PDA

View Full Version : so long, and thanks for all the fish..

PETE'S BROTHER
06-24-2010, 05:31 PM
somewhat sobering story:(

"When you're working with a synthetic chemical which never existed in nature before and you find it in a whale which came from the arctic or Antarctic, it tells you that was made by people and it got into the whale," he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100624/ap_on_sc/whaling

PETE'S BROTHER
06-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Chromium, an industrial pollutant that causes cancer in humans, was found in all but two of the 361 sperm whale samples that were tested for it. Those findings were published last year in the scientific journal Chemosphere.
"The biggest surprise was chromium," Payne said. "That's an absolute shocker. Nobody was even looking for it."
The corrosion-resistant metal is used in stainless steel, paints, dyes and the tanning of leather. It can cause lung cancer in people who work in industries where it is commonly used, and was the focus of the California environmental lawsuit that gained fame in the movie "Erin Brockovich."
It was impossible to say from the samples whether any of the whales suffered diseases, but Wise found that the concentration of chromium found in whales was several times higher than the level required to kill healthy cells in a Petri dish, Payne said.
He said another surprise was the high concentrations of aluminum, which is used in packaging, cooking pots and water treatment. Its effects are unknown.
The consequences of the metals could be horrific for both whale and man, he said.
"I don't see any future for whale species except extinction," Payne said. "This is not on anybody's radar, no government's radar anywhere, and I think it should be."

PETE'S BROTHER
06-24-2010, 05:38 PM
and fuck these side eyed asian fucks!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100624/ap_on_bi_ge/us_asian_carp_great_lakes;_ylt=Aj8Tnv0Rf3LE6WiKTqg Oca.s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFpcGdtbGdlBHBvcwMzNQRzZWMDYWN jb3JkaW9uX21vc3RfcG9wdWxhcgRzbGsDc2luZ2xlYXNpYW5j

Dan
06-24-2010, 08:34 PM
I Love Wet Fish.:D