PDA

View Full Version : SCORPIONS Forced To Cancel Columbus Show

Jagermeister
06-29-2010, 02:17 PM
German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS have been forced to cancel their performance in Columbus, Ohio that was scheduled for Wednesday, June 30 at the Lifestyle Communities Pavilion. Singer Klaus Meine is suffering from a chest cold and his throat doctor has instructed him to take three days of rest until the next scheduled show (Thursday, July 1 in Detroit, Michigan). His doctor advised him that performing six concerts in eight days will delay his recovery and the only solution is to, unfortunately, cancel Columbus. Worldwide tour scheduling prevents the group from being able to return to the area this year.

The band says, "It is with a heavy heart that we have to disappoint our longtime, devoted fans in Columbus, Ohio by not being able to perform there.

"Klaus' doctors have told him in no uncertain terms that he needs the proper rest so he can shake the bug and successfully continue the tour.

"We want to be able to play at the level that audiences have come to expect from us.

"We sincerely apologize to our fans in Columbus and regret any inconvenience this will cause. We truly thank you for years of support.

"Tickets will be refunded beginning July 1 at the original point of purchase.

A FREE show will go on for opener CINDERELLA. The band is in town and ready to rock. Local rockers AMERICAN DOG will kick off the party.

According to Billboard.biz, SCORPIONS recently signed an exclusive publishing deal with BMG Rights Management in Berlin.

This agreement includes the rights to the current album "Sting in the Tail" (Columbia/Sony) which has already gone gold in several countries.

BMG already has 100 songs by the SCORPIONS, including the band's biggest hit, "Wind of Change".

Jagermeister
06-29-2010, 02:18 PM
The only problem with these bands today is they are old and break down. I will shit if this cancels in my area.

Catfish
06-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Six shows in eight days? Who's doing the scheduling for these poor bastards?

How is Cinderella sounding on this tour? Anyone know?

Dan
06-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Maybe You Guys Can Go To The Show Together.:D

Catfish
06-29-2010, 02:44 PM
What do you think, Jager? Want to?

Jagermeister
06-29-2010, 02:45 PM
What do you think, Jager? Want to?

Yeah sure.

Diamondjimi
06-30-2010, 02:31 AM
How is Cinderella sounding on this tour? Anyone know?

Cheesy as usual, I'm sure...

Seshmeister
06-30-2010, 06:44 AM
The only problem with these bands today is they are old and break down. I will shit if this cancels in my area.

True.

Soon we'll be seeing whole bands running off to the toilet in between songs because they have trouble with their prostates.