PDA

View Full Version : Thug Life in tha' DOJ

hambon4lif
07-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Former Justice Department Lawyer Accuses Holder of Dropping New Black Panther Case for Racial Reasons

A former Justice Department attorney who quit his job to protest the Obama administration's handling of the New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case is accusing Attorney General Eric Holder of dropping the charges for racially motivated reasons.

J. Christian Adams, now an attorney in Virginia and a conservative blogger, says he and the other Justice Department lawyers working on the case were ordered to dismiss it.

"I mean we were told, 'Drop the charges against the New Black Panther Party,'" Adams told Fox News, adding that political appointees Loretta King, acting head of the civil rights division, and Steve Rosenbaum, an attorney with the division since 2003, ordered the dismissal.

Asked about the Justice Department's claim that they are career attorneys, not political appointees, Adams said "obviously, that's false."

"Under the vacancy reform act, they were serving in a political capacity," he said. "This is one of the examples of Congress not being told the truth, the American people not being told the truth about this case. It's one of the other examples in this case where the truth simply is becoming another victim of the process."

Adams claimed an unnamed political appointee said if somebody wants to bring these kinds of cases, "that' not going to de done out of the civil rights division."

Adams also accused Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez of lying under oath to Congress about the circumstances surrounding the decision to drop the probe.

The Justice Department has defended its move to drop the case, saying it obtained an injunction against one member to keep him away from polling stations while dismissing charges against the others "based on a careful assessment of the facts and the law."

But Adams told Fox News that politics and race was at play in the dismissal.

"There is a pervasive hostility within the civil rights division at the Justice Department toward these sorts of cases," Adams told Fox News' Megyn Kelly.

Adams says the dismissal is a symptom of the Obama administration's reverse racism and that the Justice Department will not pursue voting rights cases against white victims.

"In voting, that will be the case over the next few years, there's no doubt about it," he said.

In an opinion article published in the Washington Times last week, Adams said the dismissal "raises serious questions about the department's enforcement neutrality in upcoming midterm elections and the subsequent 2012 presidential election."

Justice Department spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler dismissed Adams' accusations as a "good faith disagreement" with ulterior motives.

"It is not uncommon for attorneys within the department to have good faith disagreements about the appropriate course of action in a particular case, although it is regrettable when a former department attorney distorts the facts and makes baseless allegations to promote his or her agenda," she said in a written statement.

In the final days of the Bush administration, three Black Panthers -- Minister King Samir Shabazz, Malik Zulu Shabazz and Jerry Jackson -- were charged in a civil complaint with violating the Voter Rights Act in November 2008 by using coercion, threats and intimidation at a Philadelphia polling station -- with Shabazz brandishing what prosecutors called a deadly weapon.

The Obama administration won a default judgment in federal court in April 2009 when the Black Panthers didn't appear in court to fight the charges. But the administration moved to dismiss the charges in May 2009. Justice attorneys said a criminal complaint, which resulted in the injunction, proceeded successfully.

The department "is committed to comprehensive and vigorous enforcement of both the civil and criminal provisions of federal law that prohibit voter intimidation. We continue to work with voters, communities, and local law enforcement to ensure that every American can vote free from intimidation, coercion or threats," Schmaler said Wednesday.

But the Justice Department's explanation has failed to appease the United States Commission on Civil Rights, which is probing the department's decision, or Republican lawmakers who say the dismissal could lead to an escalation of voter intimidation.

The commission held a hearing in April in which Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va., who has led the charge for answers from the Justice Department, was among those testifying. The Justice Department did not provide witnesses at that hearing. Instead, Perez testified before the commission in May.

"At a minimum, without sufficient proof that New Black Panther Party or Malik Zulu Shabazz directed or controlled unlawful activities at the polls, or made speeches directed to immediately inciting or producing lawless action on Election Day, any attempt to bring suit against those parties based merely upon their alleged 'approval' or 'endorsement' of Minister King Samir Shabazz and Jackson’s activities would have likely failed," he told the commission.

The commission has repeatedly sought information from the Justice Department, going as far as filing subpoenas. Schmaler said the department has provided 2,000 pages of information in response.

But Adams said in the Times article that the department ordered the attorneys "to ignore the subpoena, lawlessly placing us in an unacceptably legal limbo."

Adams also says that after the dismissal, Justice Department attorneys were instructed not to bring any more cases against racial minorities under the Voting Section.

Adams told Fox News that the New Black Panther case was the "easiest I ever had at the Justice Department.

