PDA

View Full Version : A little help

VanHalenFan5150
07-12-2010, 05:34 PM
I've been wanting to adjust the action on my Kramer guitar, which has a Floyd Rose. I took the strings off and i'm cleaning it and stuff. But i'm wondering, what can I do to lower the action a bit?

Diamondjimi
07-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Lower the 2 pivot post's by tightening to the right....

VanHalenFan5150
07-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Alright, i'll try that out, thanks. :D I also have a recessed rout for my bridge, the FR. Should I screw the saddles in the back peg or the front peg? (I.e the one closest to the fine tuners or the ones closest to the pickup)

Diamondjimi
07-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Alright, i'll try that out, thanks. :D I also have a recessed rout for my bridge, the FR. Should I screw the saddles in the back peg or the front peg? (I.e the one closest to the fine tuners or the ones closest to the pickup)

Dude, those are to adjust your intonation.

VanHalenFan5150
07-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks, i'm gonna put strings on now. I use D'Addarios mediums, how 'bout you?

Diamondjimi
07-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Same here.... 10-52's

VanHalenFan5150
07-12-2010, 08:02 PM
I like the tone I get out of them. They're the best strings i've ever used. Besides DR's, really. DR's Tens are incredible.

VAiN
07-12-2010, 08:09 PM
I used 10's for years until about 2 or 3 years ago when I switched back to 9's... I figure why make it harder then I have to on myself? I guess I'm lazy :biggrin:

chefcraig
07-12-2010, 08:14 PM
I used 10's for years until about 2 or 3 years ago when I switched back to 9's... I figure why make it harder then I have to on myself? I guess I'm lazy :biggrin:

Remember those Dean Markley 10s that we had to drive all the way to Musician's Exchange on Sunrise to get? I loved those things, and each pack came with a free sticker. For a while there in the late seventies/early eighties, very musician in S. Florida had covered (and in some instances held together) their guitar cases with them.

jhale667
07-12-2010, 10:15 PM
10-52's

Hey, me too! :killer:

Diamondjimi
07-13-2010, 01:47 AM

I could never go back to 9's. They feel like thread to me now after all these years of 10's.
I find 10's ring better than 9's when you strike a chord. Plus the temperament of the gauge suits my hand/finger strength perfectly.
Started to find with 9's I was over bending too often and needed a bit more resistance...

GAR
07-13-2010, 02:07 AM
I started on 9's then discovered 8s two years later.

I've worked up to 11's and saw no benefit, then went straight back down to 8's an went "whoa" because all the rubber was back, and all the cast-iron-skillet tone was gone.

I liked a little klank back, so I went back up to 9's. In an 8 I love the GHS Boomers. In the 9's I like Dean Markley cryo's, Fender or EB 9-42's and have been that way the last 26 years.

GAR
07-13-2010, 02:26 AM
I've been wanting to adjust the action on my Kramer guitar, which has a Floyd Rose. I took the strings off and i'm cleaning it and stuff. But i'm wondering, what can I do to lower the action a bit?

Play with the spring claw by using a number 2 phillips screwdriver, brand new, that you from now on keep in your case.

Back out the screws so some common object you choose to fit between the body and the claw bracket will fit: such as a dine, two Crayolas, your chicks lipstick cover, or your coch.

Then tighten each screw so they are exactly the same distance, then tune up your strings watching how the trem floats on the body in relation to height of strings off the end of the fingerboard.

Then bring the action down by counting quarter-turns off each trem claw till it floats right - THEN use the height-adjust screws to compensate.

You can also use a fresh Bastard Cut file to remove wood beneath the nut: remove both nutblock screws - detune - remove nutblock - file fiver or ten strokes flatly and evenly - replace block - retune - check action and repeat until the first fret barely buzzes. If you have spark plug feeler gauge strips, you can do this safely by checking the height above first fret on each low and high e strings by using .022" or .023" thousandths strips for clearance. Then you know that's about as far as you go without topping the frets.

Lastly but firstly before you top the frets, adjust the truss rod by using the 4 or 5mm allen and inserted, rotate it clockwise in quarter turns while sighting down the neck like a gunbarrel. You are watching for the hump in the neck's curvature to backbow out and this will give you some beginnings of buzzing situation mid-neck. So you keep going untill you hear that buzz, plucking with one hand while pulling the Allen in the other in quarter turns. Once you hear the buzz, back the wrench off a half-quarter turn then stop. Play holding the guitar to see if the backbow changes from playing it belly-up as you did while tightening the truss rod.. if the hump came back a little, thats okay its supposed to do that. If it doesn't, hold it back on the bench and back off another half-quarter turn and it should be there again.

Once all that's dialed in, you can file the frets with a specially modified double-cut flat mill file to top the frets. And to remove the scratches left by the file, you sand with a rubber block using 180 then 280 grey dry-cut sandpaper, folowed by buffing with green Scotch-Brite or 4-0 steel wool (if your fingerboard's rosewood, if it's maple, you have to use masking tape to tape off the finish or maple cuz it stains really quickly).

That's a simplified setup. What you're really asking is how to setup a Floyd mounted guitar and for a beginner to understand it, that's the whole process. It's not just "well lets try a #3 flatblade screwdriver on those pivot screws" I wish it were that simple.

Hardrock69
07-13-2010, 09:27 AM
You can also use a fresh Bastard Cut file to remove the wood from between your ears. It will give your skull room to breathe, and might even increase your IQ by half a point or so, bringing you up to the intelligence level of balsa wood. :hee:

Igosplut
07-13-2010, 10:44 AM
If you have spark plug feeler gauge strips, you can do this safely by checking the height above first fret on each low and high e strings by using .022" or .023" thousandths strips for clearance

No such thing as a spark plug gap of 22-23 thousandths coward, hence there are no gap tools that go down that low. 0.25" is the lowest and they don't make them in strips, they are like this.....

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/43300/43281.JPG

Or this

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/33100/33068.JPG

I cherry pick (and you're famous for this) because you always try to be so descriptive in your advise, showcasing your vast knowledge on these subjects, and it's fun to see you fall on your nose over stupid bullshit lies that prove you little of what you talk about, because you don't know enough to know what you should, or shouldn't copy and paste.....

