PDA

View Full Version : Obama's first Oval Office Address

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 10:19 AM
So, how did he do ??

I know most of you girls watched it...

I thought going on about his green agenda was wrong when he offered no insight or even hope for actually stopping the 60,000 barrels spilling into the Gulf daily...

BP officials claim to be actually collecting up to 18,000 barrels per day, so that leaves 42,000 barrels flowing into the water...

I can tell you that no one in the Gulf region is impressed...

:elvis:

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Burning it off seems to be a solution. Albeit wasteful.

I dont understand why so many American's are upset with Obama over the oil rig disaster? I may not know some of the inside details, but I do know that the US President is nothing more than a voice for the senate. BP is completely at fault for this disaster. They are at fault for the deaths of 14 crew men and will & should be held fully accountable for the clean up and restoration of the Gulf- even if it takes 10 yrs. All the President (IMO) is responsible for is making sure the pressure remains on BP.

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 10:41 AM
and re-write the Health Care plan with the assistance/help/insight to our (Canadian) Health Care Plan.

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 10:44 AM
You can't burn it off...

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 10:46 AM
why not?

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 10:47 AM
it would make sense though, to control this mess by burning it off. its being wasted regardless.

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 10:49 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/37729236

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 10:49 AM
R ya sure??? :)

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 10:50 AM
well, its still a good idea in comparison to a fuckn metal box... right?

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 10:54 AM
You can't burn 60,000 barrels a day, and a great majority of that is under water...

And, burning only works for surface oil in calm seas...

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 10:57 AM
"BP says the burner could incinerate anywhere from 210,000 gallons of oil to 420,000 gallons of oil daily once it's fully operational"

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 10:57 AM
again, still better than the metal box

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 10:58 AM
I read the article...

I'll bet you they come up with some reason not to do that...

Regardless, that would only be a small fraction of the oil...

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 10:59 AM
BP have been making all sorts of false claims since this started...

Seshmeister
06-16-2010, 11:01 AM
So, how did he do ??

I know most of you girls watched it...

I thought going on about his green agenda was wrong when he offered no insight or even hope for actually stopping the 60,000 barrels spilling into the Gulf daily...

BP officials claim to be actually collecting up to 18,000 barrels per day, so that leaves 42,000 barrels flowing into the water...

I can tell you that no one in the Gulf region is impressed...

You should have listened to it on the radio so you didn't get upset by his black face.

Igosplut
06-16-2010, 11:04 AM
"BP says the burner could incinerate anywhere from 210,000 gallons of oil to 420,000 gallons of oil daily once it's fully operational"

Watch the EPA jump all over THAT......

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 11:05 AM
well i think the best option is to have pipeline tapped and shut off a good mile from the leak. But in the meantime, burning would be "best" at present time. I would think. Sure there will be oil not burned...and yes, burning the oil isn't exactly "green". But I would imagine anything is something more than the last ridiculous attempt at salvaging the waters. And that's just it too. People can't be concerned with the waste of oil...Its done. The major concern is the fisheries, tourism and the obvious environmental distress on plants and animals.

Its disasters like these that make people back track and re-think our energy resources. Solar, Wind, Corn... I believe it was Franklin that said "When the human race is finished with our planets elements, all for monetary gain, we will have nothing left BUT money...And that doesn't buy anything, if it's gone" and of course in that process we will have encouraged a steady growth in instinctual animals/mammals.

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 11:06 AM
You should have listened to it on the radio so you didn't get upset by his black face.

LOL! Black is where it's at~

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 11:08 AM
Watch the EPA jump all over THAT......

The EPA prob will....But if they don't have another solution, that is more "green", then fuck em... Not everyone will be equally satisfied during this disaster.

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 11:16 AM
The EPA won't let us use hay to protect the marsh because burning the oil soaked hay would be a "hazard to the environment"...

It's more of a joke than Sesh's blackface...

:(

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 11:17 AM
I predict this spill or leak won't even be contained this year...

sadaist
06-16-2010, 11:55 AM
He blatantly lied right to everyones face.

We are out of oil so we "have" to drill out in water that is a mile deep. BULLSHIT! The environmentalists pushed the oil companies out that far. We could be drilling in Alaska, the California coast, the gulf coast, LOTS of places. But people didn't want it and kept pushing the rigs further & further out.

