PDA

View Full Version : 'Inception' - with Leonardo Dicaprio - A Review

Hardrock69
07-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Discuss.... :hee:

If you thought 'The Matrix' was deep in it's subject matter, this film makes The Matrix look like a lot of crude scribbling with a crayon on a crumpled up piece of old cardboard.

VERY deep, extremely well written, acted, directed, etc., with cool visual FX and some brilliant action sequences that are highly original in scope.
A VERY intelligent screenplay.

If this thing is not nominated for some Oscars, the Academy should be dismantled and thrown in a dumpster.

I highly recommend it to everyone who has a brain, and wants it to be exercised when attending a motion picture event of the very highest caliber.

Saw it this evening, and walked out of the theater not believing what I had just witnessed.

Life is but a dream....

jhale667
07-18-2010, 04:25 AM
Totally interested to see this. :baaa:

GAR
07-18-2010, 04:57 AM
If this thing is not nominated for some Oscars, the Academy should be dismantled and thrown in a dumpster.

You said that about "Avatar" didn't you?

Blaze
07-18-2010, 06:32 PM

Shut the fuck up, Gar.

Mushroom
07-19-2010, 02:34 PM

LOL. I'm glad I did not waste my time watching that overhyped excercise of james cameron's bowel function.

Hardrock69
07-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Avatar WAS nominated for some Oscars (NOT for Best Screenplay), and I meant for best visual FX anyway, so SHUT THE FUCK UP, GARFUCKLE!

Hardrock69
08-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Hans Zimmer did the soundtrack to The Gladiator as well. He is an incredible composer with an incredible track record.

Full Bug
08-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanx for the reviews, was thinking of going to see this tomorrow, now I know I will.....

Hardrock69
08-13-2010, 08:43 AM
Only one thing I have a problem with. I can understand posting bootlegs of stuff that will never be released officially, but posting a commercial release of the soundtrack of a movie could get us into copyright trouble.
Sarge would hate to get any flack from the RIAA, even as we here at the Roth Army regularly trash them for their Nazi Gestapo tactics.

Mods might want to edit the above post. As much as I dig Hans Zimmer, and the movie, if I were to post this, I would at least put it in the secret bootleg forum. Not out in the open.

Blaze
08-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Hardrock, you could be right.
Russia is one of the places that is known for hosting the servers of copyright infringement.
And that guy, though cool name and picture, has only one post and it is an bootleg of known commercial work
Smells like a set up, or at least a spam.

Hardrock69
08-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Reported the post.

Hardrock69
04-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Fucking hell.

I bought the DVD of Inception yesterday at a used bookstore for 13 dollars. Anything to save money these days.

That said, watching it the second time around was no different. What a POWERFUL movie. At the end of the film I was sitting there thinking: I can't believe they did it.
Of course, with the ending as it is, you cannot be sure they succeeded, but that was like one final twist in an otherwise mind-wrenching film.

Couple of things about the DVD......firstly, and this is more about the film, it was difficult to understand Ken Watanabe's dialogue. Not his fault, I am sure he was doing the best he could with English as his second language, but I could only really grasp about half of what he said, just barely enough to understand what he was getting at.

Now....the DVD comes with a few extras, but perhaps with the expanded DVDs they come up with these days, I have become jaded and I expect more. A little documentary about 10 minutes long about the concept and how the director came up with it, then 3 other shorter mini-documentaries about some of the speshul effex.....

A film of this magnitude should have a documentary about the making of this film that is at least an hour long.....with interviews with all of the actors and stuff. They did briefly interview Leonardo DiCaprio, and some of the principal people like Production Designer, etc., but this movie is too original, unique, and deep to not have a lengthy documentary about it. There is a 3-disc set that can be bought that has Blu-Ray, DVD and Digital Download version, but even so....there should at least be a 2-disc DVD, with the second disc being for all the extras....Warner Bros. fucked up big time on this.

I am going to get the score by Hans Zimmer. What a powerful piece of music, which ramps the excitement level up to fever pitch at the very end of the film.....a musical masterpiece...

Just had to post again about this after seeing it a second time. I hope to god there is no talk of a sequel EVER. This movie needs to stand on it's own as the incredible piece of art that it is....

VAiN
04-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Damn, I need to get on the ball and see this fucking movie... I've only heard good things about it!

Hardrock69
04-25-2011, 02:31 AM
Be sure you pay strict attention. You have to follow the dialogue like a hawk, point A to point B to point C, or you will get lost and have to rewind or watch the film again.

But well worth it.

It is 2 hours and 20 minutes, and the first half of it is setting up the second half, but once it gets to the main part of the movie, the intensity continues to ramp up and up and up to the very end.....

ashstralia
04-25-2011, 02:41 AM
yeah, i think i'll buy a copy too. out of interest [and couldn't be bothered searching] what did you guys think of 'shutter island'? i thought it was pretty cool... loved the location.

Hardrock69
04-25-2011, 08:56 AM
I have not seen it yet. I am soooo behind on movies....