GAR
07-13-2010, 11:39 AM
You can also use a fresh Bastard Cut file to remove the wood from between your ears.

My folks were married years before my birth, so you're wrong there..

GAR
07-13-2010, 11:40 AM
No such thing as a spark plug gap of 22-23 thousandths coward, hence there are no gap tools that go down that low. 0.25" is the lowest and they don't make them in strips, they are like this.....

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/43300/43281.JPG

Or this

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/33100/33068.JPG

I cherry pick (and you're famous for this) because you always try to be so descriptive in your advise, showcasing your vast knowledge on these subjects, and it's fun to see you fall on your nose over stupid bullshit lies that prove you little of what you talk about, because you don't know enough to know what you should, or shouldn't copy and paste.....

Quoting Cato here.. "Umm?"

http://www.fine-tools.com/s309613a.jpg

Hardrock69
07-13-2010, 12:01 PM
My folks were married years before my birth, so you're wrong there..

No I am not, fucking dumbass. Despite your abandonment issues, I was not referring to you as a 'bastard'. A fucking loser asshole is the correct description for you.

It is obvious you have failed to Google this in order to attempt to demonstrate you know anything about tools, even though you are one:

A bastard file is a file whose teeth configuration is in between a rough or coarse file and a 'second cut' file. In precise terms therefore a bastard file is one which 'is one cut finer than that of a coarse file'.

In common language a bastard is an illegitimate child, one born out of wedlock. However it may also allude to something that is unusual, irregular or disproportionate. It is this latter meaning that is employed in the term bastard file, not the former.
When used for a file the word bastard means irregular, in other words, a file that can neither be classified as a 'coarse file' or as a 'second cut file'.

Read more: Where did the 'Bastard File' get its odd name? | Answerbag http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:c8V09E050s4J:www.answerbag.com/q_view/3816+%22bastard+file%22&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us#ixzz0tZwbXNIb

Igosplut
07-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Quoting Cato here.. "Umm?"

http://www.fine-tools.com/s309613a.jpg

That's a general use feeler gauge, not a spark plug gap tool coward. Why would you need 0.005" on a spark plug ?? Tell me? You pride yourself on how correct you are, and you still can't get it right...

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=hand&item_ID=71&group_ID=1122&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/20700/20611.JPG

GAR
07-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Why would you need 0.005" on a spark plug ?? Tell me?

To get an accurate slip-gap of any size between the smallest gauge blade up to the maximum stackwidth or any inbetween gap you need you pull or add blades to make up the gap.

Gee, you're Mister Motorcycle Man and I need to tell this shit to you? Or Google couldn't tel you: nevermind I shall explain -

Let's say you need 25 thou and you tweaked the .025 blade, you can use a .020 with a .005 on top of it. Do the math.

OR: add a 6 thou on top of a 19 to get 25. OR a nine, a five and an eleven... or... HAHAHAA~!! You don't know do you or you wouldnt be asking..

GAR
07-13-2010, 03:17 PM
I suppose I should start a Guitar Tech Toolbox thread, and explain the features and benefits of a 9v battery and how it's used.

Or a screwdriver.

GAR
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
NAH fuck that, my stalkers will call me a liar when Google can't find links they can understand within the Dr. Seuss's 220-word vocabulary list.

Igosplut
07-13-2010, 04:16 PM
To get an accurate slip-gap of any size between the smallest gauge blade up to the maximum stackwidth or any inbetween gap you need you pull or add blades to make up the gap.

Gee, you're Mister Motorcycle Man and I need to tell this shit to you? Or Google couldn't tel you: nevermind I shall explain -

Let's say you need 25 thou and you tweaked the .025 blade, you can use a .020 with a .005 on top of it. Do the math.

OR: add a 6 thou on top of a 19 to get 25. OR a nine, a five and an eleven... or... HAHAHAA~!! You don't know do you or you wouldnt be asking..

What's the standard plug gap sizes? Might they be the one's that are on the plug gap tools I posted? Maybe??

And just maybe the general service feeler gauges have increments that you wouldn't HAVE to make a 25 as it's already there??

You can't twist it around enough to look right to anybody but yourself here.

Igosplut
07-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I suppose I should start a Guitar Tech Toolbox thread, and explain the features and benefits of a 9v battery and how it's used.

Or a screwdriver.

DO IT. Right here in the gear forum. Please. I can post pictures of my tool box. No problem, to PROVE what I own, and what I'm talking about. DOM meters, the works....Let's talk...

But you won't. You won't even respond to this because I can prove everything I say and you can't..Put up or shut up.....

Anybody else wanna see stuff like that ???? chime in...

PETE'S BROTHER
07-13-2010, 04:24 PM
DO IT. Right here in the gear forum. Please. I can post pictures of my tool box. No problem, to PROVE what I own, and what I'm talking about. DOM meters, the works....Let's talk...

But you won't. You won't even respond to this because I can prove everything I say and you can't..Put up or shut up.....

i would like to see DOM minatrixes:baaa:

Jagermeister
07-13-2010, 04:35 PM

I would like to see a 3/4in deep 1/2 in drive impact socket shoved in GAR's pie hole. :biggrin:

Igosplut
07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
I would like to see a 3/4in deep 1/2 in drive impact socket shoved in GAR's pie hole. :biggrin:

I'll post a tease of my socket drawer to start, this was from a few years ago and it has MORE in it now......

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/Igosplut/Toolbox005.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/Igosplut/Toolbox006.jpg

PETE'S BROTHER
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
pics takin' for insurance reasons? or to remember where they go.:biggrin:

Jagermeister
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
Holy Shit. Nice beer can. ;)

Igosplut
07-13-2010, 04:58 PM
pics takin' for insurance reasons? or to remember where they go.:biggrin:

Yep, for insurance reasons. I'll take updated one's if GARgle has the balls to put up the thread. I'm running out of room in that drawer. The wrench drawer is completely full.

PETE'S BROTHER

shove that in gar's ass

Igosplut

That was for perspective. That drawer is 70" long

chefcraig
07-13-2010, 05:02 PM

I was intrigued by the ride in the second picture, as there is a lot of chrome showing. What's the vehicle, Igo? :baaa:

Igosplut
07-13-2010, 05:06 PM
I was intrigued by the ride in the second picture, as there is a lot of chrome showing. What's the vehicle, Igo? :baaa:

PM me your Email and I send you pictures and descriptions. And your PM box is full.....