And now that an explosion happens and there is much difficulty fixing it at such a depth, once again the environmentalists want to push them entirely out.

I'm all for clean fuel. But right now my vehicle uses gasoline. And I don't enjoy paying over $3 a gallon. And that $3 is going to be wishful thinking very soon when we see $5, $6, & up to $8 a gallon. Soon my friends, soon.

But this is what we do. We over react. One horrible accident and we're gonna stop drilling for oil. Just like 3 Mile Island stopped any more nuclear power plants. Accidents are going to happen no matter what we do. And humans will continue to pollute the earth as long as we continue to breathe.

sadaist
06-16-2010, 11:56 AM
How many gallons of sewage does the US dump into the Gulf Of Mexico every day?

PETE'S BROTHER
06-16-2010, 12:00 PM
How many gallons of sewage does the US dump into the Gulf Of Mexico every day?

9.2 gallons/week:biggrin:

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 12:03 PM

We are out of oil so we "have" to drill out in water that is a mile deep. BULLSHIT!

Amen!

You're 100% correct...

Catfish
06-16-2010, 12:16 PM

We are out of oil so we "have" to drill out in water that is a mile deep. BULLSHIT! The environmentalists pushed the oil companies out that far. We could be drilling in Alaska, the California coast, the gulf coast, LOTS of places. But people didn't want it and kept pushing the rigs further & further out.

Fuck EVERYBODY who doesn't think we should be drilling in our own backyard: Alaska. There are regions there that fucking birds don't even visit. Places no one has ever seen. I know enough people who have lived there/live there to know as much. I'm all for preserving nature, but what's the point in preserving a majestic view when no one is ever going to look at it???

Jagermeister
06-16-2010, 12:18 PM

No fair taunting the racist's Sesh.

I'm calling bullshit on that one!

Jagermeister
06-16-2010, 12:21 PM
By CALVIN WOODWARD, Associated Press Writer Calvin Woodward, Associated Press Writer – Wed Jun 16, 6:19 am ET
WASHINGTON – In assuring Americans that BP won't control the compensation fund for Gulf oil spill recovery, President Barack Obama failed to mention that the government won't control it, either.

That means it's anyone's guess whether the government can, in fact, make BP pay all costs related to the spill.

Obama aimed high in his prime-time Oval Office address Tuesday night — perhaps higher than the facts support and history teaches — as he vowed to restore livelihoods and nature from the still-unfolding calamity in the Gulf of Mexico.

A look at some of his statements and how they compare with those facts:

OBAMA: "We will make BP pay for the damage their company has caused and we will do whatever's necessary to help the Gulf Coast and its people recover from this tragedy. ... Tomorrow, I will meet with the chairman of BP and inform him that he is to set aside whatever resources are required to compensate the workers and business owners who have been harmed as a result of his company's recklessness. And this fund will not be controlled by BP. In order to ensure that all legitimate claims are paid out in a fair and timely manner, the account must and will be administered by an independent, third party."

THE FACTS: An independent arbiter is no more bound to the government's wishes than an oil company's. In that sense, there is no certainty BP will be forced to make the Gulf economy whole again or that taxpayers are off the hook for the myriad costs associated with the spill or cleanup. The government can certainly press for that, using legislative and legal tools. But there are no guarantees and the past is not reassuring.

It took 20 years to sort through liability after the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska, and in the end, punitive damages were slashed by the courts to about $500 million from $2.5 billion. Many people who had lost their livelihoods in the spill died without ever seeing a check.

___

OBAMA: "In the coming days and weeks, these efforts should capture up to 90 percent of the oil leaking out of the well."

THE FACTS: BP and the administration contend that if all goes as planned, they should be able to contain nearly 90 percent of the worst-case oil flow. But that's a big "if." So far, little has gone as planned in the various remedies attempted to shut off or contain the flow. Possibly as much as 60,000 barrels a day is escaping. BP would need to nearly triple its recovery rate to reach the target.

___

OBAMA: Temporary measures will capture leaking oil "until the company finishes drilling a relief well later in the summer that is expected to stop the leak completely."

