PDA

View Full Version : Cap and trade

Nitro Express
06-22-2010, 01:56 PM
We are hearing much about this disaster. The worst I've heard was the PSI of the well is 20,000 to 70,000. BP dug a 40,000 foot deep well and hit so much pressure it blew all safety valves and ruptured the well iiner. This would explain why oil and gas is leaching out in multiple areas on the ocean floor. In other words the worst case situation of a well that can't be capped due to high pressure and infusion of the ocean bottom could very well be true. The very worst scenero could be a huge underwater explosion down the road that would be the equivalent of a volcano sending poison gas and tsunami waves over the land. This is possibly as bad as it could get with millions of jobs lost, lifestyles lost, and possibly a huge disaster that would ruin huge swaths of property and kill lot's of people.

That being said, our wonderful president and members of Congress see this as a wonderful excuse to pass Cap and Trade and tax us more. If Cap and Trade passed it will be the equivalent of adding 15% to the income tax. Nice.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/geraldwarner/100043493/barack-obama-turns-the-oil-spill-into-his-poor-mans-911-to-revive-cap-and-trade-climate-legislation/

hambon4lif
06-22-2010, 04:44 PM
our wonderful president and members of Congress see this as a wonderful excuse to pass Cap and Trade and tax us more. If Cap and Trade passed it will be the equivalent of adding 15% to the income tax. Nice.H.R. 2454 is Barack Obama's "Carbon Cap-and-Trade Bill." This bill would eliminate millions of jobs in America. For example, it would eliminate 200,000 jobs just in the state of Texas. It would give the Federal Government significant control over the Energy Industry, and impose crushing costs on consumers and businesses coast to coast. It would further increase the size of the Federal Government and "is likely to be the biggest tax increase in American history."

Plus, and this will blow your mind........ even the man who originated the "Cap-and-Trade" theory in the 1960's, Thomas Crocker, is adamantly opposed to the passage of H.R. 2454. Why? Because, as Thomas Crocker explains, it has no chance of working (i.e., improving the environment) unless every major industrial country on earth agrees to participate. If every country does not participate then Mr. Crocker says, "It's stupid and a complete waste of money and effort." Many countries, including China and Russia have refused to participate.

Therefore, obviously, if any nation's President wants to go ahead and implement "Cap-and-Trade" anyway, without every other country committed to a worldwide treaty, then his intent is to knowingly harm his own nation or else, he's just stupid. I don't believe Barack Obama is stupid. I do believe he is a very misguided individual. You can decide for yourself whether or not Obama wants to pass "Cap-and-Trade" to intentionally harm America. The fact remains, "Cap-and-Trade" is so extremely risky and convoluted, that this bill alone may be enough to ruin the US economy for decades to come. The debate on this topic should be as simple as what Thomas Crocker said, "It's stupid."

ELVIS
06-22-2010, 04:50 PM
The fact remains, "Cap-and-Trade" is so extremely risky and convoluted, that this bill alone may be enough to ruin the US economy for decades to come.

I believe that's exactly the idea...

I've also heard of Nitro's explanation of super high pressure that blew everything, including the BOP that was in place and is now causing fissures that are leaking...

If that is indeed the case, two relief wells are not likely to help and this spill could last for years...

BigBadBrian
06-22-2010, 06:37 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HlTxGHn4sH4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HlTxGHn4sH4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (January 2008)

hambon4lif
06-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Barack Obama: "Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (January 2008)
Well.....now there's one helluva sales pitch if I ever heard one!

Where do I sign?

BigBadBrian
06-23-2010, 07:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4