Jagermeister
07-13-2010, 05:06 PM

LOL. That's what I tell my wife when those are piled up in the trash.

Jagermeister
07-13-2010, 05:10 PM
That is big damn box fo sure.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-13-2010, 05:13 PM
chevy II?

Igosplut
07-13-2010, 05:19 PM
chevy II?

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/Igosplut/axle001.jpg

Diamondjimi
07-13-2010, 05:28 PM
I started on 9's then discovered 8s two years later.

I've worked up to 11's and saw no benefit, then went straight back down to 8's

:lmao:
Bwahahahaaa! PUSSY BITCH!!!!!

:Loser:

PETE'S BROTHER
07-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Nice! good lookin' ride.

Diamondjimi
07-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Nice derail GARfail. C'mon, answer Igo's questions you limp wristed donkey fluffer!

Diamondjimi
07-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Gar's tools...
http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/62/85/76/81024665-260x260-0-0_Fisher+Price+Fisher+Price+Handy+Manny+s+Talkin+T oo.jpg http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/161-9237960SPA73UC627694M.jpg

GAR
07-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Please. I can post pictures of my tool box.

I think I collectively speak for the board in requesting you specifically DO NOT post pics of your filthy box, or anyone's tool you throw in it.

GAR
07-13-2010, 05:42 PM
Nice derail GARfail. C'mon, answer Igo's questions you limp wristed donkey fluffer!

You tell me what blade gauges were intended for then.

I've already specified what to do with 'em in checking string distance off a fret, so... may you cunt unnerstand Engoolesha?

jhale667
07-13-2010, 05:42 PM
my stalkers

GAR
07-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Igloo's got a 7K beer coaster in his shop yet wanted to split hairs over what in the world a feeler gauge is?

LOLZ

Igosplut
07-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Igloo's got a 7K beer coaster in his shop yet wanted to split hairs over what in the world a feeler gauge is?

LOLZ

C'mon fucker start the thread. Show me up, you say you can with no problem. it's all shit compared to what you know and have, lets go....

Igosplut
07-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Funny how the coward fades from the view and the thread when challenged to put his money where his mouth is...

With his vast resources and intelligence he should show me up no problem......Except he runs away...

twonabomber
07-13-2010, 09:52 PM
The wrench drawer is completely full.

i've seen that pic on another site. all i can say is...holy shit, dude. my "barely can put gas in a car" friends think i have a lot of tools, i should show 'em that pic.

GAR
07-13-2010, 10:41 PM
With his vast resources and intelligence he should show me up no problem......Except he runs away...

From what, 'Gloo? I appreciate your genuine sharing of your slice of life on the board, but I never asked you to do so.

My own consistency is holding the line at my promise not to share pics of my junk, and if the details bore all my friends they're sure to bore anyone here as well.

GAR
07-13-2010, 10:43 PM
i've seen that pic on another site.

He googled that pic? The SHAME Igloo! Liar, etc etc.. posting as his own etc etc probably doesnt own anything etc etc...

Diamondjimi
07-14-2010, 01:57 AM
You tell me what blade gauges were intended for then.

I've already specified what to do with 'em in checking string distance off a fret, so... may you cunt unnerstand Engoolesha?

I have never known any repair guy who uses spark plug gap measuring guages to measure string height and fret clearance.
Here is the correct way to measure string height. I've been using this method myself for many years with great success.
http://www.6webs.com/string.jpg

Now, shut yer Cocksucker and post pics. of your gear or GTFO! :shiznit: :Loser:

GAR
07-14-2010, 02:10 AM
A quarter-inch deflection at the 14th fret? That's .250, or ten times the dimension we're talking about at first fret for clearance.

DullardDimmy, I don't think feeler gauges can help you the way they help us techs sort out height-adjust issues. Ask around cuz you seem to disbelieve everything i state not found on Google.

Igloo will tell you it's impossible to check for valve lash clearance without these, and in the last 20 years most factories including Fender Custom Shop spec the clearances with a gauge.

Without a gauge to tell you what's going on, guessing at what your clearance is, is equivalent to NOT knowing if you could or should keep filing nut slots, grinding beneath the locking nut ledge, or topping frets.. or basically pissing in the wind.

The way you use these in adjusting valve lashes on a smallblock Chevy is stick 'em inbetween the rocker tappet and valve end, then wrench the nut till it the gauge slips out easily. But with string clearances, you keep filing a slot until THAT slot will just touch the gauge, barely. You work on one string at a time, the others taped behind the fingerboard each string you do.

So you see, gauging your string height clearances is exactly the same principle yet different method in adjusting valve lash on a motor.

Of course, doing this with a Floyd block is both more difficult, but simpler because you only worry about the outer E strings. Once those clearances are set, the other four are already set by the arc of the clamp so you don't have to, nor can you do, anything further - you're done.

jhale667
07-14-2010, 02:32 AM
Blah, blah... Somehow I don't think a pissing match is what the OP meant by "help". :rolleyes:

Want some info with out all the GARbabble? Try Dan Erlewine's book.

http://www.stewmac.com/catalog/images_1lg/0570_1lg.jpg

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Books,_plans/Building_and_repair:_Guitar,_electric/Guitar_Player_Repair_Guide.html

Guaranteed to be more informative - RELIABLE - and fun than Google.

GAR
07-14-2010, 02:45 AM
Please tell them it includes a chapter on feeler gauges..

jhale667
07-14-2010, 02:58 AM
Nothing about using automotive ones...

GAR
07-14-2010, 03:45 AM
Fuck these ASSHOLES kid, take Fender's word for it if you take nobodys..