THE FACTS: That's the hope, but experts say the relief well runs the same risks that caused the original well to blow out. It potentially could create a worse spill if engineers were to accidentally damage the existing well or tear a hole in the undersea oil reservoir.

___

OBAMA: "From the very beginning of this crisis, the federal government has been in charge of the largest environmental cleanup effort in our nation's history."

THE FACTS: Early on, the government established a command center and put Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen in charge of coordinating the overall spill response. But officials also repeatedly have emphasized that BP was "responsible" and they have relied heavily on BP in making decisions from hiring cleanup workers to what oil dispersing chemicals to use. Local officials in the Gulf region have complained that often they don't know who's in charge — the government or BP.

___

OBAMA: "We have approved the construction of new barrier islands in Louisiana to try and stop the oil before it reaches the shore."

THE FACTS: Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and local officials pleaded for weeks with the Army Corps of Engineers and the spill response command for permission to build about 40 miles of sand berms along the barrier islands.

State officials applied for an emergency permit to build the berms May 11, but as days went by Jindal became increasingly angry at federal inaction. The White House finally agreed to a portion of the berm plan on June 2. BP then agreed to pay for the project.

The corps was worried that in some cases such a move would alter tides and drive oil into new areas and produce more harm than good.

___

OBAMA: "Already, I have issued a six-month moratorium on deepwater drilling. I know this creates difficulty for the people who work on these rigs, but for the sake of their safety and for the sake of the entire region, we need to know the facts before we allow deepwater drilling to continue."

THE FACTS: Obama issued a six-month moratorium on new permits for deepwater drilling but production continues from existing deepwater wells.

Catfish
06-16-2010, 12:32 PM
OBAMA: "We will make BP pay for the damage their company has caused and we will do whatever's necessary to help the Gulf Coast and its people recover from this tragedy. ...

He always says shit like this. Yet he never knows what it is he should do. He just tells us he'll fix it. No plan. Fed us the same crap when he was running for president. Offers lines like this with no examples of any real plans.

Blaze
06-16-2010, 12:47 PM
<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Y1DgGIJJ2kM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Y1DgGIJJ2kM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Where are the Roth Army Obama dick suckers ??

C'mon girls...we need some hope and change...

LMAO!

Catfish
06-16-2010, 01:33 PM
No shit. Where are all the Obamapologists?

Jagermeister
06-16-2010, 01:37 PM
http://www.funmeme.com/image.axd?picture=ObmaDoThat.jpg

Nitro Express
06-16-2010, 01:44 PM
For being in the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression and the worst manmade disaster in US history, the president seemed so giddy and happy. To be honest, I thought I was watching a hyped up television evangelist more than a US President who is in the middle of two wars, genocide in Israel, possible war in Korea and/or Iran, a huge financial disaster, and a huge oil disaster. I think he came off fake and out of touch actually. Not much substance to him.

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Hope and change, dude...

Catfish
06-16-2010, 01:49 PM
For being in the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression and the worst manmade disaster in US history, the president seemed so giddy and happy. To be honest, I thought I was watching a hyped up television evangelist more than a US President who is in the middle of two wars, genocide in Israel, possible war in Korea and/or Iran, a huge financial disaster, and a huge oil disaster. I think he came off fake and out of touch actually. Not much substance to him.

He IS giddy! He's a childish, first-term senator with zero political experience now in charge of the U.S.A.!

Catfish
06-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Hope and change, dude...

Yeah, I hope we change presidents in 2012!

sadaist
06-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Hope and change, dude...

After I pay my income tax, utilities tax, property tax, sales tax, gas tax, registration tax, investment earnings tax, cigarette tax, soda tax, recycling tax, grocery bag tax, tax, tax, tax...........

I think I will spend the money I earn on something for myself.

I just hope I can find some change in the couch cushions.

Nitro Express
06-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Hope and change, dude...

HOPE= We hope we can survive Obama.

Change=That is all you will have left in your pocket after Obama tax policies take effect.

sadaist
06-16-2010, 02:02 PM
9.2 gallons/week:biggrin:

Are you sure?

I read a poll where 68.4% of Americans believe that approximately 77.8% of all statistics are made up 91.35% of the time. The poll had a margin of error of + - 3%.

jhale667
06-16-2010, 02:12 PM

It'd be rude for someone to break up the hater circle-jerk, wouldn't it? :biggrin:

Gay fantasies - again (more like still). Imagine you'll make another Taco Bell reference next?

