PDA

View Full Version : A remake of "true grit"?!?!?!?!?!?

Hardrock69
07-30-2010, 11:23 AM
GODDAM THESE MOTHERFUCKERS! :mad:

Fucking goddamn no-talent hack motherfuckers with no originality!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coen_brothers

The Coen brothers' next film will be True Grit, based on the novel by Charles Portis.[15] It is currently in post-production. Filming was done primarily in Granger, TX with some filming done in Austin, TX. The film will be distributed by Paramount. Jeff Bridges, who starred in the Coens' The Big Lebowski, will star as Marshall Rooster Cogburn. Matt Damon, Josh Brolin, and Barry Pepper will also appear in the movie.[

Are they so sapped of any creativity they have to begin ruining American Classics like True Grit??!?!?!?!?

THERE IS ONLY ONE FUCKING ROOSTER COGBURN GODDAMMIT!!! :mad:
http://i27.tinypic.com/4rt6pi.jpg

I mean, the fucking Coen Bros. have the potential for great films......"Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" was a classic!

But there is NO FUCKING WAY they can create a better version of "True Grit", and they should be fucking shot for even thinking about it!

Granted.....there are negatives about the original. The film is set in the mountains of Western Arkansas, yet they filmed many scenes in Colorado using the Rockies as a back drop. Glen Campbell was lame in his role. Kim Darby was perfect, as a 14-year-old girl, in that she was not a good actress, which contributed to her vibe as an immature girl on a dangerous journey of vengeance. John Wayne was never a KILLER actor. He was The Duke in all his films.

But that is the OVERWHELMING factor that CANNOT be replicated......JEFF BRIDGES IS NOT JOHN WAYNE! No matter how good an actor he is (and he IS a good actor), his image is not EVEN iconic....he is not worthy to lick the bottom of John Wayne's horseshit encrusted boot!

THE FILM IS AN AMERICAN CLASSIC AND IT IS BLASPHEMY TO DO THIS!

I SURELY HOPE IT FUCKING BOMBS IN IT'S THEATRICAL RELEASE AND THE COEN BROS. HAVE TO EAT SHIT FOR EVEN THINKING ABOUT DOING THIS!!! :mad:

*End rant here*

fuckers.....
:mad:

Green Manalishi
07-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Damn , I remember going to see this when I was a little kid . Still one of my sentimental faves . Oddly enough and how ironic is this ? I saw this movie in a small town movie theatre in NorthWestern Arkansas while visiting relatives !
Nope , no one can or could do this role better than the Duke ! Besides being out of touch with reality , Hollyweird is way too out of ideas .

Little Texan
07-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Talk about an unnecessary remake! Next thing you know they're going to be remaking other John Wayne classics such as The Alamo...
wait...

Jagermeister
07-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Fuckin stupid.

GAR
07-30-2010, 01:28 PM
I can now piss pure beer. But I don't want to take THAT in a secunt time...

PETE'S BROTHER
07-30-2010, 01:43 PM
I can now piss pure beer. But I don't want to take THAT in a secunt time...

a lie ~data~

GAR
07-30-2010, 01:45 PM
What? Why drink my own piss when I can get shit on for free by my chick?

Likewise, you can't improve on the original movie, but you can find some dumbass to pay down for tickets to see the remake JUST because they know the story..

sonrisa salvaje
07-30-2010, 05:11 PM
This would be like trying to do a remake of Outlaw Josey Wales. Pointless. There is no way you are going to top the original movie with the original actor. Some movies i am down with it. In this case - NO F' IN WAY.

Maybe they should just call it True Shit instead.

High Life Man
07-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Sorry. The Coens can pretty much make anything and it is great.

How "Fargo" didn't win best picture is beyond me. An American masterpiece.

kwame k
07-30-2010, 08:36 PM
It's THE FUCKING DUKE! The dude beat cancer and just played himself in over a hundred movies.........

Love the Coen brothers but after this fuck them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Guitar Shark
07-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Sorry. The Coens can pretty much make anything and it is great.

How "Fargo" didn't win best picture is beyond me. An American masterpiece.

They've had a couple of flicks I didn't like very much, but generally I agree with you. The Coen brothers rock. Raising Arizona. Fargo. The Big Lebowski. No Country for Old Men. I'll give this one a chance.

ThrillsNSpills
07-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Lebowski was a classic !

kwame k
07-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Lebowski was a classic !

I'm ordained in the Church of Dude...................

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll103/realtodd/ordination-certificate2copy.jpg

Hardrock69
07-31-2010, 12:21 AM
:lmao:

Hardrock69
07-31-2010, 12:24 AM
My main points are:

1. Do NOT try to remake an iconic movie. Hell, it was the only movie John Wayne ever won an Oscar for. Regardless of whether or not it was any kind of 'lifetime achievement' thing in spirit.

2. They have spent millions and millions of dollars that could better have been spent making THEIR next classic film. Don't get me wrong....they are good at making films. But I am pissed off that they took the low road that scumbag lazy cocksucking slackers in the movie industry take. They could have come up with another kickass ORIGINAL film, but they decided to piss on the name of John Wayne. Fuckers. :mad:

kwame k
07-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Can't say it any better than that, HR!

thome
07-31-2010, 03:05 AM
The people that own the rites to True Grit the name the story the actors in this the director the sound guys the horse wranglers are out of money.

That is all the backstory about the original they know, wich is they don't care.

It is to me like Ted Turner -Colorizing- classic old movies as long as he was preserving the originals as they were meant to be, with the money made who cares don't watch it.

If they said we are no longer going to let the public see the original only this new thing that would be bad and wrong.
I Spielburf and Lucass said we are actually remastering Raiders/Wars the original master tapes with new scenes that would be bad and wrong.Tampering with the original cut that would be bad and wrong.

You know what we need is a new word that really sends it home... a word that relates how, "bad and wrong", this is ...? hmm like Badong....that is iT!! these guys are, Badong.<(stolen movie line)

Fukkers are just Badong.

I also understand others in this thread that understand even if the movie is horrible, 80% of the people who liked the original are going to PAY for... this easy pandering bagong monies will be made.

There ought o be a law

High Life Man
10-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Love the Coen brothers. Even "Intolerable Cruelty" has its moments.

This looks pretty badass. Supposedly a truer adaptation of the novel. Should be great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uco41pOKeJg

ZahZoo
10-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Trailer looks interesting... just don't seem right remaking a Duke classic though...

PETE'S BROTHER
10-08-2010, 11:10 AM
speaking of which, where has hr69 been?