Stratocaster

STRATOCASTER® ADJUSTMENT AND CARE

http://www.fender.com/support/stratocaster.php

The following setup procedures and specifications are for your Stratocaster as equipped with the strings that come on the instrument as standard equipment from the factory. If you plan to change string gauges, you may need to adjust the specs somewhat to compensate for the changes in string sizes. Modifications of the specs may also be made (within limited parameters) to adjust for your individual playing style or application (i.e., how hard you pick, strum or fret the guitar).
Note: These are minimum specifications that are meant as a guide; they should not be construed as hard and fast rules, as we realize that every player's subjective requirements often differ.
TOOLS NEEDED

Set of motherfuckin' automotive feeler gauges (.002-.025) (0.05–1 mm)
6" (150 mm) ruler (with 1/32" and 1/64" increments) (0.5 mm increments)
Light machine oil (3-in-1, toy locomotive or gun oil)
Phillips screwdriver
Electronic tuner
Wire cutters
Peg winder
Polish and cloth

GAR
07-14-2010, 03:46 AM
Nothing about using automotive ones...

Owned, checkmate, and thanks.

GAR
07-14-2010, 03:55 AM
shove that in gar's ass

Wow, check that out! Woudja lookit THIS, you got owned too!

You said "shove that fact down on GAR" so you made yourself part of a severe owned on Jay handed down by yours truly.

Didja see it? Dude, I dooded it.. it's a done deal. Nobody on this board seems to argue a Custom Shop Factory setting, it's like a FATWAH.

It's like the FUCKING BIBLE. Fender makes the original bolton guitar, so they should know, and the first tool they specify in your to-have list of tools: is amotherfucking set of spark plug feeler gauges.

Did you root for the wrong team> yes, you did do such a thing. Now your once moistened cheeks of glee are frowning with a sadness such as you have not felt emotions before.

Ever been invited to a wake for the deceased, PetesBrother? This is an event sadder than that, my owning of you on this gauge issue mourns the loss of your poise, your dignity and burns your self-esteem to the ground.

Your lazy, overfed self-respect was once rolling on the grass with laughter over another persons' unfound put-down, now I've placed it six feet UNDER the grass.

How wrong you were sir. Next time you decide to join in on a dogpile, such as have joined my Ignore List, be sure you're rooting for the right team.

Igosplut
07-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Fuck these ASSHOLES kid, take Fender's word for it if you take nobodys..

Stratocaster

STRATOCASTER® ADJUSTMENT AND CARE

http://www.fender.com/support/stratocaster.php

The following setup procedures and specifications are for your Stratocaster as equipped with the strings that come on the instrument as standard equipment from the factory. If you plan to change string gauges, you may need to adjust the specs somewhat to compensate for the changes in string sizes. Modifications of the specs may also be made (within limited parameters) to adjust for your individual playing style or application (i.e., how hard you pick, strum or fret the guitar).
Note: These are minimum specifications that are meant as a guide; they should not be construed as hard and fast rules, as we realize that every player's subjective requirements often differ.
TOOLS NEEDED

[LIST]
Set of motherfuckin' automotive feeler gauges (.002-.025) (0.05–1 mm)

Notice how that DOESN'T say Spark plug gap gauge. And that's what I said in the first place. YOU were the one that said use spark plug gap tools..

Igosplut
07-14-2010, 04:41 AM
From what, 'Gloo? I appreciate your genuine sharing of your slice of life on the board, but I never asked you to do so.

My own consistency is holding the line at my promise not to share pics of my junk, and if the details bore all my friends they're sure to bore anyone here as well.

Your own "consistency" is not proving ANYTHING of what you repeatedly say you have while knocking other peoples stuff. I gave you a chance to go toe to toe with me on tools (that you're an expert on, and what could be the harm of posting pictures of tools???) and you slink away from the challenge.

In your own language, I'd say I own you.....

VanHalenFan5150
07-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Anyway I tried the saddle screw rotation thing. I forgot I had an intonation problem earlier so me and my pops put shims under the nut (with carefully cut holes for the screws, can't tell you how many times I cut the whole shim on accident) and when I took said shims out I got some fucking bad fret buzz on the A string... so I shimmed up the nut again... And now i'm just too lazy to finish working on it, though it's almost done. So my Les Paul will be my main axe for now.

Igosplut
07-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Sorry to derail your thread guy, it's just GARgles such an ass....

VanHalenFan5150
07-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Bet he ain't gotten any ass either. :hee:

At any rate though, like I said, I still got my Les Paul (which has a better neck anyway)

Hardrock69
07-14-2010, 10:46 AM
A quarter-inch deflection at the 14th fret? That's .250, or ten times the dimension we're talking about at first fret for clearance.

You are such a fucking idiot! :lol:

You cannot help but show everyone how little you truly know!

Now you have demonstrated to the world that you cannot even read a fucking scale!

Can you read a fucking scale? I thought not.

That photo shows a clearance of 3/32 of an inch, you STUPID PIECE OF SHIT!

Where the fuck did you come up with a quarter of an inch?

1/4 Inch = .25

3/32 = .09375, which is only a little over THREE times "the dimension we're talking about at first fret for clearance", as you so lamely put it.

Why don't you fucking go away? This fucking thread is NOT about YOU or your ignorant fucking imaginary "I KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT GUITARS" BULLSHIT!

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

This thread was started by VanHalenFan5150, who was asking for some help from people WHO ACTUALLY KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT GUITARS!

This does NOT INCLUDE YOU, FUCKER!

Jay, there is a no-ban policy for the site. But what about an individual forum?

It is impossible for anyone to post in this forum without this retarded ass-monkey leaping in with his bullshit and derailing the thread in question.

Garfuckle needs to be banned from this forum, otherwise there will be no end to his mindless derailments.

Well, unless he were to be run over by a train, or something. :hee:

Hardrock69
07-14-2010, 11:02 AM
I think I collectively speak for the board in requesting you specifically DO NOT post pics of your filthy box, or anyone's tool you throw in it.

I am SURE I collectively speak for the board in telling you to STFU!

VanHalenFan5150
07-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Gar, for the last time, go away

PETE'S BROTHER
07-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Wow, check that out! Woudja lookit THIS, you got owned too!

You said "shove that fact down on GAR" so you made yourself part of a severe owned on Jay handed down by yours truly.

Didja see it? Dude, I dooded it.. it's a done deal. Nobody on this board seems to argue a Custom Shop Factory setting, it's like a FATWAH.

It's like the FUCKING BIBLE. Fender makes the original bolton guitar, so they should know, and the first tool they specify in your to-have list of tools: is amotherfucking set of spark plug feeler gauges.