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 02:27 PM

C'mon girls...we need some hope and change...

LMAO!

Is this where you say "the Government was working just fine before he got in"? lmao Seriously...

The ball was initially dropped when Bill Clinton was impeached for getting blown...

Big Troubles
06-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Are you sure?

I read a poll where 68.4% of Americans believe that approximately 77.8% of all statistics are made up 91.35% of the time. The poll had a margin of error of + - 3%.

"The poll had a margin of error of + - 3%." I think that's 91% bullshit. :biggrin:

Jagermeister
06-16-2010, 02:41 PM
http://www.funmeme.com/image.axd?picture=ObmaDoThat.jpg

Very funny you post editing ass bags!

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Imagine you'll make another Taco Bell reference next?

Hey, do ya'll still have lime sauce ??

Jagermeister
06-16-2010, 02:52 PM
It'd be rude for someone to break up the hater circle-jerk, wouldn't it? :biggrin:

Gay fantasies - again (more like still). Imagine you'll make another Taco Bell reference next?

Well what do you have to say about this pic u sent me Mr? huh?

http://www.shriiimp.com/im/albums/userpics/16271/ohge%20taco%20bell.JPG

Jagermeister
06-16-2010, 02:54 PM
http://x-age.narod.ru/picture/super_fun/taco_bell.jpg

jhale667
06-16-2010, 02:57 PM
None of my responses to your PMs have included pics, Jag. Don't lie. ;)
Thanks for proving my point SMELVIS..you can't match wits due to the fact you're unarmed...:hee:

ELVIS
06-16-2010, 03:03 PM
So, is that a yes or a no on the lime sauce ??

Jagermeister
06-16-2010, 03:11 PM
None of my responses to your PMs have included pics, Jag. Don't lie. ;)
Thanks for proving my point SMELVIS..you can't match wits due to the fact you're unarmed...:hee:

Oh yeah. Oh well it was a good pic anyway.

jhale667
06-16-2010, 03:27 PM
So, is that a yes or a no on the lime sauce ??

Dunno, ask your mom when she gets home after her shift's over...?

Oh yeah. Oh well it was a good pic anyway.

:biggrin:

Dr. Love
06-16-2010, 08:46 PM
I didn't think the speech was very convincing or compelling.

sadaist
06-17-2010, 12:21 PM
A visit to the "Oval Office" sounds like code for gettin' some pussy. Speaking of which, this clip is better than Obamas speech. More educational too. If only Youtube were around when I was 14.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lu0qhRrIow

ELVIS
06-17-2010, 01:26 PM
I guess Obama's historic first Oval Office address went over with a bang...

That Obama guy don't mess around! He's one tough President...

LMAO!

Catfish
06-17-2010, 01:59 PM
A visit to the "Oval Office" sounds like code for gettin' some pussy. Speaking of which, this clip is better than Obamas speech. More educational too. If only Youtube were around when I was 14.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lu0qhRrIow

I'm so cuntfused!!!!!

sadaist
06-17-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm so cuntfused!!!!!

I think it would have been a better video had that female doctor just showed us the parts on herself. But then again, when she started to touch that girls snap, I thought about masturbating. Is that wrong?

And the doctor mentioned the girls anus, but didn't show it or poke at it. For some reason I thought "2 in the pink, 1 in the stink".

chefcraig
06-17-2010, 03:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRmM9vMjUhI

Catfish
06-17-2010, 03:55 PM
i think it would have been a better video had that female doctor just showed us the parts on herself. But then again, when she started to touch that girls snap, i thought about masturbating. Is that wrong?

And the doctor mentioned the girls anus, but didn't show it or poke at it. For some reason i thought "2 in the pink, 1 in the stink".

lol!!

Nickdfresh
06-17-2010, 06:32 PM
I guess Obama's historic first Oval Office address went over with a bang...

That Obama guy don't mess around! He's one tough President...

LMAO!

Well, we're all glad that you took time out from being useless as a mod and contributing exactly NOTHING to the Van Halen Main and fingering your asshole to Yngwie Malmsteen's anthology of Dungeons and Dragons-themed instrumentals to watch something newsworthy. But:

A.) what's a specific criticism you have of Obama's speech?

