PDA

View Full Version : Stop Congress from doubling penalties for pot brownies

Blaze
07-26-2010, 07:21 PM
The Senate is awaiting a vote on a bill that would double penalties for any edible products combined with medical marijuana in California and other states that provide relief for patients. S. 258, the Saving Kids from Dangerous Drugs Act, was introduced by Sen. Diane Feinstein and is using a media scare about "candy flavored methamphetamine" to attack medical marijuana patients and providers.

Some medical marijuana users are so sick that they are unable to smoke their medicine and must eat it in baked goods or lozenges. They are already breaking federal law and risking prosecution but if S. 258 passes, the penalties they face would double.

Please write your two United States Senators today and urge them to defeat this heartless bill.

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/1259/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=4458

Seshmeister
07-26-2010, 10:05 PM
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qh2sWSVRrmo&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qh2sWSVRrmo&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?color1=0x402061&amp;color2=0 x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

PETE'S BROTHER
08-02-2010, 05:26 PM
The Senate approved anti-drug legislation that may help squash one of the sneakier ways of getting high: pot brownies.

Phoenix: Mom Discovers $5 Wrinkle Trick
Dermatologists DON'T want you knowing about this Skin Care Secret!
Get details...

Do YOU Qualify?
New Gov regulations allow US residents to remove 50% of their…
Get details...

SHOCKING: 2010 Honda Civic for $1,732.09
Special Report: High ticket items are being auctioned for 90% off!
See the results...

Mortgage Rates Hit 3.25%
If you owe under $729k you probably qualify for Obama's Refi…
More info...
The Saving Kids From Dangerous Drugs Act of 2009, which passed the Senate unanimously Friday, includes language that could make the fines and jail time for cooking and distributing pot brownies double those for possessing regular (uncooked) marijuana. From the bill:

(1) UNLAWFUL ACTS — Except as authorized under this title, including paragraph (3), it shall be unlawful for any person at least 18 years of age to knowingly or intentionally manufacture or create, with intent to manufacture, create, distribute, or dispense, a controlled substance listed in schedule I or II that is —

(A) combined with a candy product;
(B) marketed or packaged to appear similar to a candy product; and
(C) modified by flavoring or coloring the controlled substance with the intent to distribute, dispense, or sell the controlled substance to a person under 18 years of age.

(2) PENALTIES — Except as provided in section 418, 419, or 420, any person who violates paragraph (1) of this subsection shall be subject to —
(A) 2 times the maximum punishment and at least 2 times any term of supervised release.

"The text singles out 'candy products,' which is a broad grouping," writes Michael Whitney at FireDogLake. "It also specifies products 'modified by flavoring or coloring,' which expands the scope of the law.

While the bill is ostensibly aimed at distributing drugs to people under the age of 18, it's broad enough to pose serious problems for both medical marijuana patients and for dispensaries selling these products to patients."

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/08/02/20100802pot-brownies-legislation-politico.html#ixzz0vUCjup3W:(

Hardrock69
08-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Fuck those motherfuckers.

This is a useless law. Federal statute it is against the law to have the substances on Schedule I or II, so why are they creating a new law that essentially says the same thing?

PETE'S BROTHER
08-03-2010, 11:34 AM
redundant assholes..../lawmakers

Blaze
08-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Eh, after reading it it sounds like it is worded and geared toward the preporation of legalization.

Blaze
08-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Bare with the spelling. I'll be back to a computer soon enough :D

PETE'S BROTHER
08-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Bare with the spelling. I'll be back to a computer soon enough :D

i thought i figured out who ruprick was.:biggrin:

FORD
08-03-2010, 02:20 PM
This is fucking ridiculous.... In the same week that they did away with the ridiculous (and frankly, racist) discrepancies in legal penalties between powdered and crack cocaine, now their going to create a NEW false discrepancy between a bong hit and a brownie? What the Fuck?? :mad:

Just goddamn legalize it outright, and go after the fucking meth labs, where an actually dangerous drug is made.

PETE'S BROTHER
08-03-2010, 02:22 PM
This is fucking ridiculous.... In the same week that they did away with the ridiculous (and frankly, racist) discrepancies in legal penalties between powdered and crack cocaine, now their going to create a NEW false discrepancy between a bong hit and a brownie? What the Fuck?? :mad:

Just goddamn legalize it outright, and go after the fucking meth labs, where an actually dangerous drug is made.

thanking you:baaa:

Blaze
08-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Twaint me. I am not ruphie.