Did you root for the wrong team> yes, you did do such a thing. Now your once moistened cheeks of glee are frowning with a sadness such as you have not felt emotions before.

Ever been invited to a wake for the deceased, PetesBrother? This is an event sadder than that, my owning of you on this gauge issue mourns the loss of your poise, your dignity and burns your self-esteem to the ground.

Your lazy, overfed self-respect was once rolling on the grass with laughter over another persons' unfound put-down, now I've placed it six feet UNDER the grass.

How wrong you were sir. Next time you decide to join in on a dogpile, such as have joined my Ignore List, be sure you're rooting for the right team.

i was just thinkin' it would help keep the sockets already up there in place and you could receive a "ben wa" effect. i never commented on your vast knowledge of gap measuring tools.

Hardrock69
07-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Funny, again he claims we are on his imaginary Ignore list, yet he continues to reply with even more inane babble.

Typical Garfuckle.:hee:

Diamondjimi
07-14-2010, 04:36 PM
DullardDimmy, I don't think feeler gauges can help you the way they help us techs sort out height-adjust issues. Ask around cuz you seem to disbelieve everything i state not found on Google.

:lol:

Everything that you post is utter shite, be it from your gas-huffing mind or Google....

jhale667
07-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Owned, checkmate, and thanks.

Wrong, fuck off, post your gear, or GTFO.

Imagining it won't make it so, GARfail. To clarify, since unlike Garfuckle I actually OWN the thing, there is NO CHAPTER on feeler gauges (they are mentioned as a tool every repair shop should have), and even in the Fender SECTION, they do not mention SPARK PLUG feeler gauges.
They're talking about THIS kind, jackass - not the pocket spark plug one you got busking in front of the Van Nuys Auto-Zone:

http://www.stewmac.com/catalog/images_1lg/1811_1lg.jpg

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Nuts,_saddles/Special_tools_for:_Nuts_and_saddles/Feeler_Gauges.html?tab=Details#details

twonabomber
07-14-2010, 07:27 PM
He googled that pic? The SHAME Igloo! Liar, etc etc.. posting as his own etc etc probably doesnt own anything etc etc...

no, you dumb shit, it's his pic. i saw it posted on another site, along with one of his pics i recognized from here.

GAR
07-15-2010, 02:57 AM
I threw that out based on him attacking all the time, it doesnt' matter if its his or not - 'twats a joke!

GAR
07-15-2010, 03:00 AM
To clarify, since unlike Garfuckle I actually OWN the thing

I really don't care what's in it, but asking about a Fender section forced you to read it and check if it did or not?

Making another person off the internet do something in real life based on what you posted, that sounds like an owning to me..

jhale667
07-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Uh, since I've read it already, knew you were full of shit dude - sorry. I did post the link to prove (not like it already hasn't been demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt) you're FULL OF SHIT.

But keep making up those little owning fantasies to amuse yourself. You're the one getting perma-pwned.

Oh yeah, post pics of your gear or GTFO. :fufu:

GAR
07-15-2010, 03:28 AM
In summary, I've proven you need a gap gauge to check your first-fret height distance.

Which the kid has a necessity to check while reducing the nutblock mounting ledge, or he could file too much off without it.

I've also proved Custom Shop uses these for setups, by quoting and providing a link.

The kid asked for "a little help" I don't know what else to offer here, short of an instrucitonal video.

Hardrock69
07-15-2010, 09:08 AM
You have not 'proven' a goddam thing.

The kid asked for help, but not from YOU.

He just wants you to GO THE FUCK AWAY, ASSHOLE! (as everyone else here wishes you would do). :fufu:

jhale667
07-15-2010, 11:16 AM
The kid asked for "a little help"

From anyone BUT you.

Gar, for the last time, go away

Get the hint, asshole.

Igosplut
07-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Same thing I was gonna post...

GAR
07-15-2010, 02:49 PM
'Gloo, let's embrace the differences that make you you, and move on.

That was not a statement of kindness!

Hardrock69
07-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Nor was it meant to be, jackoff. GO AWAY!

GAR
07-16-2010, 03:21 AM
me and my pops put shims under the nut (with carefully cut holes for the screws, can't tell you how many times I cut the whole shim on accident)

You can cut shim strips from a soda can using scissors, and use a paper punch to knock out the two holes for the mounting screws.

Also if your fingerboard is unequally planed, or has a different radius than the nut is made to fit, you can double-over a shim and punch a hole for just one screw, and mount it on the side that's too high.

This trick will lower your action on the half portion of the nut that has no shim.

Don Corleone
07-16-2010, 04:35 AM
Gary; the kids already told you that he's not interested in what you have to say.

Take his hint, along with the hints or everyone else on this board and bugger off.

Igosplut
07-16-2010, 04:45 AM
You can cut shim strips from a soda can using scissors, and use a paper punch to knock out the two holes for the mounting screws.

I'll go the coward one better. I have some brass shim stock that is .005 that I got cleaning out an old machinist's shop. It's easier to cut than soda cans, uniform in thickness, and is made for just such usage. If you want, I'll send you some for nothing.....

VanHalenFan5150
07-16-2010, 12:01 PM
I think my dad might have plenty-- not sure, but he has like everything when it comes to tools and parts and everything...

Thanks though

jhale667
07-16-2010, 12:19 PM
You can cut shims for Floyd nuts out of old/blank credit card stock, too...FYI

The Real GAR
07-16-2010, 02:18 PM

You fucking asshole, you can see it's 3/32 of an inch. Are you blind?

Quit posting shit and give me my account back

The Real GAR
07-16-2010, 02:20 PM
You can cut shims for Floyd nuts out of old/blank credit card stock, too...FYI

I could have told him that if some dick hadn't taken my account

ThrillsNSpills
07-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Lefty's gonna be mad when it finds out.

jhale667
07-16-2010, 02:32 PM
I could have told him that if some dick hadn't taken my account

PROVE you're the "Real" GARfail - POST A PICTURE OF THAT CHARVETTE, ASAP! :biggrin:

:guitar:

ThrillsNSpills
07-16-2010, 02:41 PM
PROVE you're the "Real" GARfail - POST A PICTURE OF THAT CHARVETTE, ASAP! :biggrin:

You figure he would just gargle a picture of one and post it since it's his main posing tool.

chefcraig
07-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Wouldn't it be proven by NOT posting a picture? http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-confused-smileys-718.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

The Real GAR
07-16-2010, 02:48 PM

You know what I've said about pictures of my Gear. How can I make you fuckers believe that I am me.

jhale667
07-16-2010, 03:14 PM
You know what I've said about pictures of my Gear. How can I make you fuckers believe that I am me.

