PDA

View Full Version : WHere would you choose to be on D-Day

lucky wilbury
06-04-2004, 01:38 PM
since the anniversary of D day is coming up time to have a poll on it. what would you have been doing on D Day

knuckleboner
06-04-2004, 01:53 PM
well, i wouldn't quite go so far as to call it an "illegal" war. you know, what with german formally declaring war against us and all...

(but if i had to be in combat, i'd choose to go with the best - airborne.)

lucky wilbury
06-04-2004, 01:59 PM
i'd have to go with the airborne as well. hitting those beaches must have been nuts.every gun opening up on you before the landing ramp is down. even though the airborn was scattered all over the place at night and you were most likely on your own for a while i'd much rather take that chance then have a little chace to even get off the boat yet alone up the beach

diamond den™
06-04-2004, 02:00 PM
The fucking Pub

lucky wilbury
06-04-2004, 02:00 PM
we only had a ceasefire with saddam that was broken from the first gulf war when the second gulf war broke out yet everyone was complaining about the "illegal" iraq war

diamond den™
06-04-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
we only had a ceasefire with saddam that was broken from the first gulf war when the second gulf war broke out yet everyone was complaining about the "illegal" iraq war

The Terrorists need Target practice...........The war is a good thing.

Mezro
06-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
what would you have been doing on D Day

Fucking my Japanese girlfriend.

Mezro...liberating the world one hot pocket at a time

FORD
06-04-2004, 04:38 PM
WWII wasn't an illegal war. There was a clear and present danger to the United States, and the world in general.

And it was the last time such a war existed, so far.

(I'm not counting the Cold War, and certainly not a fictional war against a phantom enemy)

Of course, the BCE was to blame for that one as well, by funding Hitler's rise to power.

Jesus Christ
06-04-2004, 06:00 PM
I was standing at the Pearly Gates, welcoming many of My servants who did not survive that terrible day :(

Satan
06-04-2004, 07:13 PM
And I stood at the Gates of Hell to welcome the rest :D

Seshmeister
06-04-2004, 08:28 PM
I'd like to be in the air reserve back home sipping cocktails and reading a thesaurus.

BigBadBrian
06-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Where's the poll option that says "getting a hummer from the Colonel's Wife?" :D

Seshmeister
06-05-2004, 08:17 PM
My braver option would be standing beside the prick at Omaha who was too big a coward to take the tanks in close enough to land safely.

BigBadBrian
06-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
My braver option would be standing beside the prick at Omaha who was too big a coward to take the tanks in close enough to land safely.

Fuck that. A lot of those dudes that went in on the first wave at Omaha didn't live to tell the tale. :( :(

Mr Grimsdale
06-08-2004, 03:50 PM
...if they'd have had the amphibious Shermans things might have been different.