PDA

View Full Version : More Trouble In Aerosmith?

Jagermeister
09-07-2010, 11:57 AM
The Calgary Herald conducted an interview with AEROSMITH guitarist Joe Perry ahead of the band's September 10, 2010 appearance at the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

On when fans will have a chance to see the Boston hard rock band in action again:

"Technically speaking, after the gig in Vancouver (on Sept. 16), I don't have a job with AEROSMITH. We know these are the last shows for awhile. And I really do mean awhile. I don't know when we'll be out there again, the five of us, so we'll be playing with everything we've got."

On learning through the media that singer Steven Tyler was up for a second job as a judge on the reality TV singing competition "American Idol":

"(The whole group) sat down not too long ago, when we decided to do this tour, and we basically laid out plans for the next two years. And when you're sitting there talking about that and one of the band members knows full well he's signed a contract that's taking him out of the music business for up to seven months of the year — that kind of throws a wrench into things . . . It's all very well to say, 'I'm going to go off and do this and it won't interfere with the band . . .' but there's only so many weeks in the month and so many months in the year."

On what Perry and the rest of AEROSMITH plans to do while Tyler gets busy on the side with a variety of projects, including "American Idol" and his long-awaited autobiography:

"I'm not going to sit around for two years waiting for him to come back to AEROSMITH. (You've got) four guys that are great together, and if you find the right singer, there's no reason you can't go and entertain people."

On the incident at AEROSMITH's Toronto show at Air Canada Centre where Tyler hip-checked Perry and Perry responded with a bump of his own, causing Tyler to lose his balance, falling from the stage:

"He's got this thing in his head that it's cool when the guys in the band bump into each other. Nobody else in the band feels that way. . . . Leave me alone when I'm playing."On his thoughts on "American Idol":

"It's a reality show designed to get people to watch that station and sell advertising. It's one step above ('Teenage Mutant') 'Ninja Turtles'.

"I'll tell you one thing, when we put this band together, this is not something that (Steven Tyler) would do.

"It's his business, but I don't want AEROSMITH's name involved with it. We have nothing to do with it."

I disagree.

LMAO!

THEDOCTOR
09-07-2010, 02:21 PM
They need to get the hell away from each other for awhile,fail individually on their own,and come back to their bread n butter.

Igosplut
09-07-2010, 08:30 PM
They need to get the hell away from each other for awhile,fail individually on their own,and come back to their bread n butter.

Yep, that's happened before too.

But yes, they need a divorce...Not that anybody cares at this juncture in their career.....

Terry
09-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Fuck this lame-ass Aerosmith drama.

Not to be a dick, but shouldn't this be moved to House of Music?

sadaist
09-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Fuck this lame-ass Aerosmith drama.

Better quote would have been...

"Fuck lame-ass Aerosmith"

Those guys have sucked balls since the mid 80's. Time to pack it in for good. Put this horse to bed.

kwame k
09-07-2010, 09:14 PM
The band hasn't been relevant since, "Done With Mirrors", IMHO........no good can ever come writing songs with Desmond Child!

FORD
09-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Perry thinks that his big lipped partner's new job on "American Idol" has nothing to do with AeroShit, but he couldn't be more wrong. Because everything that AeroShit has become since 1986 or so, is EXACTLY the same thing American Idol is..... a corporate corrupted system that promotes canned songwriting and TV image over actual musical talent.

Name me ONE classic rock band who would have gotten a record deal from Simon fucking Coward. Can't think of any, and that includes Aerosmith.

Freddie Mercury is the one possible exception, but he would have had to sing some fucking opera songs or show tunes in his audition. If he had done "Tie Your Mother Down" or even "You're My Best Friend" he never would have passed the audition.

Diamondjimi
09-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Perry thinks that his big lipped partner's new job on "American Idol" has nothing to do with AeroShit, but he couldn't be more wrong. Because everything that AeroShit has become since 1986 or so, is EXACTLY the same thing American Idol is..... a corporate corrupted system that promotes canned songwriting and TV image over actual musical talent.

Name me ONE classic rock band who would have gotten a record deal from Simon fucking Coward. Can't think of any, and that includes Aerosmith.

Freddie Mercury is the one possible exception, but he would have had to sing some fucking opera songs or show tunes in his audition. If he had done "Tie Your Mother Down" or even "You're My Best Friend" he never would have passed the audition.

True dat!