OH - I thought it was the hacker that was the compulsive liar, no-pic posting BITCH. My mistake. :biggrin:

The Real GAR
07-16-2010, 04:13 PM
OH - I thought it was the hacker that was the compulsive liar, no-pic posting BITCH. My mistake. :biggrin:

I've told you my policy of gear pictures. Everyone here know I own a Charvette, I don't need to prove that.

PETE'S BROTHER
07-16-2010, 04:19 PM
I've told you my policy of gear pictures. Everyone here know I own a Charvette, I don't need to prove that.

some guy named gar claims to own one. you too?

The Real GAR
07-16-2010, 05:38 PM
some guy named gar claims to own one. you too?

I am GAR and I don't claim, I do own one. People like to imagine that I don't own the things I claim to

OWDED

Jagermeister
07-16-2010, 05:41 PM
I am GAR and I don't claim, I do own one. People like to imagine that I don't own the things I claim to

OWDED

Work in progress? :umm:

PETE'S BROTHER
07-16-2010, 05:54 PM

OWDED

:hee:

jhale667
07-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Nice pencil bridge-block you've got going there, GARfail. :biggrin:

PETE'S BROTHER
07-16-2010, 06:01 PM

OWDED

how will we know when you get your account back?:umm:

GAR
07-16-2010, 06:57 PM
It used to be a rule here if you impersonate someone, you were banned without question.

- or was that vonnies place?

Igosplut
07-16-2010, 09:25 PM
I think my dad might have plenty-- not sure, but he has like everything when it comes to tools and parts and everything...

Thanks though

It's fairly rare stuff, they haven't had a real use for it for years. But if you find that he doesn't have any, and you need it, just PM me and I'll mail you some.....

jhale667
07-16-2010, 11:33 PM
It used to be a rule here if you impersonate someone, you were banned without question.

http://memegenerator.net/Success-Kid/ImageMacro/898208/SmallThumbnail.jpg

twonabomber
07-16-2010, 11:55 PM

at DDLR, if there was such a rule, it only applied to you. your dopey aliases are easier to pick out than WARF's.

hambon4lif
07-17-2010, 12:05 AM
at DDLR, if there was such a rule, it only applied to you. your dopey aliases are easier to pick out than WARF's.Fuckinay!

The almighty Hitch did that shit too, but at least he always let everyone in on it......Clay did it for no other reason than to be a total asshole....to everyone!

I have to say....I'm really surprised to find this shitstorm in Gear Street. Isn't this where real musicians come to talk shop? WTF is going on here?

jhale667
07-17-2010, 12:43 AM
I have to say....I'm really surprised to find this shitstorm in Gear Street. Isn't this where real musicians come to talk shop? WTF is going on here?

Are you suggesting merging the kid's thread with the general GARfag derail thread? I could see moving part of it, but dumping the whole of it? Doesn't seem fair...

Here's an idea: GARfail - STFU and let the musicians talk...

hambon4lif
07-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Are you suggesting merging the kid's thread with the general GARfag derail thread? I could see moving part of it, but dumping the whole of it? Doesn't seem fair....I absolutely agree with you here.....dumping an entire thread is a terrible idea. The young man was genuinely asking for help, and there is some solid advice given by other people here. I don't see where flushing the entire thread would in any way be a solution.

Being a former DDLR mod, I happen to know that you can extract the nonsense posts from the ones that should be in this thread, and create a spam-chain that you can throw in the toilet. We saw Gar for the fibre-optic yeast infectioon that he is, and whenever we did it, no one thought twice about it.

discard all of the bullshit......

jhale667
07-17-2010, 01:30 AM
I absolutely agree with you here.....dumping an entire thread is a terrible idea. The young man was genuinely asking for help, and there is some solid advice given by other people here. I don't see where flushing the entire thread would in any way be a solution.

Being a former DDLR mod, I happen to know that you can extract the nonsense posts from the ones that should be in this thread, and create a spam-chain that you can throw in the toilet. We saw Gar for the fibre-optic yeast infectioon that he is, and whenever we did it, no one thought twice about it.

discard all of the bullshit......

I hear ya, and we already set up a GAyR dump thread eons ago...may as well make use of it (again). :rolleyes:

GAR
07-17-2010, 02:16 AM
Gentlefolk of the board:

I understand I may be a bit technical at times. Sorry for that.

It is just that I felt Dumb&Dimmi's "use a screwdriver" bit failed to effectively address fine setup approach.

Hardrock69
07-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Go fuck yourself loser. Nobody cares what YOU think, fuckface!

GO THE FUCK AWAY! NOBODY WANTS TO LISTEN TO YOUR FUCKING BULLSHIT!

YOU ARE JUST A FUCKING LOSER WITH THE MENTALITY OF A THIRD-GRADE NAMBLA PET!

Hardrock69
07-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Fuckinay!

The almighty Hitch did that shit too, but at least he always let everyone in on it......Clay did it for no other reason than to be a total asshole....to everyone!

Garfuckle will not shut up. THAT is what is going on here, unfortunately.

It is impossible for anyone to post in the Gear Street forum, much less to ask for advice, without Garfuckle trolling the thread. Despite the fact nobody wants to hear from him ever again, he cannot stop himself from posting unwanted advice.

That is what happens when you are a retard with a superiority complex. :umm:

jhale667
07-17-2010, 09:43 PM
I understand I may be a bit technical at times.

Get the fuck over yourself.
You couldn't be over anyone's head here if you were on a step-ladder (and you probably have to use one to reach the keyboard on the computer at the library anyway), Tinytubby Googlebitch.

Nitro Express
07-18-2010, 01:25 AM
I'll post a tease of my socket drawer to start, this was from a few years ago and it has MORE in it now......

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/Igosplut/Toolbox005.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/Igosplut/Toolbox006.jpg
I'm enviouse. Look at all of those and how organized it is. I bet Gar has a plastic tackle box with a broken handle full of dollar store quality sockets and drivers.