"It doesn't get any easier than this," he said. "If this doesn't constitute voter intimidation, nothing will."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/30/justice-dept-lawyer-accuses-holder-dropping-new-black-panther-case-political/

hambon4lif
07-14-2010, 04:34 PM
King Samir Shabazz: Above The Law

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oBhzJnJIilI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oBhzJnJIilI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

....what a guy!:baaa:

Blaze
07-14-2010, 05:13 PM
Explain what is going on?
Some voter intimidation or something?
Black supremacist is not anything new
And is not different that white supremacist.
A separatist is a whole other animal.

He did not do anything more than the funeral trolls do.
Though, however, I do think perhaps one should not be able to display or say publicly words designed to curse or be profane.

Nickdfresh
07-14-2010, 06:22 PM
I wonder what a "conservative activist" would have thought of "voter intimidation" during the 2000 and 2004 campaigns?

hambon4lif
07-14-2010, 06:54 PM
I wonder what a "conservative activist" would have thought of "voter intimidation" during the 2000 and 2004 campaigns?Was there any?

During the 2004 election, I don't seem to recall the KKK, the Aaryan Brotherhood, or any other piece of trash hate group standing in front of polling places intimidating people into voting for Bush. (I can't recall anyone even voting for Bush in 2004 for that matter). And even if there were, it's every bit as wrong, and 2 wrongs don't make a right....no matter how you look at it.

As far as what a "conservative activist" would think, you should find one and ask 'em...and while you're at it, ask the DOJ how that would've been handled.

Nickdfresh
07-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Was there any?

According to some, there was everything from voter role purging in 2000 to the FBI raiding a polling station in the pivotal state of Ohio during '04 to poll workers making it difficult for voters to vote to accusations of DIEBOLD autovote changing and the ease to hack the machines...

But far be it for FOX News to bother talking much about the above. They'd rather give free media access and press time to nostalgic bullshit artists wearing black berets in order to stir the fear and outrage of white America (their viewers)...

During the 2004 election, I don't seem to recall the KKK, the Aaryan Brotherhood, or any other piece of trash hate group standing in front of polling places intimidating people into voting for Bush. (I can't recall anyone even voting for Bush in 2004 for that matter). And even if there were, it's every bit as wrong, and 2 wrongs don't make a right....no matter how you look at it.

Isn't it sort of hard to intimidate people with the advent of secret balloting?

As far as what a "conservative activist" would think, you should find one and ask 'em...and while you're at it, ask the DOJ how that would've been handled.

He's a self-anointed blogger whose making unsubstantiated claims. Maybe you should go to his blog and support him?

Nickdfresh
07-14-2010, 10:38 PM
...and Steve Rosenbaum, an attorney with the division since 2003, ordered the dismissal.

Asked about the Justice Department's claim that they are career attorneys, not political appointees, Adams said "obviously, that's false."

So a Bush Admin appointee is a "political" one? Oh, okay...

hambon4lif
07-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Nick....I could really care less what you dig up to refute these claims. It disappoints me that you're even trying to do so.

The evidence is right there in your face for you to see. While I agree with you as far as the credibility FOX has, this is one of the biggest news stories of the day, and they're the only ones covering it. The liberal media doesn't dare go near it, and treats this like an AIDS-infested hooker.

Mel Gibson freaks out on his wife??...I DON'T CARE!
Poor Lindsay's going to jail for a few days??....I DON'T CARE!
LeBron James is leaving one team for the other?....I DON'T FUCKING CARE!
Neither one of these things affect my life (or anyone elses) one way or the fucking other!
......that's your play-it-safe liberal media...with their dick stuck balls-deep into the minds of all these people who are being manipulated into believing that kind of shit is important....or even matters!
To be honest, I'd love to dance through CandyLand thinking those things make one fuck of a difference.

This does, and you can't even look at it square in the eye and see it for what it is, not without digging up other shit in an attempt to justify it......and that's just fucking sad!
The saving grace is, that the closer we get to November.....you, and everyone else that doesn't think this matters, will see how bad, and dirty it's going to get. And the consequences of letting this kind of injustice happen will be severe.

Letting shit like this just slide just makes things worse.......and I can only hope that you're not too busy drumming up excuses in order to see that.

hambon4lif
07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Team Obama Turns Blind Eye to Voter Intimidation
By Deroy Murdock

Voters at a precinct on Philadelphia's Fairmont Street witnessed unusual sights and sounds on Election Day Nov. 4, 2008. Two members of the New Black Panther Party, King Samir Shabazz and Jerry Jackson, stood within 15 feet of this polling station dressed in military-style black jackets, black berets and black combat boots. King Samir Shabazz wielded a 2-foot-long night stick.

