PDA

View Full Version : Former Kiss manager Bill Aucoin. RIP

Jagermeister
06-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Metal sludge is reporting that former Kiss manager Bill Aucoin has passed away. I can't confirm this from any other source as yet but it looks legit.

Aucoin also managed Billy Idol in the 1980s and Lordi in present day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Aucoin

Jagermeister
06-28-2010, 03:27 PM
William Aucoin, beloved record industry executive, manager, entrepreneur, and creative visionary, passed away this morning, Monday, June 28 at 9:11 a.. EST at the Aventura Hospital and Medical Center in Aventura, Florida.

Born December 29, 1943, Bill was battling prostate cancer, and passed away from surgical complications.

The man known for masterminding the career of the world-renowned group KISS, Bill Aucoin also managed STARZ, TOBY BEAU, BILLY SQUIER, BILLY IDOL, and numerous other artists. His most recent venture is Aucoin Globe Entertainment, which he founded in 2007. In its three years, Bill and his company developed bands in the U.S. and around the world.

He leaves behind his boyfriend of fifteen years, Roman Fernandez, and two sisters Betty Britton and Janet Bankowski.

Funeral arrangements are pending.

Jagermeister
06-28-2010, 03:28 PM
William Aucoin, beloved record industry executive, manager, entrepreneur, and creative visionary, passed away this morning, Monday, June 28 at 9:11 a.. EST at the Aventura Hospital and Medical Center in Aventura, Florida.

Born December 29, 1943, Bill was battling prostate cancer, and passed away from surgical complications.

The man known for masterminding the career of the world-renowned group KISS, Bill Aucoin also managed STARZ, TOBY BEAU, BILLY SQUIER, BILLY IDOL, and numerous other artists. His most recent venture is Aucoin Globe Entertainment, which he founded in 2007. In its three years, Bill and his company developed bands in the U.S. and around the world.

He leaves behind his boyfriend of fifteen years, Roman Fernandez, and two sisters Betty Britton and Janet Bankowski.

Funeral arrangements are pending.

Oh for god sakes!

lesfunk
06-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Man That's a name I remember from my childhood. Reading the backs of KISS' Album covers.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Yup, little wiry guy, hope he managed his $$$ well, he had to make a boatload with KISS....

Diamondjimi
06-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Wait 'till Elvis finds out he was gay...:hee:

A true classic R&R manager.
R.I.P Bill

Jagermeister
06-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Wait 'till Elvis finds out he was gay...:hee:

A true classic R&R manager.
R.I.P Bill

Why does it seam like every goddamn rock band can be associated with something or someone gay?

Nitro Express
06-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Bill Aucoin was the guy who turned Van Halen down when Gene Simmons flew them out to New York trying to get them a deal. Eddie said Bill was sitting behind his desk getting his shoes shined. LOL!

So this is the man who turned down the great Van Halen because he didn't think they would amount to anything.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Bill Aucoin was the guy who turned Van Halen down when Gene Simmons flew them out to New York trying to get them a deal. Eddie said Bill was sitting behind his desk getting his shoes shined. LOL!

So this is the man who turned down the great Van Halen because he didn't think they would amount to anything.

You mean the band that Gene is still taking credit for, even though they didn't get signed then ???

SNIPER
06-28-2010, 10:53 PM
R.I.P. BILL... Bill worked with my band and went on a couple road trips with us.

Va Beach VH Fan
06-28-2010, 11:01 PM
KISS' statement;

Bill Aucoin, our irreplaceable original manager, mentor and dear friend has died of complications arising from his ongoing battle with prostate cancer. He was instrumental in guiding us from the beginning and without his vision, leadership and unending dedication, we could never have scaled the heights we have reached.

Bill loved life and lived it to the fullest. Words can never convey his impact on us or those close to him.

Over all the years, he never missed an opportunity to be with us at our shows near his home or fly in for special concerts, including our most recent Madison Square Garden show. He had hoped to attend our London show earlier this month but his illness prevented it. He still planned to visit us upon the start of our upcoming US tour.

We loved him, told him and have peace that he knew it.

We will grieve and celebrate all he was and did.

We have lost a part of us.

Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons

Hardrock69
06-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Man that fucking sucks. 2010 - THE YEAR OF ROCK AND ROLL DEATH...

Matt White
06-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Rip bill........

"you wanted the best...you got the best"