PDA

View Full Version : Democrat who loses to ordinary citizen cries foul

BigBadBrian
06-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Link (http://www.wyff4.com/news/23897484/detail.html)
Alvin Greene's Opponent Protesting Primary
Defeated US Senate Candidate Vic Rawl Targets Voting Machines

The candidate who lost the Democratic primary for a U.S. Senate race to an unemployed veteran facing a criminal charge filed a protest Monday of the June 8 election results.

Vic Rawl, a judge and former state lawmaker, said his filing has nothing to do with the controversy surrounding his opponent, Alvin Greene.

"It's whether or not your vote was accurately counted and the way you intended to cast it," Rawl said at a press conference in Charleston on Monday afternoon. "My concern is the sanctity of the process."

Rawl said he has heard from numerous voters and poll workers who reported "extremely unusual incidents" during the June 8 election.

"These range from voters who repeatedly pushed the screen for me only to have the other candidates' names appear, to poll workers who had to change program cards multiple times to at least one voter in the Republican primary who had the Democrat U.S. Senate race appear on her ballot."

Rawl said in Lancaster County, results show he won 80 percent of the votes cast through absentee ballots but lost to Greene by 17 percent, based on machine totals.

On Monday, Democratic state Sen. Phil Leventis wrote a letter to the South Carolina Election Commission to request that the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division impound all the voting machines used in the primary.

Rawl said the type of machines used in South Carolina have a history of problems in other states.

"It is worth noting that these machines were purchased surplus from Louisiana after that state outlawed them," said Rawl. "These are touch-screen computer-operated voter machines. There is no independent paper back up for any of them."

"If, in fact, there is a systemic program, from what I understand, it would have to be in the statewide software."

Chris Whitmire, the public information officer for the South Carolina State Election Commission, expressed his confidence in the current voting system through the following statement:

"On June 22, 2010, South Carolina voters will go to the polls to vote in the statewide Primary Runoffs. As in every election, The South Carolina State Election Commission is committed to protecting the accuracy, integrity and confidence in the voter registration and election process. What’s more, we are dedicated to ensuring that every vote matters and every vote counts in South Carolina.

"Security of the voting process has always a primary focus of the State Election Commission, and we have full confidence in the accuracy and reliability of the state’s voting system. South Carolina has a proud history of safe, secure and accurate elections. The system has been used in thousands of election since its implementation in 2004 and has always functioned as it is designed to function. The system is protected, the system is secure, and most importantly, the system is accurate. We are confident in the system’s ability to perform in the Runoff as it has thousands of times before – accurately and reliably – and encourage South Carolinians to continue to make their voice heard by voting on June 22."

Rawl said a team of computer experts, statisticians and political historians are reviewing the outcome of his primary race.

Rawl said he will present more details during a protest hearing on Thursday before the executive committee of the South Carolina Democratic Party.

Keiana Page, communications director for the SCDP, says the executive committee's actions could include ordering a new election. If a new election is ordered, the SCDP and commission Election would set a date before Aug. 16. Greene could also appeal the decision.

If the executive committee upholds the results of the election, Rawl could file an appeal

sadaist
06-16-2010, 01:16 AM
There is something really strange happening here. I look forward to when the truth comes out. This guy is a weird dude too. Gonna be a good story.

Hardrock69
06-16-2010, 09:14 AM
Stranger things have happened.....I mean, who would have thought a chimpanzee could get elected President?
http://i50.tinypic.com/2196tsn.jpg

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah, and now we have a blue lipped baboon...

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 10:16 AM
oops...

:elvis:

Blaze
06-16-2010, 03:43 PM
"It is worth noting that these machines were purchased surplus from Louisiana after that state outlawed them," said Rawl. "These are touch-screen computer-operated voter machines. There is no independent paper back up for any of them."
SC just isn't the sharpest tool in the bucket.
Gee, Louisiana, the state with some of the worst corruption in the union, outlawed the machines and SC thought they would not have an issue, why?
:loony:

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Yeah, and now we have a blue lipped baboon...

holy! i never even noticed his skin colour. jeez man... lol

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Lip colour...

PETE'S BROTHER
06-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Urban Dictionary: blue lips
The aching discomfort from fully aroused female genitals that have suffered deprivation of sexual release.
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blue%20lips - Cached

PETE'S BROTHER
06-16-2010, 06:35 PM
he is a snake!!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CCQQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FLaticau da_laticaudata&ei=I1EZTJmlK6btnQfL9fTFCg&usg=AFQjCNEGKHmCL5tKzoqb5TIjAo6cUqjeWg

Blue-lipped sea krait (Laticauda laticaudata) is a species of sea snake.

Little Texan
06-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Urban Dictionary: blue lips
The aching discomfort from fully aroused female genitals that have suffered deprivation of sexual release.
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blue%20lips - Cached

The female version of blue balls? I didn't know women also suffered from this condition? Learn something new every day.

PETE'S BROTHER
06-16-2010, 06:49 PM
The female version of blue balls? I didn't know women also suffered from this condition? Learn something new every day.

i was not aware of that condition as well. i believe most sufferers have been whiteflag's female dates.

BITEYOASS
06-16-2010, 07:14 PM

So that's what Cougars suffer from! :hee:

sadaist
06-16-2010, 10:26 PM

That's because a woman can get laid anytime she wants...without having to pay for it.