PDA

View Full Version : Strongest ever beer served up in dead squirrels ....

Diamondjimi
07-26-2010, 05:17 PM
http://d.yimg.com/ca.yimg.com/p/100723/afp/iphoto_1279905572934-1-0jpg.jpg?x=258&y=345&sig=bMAGc098Wzl7Mslg3oejoQ--

LONDON (AFP) - The strongest and most expensive beer ever created sold out within hours Friday, a Scottish brewery said, as they courted controversy by packaging the bottles inside the bodies of stuffed animals.

BrewDog, the self-described maverick brewery, presented the beer -- which contains a record 55 percent alcohol -- inside the bodies of dead squirrels and stoats.

Animal rights activists rushed to condemn the stunt.

"It's pointless and it's very negative to use dead animals when we should be celebrating live animals," Advocates for Animals policy director Libby Anderson told BBC Scotland.

"This seems to be a perverse idea."

BrewDog said the limited edition Belgian ale -- made with juniper berries and dubbed "The End of History" -- was also the costliest beer ever sold.

The squirrel bottles cost 700 pounds (1,000 dollars, 840 euros) each and the seven stoat bottles went for 500 pounds a pop.

All sold out within four hours of going on sale, BrewDog managing director James Watt told AFP.

Watt said the controversial drink was the last in a line of experimental brews, explaining: "For the final installment in the strong beer series, we wanted to create something epic, something monumental."

He said there were no plans to come up with a beer to beat this record, insisting: "We're quite happy at 55 percent."

As for the taste, Watt described "The End of History" as a "complex" beer with a multitude of flavours including honey, mint and cinnamon.

He recommended sipping the drink "much like you would a malt whiskey", served up in a spirit glass rather than a pint glass.

Little Texan
07-26-2010, 07:36 PM
http://d.yimg.com/ca.yimg.com/p/100723/afp/iphoto_1279905572934-1-0jpg.jpg?x=258&y=345&sig=bMAGc098Wzl7Mslg3oejoQ--

The squirrel bottles cost 700 pounds (1,000 dollars, 840 euros) each and the seven stoat bottles went for 500 pounds a pop.

$1000? For a bottle of beer? No, thanks! If I want beer served that way, I'll just kill a tree rat, wait an hour or two for rigormortis to set in, then cram a bottle of beer either down its throat or up its ass for a savings of $997.

chefcraig
07-26-2010, 07:40 PM
"It's pointless and it's very negative to use dead animals when we should be celebrating live animals," Advocates for Animals policy director Libby Anderson told BBC Scotland.

Yeah, but having a live animal wriggling around in your hand with a bottle stuffed down it's throat would probably be seen as awkward in a social setting, at the least.

Nickdfresh
07-26-2010, 10:11 PM
LOL Saw this a couple of days ago. I'd love to try one, but I already spend more for top shelf beer. And it's fucking hysterical that an animal rights group actually gets upset someone is using road-kill as a coolie...

thome
07-27-2010, 01:04 PM
I wonder who has actually tasted this stuff..?

Perhaps, at those speeds it must taste like crap ?

Perhaps, one should have a Boilermaker instead or simply a Beer back wiff yo Whiskey yo ...Yes/No..?

Perhaps, most of all this thread should have just been a post in, The Natras' and The Rikks..?

I have made commentary, there is once again peace in the valley.