PDA

View Full Version : RAINBOW Albums To Be Reissued On Vinyl

Jagermeister
06-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Back On Black, which specializes in vinyl editions of classic metal albums and is dedicated to providing top-quality releases for record collectors and metal fans worldwide, has announced that 2010 will see the release of the original classic RAINBOW albums on vinyl. All records will be 180-gram heavyweight vinyl and packaged in deluxe gatefold sleeves. The first 1,000 copies of each title will come in limited-edition colored vinyl.

Due out on July 12 are the following titles:

* Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow (1975)
* Rising (1976)
* On Stage (1977)
* Long Live Rock 'n' Roll (1978)
* Down To Earth (1979)
* Difficult to Cure (1981)
* Straight Between the Eyes (1982)
* Finyl Vinyl (1986)

RAINBOW was an English rock band formed in 1975 by former DEEP PURPLE guitarist Ritchie Blackmore. In addition to Blackmore, the group originally consisted of former ELF members; lead singer Ronnie James Dio (who later joined BLACK SABBATH), keyboardist Mickey Lee Soule, bassist Craig Gruber, and drummer Gary Driscoll. Over the years RAINBOW went through many lineup changes.

RAINBOW was ranked #90 on VH1's "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock."

Jagermeister
06-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Kick fuckin asprin!

ELVIS
06-09-2010, 10:14 AM
AspIrin...even...:biggrin:

ELVIS
06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Black On Black (http://www.backonblack.com/)

:elvis:

Jagermeister
06-09-2010, 10:25 AM
:biggrin:

Stop it!

kissfan1976
06-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Effin' Cool!!

indeedido
06-09-2010, 12:28 PM
That is cool. I was just putting together a compilation of my fav Rainbow tunes.

Starwood
06-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Fuck yes. STARGAZER!

Terry
06-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Finally snagged a British import of the full length version of Finyl Vinyl on cd (had a Japanese import cd that left several songs off) recently, which enabled me to chuck my 20 year odd old cassette...I can't be bothered going backwards to vinyl versions with Rainbow.

chefcraig
06-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Finally snagged a British import of the full length version of Finyl Vinyl on cd (had a Japanese import cd that left several songs off) recently, which enabled me to chuck my 20 year odd old cassette...I can't be bothered going backwards to vinyl versions with Rainbow.

That's what has always driven me up the wall about Purple LTD.: The inconsistency of the various releases that lasts to this day, forcing you to purchase expensive imports from Japan or Europe. For years I sought after a vinyl release called Powerhouse. It featured the recorded but unused tracks played by Purple before Jon Lord recorded his live album with an orchestra. As a result, it had one of the few official recordings of Ian Gillan singing "Hush". It also had some rare B sides as well, but it cost around 40 bucks U.S. at the time (early 1980s).

Believe it or not, I found it nearly a decade later in a cut-out bin for under 5 bucks, after CDs became all the rage and vinyl disappeared.

Terry
06-17-2010, 09:39 PM
That's what has always driven me up the wall about Purple LTD.: The inconsistency of the various releases that lasts to this day, forcing you to purchase expensive imports from Japan or Europe. For years I sought after a vinyl release called Powerhouse. It featured the recorded but unused tracks played by Purple before Jon Lord recorded his live album with an orchestra. As a result, it had one of the few official recordings of Ian Gillan singing "Hush". It also had some rare B sides as well, but it cost around 40 bucks U.S. at the time (early 1980s).

Believe it or not, I found it nearly a decade later in a cut-out bin for under 5 bucks, after CDs became all the rage and vinyl disappeared.

I had stumbled across the Finyl Vinyl Japanese cd import several years back in a second hand music store, scooped it up for like 25 bucks...it was a used import, no less, although in excellent condition. However, there were like 5 tracks from the US original 1986 release not included on this version.

Same store, several years later, there's the British import with all the tracks, for half the price.

I have that same thing happen with older, more obscure movies, where they haven't been released on dvd and I presume the chances of them ever being released on dvd are slim to none. So I hunt down an old vhs tape, sometimes paying $50 or more, get the vhs tape duped over to a dvd (or I buy a pirated dvd copy from some seller online who specializes in obscure titles), then sure enough the damn movie gets an official dvd release...more than once I've gone through that whole process, only to end up a year or so afterwards finding them in those bargain bins at WalMart for like $5.

Same biz happened with the mid-1970s flick Elvis On Tour. Couple of years back I find this old, local Mom and Pop video store that specializes in the transfer of old 8 and 16mm home movies and home vhs movies to dvds. The place used to be a vhs rental store from WAY back when...like, the early 1980s, so they've got loads of old rentals in the original cases that they're selling off, because their main bread and butter now is performing those tranfers (plus, nobody wants to rent vhs tapes anymore). I paid $35 for the Elvis movie, duped it over to dvd at home, and just recently I read that the movie is gonna get an official dvd release.

chefcraig
06-17-2010, 10:19 PM
The same damned thing happened to me! I had a spectacularly crummy vhs copy of one of the two sets Led Zeppelin played live at Knebworth in 1979. The source material was a BBC documentary, but the tape itself was a ghastly, third or fourth generation dub. The band were not exactly splendid either, with Page being fairly shaky due to his drug use. But at the time, it was one of a very small amount of pro shot live Zeppelin footage, so I decided to have it transferred to DVD. So I found a shop that essentially did the same as your mom and pop outfit did, and around 40 bucks later, I had a copy (actually, they were nice enough to make me a couple copies). And of course, naturally the Led Zeppelin DVD was released 5 months later, containing the same damned footage in a considerably more impressive format. To top things off, Best Buy had a deal in the first week of release where you could purchase both the DVD and the How The West Was Won set together for less than I paid for my Knebworth copy. :mad0222::duh: