PDA

View Full Version : Kara DioGuardi -- Out at 'American Idol'

Jagermeister
07-30-2010, 01:09 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/29/american-idol-kara-dioguardi-judge-jennifer-lopez-steven-tyler-fired/

Kara fired.

We're told the show will be going back to a three-judge format and assuming all deals are finalized, the judge's panel will consist of Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.

We're told the only way Kara could get a reprieve is if the J-Lo deal falls apart -- but we're told that deal is done.

Ellen DeGeneres announced earlier Thursday that she was leaving the show after just one season.

GAR
07-30-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm surprised the dyke even lasted one season!

chefcraig
07-30-2010, 01:47 PM
This really isn't much of a surprise, since DioGuardi didn't have a current contract. It is interesting that DeGeneres was forced out, even though she had recently signed a multiple year contract. She complained to a news outlet that she didn't feel comfortable judging people on their talents, which sounds like a load of baloney considering the contract she signed.

This all came about for two reasons: Simon Cowell's departure and the arrival of Nigel Lythgoe, who is returning as executive producer. The guy ran things for the series' first seven successful years, and has been given free reign to fix what is left of it. A new broom sweeps clean, so it appears he trashed the entire cast. At one point, Elton John was involved in discussions to replace Cowell, but this fell apart over money. I'd much rather have him than the clueless Tyler, a nitwit bound to make people miss the cliched nonsense that formerly came out of Randy Jackson's mouth.

GAR
07-30-2010, 02:08 PM
If only Moe Howard was still alive..

http://members.cox.net/classicliz/images/howard-moe.jpg

"Mmmm, why yeww... get cher lazy vagabond bodybag off a my stage - you can't sing your way out of a paper bag, do you call that singing?!?!"

Starwood
07-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Starwood recommends Courtney Love, Mike Starr, and Steven Adler. THAT'S entertainment.

Starwood
07-30-2010, 02:44 PM
...and too bad Bill Gazzari's not around anymore. He would have been MONEY for that slot.

hambon4lif
07-30-2010, 07:50 PM
I still can't believe Kara's gone! I'll miss her!

I liked the shape of her mouth, and the size of her nostrils led me to believe that she could breathe through her nose for long periods of time.

These are very important qualities...

...that sucks!

Bye, Kara!:(

fryingdutchman
07-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Nobody gives a shit about American Idol anymore. It's become a parody of itself at this point.

Lee DeWyze was folksy and humble, but he's certainly not "star material." He didn't deserve to win and you'll never hear from him again. Crystal Bowersox was clearly the superior talent, but I think that even she will fade to black. She might come out with something that registers a little blip on the radar, but it might be of the "I can't believe we actually heard from her again" school of thought rather than the "it's about fucking time this future star hit the scene" school of thought.

The days of churning out Carrie Underwood's, Kelly Clarkson's, and Daughtry's are long gone for that show.

As for Kara and Ellen....who really gives a fuck? Ellen sucked, and her saying that she was "uncomfortable" judging talent is the biggest "NO FUCKING SHIT" statement of the century. Her input was worthless and trite, and it meant nothing to those contestants. The only thing that Ellen meant was a last gasp at national exposure by going on her talk show after getting booted off.

Kara became annoying and repetitive last season, and for a so-called industry "insider" she was pathetic. And she didn't help herself with the whole "wet panties" routine over Casey James.

This is the death rattle for American Idol, and no amount of judge stunt-casting will save it.

The reality talent craze will spike again when Simon Cowell's "X Factor" hits in the near future. Because ultimately, the only reason people tuned in to watch "Idol" in the last two or three seasons was because of Simon, not the contestants.

Starwood
08-02-2010, 06:28 PM
FDM just nailed it. Outstanding post...Starwood is once again in awe of Top Class Wit in action.