PDA

View Full Version : Cool Story: I Sold Everything To Buy A Lamborghini And Drive Across The Country

Hardrock69
06-17-2010, 09:22 AM
What do you do when your girlfriend dumps you after giving her a ring and a house? Sell it all and wander around the country putting 100k miles on a Lamborghini Gallardo….before blowing the engine.

Richard Jordan had everything he was told to want: cars, a new house, and a fiancee. Then his fiancee left him. So he sold everything, bought a Lamborghini Gallardo and set out across America. This is his amazing story.

HR69 Note: A person posted a comment that talks smack about this guy and claims it is not all that true. Even if this guy is right, it is NOT a lie that the dude drove across country in this car, and for all I know the poster could be one of Garfuckle's loser inbred cousins who has no life and is just jealous, lol.

Lotsa photos at the link below.

http://jalopnik.com/5559767/i-sold-everything-to-buy-a-lamborghini-and-drive-across-the-country

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ish9x3.jpg

Nitro Express
06-19-2010, 09:36 PM
I picked up a 1979 Countach for $40,000 that had loose liners in the engine because some asshole reved the engine before a proper warm up. My cousin rebuilds aircraft engines. Amazingly an outfit in Phoenix had all the engine parts we needed for a rebuild. I ended up putting in an electric water pump because the stock one just wasn't cooling the engine well enough.

I have found the Lamborghini V-12 to be a very good engine but it doesn't like to be over reved or ran hard cold. You have to let these engines warm up before gunning them and this is exactly why a guy like me can come in and buy a ruined Lambo on the cheap. Take car of a Lambo properly and they actually will go a lot of miles with very few problems. The transmission is a beast and very strong. The weak link is the drive axles and CV joints. The engine and transmission use the same oil like a motorcycle and when you pull the oil plug and it overshoots the container be prepared for a huge mess on the garage floor as 15 quarts of very hot and expensive synthetic oil flood the place.

Hardrock69
06-20-2010, 10:50 AM
40k was definitely a good deal. Love those things, but at 6'-7" it would be an extremely tight fit for me. I could fit no problem in my ex-fiance's Pontiac Fiero, and the Countach wheelbase is 6 inches longer, but that 6 inches is not necessarily in the interior of the car...more likely in the engine compartment.

ThrillsNSpills
06-20-2010, 11:00 AM
and for all I know the poster could be one of Garfuckle's loser inbred cousins who has no life and is just jealous, lol.

LOL. Jealous of someone who got dumped. That's a new level of madness.

VanHalenFan5150
06-20-2010, 02:01 PM
My girlfriend would lose a lot of her clothes and mementos if she broke up with me

Nitro Express
06-21-2010, 05:44 PM
40k was definitely a good deal. Love those things, but at 6'-7" it would be an extremely tight fit for me. I could fit no problem in my ex-fiance's Pontiac Fiero, and the Countach wheelbase is 6 inches longer, but that 6 inches is not necessarily in the interior of the car...more likely in the engine compartment.

I came out way ahead because I had access to a good machine shop and expertise. I could sell the car for $100,000 easy. I'm sitting on it. It's a classic and the value with eventually go up in time. The leather interior was in great shape. On these cares fixing the leather can actually be more expensive than doing the mechanical work. The most expensive part I had to buy was finding a new right headlight actuator. My car has six Weber carburators which is a bitch because I live at 6200 feet above sea level and where I drive it varies from 4,000 to 8,000 feet. I took my oldest daughter to Mt. Rushmore. I had to pitter through Yellowstone National Park but once we were out the east gate, I crossed the state of Wyoming pretty damn fast. LOL! I learned to hate retired fucks pulling trailers though. LOL!

Hardrock69
06-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Right on. You are one of an elite group o' peepul. :)