PDA

View Full Version : Ozzy And Iommi Issue Statement About Sabbath Trademark

kissfan1976
07-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Ozzy Osbourne and Tony Iommi have issued a joint statement on the recent resolution of their dispute over the Black Sabbath trademark.
Ozzy had sued Iommi claiming that the guitarist had no right to register the band’s trademark, and demanding 50 per cent of the earnings from this.

Now the pair has said:

“Ozzy Osbourne and Tony Iommi of the legendary heavy metal band Black Sabbath have amicably resolved their problems over the ownership of the Black Sabbath name and court proceedings in New York have been discontinued. Both parties are glad to put this behind them and to cooperate together for the future and would like it to be known that the issue was never personal, it was always business.”

Whether this public smoothing-over of the problem is a prelude to a much-rumoured reunion of the original Black Sabbath line-up remains to be seen. Right now, nobody concerned is ruling it out.

GAR
07-20-2010, 04:29 PM
I think it pretty clearly means a reunion!

indeedido
07-20-2010, 04:45 PM
I suspect the loss of Dio had something to do with it. Knowing that the only version of Sabbath that could go on would be w/ Oz

atomicpunk5151
07-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Iommi may be waiting a while for a reunion.

Sharon is going to have Oz out on the road for the next year or 2 to promote "Scream".

GAR
07-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Why would she do that? It's a fan-fluffer.

It used to be post-RR that you'd get at least a couple interesting numbers on a release. At least with Iommi you got the feeling alot of time and work had been put into ANY Sabbath releases.

Today's Ozzy records have no feeling, they aren't entertaining and I'd rather listen to Oprah Winfrey than a new Ozzy disc.

Iommi never fails to deliver the riffs. I hope Ozzy suspends any further Scream bullshit, his current new young guy doesn't inspire.

Mr. Vengeance
07-20-2010, 07:59 PM
It's time for both Sabbath and Ozzy to hang 'em up. Ozzy has been a shadow of himself for years, and with Dio gone, Sabbath should also call it a day. They won't make any new music together than will be any good, because Ozzy is shot. I have no interest in any other vocalist for Sab.

Sometimes, as great as you were, it's just time to let it go.

Terry
07-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Would agree Dio dying probably has more than a little to do with it, seeing as short of Ozzy being back in the band it's doubtful Iommi will be going back out on the road with 'Black Sabbath' anyway.

I'd also agree that Iommi can still come up with killer riffs, but even if Geezer came up with decent lyrics I wouldn't be interested in another Ozzy/Sab reunion. It's kind of like a feeling of enabling the Osbournes to keep up their lifestyle should I buy a ticket to see Ozzy in concert, Sab or solo, and I just don't have any use for Ozzy anymore. When I see clips of Ozzy performing these days, it comes across like watching KISS perform now in that it's just a bunch of aging, past-their-prime, fading rockstars with nothing left to offer on the creative front other than uninspired retreads...it has all the fun of watching a factory worker punch in and churn out the same old same old, assembly line-style, to no greater purpose other than collecting a paycheck.

Hellraiser!!
07-20-2010, 09:20 PM
I heard that Iommi will start a new project with Ian Gillan....

So Ozzy has plenty of time to play with his new axe man Gus G!!

Dave's Bitch
07-21-2010, 06:15 PM
it comes across like watching KISS perform now .

agree on everything but THAT remark ;)

tojoro
07-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Terry does have a good point...how does one sing lyrics like "Meet you, greet you in the Ladies Room" or "Icicles within my brain, Cocaine!" with conviction when they're past 60?
It comes off as preposterous, in a way.
Ozzy is the most wrung out of the lot. To quote Bilbo Baggins: 'Like butter, being scraped over too much bread.'
Don't know the details of the court case, but are Tony, Geezer and Bill supposed to split the remaining two thirds, if Oz gets a third?
If you are on stage and the chick who shows you her tits is old enough to be your granddaughter, it's time to hang up them spurs and start releasing old shit.
Watch the Stones 'Shine A Light'... every now and then, there's girls looking at Mick with fuck-eyes, and I'm revolted!:barf:
Why would anyone, gay or straight, want Mick's old, hanging, Great Dane balls on them?

Terry
07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Seriously.

I mean, Ozzy's "Prince of Darkness" routine was enjoyable up until about 1986. Since then, he's just become more ridiculous with each passing year.

Seshmeister
07-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Of course if he had retired back when he should have there would now be a bunch of people on forums saying when is that lazy asshole Ozzy going to do a reunion and release some new material...

hambon4lif
07-22-2010, 01:15 AM
Of course if he had retired back when he should have there would now be a bunch of people on forums saying when is that lazy asshole Ozzy going to do a reunion and release some new material......then they watched "The Osbournes" and saw Ozz hobbling around the house picking up dogshit and trying to learn the remote to the T.V.

.....it's at that point where I figured we would NEVER get another "War Pigs" or "Iron Man" out of the so-called 'Prince Of Darkness'......

Sharon's a cunt!

DavidLeeNatra
07-22-2010, 02:20 AM
Seriously.

I mean, Ozzy's "Prince of Darkness" routine was enjoyable up until about 1986. Since then, he's just become more ridiculous with each passing year.

have fun...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wJkUX0xcpo&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6wJkUX0xcpo&amp;hl=de_DE&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

best part is the barp at 1:26'...

sadaist
07-22-2010, 03:18 AM
To quote Bilbo Baggins: 'Like butter, being scraped over too much bread.'

LMAO!

I don't think I have ever seen someone quote Bilbo here before. And in a Sabbath/Ozzy thread. I find that hilarious.

:biggrin:

Blaze
07-22-2010, 08:15 AM
I like old Ozzy. I did not care much for young Ozzy. I didn't even know who he was when I went to a concert of his sometime in the mid or late 80's.

Ozzy reminds me of the dude missing 2 arms and a leg, sporting an eye patch, has gray hair past his ass, and maneuvers his hopped up wheelchair with his freaking toe; that is listed on the sponsor list of the biker rally from the inception of the rally when there was no era.

I will always hold respect for Ozzy brushing off Bucket and Bucket's shtick. Long Live Ozzy!