Nitro Express
07-18-2010, 01:35 AM
The claw screws adjust the spring tension and balance the sping tension and the string tension. The pivot screw adjust the height of the bridge just like the thumb wheels on a Les Paul bridge do. Where it get's complicated is the angle of the string to the neck. I wouldn't mess with the frets or the nut if they were fine before. Lower the bridge and if necessary tweek the spring tension so your bridge plate is parallel to the guitar body. Sometimes you need to shim the neck with a pick or a matchbook cover. Hey, those feeler guage blades would even work. My 72 Strat has a little screw that you can adjust the neck angle with. raising the neck in the neck pocket just a tad can really make a difference because it raises the neck to the strings and lowers the action.

GAR
07-18-2010, 02:18 AM
I'm enviouse. Look at all of those and how organized it is. I bet Gar has a plastic tackle box with a broken handle full of dollar store quality sockets and drivers.

CORRECT! My benches are a disaster, sockets filthed in oil and grease due to use.

Now, I'm not saying Igloo doesn't use his stuff, but if it's about a toolstore pissing contest I haven't met anyone yet who could out-stream me in that regard.

GAR
07-18-2010, 02:23 AM
My 72 Strat has a little screw that you can adjust the neck angle with. raising the neck in the neck pocket just a tad can really make a difference because it raises the neck to the strings and lowers the action.

I still believe the 3 bolt is superior to the 4 bolt, but it's a more complex setup geometry to understand.

I've seen many 3-bolts wrecked unnecessarily in a 4-bolt conversion bid to stabilize the pocket, and actually making things worse due to heavy paint buildup that was par for the course back in the CBS-era.

Igosplut
07-18-2010, 04:00 AM

Try this drawer.....

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/Igosplut/Toolbox002.jpg

jhale667
07-18-2010, 04:04 AM
if it's about a toolstore pissing contest I haven't met anyone yet who could out-stream me in that regard.

Care to retract that statement now, coward? :hee:

GAR
07-18-2010, 04:51 AM
Wait! There's MORE.. act now, and Igloo will ALSO include, Drawer number 3?

(gee I thought wrench was spelled "s n a p o n" not "s h i n e y" wtf's up with that..)

Igosplut
07-18-2010, 04:58 AM
Wait! There's MORE.. act now, and Igloo will ALSO include, Drawer number 3?

(gee I thought wrench was spelled "s n a p o n" not "s h i n e y" wtf's up with that..)

That's "Sunex" you stupid fuck. Those have been mostly replace as I said these pictures are a few years old. But I know your stuff FAR superior that this garbage, so why bother commenting on us poor folk???

Blaze
07-18-2010, 05:02 AM
Igo! WH? Are you really defending the brand name of your tools to GAR?
:biggrin:

GAR
07-18-2010, 05:04 AM
Its a guy thing, you wouldn't understand..

Blaze
07-18-2010, 05:08 AM

as opposed to cardboard box brand tools....
Oh, I get it, Garfail.

But it is rather like when a person walking says that Porsche has nothing but a VW engine.

Igosplut
07-18-2010, 05:12 AM
Igo! WH? Are you really defending the brand name of your tools to GAR?
:biggrin:

Naw, I don't have to defend a thing to him. All we do is post stuff we have, and all he does is post negative comments, and tell us he has better.

Or should I say he IMAGINES he has better, so it's true (at least to him)....

Blaze
07-18-2010, 05:14 AM
For real!
Got to admit, it was pretty funny when I saw you defending the brand name to GarFail.
He got ya on that one. You must not have had enough coffee yet. :biggrin:

Igosplut
07-18-2010, 05:19 AM
For real!
Got to admit, it was pretty funny when I saw you defending the brand name to GarFail.
He got ya on that one. You must not have had enough coffee yet. :biggrin:

When wrenches get that big in size, they (SO) cost 150.00 plus. The Sunex was a stop-gap, no shame in that..

Blaze
07-18-2010, 05:23 AM
Try this drawer.....

Oh good God! I hadn't looked on page 3 this morning that is freaking awesome!
Just wow. :wow:

I loathe checking my oil, but that makes me want to learn how to rebuild a jet engine. :happy45:

jhale667
07-18-2010, 05:24 AM
Who could've imagined the shit-stain who attempts to bust on people for polishing their guitars would also have and issue with someone who maintains their tools, y'know? Probably has a problem with bathing regularly, too... :biggrin:

GARfail: Pathetic, short, fat, bald, no-equipment owning, superiority-complex-having, dirty, smelly, perpetually pwned P.O.S.. :lmao:

Blaze
07-18-2010, 05:27 AM
When wrenches get that big in size, they (SO) cost 150.00 plus. The Sunex was a stop-gap, no shame in that..

Oh, I know the cost. I have been on the purchasing end of industrial projects.
Never functionally owned any though.
Though long ago I did have one that took two hands to hold.
I found it on the beach.

Don Corleone
07-18-2010, 08:46 AM

Neither would you Gary.

Don Corleone
07-18-2010, 08:51 AM
CORRECT! My benches are a disaster, sockets filthed in oil and grease due to use.

Now, I'm not saying Igloo doesn't use his stuff, but if it's about a toolstore pissing contest I haven't met anyone yet who could out-stream me in that regard.

Then prove it Gary - substantiate your claim; show some proof.

To date all you’ve managed prove to anyone is that you’re a coward and liar.

Nickdfresh
07-18-2010, 10:09 AM
I still believe the 3 bolt is superior to the 4 bolt, but it's a more complex setup geometry to understand.

I've seen many 3-bolts wrecked unnecessarily in a 4-bolt conversion bid to stabilize the pocket, and actually making things worse due to heavy paint buildup that was par for the course back in the CBS-era.

That's grate. Can you give me some advice on how to properly mop a floor? What's better? Pine Sol or some other brand?

kwame k
07-18-2010, 12:02 PM
That's grate. Can you give me some advice on how to properly mop a floor? What's better? Pine Sol or some other brand?

........more so, what's the best bathroom cleaner out there or is it better to just use a bleach and water mixture! Do us a favor and share your vast knowledge :)

GAR
07-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Who could've imagined ..would also have and issue with someone who maintains their tools

Ever heard of "barbershop floor-effect"? The implication is with everything so neat and perfectly displayed, you spend more time organizing than using.

