PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in this case?

GAR
06-18-2010, 01:11 AM
What would you do in this case?

I picked up another old sax, but couldn't find a guy to replace the pads. I coulda done this shit myself, ordered pads, then put 'em on.

But I don't know anything about it, what about springs etc. so I decided to find a competant professional do the job and just pay the fag.

So a couple years ago, I asked around the old fuckers in that brass scrapyard over in Hall C the section where they still try to sell band instruments "who's a good guy in the Hollywood area to repair an old vintage sax?"

Turns out, there was this guy had a shop in the second floor of the Musician's Union hall on Vine. I had good references on him, he'd been there 11 years so I took it to him and he promised to call me in a couple weeks it would be done. $75 bucks!

So a couple months pass, I call him and he said he'd been busy and some doctors-something, he's now catching up and will call me in a few more weeks. But because of the housing boom I'd been way busy and neglected to follow up.

I thought, Yeah, today on the way in I'll stop by that shop and get the sax since it's been too long and the guy has problems, fuck him.. get it fixed or no.

And he was gone! Shop, everything.. gone. I got no info.

So at NAMM I asked around those old farts "Hey where's that fucking Rheuben guy at" they go Oh, he's moved to China producing his own horn. Fuck you, he's over two aisles down."

Aha! Rheuben. So what's goin on.. oh oh sorry, yeah every customer's sax is in storage down in Torrance and I'm here in the States till May. Call me at this number and my assistant will go down with you to get it. What was your name? Uhuh phone, uhuh, get back to you couple weeks. I moved to China and now making my own saxes great huh?

Uhuh. This dude flaked.

Now I see my sax on ebay. What do I do? What would you do?

Cuz.. I'll be looking for Rheuben this January..

Diamondjimi
06-18-2010, 02:12 AM
:lmao:

FUCKIN PWN3D!!!

Karma's a bitch, little man...:biggrin:

Igosplut
06-18-2010, 06:06 AM
But I don't know anything about it.... And you weren't near a computer obviously....

Sums up your life I'd say

Blaze
06-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Wow, that took a lot of effort!:biggrin:
New sax any one?

jhale667
06-18-2010, 12:40 PM
That kinda sucks, but it does sound like one of the multiple karma-bombs owed to you finally showed up in your mailbox, dude. :umm:

Just sayin'.

ELVIS
06-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Did you get a recipt for the repairs...no...

Do you have the serial number, or even proof of ownership...no...

Grab a pic off of ebay for your memories...

:elvis:

Jagermeister
06-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Just buy it back. That is about all you can do. You got dry fucked.

Hardrock69
06-19-2010, 07:29 AM

Too bad, fucking loser....

Now get back in your cardboard box and sleep off that wine you been chugging, dumbass.

GAR
06-19-2010, 02:59 PM

FUCKIN PWN3D!!!

Karma's a bitch, little man...:biggrin:

I would have expected more along the lines of "clobber the motherfucker over the head with one of his own saxes next NAMM show" from our board's Young Phillistine.

You have deceeded my expectations. I think you're losing it DJ!

GAR
06-19-2010, 03:03 PM
I do have a receipt, I do have the serial number, and I have photos of the original case as well.

I just don't think I should have been mislead and lied to about it.

Some things can't be helped, I understand that. But I respond to emails, and this guys' running a fucking business but can't respond?

Fuck you Rheuben. I'll find your ass and settle our account at that time. That's what I'm thinking.

GAR
06-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Just buy it back. That is about all you can do. You got dry fucked.

It's missing its' original "man-in-the-moon" neckpiece or whatever it's called, I'm not feeling "it" anymore for the thing but I'm still pissed.

Blaze
06-19-2010, 06:25 PM
His name is Rheuben?
http://k53.pbase.com/o6/36/275736/1/94721160.dajus4Rw.Snickers3.jpg

GAR
06-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Yes, and it may seem efforted to you for me to spam up the joint like this, but remember I type almost 80wpm.

Blaze
06-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Did you get Rheuben pie with that? Or just the cream cheese?

What was your name again Gar, maybe I can find that order for you. I gots managemnt skilz. I would pecan pie be Ok?

Blaze
06-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Woza! Gar, That storage bil is woppers!
And it says here that you was to puts down a deposit for the works, then this note here abouts unclaimed tickets. Lord knows, Mr. R show is nice enough to send the come pick up your stuff note. You wants another copy?

GAR
06-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Did you get Rheuben pie with that?

"rheubarb"..

Blaze
06-19-2010, 08:14 PM
So you did get that pi,
The sweet tea is the finest, yer sirrie. Good to see you got everything tucked and cornered.
now about serving the help in the front of the house.
You gonna halfs to eats in the backs. You still gots the debts to be paying.

GAR
06-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Anyone here have a Blaze decoder app they'd like to share..

Hardrock69
06-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Like the CIA decoder rings from specially-marked boxes of Captain Crunch?

ThrillsNSpills
06-20-2010, 10:52 AM
You guys are just evil opportunists stepping on GAr when he's down, and you all should be ashamed.

of course, there's about a 3 percent chance he's telling the truth.

My advice gar would be to pee on Lisa Simpson and steal her sax.

Blaze
06-20-2010, 12:51 PM
:biggrin:
You are 100% correct.
But for all Gar knows it could have been a grand conspiracy of easy execution that happen to reward the participants well. :baaa:

Diamondjimi
06-20-2010, 11:21 PM

Too bad, fucking loser....

Now get back in your cardboard box and sleep off that wine you been chugging, dumbass.

ROTFLMAO!!!

GAR
06-20-2010, 11:30 PM
You guys are just evil opportunists stepping on GAr when he's down

I only paid a hundred, but it's going for around 450.. the loss isn't so bad as the lost potential that pisses me off!

Diamondjimi
06-20-2010, 11:31 PM
I do have a receipt, I do have the serial number, and I have photos of the original case as well.

http://committedparent.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/liar.jpg

ThrillsNSpills
06-21-2010, 12:20 PM
These threads are quicksand for BOR to flail about and sink in every time.

GAR
06-26-2010, 06:51 AM
http://committedparent.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/liar.jpg

Thanks for the yearbook photo, dickface!

Hardrock69
06-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Well it is obvious why you threw yours away. Amazing he was able to find one of you and post it so you could have it.

Why bitch at him? Don't you want your yearbook photo?

Diamondjimi
06-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the yearbook photo, dickface!

Your welcome, Cochwallet!

Wow, you had a lot more hair back then...