PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian Bach says hes got major label interest.

Jagermeister
06-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach has posted the following message on Twitlonger.com, a related Twitter site where one can post messages longer than 140 characters:

"Yes! The update I've been waiting to write! Management tells me a MAJOR label has come to the table with the [financial backing] to make our next CD! This is great news. I can't tell u who it is yet, but the label wants to get going NOW on the new CD! We have six songs for sure that will be on it! Three or four more and we're good to go. Nick [Sterling, guitar] is comin' out next week to write and record and show me how to work Pro Tools! Then Sweden and Norway, then NEW CD!! Looking forward to layin' the new tunes on ya!"

Bach's current solo band includes guitarists Nick Sterling and Johnny Chromatic, drummer Bobby Jarzombek and bassist Rob DeLuca.

Bach supported GUNS N' ROSES on their recently completed South American and Canadian tours.

Sebastian last year collaborated with HATEBREED frontman Jamey Jasta on several tracks for Bach's new solo album, with Nick and Charlie Bellmore of the Connecticut band PHANTOMS assisting during the pre-production process. The singer has also written material with John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON).

Bach is best known for selling 20 million albums as the former lead singer of SKID ROW. He has gone on to star on Broadway and television, including five seasons on CW's "Gilmore Girls", as well as hit shows on VH1, MTV and CMT. Bach's most recent studio project was "Angel Down", his first solo album since 1999. The record features 14 songs with a guest appearance by GUNS N' ROSES front man Axl Rose on three cuts, including a blistering version of AEROSMITH's "Back In The Saddle".

Jagermeister
06-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I like his new band. I really hope this works out. If the sum bitch would stop drinking all the time someone he would be better off.

Starwood
06-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Starwood jammed with one of his old guitarists - Adam Albright - a few years ago. Dude had some kool Bach stories and killer fkn TONE.

Diamondjimi
06-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Diamondjimi used to party with Sabastian and Maria when they used to live in Toronto. Cool peeps....

Hardrock69
06-09-2010, 10:00 PM
I used to listen to Skid Row's first couple of albums. They were asskickers when they first started out.
Is Major Label interest really something to be proud of?

Jagermeister
06-09-2010, 11:18 PM
I used to listen to Skid Row's first couple of albums. They were asskickers when they first started out.
Is Major Label interest really something to be proud of?

Well yea. Any lable for Bach
fans is good.

Well I think anyway????

sadaist
06-10-2010, 12:47 AM

They really were. They got kinda a bad rep with people not in the know for songs like I remember you. People thought they were another Poison or something. Far from it. Actually had some heavy duty chops.

Hardrock69
06-10-2010, 01:54 AM
It was just the usual major label meddling, trying to water their ass down.

Major Labels have a reverse King Midas effect...95% of everything they touch turns to shit.

Hardrock69
06-10-2010, 01:54 AM
It was just the usual major label meddling, trying to water their ass down.

Major Labels have a reverse King Midas effect...95% of everything they touch turns to shit.

binnie
06-10-2010, 03:17 AM
This guy works his ass off - he does a lot of media whore stuff, especially on VH1, but what people don't realize is that he does that to fund his music.

There has been talk of a Skid Row reunion, but Baz has knocked it on the head without there being any new music. To me, not wanting a nostalgia trip is pretty admirable.

Great voice, 'Slave to the Grind' is an outstanding metal record....

Mr Walker
06-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Mr Walker considers 'Angel Down' one of the worst things he's ever heard in his life.

ELVIS
06-10-2010, 08:39 AM
He sucks!

ELVIS
06-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Bach and fellow loser Bret Michaels should do a gay power ballad duet...

Hardrock69
06-10-2010, 09:08 AM
:lmao:

binnie
06-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Mr Walker considers 'Angel Down' one of the worst things he's ever heard in his life.

Really? Sounded like a pretty decent heavy metal record to me. Solid but not spectacular, and with too many songs.

It was certainly a long way from Skid Row, but I respect that - if bands try to emulate their glory days it just becomes a nostalgia trip (at best) and a descent into self-parody (at worst.) The cover of 'Back in the Saddle' was a mistake but 'Love is a Bitchslap' and 'American Metal' were great displays of metal in all of its foot-stomping, fist-pumping glory. I also thought that the ballad 'By Your Side' had a good hook, and was an interesting take on the loss of a loved one. Too often, those kind of songs come off as trite.

Jagermeister
06-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Diamondjimi used to party with Sabastian and Maria when they used to live in Toronto. Cool peeps....

Maria is hot huh?

Lucky bastard jimi. :(

Jagermeister
06-10-2010, 11:08 AM

I have never heard it I don't think. Why is Mr. Walker so down on it?