B.) which of the assholes you voted for, like Bush, would have done something differently?

C.) why do you heckle Obama for being ineffectual, but yet seem to believe that Bush was behind the "9/11 Inside Job" that murdered over 3000 people--yet seem to prefer him because he's a "God fearing conservative Republican?"

Oh yeah, he's white...

Nickdfresh
06-17-2010, 06:34 PM
I didn't think the speech was very convincing or compelling.

Neither did I. But then, very very few presidential speeches are...

Va Beach VH Fan
06-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I modified the Youtube embed link to a URL... Some people visit here from work.....

sadaist
06-17-2010, 10:52 PM
I modified the Youtube embed link to a URL... Some people visit here from work.....

People here work? :tongue0011:

Yeah. Understandable. Even though it is extremely tame, I had second thoughts about posting it in this forum. Not that I thought it would shock anyone here. LOL. In hindsight I would have done the link like you did. Live & learn.

ELVIS
06-17-2010, 10:56 PM

He never once mentioned stopping the leak, and he went on and on about his pipe dream of alternative energy with his big, gleaming, blue lipped baboon smile...

B.) which of the assholes you voted for, like Bush, would have done something differently?

Admittedly, probably none...

C.) why do you heckle Obama for being ineffectual, but yet seem to believe that Bush was behind the "9/11 Inside Job" that murdered over 3000 people--yet seem to prefer him because he's a "God fearing conservative Republican?"

I never said Bush was personally behind 9/11...

What I did do was raise questions that suggested possible government involvement...

Oh yeah, he's white...

You wish your mom was white...

BigBadBrian
06-19-2010, 06:28 AM

And if they do they should be fired!!!

Nickdfresh
06-19-2010, 11:43 AM

He never once mentioned stopping the leak, and he went on and on about his pipe dream of alternative energy with his big, gleaming, blue lipped baboon smile...

Admittedly, probably none...

I never said Bush was personally behind 9/11...

What I did do was raise questions that suggested possible government involvement...

You wish your mom was white...

Why the fuck would Obama "mention stopping the leak?" WTF would that do? He could also mention stopping solar flares and preventing hurricanes. But the fact that the leak will not be stopped until late July or August at the earliest due to the time it takes to dig the two relief wells might preclude any claims of stopping the leak...

And you wish your fiances' ex-boyfriends were white..

TongueNGroove
06-21-2010, 02:18 AM
Nuclear power and Hydrogen fuel cells is the only real option we have for the future. For now, you can blame whoever you want, it doesn't fix the issue of oil spills or wars faught over oil.

Nuclear power will create the electrcity required to create the hydrogen we need to fuel our cars, busineses and homes... And it is a completely GREEN solution (other than disposing of the waste, which is not hard to do).

ELVIS
06-21-2010, 12:30 PM
What about petroleum based products, such as the following:

air conditioners
ammonia
anti-histamines
antiseptics
artificial turf
asphalt
aspirin
balloons
bandages
boats
bottles
bras
bubble gum
butane
cameras
candles
car batteries
car bodies
carpet
cassette tapes
caulking
cds
chewing gum
combs/brushes
computers
contacts
cortisone
crayons
cream
denture adhesives
deodorant
detergents
dice
dishwashing liquid
dresses
dryers
electric blankets
electrician’s tape
fertilizers
fishing lures
fishing rods
floor wax
footballs
glues
glycerin
golf balls
guitar strings
hair
hair coloring
hair curlers
hearing aids
heart valves
heating oil
house paint
ice chests
ink
insect repellent
insulation
jet fuel
life jackets
linoleum
lip balm
lipstick
loudspeakers
medicines
mops
motor oil
motorcycle helmets
movie film
nail polish
oil filters
paddles
paint brushes
paints
parachutes
paraffin
pens
perfumes
petroleum jelly
plastic chairs
plastic cups
plastic forks
plastic wrap
plastics
plywood adhesives
refrigerators
roller-skate wheels
roofing paper
rubber bands
rubber boots
rubber cement
rubbish bags
running shoes
saccharine
seals
shirts (non-cotton)
shoe polish
shoes
shower curtains
solvents
spectacles
stereos
sweaters
table tennis balls
tape recorders
telephones
tennis rackets
thermos
tights
toilet seats
toners
toothpaste
transparencies
transparent tape
tv cabinets
typewriter/computer ribbons
tires
umbrellas
upholstery
vaporizers
vitamin capsules
volleyballs
water pipes
water skis
wax
wax paper