Time for Aerosmith to do a farewell tour and be done with it...

kwame k
09-07-2010, 09:50 PM
So true, FORD :beers8:

Va Beach VH Fan
09-07-2010, 10:26 PM
LOL, I'm sorry, I just literally laughed out loud that you guys are recommending that Aerosmith "pack it in" on a Van Halen message board....

sadaist
09-07-2010, 10:54 PM
LOL, I'm sorry, I just literally laughed out loud that you guys are recommending that Aerosmith "pack it in" on a Van Halen message board....

But 2 great songs since 1985 is a million times better than 80 God awful songs. And yeah, if Hagar were still in the band...or heaven forbid Cherone, we would be telling them to pack it in.

I bet if you went back a few years, the consensus in 2004 was for them to just call it a day. If it wasn't before the tour, it sure as hell was afterwards.

Terry
09-07-2010, 11:03 PM
It's even more laughable because Aerosmith are far beyond the point of being able to pack it in with any amount of class.

They've been flogging their dead horse for at least 15 years too long.

The band has been such a joke for so long that why even bother calling it a day?

Hey, fuck it. If people still wanna shell out money to see them, whatever. Ain't my jingle going in their pockets.

Steve Savicki
09-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Better quote would have been...

"Fuck lame-ass Aerosmith"

Those guys have sucked balls since the mid 80's. Time to pack it in for good. Put this horse to bed.
Even better:

FuŠk lame-ass Van Halen.

Diamondjimi
09-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Even better:

FuŠk lame-ass Van Halen.

OK, who's hacked into Savicki's account???

78/84 guy
09-08-2010, 06:25 PM
It's a shame they forgot how to write good songs because live they still sound good. Their last 5 cd's are a fucking sad case too record more stuff. Tyler is still good live but he seems lost when it comes to what a rock band should be doing. Hope VH isn't talked about like this after a few new Dave discs !! The Stone's are already there also !! I was thinking AC/DC was there but they kicked ass last year when I seen them. The drummer should still be Chris Slade. Phil seems to be just earning a paycheck at this point. Sometimes these guy's hang around too long !!!

GreenBayLA
09-09-2010, 08:39 AM
Nothing to see here, move along...
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFbQlmbcibYOvTv81yGnGAIshR27qI5 qqFvz6lWYQt5fbjfQ0&t=1&usg=__QtKApPS9AdjwZtbLty8vm34KoTU=

indeedido
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Next time Joe sees Steven, he better be wearing a cup. Or is it tonight's about Steven and American Idol not your fuckin' band Aerosmith? Either way who cares.

chefcraig
09-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I could swear that I read this same story (substitute Tyler's American Idol involvement for a solo album) several months ago. When you "band" gets known not for creating news for it's music but for it's dysfunction, perhaps it's time to call it a day.

GreenBayLA
09-10-2010, 04:57 AM
stay tuned...

GreenBayLA
09-10-2010, 05:00 AM

Perry has released 2 solo records in the last few years to less than stellar success so he knows where the $ is. Tyler on the other hand has yet to truly do a solo record. Perhaps he needs to stretch his wings to see if he can fly alone cuz he sure doesn't seem to be into the band thing right now. I heard he feels unappreciated in Aerosmith and wants to work on Brand Tyler. That includes a new autobiography, American Idol and maybe a solo album. He must think all those AI viewers are going to buy/download/steal a full record of his pop schlock love ballads. Cuz if he wants to ROCK Aerosmith is ready to go and he doesn't seem interested.

sadaist
09-10-2010, 05:57 AM
When you "band" gets known not for creating news for it's music but for it's dysfunction, perhaps it's time to call it a day.

They really should have wrapped up a decade ago and have the fans clamoring now for a reunion. Watching them now is just sad. It's a fucking train wreck. Train did NOT keep a rollin'.

Seshmeister
09-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Perry thinks that his big lip SYNCED partner's new job on "American Idol" has nothing to do with AeroShit, but he couldn't be more wrong.

Seshmeister
09-10-2010, 11:02 AM
"It's a reality show designed to get people to watch that station and sell advertising. It's one step above ('Teenage Mutant') 'Ninja Turtles'.

What a fucking idiot Perry is.

There is no way American Idol is anywhere near being above Ninja Turtles, it's a million miles below it.

chefcraig
09-10-2010, 11:07 AM
What a fucking idiot Perry is.

There is no way American Idol is anywhere near being above Ninja Turtles, it's a million miles below it.

The Turtles haven't been hot since sometime in the eighties. Ironically, Aerosmith is in much the same boat.
http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Others/titanic-058.gif (http://www.smileyshut.com/facebook-smileys.html)