Baby's On Fire
06-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Baz kicks ass, and Angel Down is a good CD.

Back in the Saddle is one of the greatest covers ever......Axl sounds unbelievable on all 3 songs he did.

Jagermeister
04-26-2011, 10:23 AM
SEBASTIAN BACH: Eight Songs Mixed, Five To Go - Apr. 26, 2011

Former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach recently entered a Los Angeles studio with his new, young, virtuosic guitarist Nick Sterling, drummer Bobby Jarzombek and producer Bob Marlette (BLACK SABBATH, SHINEDOWN, ATREYU, FILTER) to record Bach's next CD, tentatively due this fall via the Italian label Frontiers Records.

In a Twitter post dated April 25, Bach writes, "I am having the time of my life right now cranking eight final mixes of the new record! Yes, that's right — producer extraordinaire Bob Marlette has completed eight out of 13 final mixes for the record and I just cannot tell you how clean, clear, loud, groovin', classy, heavy and crazy this music sounds! Everything sounds better than I ever could have imagined and I cannot wait for you all to jam out to this!"

Bach previously stated about his new solo material, "This CD will follow along the lines of 'Skid Row', 'Slave To The Grind', 'Subhuman Race' and 'Angel Down'. If you like rockin' guitar riffs, high-energy songs and performances, deadly drums of doom, and ear-shattering screams, we got your rock right here!" He also described the songs as "heavy, interesting, classic sounding, modern sounding, completely rock 'n' roll — just how we like it!"

I like this kid. I hope this new album is as good as I think it should be.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-26-2011, 10:25 AM
been watchin' that kid for years down here in the valley, quite talented..

Diamondjimi
04-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Good guitarist. Be good to see Bach put out a great album. It's been a lot of years...

Jagermeister
04-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Good guitarist. Be good to see Bach put out a great album. It's been a lot of years...

Yeah. It's taking them a long time to get it together I think. Why is it all these people have to milk the fuck out of the studio these days?

Hardrock69
04-26-2011, 12:40 PM
to record Bach's next CD, tentatively due this fall via the Italian label Frontiers Records.

Some MAJOR label that is....

Diamondjimi
04-26-2011, 01:37 PM
Yeah. It's taking them a long time to get it together I think. Why is it all these people have to milk the fuck out of the studio these days?

He probably has his own home studio, so he can take his time...

But he's in dire need of coming up with something significant. The Skid Row stuff he's known for was almost entirely written by Dave Sabo (S.R. guitarist)... And that was what? 23 years ago?

Diamondjimi
04-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Some MAJOR label that is....

I almost forgot that there was still "record companies" out there... :lmao:

The only thing they're good for these days is putting up the loot to put bands on tour.They've been fleecing artist's for decades. The suffering they go through is simply Karma doing it's job. :baaa:

binnie
04-27-2011, 01:54 PM

But he's in dire need of coming up with something significant. The Skid Row stuff he's known for was almost entirely written by Dave Sabo (S.R. guitarist)... And that was what? 23 years ago?

That last Skid Row record with baz was 1995. Since then he's put out a live record, a studio record (Angel Down), and a couple of side projects: 'The Last Hard Men' (with Smashing Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlain) and 'Frameshift: absence of empathy' (prog rock - VERY cool.) He's been busy. I think of his post Skid Row career a bit like DLR's in the mid-late '90s: constant touring under the radar.

Jagermeister
04-27-2011, 02:01 PM

No shit. Dire need. I am sure in his mind he is like how can you top the Skid Row stuff. Which is a really good question.

binnie
04-27-2011, 03:24 PM
He can't top the Skid Row stuff - what artist in their 40s can compete with their 25 year old self?

It just needs to be solid and enjoyable.

Baby's On Fire
04-27-2011, 08:42 PM
If VH can actually release an album this year, the timing with Baz album would allow for Baz to open for VH. That would be a great show.

Hardrock69
04-28-2011, 01:46 AM
Have to agree.

Seshmeister
04-28-2011, 07:28 AM
The hair dryer on the Bach tour bus is going to worked hard...

Dave's Bitch
04-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Huge Baz fan b ut i think his voice is shot.Shame he was never bigger,i always thought he should have been bigger.It would be cool to see him open for VH

Seshmeister
04-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Great voice, total fucking idiot hole.

binnie
04-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Nah, he's just a rock n roll singer.

How many rock frontmen could you actually tolerate for a month in your own life?

Seshmeister
04-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Bach takes it to a whole new level though. A month, try 10 minutes without hitting him? :)

Hardrock69
04-29-2011, 10:10 PM
I recall seeing him on MTV with Halford, doing a version "Delivering The Goods" and as a singer he held up extremely well compared to Halford.

Unlike Vince Neil against Halford in the "We Are Stars" benefit single.