PDA

View Full Version : Armed Man in Bulldozer Goes on Rampage

rustoffa
06-04-2004, 07:31 PM
From Fox News:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,121846,00.html

GRANBY, Colo. — A man barricaded inside a fortified bulldozer went on a rampage Friday, firing shots and knocking down buildings as he plowed through the streets, witnesses said.

It was not immediately known whether anyone had been injured.

"He's got gun turrets," witness Scott Schaffer told KUSA-TV. Another resident, Judy Craig, told the station she heard heavy damage was done to the town library and city hall.

State Patrol Maj. Jim Wolfinbarger said officers told him the driver had aimed his weapon at propane tanks. Gov. Bill Owens (search) alerted the National Guard (search) and was prepared to send troops to the town if requested, but local authorities had not asked for that help, Owens spokesman Dan Hopkins said.

Store owner William Hertel said a man he did not know drove by his business in the bulldozer at mid-afternoon. He said the machine took out a wall of the library and part of a new bank building.

He took out the trees and light pole in front of Hertel's store driving back and forth through the town, Hertel said.

"I was up on the roof when he came by. I got down and got my wife and kids out of the back of the building," Hertel told The Associated Press. He said he had heard numerous gun shots.

Lurlene Curran, the Grand County manager, said to her knowledge no one had been hurt. She said at least five buildings had been damaged.

"The piece of equipment is so big it's hard to stop," she said. "We're doing everything we can to stop this chaos."

Granby, a town of about 2,200 at nearly 8,000 feet, is about 50 miles west of Denver.

The bulldozer knocked out natural gas service to City Hall and a cement plant, said Xcel Energy (search) spokesman Mark Stutz. He said one truck and a wall of the utility's service center had been damaged.

The scene was reminiscent of a 1998 rampage in Alma, another town in the Colorado Rockies. Authorities said Tom Leask shot a man to death, then used a town-owned front-end loader to heavily damage the town's post office, fire department, water department and town hall.

Satan
06-04-2004, 07:34 PM
That Coors beer fucks with your mind!

Mezro
06-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Looks like Bob the Builder got downsized.

Mezro...going postal with heavy equipment has never been so much fun

alexpgrimes
06-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Where's Jesse James??? A new project from Monster Garage maybe???

Eyes of the Night
06-07-2004, 05:10 AM
"He's got gun turrents" ...

That cracked me up! ... Dude musta been tripping thinking he was in a video game ... destroyed a library? Buwahaha!!! ...

Cool thread El Sargo ...

:gulp:

Satan
06-07-2004, 12:46 PM
He was practicing for a job interview with Ariel Sharon's IDF. But now that he's "relocated" himself here in Hell, I gave him a job driving his bulldozer for the Department of Underworld Transportation, working under the supervision of Bon Scott, building the Highways to Hell.