PDA

View Full Version : Some medical equipment has more than doubled in price

Nitro Express
08-22-2010, 02:55 PM
I bought a new CPAP mask the other day and for a plastic tube, a rubber mouth piece I spent $180! The head gear was an extra $50. I bought the same mask before Obamacare for $90 at the same store and it included the headgear. The pharmacist that owns the store said as soon as the healthcare law passed his suppliers started jacking prices.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see Obamacare just created a monopoly and now we are getting the monopoly pricing. It's done just the opposite that they said it would do and the whole reason people wanted a government ran plan was to reduce prices and make healthcare available to those who couldn't afford the cost before. It's made the situation even worse.

GAR
08-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Do you feel your wealth is getting spread around, like Obama promised? Or just the opposite - being concentrated by those sectors of business he's focused on..

idiot hack freshman DIY-on-the-fly junior Senator from Illinois TOTALLY bought-off by the Pharma industry and Insurance industry. And the Banking industry. And the Securities industry.

Please vote Independant even if the ballot shows a loser: either party is on the take.

lesfunk
08-22-2010, 05:31 PM
It's absolutely true. My health insurance went up $50.00 per month the very next statement after the passing of healthcare reform. My copays haven't gone up yet but we'll see

vh rides again
08-22-2010, 06:22 PM
It's absolutely true. My health insurance went up $50.00 per month the very next statement after the passing of healthcare reform. My copays haven't gone up yet but we'll seeyep I had to shop around for providers 2 months ago for my business and it went up $16 dollars per week to $68 and the copay went up 10 to $30. if employees want to see a chiro the copay went from $20 copay to $50. Ive had my own business now for about 15 years and between gas prices to fuel company vehicles and insurance im seriously thinking about hanging it up for awhile.

I spent an average of 7 grand a month in 2008 on gasoline during a slowed economy around here, thats saying alot.

this country is fucked.

GAR
08-22-2010, 06:31 PM
wow, thanks Warren Buffet. Thanks, Billary and 'Bama.

Seshmeister
08-22-2010, 07:45 PM
yep I had to shop around for providers 2 months ago for my business and it went up $16 dollars per week to $68 and the copay went up 10 to $30. if employees want to see a chiro the copay went from $20 copay to $50.

I can maybe save you a little bit of money, chiropractic is a sham and a waste of time don't pay for them to go. In fact you may even save their life since it's the number one cause of stroke among people under 45.

http://www.dcscience.net/?p=241

VanHalenFan5150
08-22-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't recall what kind of insurance my pops has but I know he gets his CPAP mask and tubes and stuff for free, the company mails it directly to him. He has sleep apnea

BITEYOASS
08-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Insurance companies in the US are basically extorting the american people and government into not allowing a public option. Then even after that legislation got butchered and gutted to their satisfaction, they raised the rates anyway.

Nitro Express
08-23-2010, 02:03 AM
I don't recall what kind of insurance my pops has but I know he gets his CPAP mask and tubes and stuff for free, the company mails it directly to him. He has sleep apnea

I'm self-employed and get screwed as far as insurance goes. I could buy a pretty nice Mercedes for what my monthly healthcare premiums are. I have very severe sleep apnea and I'm on 15 CM of pressure. Most people are under 10 CM. The most air your average machine will pump is 20 CM, so I have to have a mask that fits perfectly or it leaks and unfortunately, they are the expensive ones. Still, it's molded plastic and rubber. They are laughing all the way to the bank. I just find it appalling people who need this equipment to stay healthy are being price gouged. That is as scummy as you can get and the politicians don't give a damn if you die or your loved ones die so it's personal with me. They showed their cards and they all read "We are even more scummy than you thought we were." That bitch Pelosi was so smug after it passed and she damn well knew what she did to the public. You could see it in her face. She needs a five gallon Botox injection in my opinion.

Nitro Express
08-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Insurance companies in the US are basically extorting the american people and government into not allowing a public option. Then even after that legislation got butchered and gutted to their satisfaction, they raised the rates anyway.

Beautify America by planting a lobbyist. Preferably six feet underground.

Nitro Express
08-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Of course they are going to raise rates, the law makes not having any insurance illegal and there is no competition. When the IRS now works for the insurance industry and they can arrest you and garnish your assets to pay for insurance, the guess what, that's a pretty bad ass monopoly and they jack prices. Most of the assholes who voted "yes" didn't even read the fucking bill.

Nitro Express
08-23-2010, 02:13 AM
I don't even bother listening to the politicians anymore. They just spew lies. The lobbyists write the fucking bills and the US Congress and President pass into law whatever the big corporations want regardless of what the people want. They have done this in good times but now the economy is bad and the people are getting jacked and pissed. So I think hopefully political careers will get thrown under the bus because of this shit.

GAR
08-23-2010, 10:39 AM
I just want to point out what's obvious here, from my manufacturing insight: ALL of this medi-crap comes from China (one of my neighbors in the business park actually imports two containers a week in latex gloves) and NONE of that cost increase is coming from China. The price of petroleum is not up substantially, and 95 percent of what you consume is rubber and plastic - the rest paper and cartoning for shipment.