GAR
07-18-2010, 06:16 PM

Zep rules! You can even use that hairpiece with it.

/owned

GAR
07-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Though long ago I did have one that took two hands to hold.
I found it on the beach.

You've been reading too much Xaviera Hollander (http://www.xavierahollander.com/)

Blaze
07-18-2010, 06:23 PM
You've been reading too much Xaviera Hollander (http://www.xavierahollander.com/)
I do not know what the fuck that is..........
However, I think it is time for you to be handled in the most efficient way.
The same way Sackdikki is handled.
When you post, nothing more than a

Shut the fuck up, Gar.

is needed.

Blaze
07-18-2010, 06:25 PM

Shut the fuck up, Gar.

jhale667
07-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Then prove it Gary - substantiate your claim; show some proof.

To date all you’ve managed prove to anyone is that you’re a coward and liar.

Ah, but he's also proven he's SO useless and stupid that any job his convict ass could get in the first place would be (and is) better filled by an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT, let's not forget... :lmao:

Nickdfresh
07-19-2010, 10:34 PM
Zep rules! You can even use that hairpiece with it.

/owned

So, you can use your Clay Aiken spikey fag-doo to sop up the floor?

jhale667
07-19-2010, 11:01 PM
So, you can use your Clay Aiken spikey fag-doo to sop up the floor?

Not unless it's in his crybaby thread, he can't. ;)

Hardrock69
07-19-2010, 11:46 PM

Nitro Express
07-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Try this drawer.....

Tool porn! Damn!

Nitro Express
07-20-2010, 11:52 PM
What? No shots of Gar's tools? I guess you only need imaginary tools to fix imaginary guitars.

Igosplut
07-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Ever heard of "barbershop floor-effect"? The implication is with everything so neat and perfectly displayed, you spend more time organizing than using.

True....they'd be much easier to use if I just threw them into a pile instead of keeping them like that....Not to mention seeing when one's missing...

GAR
07-22-2010, 05:15 AM
To be fair my shit's Husky Craftsman sockets and ratchets, but I do have one decent 3/8 and 1/2 ratchet can't remember brand.

The fancy box has me beat in the automotive dept, but then again I'm sure I have tools and equipment he doesn't beyond this..

It's not about the brand for me really, it's that I destroy what I have so I don't put money into things I'd drop at pickapart or have roll out in the street or get lost some other way.

Hardrock69
07-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Sure. Right.

Who the fuck cares what is in your imaginary tool box? You ARE a fucking tool, loser! A rusty, no-brand one at that!

jhale667
07-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Not going to dump this post (yet) - but Fair Warning - this is not turning back into a pissing match about tool collections.

indeedido
07-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Yes it is

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/indeedido/toolbox.jpg

Hardrock69
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Once again...Garfuckle derails a thread. Ban that asshole from the gear forum.

Nitro Express
07-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Sure. Right.

Who the fuck cares what is in your imaginary tool box? You ARE a fucking tool, loser! A rusty, no-brand one at that!

If I had an imaginary tool box I would at least go with a decent brand of sockets. Ever use a Craftsman socket driver? Rough as shit and lots of slop. Their sockets aren't too bad. But man, If you are living in a fantasy world let's not cut corners. Let's dream about Mac, Snap-On, or those expensive German Stahlwell sockets. I bet Gar focuses on ugly women or men when he masturbates as well.

chefcraig
07-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Ever use a Craftsman socket driver? Rough as shit and lots of slop. Their sockets aren't too bad. But man, If you are living in a fantasy world let's not cut corners. Let's dream about Mac, Snap-On, or those expensive German Stahlwell sockets.

You are so right, and things have just gotten worse since the merger with KMART. In the nineties however, the Craftsman line was pretty damned good, and it was a Godsend to have a Sears card back then, as I worked construction and was always needing this or that. The lifetime guarantee was pretty swell too, until a bunch of dipshits started abusing it, returning their tin snips every three weeks when they became dull. As a result, Craftsmen snips went away, to be replaced by the standard type available everywhere else. And things are just awful there now. Try using a 30 ft. tape bought from Sears on the job. Seriously, you'll slice your fingers off as it returns, and as of last month, Craftsman stopped guaranteeing those as well. Craftsman Drops Tape Measure Warranty (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23978170/detail.html)

Hardrock69
07-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Man. That Craftsman warranty was the shit. Well, this is a fucking disposable society we live in. Too bad we can't throw Garfuckle in the dumpster.....wait...he already spends half the day in dumpsters scrounging for food....

GAR
07-22-2010, 09:09 PM
I bet Gar focuses on ugly women or men when he masturbates as well.

I guess if one has real-life ugly women and men masturbating ones' self, one may tend to project such issues ALOT... why would you say such a thing - that's doggone VILE!

LEFTY is Gar's Bitch
07-22-2010, 10:16 PM
stop the lying gary and pay me my fuckn money you owe me.

Hardrock69
07-23-2010, 01:27 AM
YEAH PAY HIM HIS MONEY!

You TOLD him you would pay him $200 if he let you suck his wee-wee!

SO PAY UP MOTHERFUCKER! :mad:

Nitro Express
07-23-2010, 03:20 AM
You are so right, and things have just gotten worse since the merger with KMART. In the nineties however, the Craftsman line was pretty damned good, and it was a Godsend to have a Sears card back then, as I worked construction and was always needing this or that. The lifetime guarantee was pretty swell too, until a bunch of dipshits started abusing it, returning their tin snips every three weeks when they became dull. As a result, Craftsmen snips went away, to be replaced by the standard type available everywhere else. And things are just awful there now. Try using a 30 ft. tape bought from Sears on the job. Seriously, you'll slice your fingers off as it returns, and as of last month, Craftsman stopped guaranteeing those as well. Craftsman Drops Tape Measure Warranty (http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23978170/detail.html)

Years ago when I worked in a cabinet shop everyone bought Craftsman tape measures because we used them so much we wore the things out and you only bought the first one. Now they are all over you to buy an extended warranty on everything they sell there. To be honest, I haven't set foot in a Sears store for years.