PDA

View Full Version : Phil Lewis appears on "WHOLE LOTTA LOVE: An All-Star Salute To Fat Chicks.

Jagermeister
06-04-2010, 02:20 PM
SplitScreen Entertainment announces the next in its series of uniquely-themed tribute albums, "WHOLE LOTTA LOVE: An All-Star Salute To Fat Chicks." The follow-up to its premier offering "KISS MY ANKH: A Tribute To Vinnie Vincent"from 2008, the album is a musical homage to the big, beautiful women who make the rockin' world go 'round. "WHOLE LOTTA LOVE"will feature all-new recordings of popular songs praising the fuller female figure, originally made famous by some of the biggest names in rock and pop music. These anthems to abundance will be performed by renowned rock & rollers from yesterday and today, along with a select few rising stars. In direct opposition to the "no fat chicks" mantra espoused by some, "WHOLE LOTTA LOVE"will be a star-studded celebration of large and lovely ladies.

Starting off the salute with a regal flourish is Queen's arena rock classic "Fat Bottomed Girls," sung by Phil Lewis of Hollywood warhorse L.A. Guns. A favorite song from his youth in the UK, Phil lends an appropriately British flair to this beloved ode to the amply endowed derriere. The track was arranged and produced by Paul LaPlaca (Chris Caffrey, The Great Kat, Zandelle), who also contributes lead and rhythm guitar. Keeping the beat is drummer extraordinaire John Macaluso (Yngwie Malmsteen, Riot, TNT), with bass provided by Joey Bones and additional guitars by Robert Sadowski. A sample of the song is now available at the official "WHOLE LOTTA LOVE" MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/WholeLottaLoveTribute"There is much to be said for those exquisite women who are built for comfort, rather than speed," professes Phil Lewis. "Skinny little spinners have never done it for me. They were always too boney for my particular taste. Let's hear it for the plush princesses who are confident in their curves! You truly do make my rockin' world go 'round."

"'WHOLE LOTTA LOVE' is something of a dream project for me," adds SplitScreen Entertainment founder A.J. Confessore, "combining two of my favorite things into one milestone effort. A rock & roll tribute to the ample beauty of the plus-sized woman is an idea I've been tinkering with for most of my adult years. I'm therefore overjoyed to have the support of such noteworthy rockers in at last giving life to this unlikely notion."

Additional artists and track listings will be announced as they are confirmed. "WHOLE LOTTA LOVE: An All-Star Salute To Fat Chicks" is scheduled for an August 31, 2010 release and is now available for pre-order directly from SplitScreen Entertainment. The first 500 pre-orders will receive a free instant digital download of "Fat Bottomed Girls"and a surprise bonus item upon delivery of the album. Further details can be found at the SplitScreen Entertainment website.

GreenBayLA
06-06-2010, 06:26 AM
Countdown to Whole Lotta Rosie cover...