing. Clearly, the money that is being spent now has not been effective. Where does the rest of the money come from?

PETE'S BROTHER
06-03-2010, 06:09 PM
ummmm......legalizing weed and taxin' the shit out of it.

not givin' illegals jobs, driver's licensscessesccses, get out of jail free cards, free health care.

have prisoners be the labor force for construction of the wall.

somebody was gonna raise maneating javelinas for the moat too.:)

PETE'S BROTHER
06-03-2010, 06:10 PM
and i think the effects of the money spent on border security has certainly slowed the flow of illegal traffic.

BigBadBrian
06-03-2010, 06:57 PM
So, Nick made a racist statement by REFERENCING a KNOWN racist's comment? Yeah right BBBitch. Tell us another one. Notice you said NOTHING to said racist shit-stain for the comment Nick quoted - hypocrite.

Listen you ultra-ugly-monkey, shouldn't you go change that ugly ass picture on your twitter account instead of getting into a battle of wits you can't win? Hmm? :biggrin:

Nickdfresh
06-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Listen you ultra-ugly-monkey, shouldn't you go change that ugly ass picture on your twitter account instead of getting into a battle of wits you can't win? Hmm? :biggrin:

Dude, you really jerkoff to people's Facecrook and Twatter accounts?

LoungeMachine
06-03-2010, 08:00 PM

God only knows what he trolls for on Myspace.....

BigBadBrian
06-04-2010, 11:41 AM

Only your mom's.

Actually, who's to blame when I'm looking for dirt on someone: me or the moron that uses the same unique username all over the Internet? Wasn't it you that warned people of this very thing on the thread where DoucheMachine whined about BF?

Blaze
06-04-2010, 01:00 PM
BBB, you are like some left over relic from web 1.0
Most people have realized there is no point acting like a Schizo in communities.
Communications and daily life happens as much by use of electronic media as hard copy.
BBB, here is your formal invitation to the year 2010.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4669652872_3b42d85aa4.jpg

jhale667
06-04-2010, 01:49 PM

Again, the ladies disagree with your "ugly" assessment, and their opinions actually COUNT... :cool:

And as for "matching wits" with you? I win by default, because you ALWAYS show up UNARMED. :lmao:

But the more interesting thing is: WHY do you feel the NEED to get "dirt" on someone? Because THEY'VE BESTED YOU, AND YOU HAVE NO OTHER RECOURSE due to your tiny little brain, lack of ethics or common decency, and impaired debate skills. Clearly that's it. Just like BF - I, Lounge (and everyone else here) OWNED you, and you do THAT shit out of complete, utter desperation. Which STILL only proves what a joke you are. You're pathetic. Deal with it.

And WHY THE FUCK do I need different user names? Unlike you, I have nothing to hide. I post everywhere as MYSELF, dipshit. Not an "Internet Character". You're the one who feels threatened, and thus HAD to go "looking for dirt". Seek professional help. Or maybe I should dig for your info for the eventual RESTRAINING ORDER, weirdo?

Pathetic, mental midget, OWNED stalker-ass troll.

jhale667
06-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Actually, who's to blame when I'm looking for dirt on someone

YOU. Dumbass.

Nickdfresh
06-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Only your mom's.

My mom doesn't have one. And she doesn't fuck squid losers, like your wife does...

Actually, who's to blame when I'm looking for dirt on someone: me or the moron that uses the same unique username all over the Internet? Wasn't it you that warned people of this very thing on the thread where DoucheMachine whined about BF?

Maybe you, since you're a loser enough to actually give a fuck to look someone up?

GAR
06-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Wasn't it you that warned people of this very thing on the thread where DoucheMachine whined about BF?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_dlkAw43cLC0/SSgREVIZzsI/AAAAAAAAA9w/hF-tMbNmNRE/s800/11-owned.jpg

TongueNGroove
06-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Since the Federal Government will never enforce the immigration laws on the books because the Democrats need the Votes and the Republicans need the cheap labor, I say let each State create its own laws and enforce them. The federal government should subsidize these laws by paying each state for every deportation it has to deal with.

TongueNGroove
06-21-2010, 02:07 AM

Amen Brother

Nickdfresh
06-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Actually, the equivalent term for blacks would be "ghetto trash"--and while perhaps racist--would at least acknowledge that class is more a matter of, well, class and socioeconomic status than inherent racial makeup...