PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Sarasota!

neuralfraud
08-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Hail from south FL!

Been a lurker here for a couple of years, so I decided "Fuck it, I'll register."

Then I clicked the submit button.. then it told me I had entered an invalid value for favorite VH/DLR song.. WTF I only saw "Favorite VH/DLR Album" which I duly entered my preference. Phantom fields? Fuck it! Entered my song of choice.. oh, shit, it blanked all of the other previously entered fields, so fuck you do it again! ok. So I entered everything again, hit submit.. OH NOES, YOU DONE FORGOT TO ENTER YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!11.. sigh.. I finally double check everything and go.. and then it worked.

That is the most work I've ever had to perform to join a forum! At least I know nobody will ever ask if who I sided with after the VH split.. ;)

In light of the laborious task, I better make sure I take the time to properly introduce myself!

Originally a NY'er, I was introduced to VH at around the age of 11 after I got my first electric guitar - my father played guitar and was a die hard EVH fan and he taught me all the VH licks he knew, including some of the misguided legends about his rig "He uses seven phasers"

In the last 19 years, I've learned lots of different styles and songs from VH, to queen, to slayer and even morbid angel (from which the guitarist is a huge EVH fan himself), one thing remained certain however, VH still blows my mind to this date and Ive continuously expanded my ability to play vh music, and play like EVH. Cant say that about any other band, period.

After I started playing guitar and really got into VH, FUCK came out, then balance - saw the tour. Being a 14-year old, seeing VH from the general admission area, even with hagar just kicked ass. Eddie was ruthless that night (Knickerbocker Arena, May 1995).

I witnessed the 1996 train wreck, which pissed me off because the two songs they recorded are some of the best music I've heard, still.

Around 1998 they were promoted by our local radio station after coming out with cherone, but it just wasn't right. Tried too hard and just sounded like hagar and roth had a mutant love child..

Around '06 and 07 I read rumors that they would reunite with roth and tour. They finally did and I got to see them one show before EVH's ridiculous meltdown (St Pete FL feb 18 2008, good show, but somewhat disjointed performance, not nearly as bad as FT lauderdale though). Well at any rate, it still blew my mind and it reignited my desire to listen to VH, play VH and most importantly, rediscover DLR.

Thanks to you fuckers though! You've completely ruined van hagar for me!

Until reading this forum, I've never actually read any of hagar's lyrics.. I always dug the FUCK/Balance albums, and then I got bored one night, read some lyrics..

Fuckin hell. Sammy hagar is the corniest mofo possibly in the history of rock, but I still appreciate the evolved style of EVH's music in that period, so I simply ignore the spam.

I definitely believe roth is the best front man to ever have lived. Absolutely noone works the crowd or has the outright charisma he's got. Character goes a long way, and goddamnit, that's something hagar never had. Just a surf bum and the mentality to go with it.

Thats' about as far as I will go with hagar bashing though, cant be a complete hypocrite since I totally wanted to (And learned) how to play when it's love on the piano when I was 10..

Alright, enough rambling! Again, greetz, and I've got my flame suit on;)

Sarge's Little Helper
08-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Hi neuralfraud Welcome to The Diamond David Lee Roth Army! The ROTH ARMY carries the Van Halen Torch, Diamond David Lee Roth Style! This is where Classic Van Halen is celebrated and Diamond Dave reigns as the Supreme Toastmaster of the Immoral Majority. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay!

Diamondjimi
08-06-2010, 08:23 PM
IP check, please... ;)

VanHalenFan5150
08-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Greetings from Bradenton! :hee: Let me be one of the first people here to welcome you.

neuralfraud
08-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Ip check confirms not an alias! :D

VH fan, word, from bradentucky. Good to see the next generation into good music!

VanHalenFan5150
08-06-2010, 08:53 PM
You'll fit right in fine here. Nice to meet someone close, too! This site also is a good hub for a group of die hard Van Halen fans, and with that, those who collect bootlegs. If there is ANYTHING you're looking, don't hesitate to let me, or any of the others know!

P.S.

I'm from NY too, originally. :D

Diamondjimi
08-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Ip check confirms not an alias! :D

Oh, so you have Webbie powers?

neuralfraud
08-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Oh, so you have Webbie powers?

webbie powers? like, as in I rule teh interwebs? For the record, I'm a network administrator, so I suppose in some way or another I have the powers ;)

If I totally misunderstood that, then please clarify !