"Cracker, you are about to be ruled by a black man," one of the New Black Panthers told a white voter. They taunted others as "white devils." A black couple who served as Republican poll watchers said they felt endangered when the Panthers called them "race traitors".

At an April 23, 2010, Civil Rights Commission hearing, Chris Hill, an eyewitness, explained under oath that he spoke with the male Republican poll watcher inside the precinct. "He was definitely shook up," Mr. Hill testified. "And he told me that he was called a race traitor by [King Samir Shabazz] and that he was threatened if he stepped outside of the building, there would be hell to pay."

Surely the Obama administration prosecuted King Samir Shabazz and Mr. Jackson for voter intimidation.

Wrong.

When the administration ignored late-term George W. Bush administration charges of Voting Rights Act violations, Federal District Judge Stewart Dalzell in Philadelphia issued a default ruling against King Samir Shabazz, Mr. Jackson, the New Black Panther Party and its chairman, Malik Zulu Shabazz (no relation to King Samir Shabazz). Although career federal prosecutors won this case (arguing, among other things, "There is never a good reason to bring a billy club to a polling station") they were overruled by political appointees in President Obama's Justice Department who ordered them to dismiss the complaints against all parties except King Samir Shabazz. He was ordered not to exhibit a weapon within 100 feet of a Philadelphia precinct through Nov. 15, 2012. Pittsburgh seems fair game.

The May 15, 2009, case dismissal was timed perfectly for Jerry Jackson. During the 2008 incident, he was an elected member of Philadelphia's 14th Ward Democratic Committee and a credentialed poll watcher for the Democratic Party and the Obama campaign. With the federal case safely behind him, Mr. Jackson watched the polls again in municipal elections on May 19, 2009.

This situation is even more outrageous, given the unvarnished bigotry of those involved.

* "You want freedom, you gonna have to kill some crackers," King Samir Shabazz says on a National Geographic/You Tube video. "You gonna have to kill some of they [sic] babies."

* "F*** Whitey's Christmas," read a message on Jerry Jackson's MySpace page, until it was whitewashed once Kerry Picket uncovered it in the July 30, 2009, Washington Times. "BLACK UNITY, BLACK MINDS, KILLIN CRAKKKAS," stated Mr. Jackson's webpage.

* The leftish Southern Poverty Law Center calls NBPP "a hate group based on the anti-white, anti-gay, and anti-Semitic views its leaders have repeatedly expressed."

Why would the supposedly ethnically transcendent Obama administration distribute free passes to the black equivalent of Ku Klux Klansmen? Blame power lust and unequal justice under law.

J. Christian Adams, until recently a career attorney in the Voting Section of the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, testified under oath on July 6 about an increasingly radical Justice Department before the U.S. Civil Rights Commission.

* According to Mr. Adams, Deputy Assistant Attorney General Julie Fernandes last November instructed prosecutors on the "motor voter" law that governs voter registration. Regarding that statute's Section 8 - which requires that local officials purge their rolls of relocated, ineligible and dead voters - Mr. Adams recalls hearing Ms. Fernandes, an Obama political appointee, say: "We have no interest in enforcing this provision of the law. It has nothing to do with increasing turnout, and we are just not going to do it." Such lawlessness, of course, invites ACORN-style vote fraud.

* Mr. Adams also testified: "I was told by Voting Section management that cases are not going to be brought against black defendants [for] the benefit of white victims."

Mr. Adams, who resigned from Justice in protest on June 1, encapsulated the Obama administration's moral bankruptcy in this case: "We abetted wrongdoers and abandoned law-abiding citizens."

Nickdfresh
07-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Nick....I could really care less what you dig up to refute these claims. It disappoints me that you're even trying to do so.

The evidence is right there in your face for you to see. While I agree with you as far as the credibility FOX has, this is one of the biggest news stories of the day, and they're the only ones covering it. The liberal media doesn't dare go near it, and treats this like an AIDS-infested hooker.

Mel Gibson freaks out on his wife??...I DON'T CARE!
Poor Lindsay's going to jail for a few days??....I DON'T CARE!
LeBron James is leaving one team for the other?....I DON'T FUCKING CARE!
Neither one of these things affect my life (or anyone elses) one way or the fucking other!
......that's your play-it-safe liberal media...with their dick stuck balls-deep into the minds of all these people who are being manipulated into believing that kind of shit is important....or even matters!
To be honest, I'd love to dance through CandyLand thinking those things make one fuck of a difference.

This does, and you can't even look at it square in the eye and see it for what it is, not without digging up other shit in an attempt to justify it......and that's just fucking sad!
The saving grace is, that the closer we get to November.....you, and everyone else that doesn't think this matters, will see how bad, and dirty it's going to get. And the consequences of letting this kind of injustice happen will be severe.

