PDA

View Full Version : Inside Iraq - Are Bush and Blair above the law?

Blaze
06-07-2010, 10:56 AM
A must watch!

June 07, 2010 — Many attempts have been made to try Tony Blair and George Bush for war crimes, but to no avail. In this episode of Inside Iraq, we ask: Is justice the property of the strong and is this a case of might is right?

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B0Zg-OwnvWA&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B0Zg-OwnvWA&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

ELVIS
06-07-2010, 11:00 AM
*yawn*

Blaze
06-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I am still watching it, but these two gentleman must be members here! :biggrin:

Blaze
06-07-2010, 11:03 AM
*yawn*

If Elvis thumb downs it, You know it is worth the watch :baaa:

Seshmeister
06-07-2010, 11:03 AM
You may yawn but there are countries they won't visit as it's too risky they might be arrested.

In 10 years time who knows.

Remember your pal Pinochet eventually got arrested by the Spanish and the US had propped him up for many years as he killed his people.

ELVIS
06-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Well, build wind farms in Iraq. That might help...

:elvis:

Anonymous
06-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Remember your pal Pinochet eventually got arrested by the Spanish and the US had propped him up for many years as he killed his people.

Aw, c'mon Sesh... Soda in your beer may be a crime, but as far as it actually killing people, it's a bit of a stretch.

Cheers! :bottle:

Blaze
06-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Best quote.
Brad Blackman - Saude supported us not with things but with secret good thoughts. :biggrin:

Blaze
06-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Hassan Issa may be a bald pudgy guy but his presence and demur made him quite voluptuous.

BigBadBrian
06-07-2010, 11:43 AM
A must watch!

June 07, 2010 — Many attempts have been made to try Tony Blair and George Bush for war crimes

No crimes were committed by these two.

:gulp:

Hardrock69
06-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Except Genocide, Murder, High Treason, Fraud, Conspiracy......need I go on?

Oh sorry...don't want to bring any of that horrible 'reality' to your little fantasy world.

Seshmeister
06-07-2010, 12:34 PM
The Attorney General in the UK said in writing that his legal opinion was that an invasion would be illegal until he was eventually 'persuaded' to stop saying that...

BigBadBrian
06-07-2010, 12:37 PM
The Attorney General in the UK said in writing that his legal opinion was that an invasion would be illegal until he was eventually 'persuaded' to stop saying that...

How does he justify his legal "opinion?"

BigBadBrian
06-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Except Genocide, Murder, High Treason, Fraud, Conspiracy......need I go on?

Oh sorry...don't want to bring any of that horrible 'reality' to your little fantasy world.

Good to hear from you, DumbAsARock69.

Prove your points above. Cite international Law, if you can, even though no international law trumps the US Constitution.

Blaze
06-07-2010, 12:45 PM
No crimes were committed by these two.

:gulp:

As the voluptuous Issa says when expressing an interjection, "Oh my goodness," "for heaven's sake."

Seshmeister
06-07-2010, 04:17 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/01/29/could-tony-blair-be-tried-for-war-crimes-115875-22002770/

...Fellow lawyer Philippe Sands QC, professor of international law at University College London, said Mr Blair could face prosecution in another country – and claimed the former PM had already started altering his travel arrangements as a result.

Mr Sands said: “When Tony Blair travels he now gets legal advice on where he can go and the pattern of extradition agreements.”

He said there were about 50 countries in the world which had enshrined the crime of aggression into their law and would therefore be unsafe for Mr Blair to visit.

These include many South American states and some Eastern European countries including Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan.

Mr Sands added: “The possibility of a national prosecutor going after Blair in some foreign jurisdiction is reasonably high.”

“I cannot think of a single international lawyer who thinks the war was lawful. Not a single name comes to mind.

“That’s got to be telling.”

Hardrock69
06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
BigBadBrucie wants to open the entire "Invasion Of Iraq Without Legal Justification" can of worms again.

Go use Google, bozoboi.

Seshmeister
06-07-2010, 05:56 PM
no international law trumps the US Constitution.

Only when they are in the US. Why do you think Blair spends so much time there these days?

I think Blair is much more vunerable than Bush.

For a start like most countries the UK is a signatory to the international criminal court unlike the US, North Korea and Burma.

Secondly a lot of people in the UK would support it.

To be honest I don't think it will happen but it's definitely not impossible and I'm glad it's a threat he needs to live with.

Blaze
06-07-2010, 09:36 PM
This link has an interesting documentary

Friday, 6 September, 2002, 03:49 GMT 04:49 UK
Kaufman pessimistic over Israel's future

Gerald Kaufman - an outspoken critic of Ariel Sharon's policies - revokes his public vow never to return to Israel for a new BBC documentary, and finds less reason for optimism than ever before.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/2219194.stm

BigBadBrian
06-08-2010, 12:19 PM
BigBadBrucie wants to open the entire "Invasion Of Iraq Without Legal Justification" can of worms again.

Yeah, let's open it up again, Shortbus!

Take your pick:
a. We should have taken Saddam out in '91
b. Taking Saddam out in 2003 was the right thing to do
c. We should have left Saddam in power, he was a great neighbor to everyone in the Middle East and caused no trouble

ELVIS
06-08-2010, 01:28 PM
What was accomplished by taking Saddam out ??

Seshmeister
06-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Yeah, let's open it up again, Shortbus!

Take your pick:
a. We should have taken Saddam out in '91
b. Taking Saddam out in 2003 was the right thing to do
c. We should have left Saddam in power, he was a great neighbor to everyone in the Middle East and caused no trouble

LMAO!

So now it's about how good a neighbor he was.

And how exactly do you think the US or Israel stands up in this new 'Good Neighbor' criteria to avoid having 100s of thousands of your civilians killed?

Top 10?

Top 50?

Top 100?

BigBadBrian
06-10-2010, 07:45 AM
What was accomplished by taking Saddam out ??

Liberals bitched that we didn't do it in '91. I think they are right on that one. I got fucking tired of going over to that sandbox everytime Saddam got his courage up and rattled his sword (or the one time Bill Clinton wagged the dog). Saddam would have needed taken out sooner or later. We thought the Shiites and Kurds would do it after the Gulf War in '91. That didn't happen....we let Saddam slaughter the rebels while the coalition still had 500,000 combat troops in kuwait and Iraq.

Seshmeister
06-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Nope.

ELVIS
06-10-2010, 08:34 AM
I asked what was accomplished...