08-22-2010, 05:49 PM
All I could think of is "This sounds like a fucking tire commercial"

Sensible Shoes
08-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Isn't it?

If not, wait a while and it will be.

BITEYOASS
08-22-2010, 06:17 PM
I keep thinking of shitty Pepsi beverages when I hear that god-awful tune.

Unchainme
08-22-2010, 06:19 PM
All I could think of is "This sounds like a fucking tire commercial"

or one for soda-pop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPvyq_KmXhc&feature=related

VanHalenFan5150
08-22-2010, 07:50 PM
One step ahead, one step behind...

(buy tires)

Right now!

(rotors and drums fixed while wait)

Right now!

(Sammy Hagar is sucking dick!)

Right now!

GAR
08-22-2010, 09:07 PM
oh thats very very well stated

Golden AWe
08-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Grrroovy! Did you start jamming and dancing?

GAR
08-29-2010, 05:44 AM
I like the harmonica part in "Right Now." Wonderful melody! I get herpes pimples just stinking about it..

Coyote
08-29-2010, 06:57 AM
I played a gig last night at a local biker party.

Didn't know what to think of them, until I heard "Amsterdam" blaring out of the PA...

GAR
08-29-2010, 11:20 AM
I heard about that song, that's the one Ed supposedly didn't pay attention to until he read the lyrics on the CD sleeve, then goes and fires Hagar for it?

chefcraig
08-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Warning: Toxic content contained in link!

If you really want to know just how Un-Godly awful and utterly ghastly this "band" was in 2004, click on this link. I'm not embedding the clip as a courtesy to those with weak stomachs. Again, you have been warned, although it's understandable to feel inexplicably drawn to the recording, as the effects of Ed's horrific playing and the vocalist's questionable "singing" sucks you in much like feeling compelled to gawk at a car wreck on the highway. Seriously, even if you do choose to listen to this garbage, it's unlikely you'll get past the 1 minute mark.

LINK: Right Now, 2004 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6jEgaWlimA)

Little Texan
08-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Here's what I think of when I hear "Right Now". :biggrin: (click on the image)

sadaist
08-29-2010, 04:06 PM
I like Right Now. It's a catchy tune and the video was an extremely cool idea that fit the song and the current times perfectly.

That said, as a Van Halen song it sucks donkey balls. I can't picture Judas Priest singing Stand By Me either and that's a great song.

Right now sounds like it was a Journey/Survivor type collaboration made for a movie. NOT a song from the greatest hard rock band of all times.

It is the perfect example of what Sammy did to the mighty Van Halen. Yeah, yeah...Sammy has talent and they were still a talented band....but they were NOT Van Halen anymore. They really should have changed their name and been billed as some type of all-star or supergroup, thus leaving the 6-pack & VH legend unblemished and avoiding the whole Dave/Sammy feud.

Terry
08-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Warning: Toxic content contained in link!

If you really want to know just how Un-Godly awful and utterly ghastly this "band" was in 2004, click on this link. I'm not embedding the clip as a courtesy to those with weak stomachs. Again, you have been warned, although it's understandable to feel inexplicably drawn to the recording, as the effects of Ed's horrific playing and the vocalist's questionable "singing" sucks you in much like feeling compelled to gawk at a car wreck on the highway. Seriously, even if you do choose to listen to this garbage, it's unlikely you'll get past the 1 minute mark.

LINK: Right Now, 2004 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6jEgaWlimA)

That was pretty fucking awful.