Letting shit like this just slide just makes things worse.......and I can only hope that you're not too busy drumming up excuses in order to see that.

I don't totally disagree with the above rant. The problem I have is the contention that somehow the "media" is giving a pass to some black Panther thugs. In fact, you can see Ford making the very same contentions--that the media was giving a pass to the whole DIEBOLD (auto) vote machines and some of the other fringe events that took place on election day in 2004. Secondly, as for the Black Panther jackoffs "intimidating voters," you're going to have a pretty big mountain to climb actually trying to prove that...

hambon4lif
07-16-2010, 02:20 PM
as for the Black Panther jackoffs "intimidating voters," you're going to have a pretty big mountain to climb actually trying to prove that...Actually, it's an uphill battle just to get to the truth. It's even hard to find an unbiased account of what went down because of the nature of this case.....peoples emotions take over and send them one way or the other.

Doing my homework has led to some interesting finds......

http://www.blackpanther.org/newsalert.htm

There Is No New Black Panther Party:
An Open Letter From the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation

In response from numerous requests from individual's seeking information on the "New Black Panthers," the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation issues this public statement to correct the distorted record being made in the media by a small band of African Americans calling themselves the New Black Panthers. As guardian of the true history of the Black Panther Party, the Foundation, which includes former leading members of the Party, denounces this group's exploitation of the Party's name and history. Failing to find its own legitimacy in the black community, this band would graft the Party's name upon itself, which we condemn.

Firstly, the people in the New Black Panthers were never members of the Black Panther Party and have no legitimate claim on the Party's name. On the contrary, they would steal the names and pretend to walk in the footsteps of the Party's true heroes, such as Black Panther founder Huey P. Newton, George Jackson and Jonathan Jackson, Bunchy Carter, John Huggins, Fred Hampton, Mark Cark, and so many others who gave their very lives to the black liberation struggle under the Party's banner.

Secondly, they denigrate the Party's name by promoting concepts absolutely counter to the revolutionary principles on which the Party was founded. Their alleged media assault on the Ku Klux Klan serves to incite hatred rather than resolve it. The Party's fundamental principle, as best articulated by the great revolutionary Ernesto "Che" Guevara, was: "A true revolutionary is guided by great feelings of love." The Black Panthers were never a group of angry young militants full of fury toward the "white establishment." The Party operated on love for black people, not hatred of white people.

Furthermore, this group claims it would "teach" the black community about armed self-defense. The arrogance of this claim is overwhelmed by its reactionary nature. Blacks, especially in the South, have been armed in self-defense for a very long time; indeed, the spiritual parent of the Party itself was the Louisiana-based Deacons for Defense. However, the Party understood that the gun was not necessarily revolutionary, for the police and all other oppressive forces had guns. It was the ideology behind the gun that determined its nature.

Because the Party believed that only the masses of people would make the revolution, the Party never presumed itself to be above the people. The Party considered itself a servant of the people and taught by example. Given massive black hunger, the Party provided free breakfast for children and other free food programs. In the absence of decent medical facilities in the black community, the Party operated free medical clinics. In the face of police brutality, the Party stood up and resisted. Considering the overwhelming number of blacks facing trials and long prison terms, the Party developed free legal aids and bussing-to-prison programs.

The question the Foundation raises, then, is who are these people laying claim to the Party's history and name? Are they reactionary provocateurs, who would instigate activities counterproductive to the people's interests, causing mayhem and death? Are they entertainers, who would posture themselves before the media, and, according to numerous sources, with empty guns, to spin gold for themselves? Are they, given the history of their late-leader Khalid Muhammad, a group of anti-Semites like the very Ku Klux Klan they allegedly oppose? What is their agenda?
Conditions for blacks in America today are worse than when the Black Panther Party was formed in 1966. Blacks in the main continue to live in poverty; disproportionate percentages of blacks die from AIDS and cancer, as the black infant mortality rate continues to be double that of whites. There is a desperate need for liberation agenda. The Black Panther Party unarguably set the example, espousing principles and a history that certainly should be embraced by all those still struggling for freedom. Rather than appropriating the Party's name, however, groups that purport to represent African Americans ought to follow the Party's true historical example. In the absence of such commitment, the Foundation denounces the usurpation of the Black Panther Party name by this questionable band of self-appointed leaders.

GAR
07-16-2010, 05:53 PM
This administration is a joke!

Add suing Arizona for SB1070's usurping Federal lack of responsibility to perform their role as "to provide for the COMMON DEFENSE."

hambon4lif
07-16-2010, 11:52 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h19ETFNCvD4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h19ETFNCvD4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>