PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Volpe Pulls Off HFT in a Whole New Way!

GAR
07-10-2010, 03:20 PM
<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kr9xGRWarTs&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

uhhhh... huhuhuhuhuh~!!

Jimmy Volpe, famous here on this board as having played with Van Halen back in the club days BEHIND the kit with his group Smile (everybody knows this) back in his Sunset Strip days - gets in FRONT of the kit for the VH song "Hot For Teacher" in this clip I just found.

Yeah.. he's one of the best drummers in the world, and XLNT backup vocalist in his own right. However, here he displays his talent to the fullest as frontman in this tune, pulling of a DLR most excellently with "Jimmy and the Meerkats."

I never heard of them but apparently they play the same club his other configuration "Priests of Love" called The Cabin in Arcadia, across the street from where the old Roxanne's was on Huntington.

Vocals - Jimmy Volpe
Guitar - Lance Cosgrove
Bass - Gary Putman
Drums - Abel Vallejo

I had seen Priests of Love play there, but that set was more toned-down than this, perhaps this grouping is for a more lively set of songs.

ENJOY

GAR
07-10-2010, 03:30 PM
lolz - Volpe's rolling on the floor @ 4:30 towards the end, and you see the front door to First Cabin bar wide open.

But that's how it is in Arcadia, very casual. Retail stores nearby are all closed so it's got lots of street parking and nobody complains of the volume so go and rock out.

Arcadia's a racetrack town with a mall north of it, not much foot traffic goin down outside so if you ever drove down Huntington between first and Santa Anita at night and heard a ruckus, you really did drive past a fine local secret.

Very enjoyable joint, First Cabin gets 5stars!