PDA

View Full Version : It's Election Year In Tennessee

Hardrock69
07-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Governors and Senate races, etc.

What I find absolutely stupid is on all the TV commercials I see, the candidates are using the same generic formula:

"The politicians in Washington are ruining our nation. They are stealing our jobs, taking our money, ruining our way of life. I will take them to court to stop them from doing this. I will create jobs, and put money back in your pocket. Let us stop these corrupt politicians in Washington."

And of course, the Retardlicans are using the mantra: "Let's stop Obama NOW!"

SO....they want to point fingers at politicians, calling them corrupt, evil, destroying our way of life, etc.

Yet they are campaigning to BECOME one of those "corrupt, evil, Washington politicians"?

WHY IN THE FUCK SHOULD WE VOTE FOR ANYONE WHO ASPIRES TO BE CORRUPT, EVIL, AND WILL DO ALL THEY CAN TO DESTROY OUR WAY OF LIFE?

That is EXACTLY the message they are sending.

"Those politicians in Washington Are EVIL AND CORRUPT, and are DESTROYING OUR WAY OF LIFE, DESTROYING JOBS, TAKING YOUR MONEY, and I want to BE ONE OF THEM!" :umm:

Fucking pathetic.

bueno bob
07-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Sounds about right to me. Same thing going on here...I've been getting flooded with ads from Chris Dudley, an ex Portland Trailblazer, about wanting to "clean up Oregon from all the corruption" and all it basically boils down to being is "Democrats are bad!".

Of course, John Kitzhaber is going to absolutely crush him, but that's a given...

Hardrock69
07-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Heck, this sort of thing has been going on since the dawn of time.

Back in ancient Egypt, one pharoah would die, and if he was unpopular, the next ruler would have his name and cartouche erased from every monument it appeared on.

It is pretty pathetic that these candidates are so inept and have so little to offer, that their sole platform is "The incumbent is doing a BAD job. You should elect ME, so I can do a bad job!" :biggrin:

Hardrock69
07-08-2010, 12:33 AM
And so it goes on and on and on.....

Tonight was the first personal attack....a broadside by one candidate against 2 others (apparently incumbents in the State Legislature).

"They are telling you they want to cut spending, but THEY VOTED FOR SPENDING PACKAGES AND HELPED NULLIFY DEADLINES SO THEY COULD - THEY VOTED TO SPEND OVER 5 BILLION OF YOUR TAXPAYER DOLLARS!"

MMmmmkay.

Bet you a dollar the packages they voted for were called "State Budgets", and that they voted for such spending during the normal course of business, just to keep the State functioning.

But I digress.

Next award recipient on tonight's local news broadcast goes to the fucking idiot who went on the usual rant about how Washington is spending all this money that we do not have (No, not going to debate that here...this thread is about TV commercials), then he said:

"AND I WILL END OBAMACARE!
NOW!"

Really?

You WILL?

NOW?

Why has it not been on the news? Surely if you, a fucking minor-league politician, are somehow SINGLE-HANDEDLY able to OVERTURN a LAW PASSED BY CONGRESS, AND SIGNED INTO LAW BY THE PRESIDENT, then it should be ALL OVER THE EVENING NEWS AND THE INTERNET!!!

I can see it now:

"TENNESSEE STATE POLITICIAN NULLIFIES FEDERAL LAW!"

WTF???? :umm:

HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU MAN?

DO YOU POSSESS SOME KIND OF DIM AWARENESS IN THAT SUB-NEANDERTHAL BRAIN OF YOURS THAT INVOLVES SOMETHING MORE THAN JUST EATING, BREATHING, SHITTING AND SLEEPING?

I have to see THIS!:umm:

COME ON MOTHERFUCKER! :mad:

SHOW ME ON THE MOTHERFUCKING INTERNET ANYWHERE WHERE A LEGITIMATE NEWS SOURCE IS REPORTING THAT YOU SOMEHOW POSSESS THE CAPACITY TO NULLIFY FEDERAL LAW AND HAVE DONE SO SINCE 5:23 PM THIS EVENING, WEDNESDAY JULY 7, 2010!

COME ON!

SHOW ME MOTHERFUCKER!

YOU SAID YOU WOULD DO IT NOW!

I SAW YOU ON TV AND THAT IS WHAT YOU SAID!

Lying SACK OF FUCKING SHIT!!! :mad:

As I always say.....the one thing in common with politicians, weathermen, and televangelists is that they ALL stand up in front of everyone, broadcasting as far and wide and to as many people as possible....in a 3-piece suit and they LIE TO YOU.

The only real difference between the three of them is that the weather forecaster is the only one of the three who actually believes what he is saying.
The televangelist and politician BOTH KNOW they are lying, and the richest and most corrupt politicians and televangelists are the ones who can lie better than anyone else!

These are mealy-mouthed cocksuckers who could almost lie their fucking way in to Heaven, they are so good at lying. They are the fucking Used-Car salesmen of The Human Race, but their motherfucking car lot has a bunch of Bible's and political platforms in it!

The televangelist preys on your fears (send me money or you will burn in hell) and the politician preys on your anger (as he/she tries to get you mad at the incumbent or other opponents or real/imaginary enemies).

How many motherfuckers don't give a FUCK about religion or helping their fellow human?

How many motherfuckers are only preaching to you from Senate Floor or Pulpit because they understand that it is a fucking RACKET!???

All the politician has to do is create a following by lying well enough that people will give him money.

Wow. What a strange thought. He is being PAID to LIE!

And if he can reach a high-enough office, he can be in charge of the world, or at least have a perfect benefits package to last him/her for LIFE!

All the televangelist has to do is create a following by lying well enough that people will give him money.

And if he can reach a high-enough office, he can buy as many young boys or prostitutes and as much crack as he wants, and can afford a large mansion, with a summer home in The Hamptons, and a bulletproof limo and a $1,000-an-hour shrink, and legal representation by the RICHEST religion on Earth - THE VATICAN.

Oh, one other difference between the three: The intentions of the weather forecasters are actually good. They do have a desire to help us by reporting (lying) to us about the weather, and they are correct in their predictions a large percent of the time. AND (most importantly), they are not trying to scam us out of money. They get paid by the TV station/network they work for.

Actually it gives weather forecasters a bad name to lump them in with politicians and religious scammers. But hey, when they can tell me what the weather is going to 5 days from now, and be correct 100% of the time, THEN and ONLY then will they NOT be lying to us, lol. :hee:

Oh well.

I will keep an eye on the upcoming mudslinging on local TV and will post the more bizarre and asinine claims by the people running for office in this neck of the woods.

WOOHOO!!

If'n they wants mah vote, all they bettah do is get me sum gud moonshine and some powder 'n' buckshot for mah shootin' arn!

Hot DAMN!
:hee:

hambon4lif
07-08-2010, 01:16 AM
All politicians are pieces of shit.....FACT!

If a candidate ran a TV commercial like.....

"Hi...I'm running for office because I need a six-figure-income and the opportunity to fuck Americans even further in the ass than the last guy did"

Would you really vote for him?

.........I wouldn't either, but he'd get major points for his brutal honesty.....

Hardrock69
07-08-2010, 02:29 AM
True dat!