VanHalenFan5150
08-06-2010, 09:06 PM
It's not wise to get too mean with people here, but you're new so don't worry. Just be chill here.

neuralfraud
08-06-2010, 09:16 PM
You'll fit right in fine here. Nice to meet someone close, too! This site also is a good hub for a group of die hard Van Halen fans, and with that, those who collect bootlegs. If there is ANYTHING you're looking, don't hesitate to let me, or any of the others know!

P.S.

I'm from NY too, originally. :D

Word. Schenectady representin', B!

It'd be neat to find a full bootleg of the May 7 1995 VH show at Knickerbocker Arena - that was the first time I'd seen VH, and the loudest thing I've ever witnessed, well, maybe because my parents told me that VH was the loudest band on earth - so that automatically made it kick ass ;)

VanHalenFan5150
08-06-2010, 09:19 PM
I will search for it, thanks for the warning. I'll have to PM you my trade list. You'll be shitting your pants!

Va Beach VH Fan
08-06-2010, 09:29 PM
IP check, please... ;)

LOL, he's clean.... :D

VanHalenFan5150
08-06-2010, 09:30 PM
A legit cool guy, don't get a lot of them as new people around these parts :lol:

neuralfraud
08-06-2010, 09:34 PM
It's not wise to get too mean with people here, but you're new so don't worry. Just be chill here.

lol. I certainly hope the people here will simply take my posts at face value. Sometimes its hard to not be curt when you're writing a quick, to the point response, but I don't really care about that, it is what it is - and that's chill ;) I've got respect for the people that are longtime veterans of this place and the people that operate it and allow me to post my ramblings so thanks!

hm, guess I have to figure out a signature. peace.

Diamondjimi
08-06-2010, 09:41 PM
LOL, he's clean.... :D

Gotcha, thx VA !

(neuralfraud)
Welcome to the Muthafuckin David Lee Roth Army, Beeatch!

Diamondjimi
08-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Just so ya know all Hagar lovers will be sent HERE (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?8351-The-Sheep-Pen) for shearing and processing! :D

Hardrock69
08-06-2010, 09:51 PM
I'll be damned. Another rare newbie who is legit.

Welcome to the forums! If you have been a lurker as long as you say, you know pretty much what goes on around here.

Though you grew up on Spambo The Flatulent, we can sort of forgive you, as you were just a kid, and never got to see the real deal back in the day.

Enjoy your stay here!

neuralfraud
08-06-2010, 10:32 PM
I'll be damned. Another rare newbie who is legit.

Welcome to the forums! If you have been a lurker as long as you say, you know pretty much what goes on around here.

Though you grew up on Spambo The Flatulent, we can sort of forgive you, as you were just a kid, and never got to see the real deal back in the day.

Enjoy your stay here!

hahah.

Honestly, I've known about VHND probably longer than the army, but I got sick to death of chickenfoot news and a good buddy and ex coworker who always read this site turned me on to it, so thank fuck for that!

Thanks for the welcomes guys. However, unfortunately I will not be visiting the sheep pen any time soon! I might have grown up when Spammy van Hagar was thriving, but I had always known about CVH, and while I may have had FUCK on cd when I was 12, I had VH 1 and VH 2 on tape first.

nf

Dan
08-07-2010, 12:37 AM
Just so ya know all Hagar lovers will be sent HERE (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?8351-The-Sheep-Pen) for shearing and processing! :D

I'm Shearing As We Speak,Anyone For Lamb?

Diamondjimi
08-07-2010, 12:46 AM
I'm Shearing As We Speak,

How Rude! :biggrin:

Dan
08-07-2010, 01:46 AM
How Rude! :biggrin:

You Mean Like This?:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3U2mipXJ1Q

Hardrock69
08-07-2010, 02:04 AM
:lol:

VAiN
08-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Greetings from the East Coast of Florida... big fan of Sarasota, too bad my cunt of an ex lives there. Welcome aboard!

chefcraig
08-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Greetings from the East Coast of Florida... big fan of Sarasota, too bad my cunt of an ex lives there. Welcome aboard!

+1 http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/rock-021.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Fighting-Smileys/)

Look at it this way, VAiN: Fortunately, both of our ex-wives live to the north and several very comfortable miles away. http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-jumping-smileys-380.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/Free-Winking-Smileys/)

Welcome aboard, neuralfraud. :baaa: