PDA

View Full Version : Fucking yellow jackets!

Hardrock69
07-11-2010, 08:57 PM
:mad:

One of the pitfalls of living in the stix outside Gnashville, are the fucking yellow jackets.
Have been attacked several times in the past 7 years while doing yardwork.
Actually, yardwork with powertools. Lawn mowers, weed eaters.....and this evening, a leaf blower!

Motherfuckers build nests in the ground, or in cracks and crevices of dead trees, etc.

Had used a weed eater to cut grass and weeds near my front porch steps. Somehow did not bother them, nor did I see any. Then, after awhile, walked up there and was blasting the step area with a leaf blower to clear away all the debris. Suddenly saw a dark flash in front of my eyes, and felt a sting dead center on my upper lip. Ran like hell for a moment. Crept back towards the porch, and saw an angry mob of them buzzing around the steps. Seems they had built a nest inside the steps (made of wood), and there was a crack on the side that was their main entry.

Snuck around to the other end of the porch, crossed over to the end where my faithful four-legged son Buddy was watching me intently. Got him inside. Snuck back out, and went to my storage shed, and got one of those spray cans of wasp and hornet killer that sprays 25 feet. Then, I got in my SUV, and with the windows up, I rolled up directly in front of the steps. Rolled my drivers side window down just a couple of inches, and murdered several hundred of those goddamned fuckers. By the time I was done, I had sprayed directly into the entry crack, and there were no more of them to be seen.

Waited awhile, then murdered the stragglers.

Somewhere in Hell, a bunch of yellow jackets are stinging Adolph Hitler right now.

*sigh*

Came back in, took a couple of ibuprofen gel caps, and am working on a mug of ice water to reduce the swelling.

Tomorrow at the slave pit, I expect commentary from my co-workers.

One of my crowning achievements in the war on these fuckers came one day when I was taking a break from yardwork, and was sitting on the pavement of my driveway. I happened to glance over to an area of yard near my burn pile, which I had not gotten to yet with the lawn mower. I saw them busily flying into and out of a hole in the ground.

So, following my standard scorched Earth policy, I dumped a bunch of gasoline down the hole, then tossed a smoke bomb on it from ten feet away.

WOOSH!

Flames 15 feet tall. Yellow jackets flying into the flames and crashing to the ground.

When I encounter these fuckers, I become a genocidal maniac who shows no mercy.

DIE YELLOW JACKETS DIE! Mwuhahahahahah.

Fuckers!

GAR
07-11-2010, 09:20 PM
... crossed over to the end where my faithful four-legged son Buddy was watching me intently.

NEVER again lay with his four-legged mother, that was such an immoral thing to do.

What's done is done; put him thru school, help him find a job (so he's not a burden on social services) but do not make a brother for him.

Do the right thing!

Little Texan
07-12-2010, 12:24 AM

One of the pitfalls of living in the stix outside Gnashville, are the fucking yellow jackets.
Have been attacked several times in the past 7 years while doing yardwork.
Actually, yardwork with powertools. Lawn mowers, weed eaters.....and this evening, a leaf blower!

Motherfuckers build nests in the ground, or in cracks and crevices of dead trees, etc.

Had used a weed eater to cut grass and weeds near my front porch steps. Somehow did not bother them, nor did I see any. Then, after awhile, walked up there and was blasting the step area with a leaf blower to clear away all the debris. Suddenly saw a dark flash in front of my eyes, and felt a sting dead center on my upper lip. Ran like hell for a moment. Crept back towards the porch, and saw an angry mob of them buzzing around the steps. Seems they had built a nest inside the steps (made of wood), and there was a crack on the side that was their main entry.

Snuck around to the other end of the porch, crossed over to the end where my faithful four-legged son Buddy was watching me intently. Got him inside. Snuck back out, and went to my storage shed, and got one of those spray cans of wasp and hornet killer that sprays 25 feet. Then, I got in my SUV, and with the windows up, I rolled up directly in front of the steps. Rolled my drivers side window down just a couple of inches, and murdered several hundred of those goddamned fuckers. By the time I was done, I had sprayed directly into the entry crack, and there were no more of them to be seen.

Waited awhile, then murdered the stragglers.

Somewhere in Hell, a bunch of yellow jackets are stinging Adolph Hitler right now.

*sigh*

Came back in, took a couple of ibuprofen gel caps, and am working on a mug of ice water to reduce the swelling.

Tomorrow at the slave pit, I expect commentary from my co-workers.

One of my crowning achievements in the war on these fuckers came one day when I was taking a break from yardwork, and was sitting on the pavement of my driveway. I happened to glance over to an area of yard near my burn pile, which I had not gotten to yet with the lawn mower. I saw them busily flying into and out of a hole in the ground.

So, following my standard scorched Earth policy, I dumped a bunch of gasoline down the hole, then tossed a smoke bomb on it from ten feet away.

WOOSH!

Flames 15 feet tall. Yellow jackets flying into the flames and crashing to the ground.

When I encounter these fuckers, I become a genocidal maniac who shows no mercy.

DIE YELLOW JACKETS DIE! Mwuhahahahahah.

Fuckers!

