PDA

View Full Version : 25 Marshall Amps, 1 Les Paul - The Experiment

indeedido
07-23-2010, 11:59 AM
I stumbled onto this on youtube today. A lot of chatter until about the 5:30 mark. They have some time on their hands.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A-Is_ILKA5A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A-Is_ILKA5A&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

GAR
07-23-2010, 12:31 PM
I see the math here:

25*crap=crap(25). Thanks.

I've always wondered since I was a teenager what this would sound like, and if the bass response of so many paneled together would go lower or not.

It sounds like it does but barely. If they were to do this project correctly, the little amps would be grouped together with no air gaps.

Otherwise it still sounds tinny.

Hardrock69
07-23-2010, 12:44 PM
I am sure by the 7 minute mark you were probably jacking off. :hee:

Diamondjimi
07-23-2010, 06:58 PM
:lol:

Diamondjimi
07-23-2010, 06:58 PM
The dude's got a decent finger pickin technique....

GAR
07-23-2010, 08:01 PM
I am sure by the 7 minute mark you were probably jacking off. :hee:

I can always count on you to simultaneously attack a member you don't like, yet yeild no clarity on the thread in subject.

How come they haven't banned you yet?

GAR
07-23-2010, 08:03 PM
The dude's got a decent finger pickin technique....

Yeah! And he's CUTE too.. say it DJ, say what's on your mind!

"I wanna sit on those magic fingers of his." Go ahead. Come out of the closet.

Hardrock69
07-23-2010, 10:38 PM
I can always count on you to simultaneously attack a member you don't like, yet yeild no clarity on the thread in subject.

Because unlike you, I actually contribute around here, something that is beyond your abilities and comprehension.

And for your information, test-tube baby, I yielded plenty of clarity on the subject of my post:

THAT YOU ARE A FUCKING PEDO-LOSER ASSWIPE WHOSE ONLY REAL CRIME IS NOT JUMPING IN FRONT OF A BUS SEVERAL DECADES AGO!

GAR
07-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Because unlike you, I actually contribute around here..

- doing Alex Grimes' job of reposting Yahoo news.

Except Alex was moderate and wasn't a stalker. And he was funny. And contributed!

jhale667
07-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Back on f***ing topic...:rolleyes: I'd like to see the experiment done with say 25 Marshall Plexi halfstacks...:biggrin:

indeedido
07-25-2010, 12:49 PM
No doubt, where can we get our hands on 25 plexis?

Diamondjimi
07-25-2010, 05:37 PM

Yeah! And he's CUTE too.. say it DJ, say what's on your mind!

"I wanna sit on those magic fingers of his." Go ahead. Come out of the closet.

Project much, BallGARgler? :blow2:

ThrillsNSpills
07-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Back on f***ing topic...:rolleyes: I'd like to see the experiment done with say 25 Marshall Plexi halfstacks...:biggrin:

YEP
now yer talkin'!
Cool clip. What the hell's going on on that toggle up position? wild sound

GAR
08-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Well with the title of the thread as such, one assumes off the bat it's about fullsized Marshalls, not chinese ninevolt halfwatt marshalls

GAR
08-11-2010, 09:41 AM
When we had a lockout at SIR on Santa Monica, in what's now a vacunt building next to Paramount Recording, one day ACDC was doing tour prep rehearsals there and rented 11 stacks in the room.. not 25 heads but nearly 25 cabs! Didn't hear them rehearse though, they had left already. But the sight of so much rented gear up in that room, I had to ask "who the hell was in there last weekend"...