PDA

View Full Version : The more memorable LIES/Quotes from the Van Halen Camp!

Quote Master
01-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Remember these?
"The guy is a asshole. He will never go on tour with me again. He's gonna have to draw a crowd on his own. He's not a man of his word. Dave came to me because no one wanted to book him by himself, because he's such a flake and he has such a bad reputation. But I just can't work with him anymore. His voice is not too good. You sit there and go, 'I just saw a guy who was half the singer and half the performer he used to be, who spray-paints his hair on before he goes on stage and still acts like he's in Van Halen in 1982!' . . . It's a joke to me, it's like Liberace or something. We were all on the same plane to go to a show in Dallas, and Dave's hair was brown underneath his hat. The night of the show it was raving platinum. I'd hate to be there when he puts that thing on." - Sammy Hagar on David Lee Roth, Page Six, August 2002

AND

"Van Halen really can't go out with another singer - If they try it again, can you imagine? The two singers can go out without Van Halen, but that's what irritates them so badly, because these guys are power-freaks. First they try to squeeze me in, then they try to squeeze me out of the fucking band, and then they try to get Dave back, and you saw that fucking abortion, and they did that three more times that the world doesn't know about. All that shit you were hearing about, "Dave's back! Dave's back!" Dave was back, and he was singing the blues to me. Everyone knew that I wasn't interested in going back to that hell hole - For some reason they have lost their spontaneity and their love for the music and bands...They are just an ugly, ugly mess." - Sammy Hagar, Metal Edge, September 2002

( The hypocrite wasn't interested in being in Van Halen and said Eddie and Co. had lost their spontaneity and love for music? So what changed his mind? )

AND

"The Van Halen part of it is the thing I'll never escape from. Other than both being singers in the same band, we have nothing in common. Other than both having a successful reign. We sold 42 million records, they sold 28 [with Roth]. I was in the band 11 years, he was 7. So stack it up. "Right Now" and all the No. 1 records were with me. They became a teenage phenomenon with him. But people grew up. It was more like 18-30 for me. Their wife and couples came to see us. The fact that I had a career before Van Halen was more important to me. David Lee Roth didn't have a career before and so he didn't have one after." - Sammy Hagar, Green Magazine, 11/9/00

AND

"As for the fans, some fans never accepted Sammy! If they're not going to accept Gary, fine. Then listen to the Roth records, and if you like Sammy, buy those records. We're moving on. And the fans are not going to dictate who I work with."

AND

One of the all time great Eddie Van Halen quotes:

"If Gary's in, he's in for life. And if anything ever happens...that would be the end of Van Halen. I'll take up Tuba." - Eddie Van Halen, Spring 1998. Better go buy a tuba then Eddie!

( The end of Van Halen? The only Van Halen was with David !
Van Hagar will always be secondary at best )

Sarge
01-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Quote Master
Remember these?
on the same plane to go to a show in Dallas, and Dave's hair was brown underneath his hat. The night of the show it was raving platinum. I'd hate to be there when he puts that thing on." - Sammy Hagar on David Lee Roth, Page Six, August 2002

I bet he tried to check out Dave's pubes as well

Quote Master
01-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
I bet he tried to check out Dave's pubes as well

lol

Here is another beauty from Sammy after seeing the Australian VH concert and actually contemplating if the band looked stupid when he was in Van Hagar. Well guess what Sammy, it's gonna look even more ridiculous this time around! :bananna: :hula:

"Oh, fuck no. I saw that thing from Australia. It was so God awful. I was so embarrassed. I couldn't stand it. It was just not what people want from Van Halen, obviously. The poor guy's singing Roth tunes, Sammy tunes, and it just doesn't sound right. Some of them sound flat fucking stupid. The band looked stupid. I was just wondering if we looked that stupid sometimes." - Sammy Hagar when asked if he was tempted to see the current Van Halen lineup live, from Rolling Stone Network, March 24, 1999

AND

"If we went on the road with Roth, it would be an embarrassment-it would be ripping off our fans. If we started in Toledo, Ohio, we'd never make it to Cleveland. After the first gig, people would go, "I want my money back!" Some things are just better left to memory, period. And the memories are great. I mean, in a lot of people's minds, the memory of it is more vivid than the reality. It just ain't there, man. It just ain't there." - Eddie Van Halen, Guitar, January 1997."

- So Eddie, you didn't rip the fans off with Gary Cherone singing classics that Dave made Van Halen what it is today?
And now, having Sammy back is the same Hagar of 1986?
He sucked then when he joined the band riding the success that Dave left Van Halen with and Sammy will suck even more
in 2004!
:donkey:

Dave's PA Rental
01-11-2004, 09:54 PM
wow! more great quotes from a few only a few years ago.

If Sammy is back, how the hell will they be able to spin that story?

One Voice
01-13-2004, 10:44 AM
This fucking kills me everytime i see Hagar saying
he sold more records than Roth in VH.
do you really think this fat assed fuck believes that?
What a fucking tool.
:asshole:

Sarge
01-13-2004, 10:47 AM
yes he really belives that in his fat head

One Voice
01-13-2004, 10:55 AM
He is a legend in his own mind.

thebuldawg
01-13-2004, 11:49 AM
The only thing that he did was make watered down, radio friendly, bubble bum pop rock that the jaded masses are brainwashed into thinking that they want to hear.

Sarge
01-13-2004, 01:13 PM
music that old fat women and gay guys like to listen to...

One Voice
01-13-2004, 01:36 PM
No wonder they love him at the links.

Figs
11-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Oh fuck you. Fuck the lot of you. Fuck you all.