I know what you mean. I, too, live in the sticks, and have had many a run in with stinging insects, and I hate the fuck out of all of them. The ones I usually have a problem with are red wasps. They are always trying to build nests around the doors and at the far end of my house. Whenever I discover a nest, I'll saturate them with Bengal Wasp and Hornet Killer (the BEST shit) and destroy their nest if it's accessible. About the only stinging insects I can tolerate are honeybees, because they serve a useful purpose. Any other stinging insects, I wouldn't care if they were wiped off the face of the earth!

PETE'S BROTHER
07-12-2010, 12:43 AM
we have a shit ton of bees in our back yard. they are using the ponds in our tortoise pens for their water source. no idea where the nest is, but it is definately down the street from us. you can watch them fly in and out over our wall. they get very irritated when i turn the sprinklers on. i've gotten stung twice this summer so far.:(

Little Texan
07-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Hey Pete's Bro, I've heard that Black Widow spiders are really bad in the Arizona desert. Have you ever had any problems with them?

PETE'S BROTHER
07-12-2010, 01:23 AM
we have them in our yard, scorpions too. i usually leave the widows alone as long as they aren't on our patio.

Nitro Express
07-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Hey Pete's Bro, I've heard that Black Widow spiders are really bad in the Arizona desert. Have you ever had any problems with them?

Black widows basically stay in their webs and pretty much aren't a problem. Our storage shed in Boise, Idaho was full of them and I just let them eat the bugs. They like to build their webs by a window or light source. In the desert they usually build their webs at the entrance of burrows.

Nitro Express
07-12-2010, 02:14 AM
What works good on yellow jackets is those traps you buy at garden centers. I bait mine with soda pop. They are basically a plastic jar with some tubes that the yellow jackets fly into and then they get stuck inside the thing. Soda pop with sugar in it seems to work better than juice and it's amazing how many of the buggers you can catch.

Nitro Express
07-12-2010, 02:16 AM
The problem I have in my yard is the moose come in and eat all the new aspen trees I've planted. I've lived here for ten years and every aspen tree I've planted they come in and eat.

Nitro Express
07-12-2010, 02:18 AM
Early summer is mosquito season. One of the draw backs of living close to the river and wetlands.

Nitro Express
07-12-2010, 02:25 AM
What works great on bee stings is cigarette tobacco. You have to have good quality tobacco and Top or Pall Malls, Camels, ect work great. Just get some tobacco soggy with water and hold it on the sting. It will pull the venom out and kill the pain. You can use it on spider bites. I got bit by a hobo spider and used tobacco and lanced the bite, then used iodine. It worked great. It even works on mosquito bites.

Hardrock69
07-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Funny enough, but honey is a good thing for bee stings.

When I lived in LA, I worked for an aircraft parts manufacturer in Sun Valley for awhile. Used to come in to work and find scorpions.

Igosplut
07-12-2010, 12:37 PM
One time while riding I had a yellow jacket hit me in the face. It's dying accomplishment was to sting me in the lower eye lid. By the time I got home (ten Minutes) my eye swelled closed. Years back another time, I was riding slowly down a main street and saw a big bumble bee (common to this area) darting back and forth in front of me. Well don't you know when I reached him he flew right into the the inside of my helmet (one of the few times I actually wore a regular helmet that covered my ears). Pissed at his confinement, the fucker started stinging the shit outta the side of my head. It was all I could do to get the strap undone, and fling the helmet off my head. It bounced off the hood of the car following me that also happened to be a cop car, putting a dent in it, pissing off the cop to no end. I, of course pulled over and the cop read me the riot act, not letting me get a word in edge-wise. I got a criminal charge of destruction of police property and had to go to court over it. When the judge heard the explanation of WHY I flung the helmet off, and the fact that the cop wouldn't even let me say ONE word about why (what if I was allergic to bee stings for fucks sake??) , he tore into the cops ass big-time, and then made them apologize to me, throwing the case out.......

One of the garages I keep one of my cars in had a bumble bee nest in the trim around the drive in doors. Bumble bees here are pretty docile, you really have to fuck with them to even get stung. But they had a BIG nest going in that building's wall. I got a few cans of starter fluid and shot them directly into the holes. Not only did it kill them, but they never came back either....

Hardrock69
07-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I checked out the crack in my steps this morning as I left for work. Stragglers were flying to and fro, and it was obvious they were still pissed off.

Stopping at Lowes tonight to get a couple more cans of Wasp Death.

Then, tonight after it is dark, and the little fuckers are all tucked in for the night, I am going to go right up to that crack and spray the shit out of it. A little while later I am going to throw a bug bomb under there.

Swelling has gone down considerably already. But I AM THE BRINGER OF BUG DEATH! :mad:

Blaze
07-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Follow along...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zFxGZ8PStOQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zFxGZ8PStOQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xfj1n8vPWCE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xfj1n8vPWCE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5erjj6aS5Ws&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5erjj6aS5Ws&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Of course this is just for pretend it would be wrong to kill yellow jackets stealthy. :hitch:

Blaze
07-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Proper trap reviews.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0X75ZyymcNM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0X75ZyymcNM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>