Blaze
08-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Sounds like your friendly medical device dealer is jacking you.

http://www.comparisonshop.com/top10.aspx?q=CPAP%20mask

http://www.shopping.com/xGS-CPAP%20mask~NS-1~linkin_id-7000481

vh rides again
08-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Of course they are going to raise rates, the law makes not having any insurance illegal and there is no competition. When the IRS now works for the insurance industry and they can arrest you and garnish your assets to pay for insurance, the guess what, that's a pretty bad ass monopoly and they jack prices. Most of the assholes who voted "yes" didn't even read the fucking bill. if anyone ever tried to arrest me for not having insurance you would see me on the evening news, that bullshit isnt gonna happen. are they gonna enforce that shit on illegal aliens who show up at hospitals with no insurance? LOL

Little Texan
08-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Well, they'll just have to arrest me because I can't afford the shit!

GAR
08-23-2010, 11:53 PM
if anyone ever tried to arrest me for not having insurance you would see me on the evening news, that bullshit isnt gonna happen. are they gonna enforce that shit on illegal aliens who show up at hospitals with no insurance? LOL

AMEN to that, mutherfukkas~!! I've almost got everything setup so I own nothing and the trust owns it all although I don't think it's gonna come down to the law coming into effect before the Republicans pull that weed out by the roots.. they better!

May EVERY Dem who voted for that bullshit fall by the wayside this fall who's up for reelection.

Sensible Shoes
08-23-2010, 11:55 PM
In MA you actually have to prove insurance when you file your state taxes.

GAR
08-24-2010, 02:10 AM
wow...

GAR
08-27-2010, 03:40 AM
http://www.medwow.com/used-flexible-ureteroscope-equipment/358.med

SHAMwow! i found a camera to shove down my dick/and/or COCH

Nitro Express
08-28-2010, 04:23 AM
Sounds like your friendly medical device dealer is jacking you.

http://www.comparisonshop.com/top10.aspx?q=CPAP%20mask

http://www.shopping.com/xGS-CPAP%20mask~NS-1~linkin_id-7000481

Oh I got jacked for sure but my mask broke and I needed a new one ASAP. I'm mail ordering the shit now.

Nitro Express
08-28-2010, 04:33 AM
Well, they'll just have to arrest me because I can't afford the shit!

Like the credit default swaps, it's beyond reality. It's gotten to the point where everything is a fucking joke. There are hundreds of trillions of dollars of derivatives when the gross national product of planet earth is estimated to be only $65 trillion. Then you have these whore politicians passing shit they never even had time to read and then the Federal Government fails to even enforce it's own laws but threatens the most meek citizen over crazy shit. It's a fucking nut farm today.

vanhalen1r2
09-06-2010, 01:13 AM
I bought a new CPAP mask the other day and for a plastic tube, a rubber mouth piece I spent $180! The head gear was an extra $50. I bought the same mask before Obamacare for $90 at the same store and it included the headgear. The pharmacist that owns the store said as soon as the healthcare law passed his suppliers started jacking prices.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see Obamacare just created a monopoly and now we are getting the monopoly pricing. It's done just the opposite that they said it would do and the whole reason people wanted a government ran plan was to reduce prices and make healthcare available to those who couldn't afford the cost before. It's made the situation even worse.

Great post, props

Sam42
09-06-2010, 01:42 AM
Hell, it doesn't matter who is in office, repubs or the dems, they both are out to serve the world bankers and no one else. As long as they can constantly keep us fighting each other, and keep the economy on this up and down pattern, in the end they are the winners and we lose.

Sure, they will let the economy stabilize and the markets will correct themselves. Shit, they will even let people get to the point of even feeling safe again and start to spend. Doesn't matter who is president and who controls congress. Once the wave of highs reach it's point, a new president will take over and the bankers will tear the economy down again.

For the sake of all Americans, we the people need to stop following a particular party just because they spew out an anthem that really is nothing more than a shroud of deceit. There's nothing wrong with having the parties that stand for something different as long as they understand that we are the people and they work for us.

We have control over what is right for us and what policies are made into law in this nation, not them. The health care plan was thrown down us, the American people's throats, even though the majority of the country didn't want it. This is not what America was built on.

As long as all Americans can come together, even though we may differ on some issues, hold our government accountable, for back room policy meetings and under the table deals with the corrupt World Bankers and the Federal Reserve, we can return this country back into it's former glory.

vanhalen1r2
09-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Hell, it doesn't matter who is in office, repubs or the dems, they both are out to serve the world bankers and no one else. As long as they can constantly keep us fighting each other, and keep the economy on this up and down pattern, in the end they are the winners and we lose.

Sure, they will let the economy stabilize and the markets will correct themselves. Shit, they will even let people get to the point of even feeling safe again and start to spend. Doesn't matter who is president and who controls congress. Once the wave of highs reach it's point, a new president will take over and the bankers will tear the economy down again.

For the sake of all Americans, we the people need to stop following a particular party just because they spew out an anthem that really is nothing more than a shroud of deceit. There's nothing wrong with having the parties that stand for something different as long as they understand that we are the people and they work for us.

We have control over what is right for us and what policies are made into law in this nation, not them. The health care plan was thrown down us, the American people's throats, even though the majority of the country didn't want it. This is not what America was built on.

As long as all Americans can come together, even though we may differ on some issues, hold our government accountable, for back room policy meetings and under the table deals with the corrupt World Bankers and the Federal Reserve, we can return this country back into it's former glory.

Damn straight both parties have sold us the AMERICAN people out, they serve themselves and their interests first and foremost they are TWO WINGS OF THE SAME EVIL VULTURE.