jhale667
06-21-2010, 12:40 PM
All of the products mentioned above are not nearly as toxic to the environment (save perhaps Jet fuel) as the amount of toxins put off by automobiles, nor take the vast amounts of oil it takes to meet our gasoline demand...that's comparing 8 zillion apples to 1 REALLY BIG fuckin' orange...:rolleyes:

ELVIS
06-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Why the fuck would Obama "mention stopping the leak?"

Maybe because it's way more important than alternative energy ??

jhale667
06-21-2010, 01:07 PM
We already know what it's going to take, and how long - to stop the leak, what, does Obama suddenly have a magic wand to make it happen sooner?

Oh, and THIS...

And if they do they should be fired!!!

He typed, hoping his boss wasn't at that moment looking over his shoulder...:rolleyes:

ELVIS
06-21-2010, 01:16 PM
"We" do ??

How do "we" know that, because Obama said so ??

ELVIS
06-21-2010, 01:20 PM
BTW, do you hate coal as well ??

jhale667
06-21-2010, 01:25 PM
"We" do ??

How do "we" know that, because Obama said so ??

More like because every EXPERT that's been on any media, even FAUX your favorite, has said so. Pay attention why don't you.

BTW, do you hate coal as well ??

Don't hate it, though working in the mines certainly has killed family members of friends of mine over the years. Is it dirty, dangerous, antiquated, and needing replacement as a primary fuel source? YES.

ELVIS
06-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Drilling relief wells are not a guarantee that the leak will be stopped...

jhale667
06-21-2010, 01:50 PM

No, but it's the best course of action since they can't seem to cut it at the source. Are you one of the ones that wants to go with the "Three Stooges" approach and use NUKES?

ELVIS
06-21-2010, 01:56 PM
No, but they need to be prepared for the worst case scenario...

Seshmeister
06-21-2010, 02:15 PM
What about petroleum based products, such as the following:

air conditioners
ammonia
anti-histamines
antiseptics
artificial turf
asphalt
aspirin
balloons
bandages
boats
bottles
bras
bubble gum
butane
cameras
candles
car batteries
car bodies
carpet
cassette tapes
caulking
cds
chewing gum
combs/brushes
computers
contacts
cortisone
crayons
cream
denture adhesives
deodorant
detergents
dice
dishwashing liquid
dresses
dryers
electric blankets
electrician’s tape
fertilizers
fishing lures
fishing rods
floor wax
footballs
glues
glycerin
golf balls
guitar strings
hair
hair coloring
hair curlers
hearing aids
heart valves
heating oil
house paint
ice chests
ink
insect repellent
insulation
jet fuel
life jackets
linoleum
lip balm
lipstick
loudspeakers
medicines
mops
motor oil
motorcycle helmets
movie film
nail polish
oil filters
paddles
paint brushes
paints
parachutes
paraffin
pens
perfumes
petroleum jelly
plastic chairs
plastic cups
plastic forks
plastic wrap
plastics
plywood adhesives
refrigerators
roller-skate wheels
roofing paper
rubber bands
rubber boots
rubber cement
rubbish bags
running shoes
saccharine
seals
shirts (non-cotton)
shoe polish
shoes
shower curtains
solvents
spectacles
stereos
sweaters
table tennis balls
tape recorders
telephones
tennis rackets
thermos
tights
toilet seats
toners
toothpaste
transparencies
transparent tape
tv cabinets
typewriter/computer ribbons
tires
umbrellas
upholstery
vaporizers
vitamin capsules
volleyballs
water pipes
water skis
wax
wax paper

Exactly so it's far too useful to be just setting fire to.

Nickdfresh
06-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Maybe because it's way more important than alternative energy ??

You're obviously a person that has difficulty seeing the forest through the trees...

Nickdfresh
06-21-2010, 09:37 PM

There are no guarantees in engineering, especially miles below the ocean surface. But I think it's a pretty good bet that one, or both, will cut off the oil by redirecting it...